Enjoy Inn Reviews

39 Qiyi Street, Bayi Lower Section, Lijiang, China

Great location over looking the water, but a loud band playing next door. I sleep like a log, so did not bother me, but it would be hard on some if their room adjoined it. A bit of a walk into the upper part of the old town - which I enjoy, but it could be a bit hard on those who do not like a 20 minute walk.

A delightful common area overlooking the canal and willows, and plenty of charming rooms set this hostel apart. The owner, Joy, is delightful, and the type of person who literally jumps into action if you so much as glance in her direction. My (private) room was always made up each day as well, very few hostels do this. I would love it if they served breakfast too, but local options do abound; this is a nice place with a great feel.

Very clean room and the hostel is also very well maintained. Beautiful balcony

• 13th May 2015
  • Indonesia

This hostel was really nice. We had a lovely large room to ourselves that looked directly out on a canal. The owner was very helpful and set up a tour to Tiger Leaping Gorge for us. She introduced us to other people that were going so we had company as well. I would highly recommend staying here.

Joy is awesome, friendly and helpful. It wasn't very busy when I was there and it was quiet and relaxing, she helped me book my next place too, which was super nice of her and helped me get to Tiger Leaping Gorge. The other comments about the karaoke and loudness are accurate but I think that's a consequence of being in Old Town. Go out in the morning and you can have some bao for breakfast and see all the kids going to school, the streets are quiet and it's very nice.

The more expensive rooms in this place look really great...we weren't staying in them. The rooms have very thin walls and padlocks to lock the doors which is very homey and all but still. There is only one staff member here who speaks any English at all. When she is around she is very helpful but it can be a little frustrating when she isn't! The WiFi is also kind if crappy even for China. Location wise it is overlooking a beautiful little river, you might forgive everything else just for that!

The best part about this is the staff. So helpful, incredibly nice! Highly recommend staying here.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Really enjoyed our stay here. Joy, the woman who runs the hostel, went out of her way to help us and everyone there was very friendly. The hostel is in Lijiang old town, hard to find but a convenient location for seeing things in the area. it backs out onto a stream and an street, and the view from the balcony that the rooms back onto was lovely. The rooms themselves were the best we had during our stay in China. Clean, with comfortable beds, and a good shower. For the price, Excellent!!

We had a lovely stay at Enjoy Inn! The owners are very lovely people and very informative. Our room (twin shared bathroom) was good for the price but the ensure doubles looked great, lovely and sunny with nice decor and a view. There's a nice comfy balcony common area that you can chill in and drink tea, read, whatever. Would wholeheartedly recommend!!

• 4th Nov 2014

The staff is dishonest. When we arrive the hostel we asked whether there is room available. they said only the twin en suite is available and the price is really high. Because they want to sell the room for a higher price during 10-1 holiday. However when we check the hostelworld, we found that there are still twin room shared bathroom available at the fellow two days. This make us so angry to change another hostel at Lijiang next day which is so much troublesome.

Staff vey ftiendly and helpful but the room was very expensive bearing in mind that breakfast was not included and the toilet leaking. However, we liked the location as it was in a nice and quiet part of the old town away from the crowds but very much with atmosphere. Lots of nice restaurants nearby.

There is only one drawback to this hostel: it's hard to find. On Qiyi (7-1) Street, there comes a point where the street numbers jump. The numbers actually continue down an alley, then come back up the alley and continue. My friend and I passed the alley half a dozen times before we went down it and found the hostel.

Hostel is little bit old, shared bathroom and toilet not so clean and dorms have windows to a noisy street even at nights and early mornings. Private rooms are much better, moreover owner speeks good english and very helpfull. Thank you for sorting out problems with another Lijiang hostel that i booked by hostelworld.

Great location and guesthouse owner was fantastic with her recommendations for sight seeing.

Nice inn. Friendly personal. Well english is spoken there if you'r dealing with the right lady receptionist. Be careful because inn closes its doors at midnight and there is nobody to open you the door if you'r too late. And the walls are thin.

Experienced backpacker over 6 years For the location and price the place is a steal. But beware of the bugs and even though there is a nice deck for the common room the atmosphere isn't much unless you want to relax. The rooms are average but for the price you cant expect too much. The bathrooms are shared and they at least have western toilets and provide toilet paper. However the staff is less than welcoming. Don't expect too much help other than short answers that don't really help much.

I stayed in a single room. The bed was comfy, the wifi worked slowly, and the room was clean. The door, which consists of two swinging doors locked with a padlock, was really difficult to fully close and it made an enormous rumbling and squeaking every time I opened it. The room appeared to have no heating. I can't imagine staying here in the winter. The owner and the French guy speak English very well. Self-service laundry. Couldn't sleep because of live music outside (thin walls).

value for money, wonderful staff. Very happy satisfied customer

Exellent hostel owned by an old couple. Very friendly service. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Hotel is just next to a water canal, which makes the atmosphere very nice. This place is not for party animals who'd like to return their beds very late as the hostel closes it's doors after midnight.

Really great hostel, beautiful location and helpful staff. The only minor negative was the weak shower pressure in the shared bathroom.

« first « Prev 1 2 3