Equity Point Centric Reviews

Passeig de Gracia 33, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel was a bit large for me, and it created an atmosphere that was very different than I was looking for. Many of the people staying there were "too cool", and the second floor "bar" is awkward. The terrace and reading area on the 7th floors all close very early, and it's often impossible to find a quiet space. Depends what you're looking for!

• 4th Jul 2015

The staff was friendly, the lounges were clean and comfortable, and the hostel is located in a fabulous location.

My stay here was good overall. The location is unreal and the facilities are very nice. However, it is a very large hostel and has a very corporate feel to it - 7 floors of rooms, you have to pay for WiFi in the rooms, and really lacks personality. If you prefer more comfortable spaces or smaller hostels, this is not the best place to stay.

In general a very good large hostel, in a great location. Superb terrace, good cheap breakfast, nice people working there. Only issue was that on the 5th floor the bathroom wasn't clean, smelled, and only one toilet was in use. Perhaps on other floors this isn't the case. Ideally they would add a few extra showers and toilets, but other than that it really is a good hostel. I'd recommend it, but perhaps ask not to stay on the 5th floor until they revamp that a bit. Recommended!

We were badly treated by the host as we arrived. Bad attitide of the guy and then from the girl. We went outside to wak around the city. When i came back my bed was ised and has things from another person there. They made me a new bed bit it didnt feel ok. Even though we had already payed our stay we left to another hostel. I asked to the girl in the counter to cancel my reservation for the 28th june and she said she couldnt. I just preffered to leave. Not a good experience at all.

If Alexander the Great had started off conquering central Asia in 323 BC by having his mechanical engineers install such a flawless world class central air conditioning system, the same that makes such a brilliant night of sleep always possible at Equity Point Centric, at the end of each days horse ride through to Delhi the world would now be 20 times more prosperous, and Alexander the Great would probably have lived much longer.

Nice hostel really close to la rambla and a major train staition. Two showers between a whole floor of 8 person dorms can get a little busy in the morning but otherwise the facilities are good and clean. I understand they have a bar but the only allowed to drink with dinner rule is pretty pathetic. If the bar had more options and a better tap beer it would be fine. Enjoyable stay though!

12 Bed dorm had 2 more extra beds. No reading lights or charging points near the bed. Too many people and stuff lying everywhere. Wifi signal problems on upper floors. Location is the only plus point.

Staff is friendly except for the cleaning woman who seemed to be quite bossy and in addition had quite a temper. She made fun of my friend who couldn't speak spanish... unfortunately for her I could... apart from that my/our experience was pleasant.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Austria

I thought if u pay 18 euros for a 14 ppl dorm, breakfast could have been included.

Was in a 12 man room and was nowhere near enough space for everyone so was claustrophobic. Felt safe, plenty of security but not enough toilets or showers. Wifi was good in the lobby area but very temperamental in the rooms. Such a good location for food and everything, far from beach but could get metro easily

Good hostel, clean and good atmosphere ! I'd definitely go back

• 16th Jun 2015

This hostel was very nice and in a great location. The only problem is that there's not wifi in the rooms, but it's in all the common spaces, so you are more able to meet other people hanging out. There also weren't outlets at every bed. The staff were great! They were friendly and we had to wait for a few minutes at the check in desk and they gave us free drink coupons to use at the bar because of the wait.

The hostel was perfect for a short stay for those wishing to save money. It was pleased with the cleanliness, the common areas were quite nice, the hostel was a bit of a walk to the beach, but very 'centric' to all the locations on the city. My only complaints are that the wifi is rather poor and the staff was either very strict or not very enthusiatic; Don't get me wrong they were nice, but not as enthusiastic or fun as other hostel workers I have come across. I would recommend equity point cen

I would never stay in this hostel again. The staff were rude and the location may be "centric" but Barcelona is that big centric is far from everything. About a 30 minute walk to la Ramba, but that's the closest thing. The lights in the bathroom are censored, but only stay on for 15 seconds, and the sensor doesn't reach the inside of the shower, which results in you having a shower in the dark. The 6 bed dorm only had 1 power point which isn't ideal for someone backpacking.

• 15th Jun 2015

Cool hostel if you want to be one in a million guests. This is the largest hostel I have ever stayed in. A huge variety of people which is good in some ways and bad in others in terms that not all guests were backpackers looking to socialize and meet new people and explore the city. Very weird atmosphere. Over all the hostel was clean, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was also clean, and cleaning service was always around. If you want wifi you must pay for the premium.

This hostel is very big and very corporate. They are only interested in making money. Would not suggest doing a dorm with more than 12 beds. Too many people in one room and only a few outlets. Beds are SUPER uncomfortable and the wifi basically doesn't work anywhere but the extremely loud and crowded kitchen. Try somewhere else!

Great location. Small bathrooms.

Nice hostel in its size , style, and central location. However, the nearby restaurants are very expensive. For the budget traveler I would suggest and neighboring zone. Also, they treat you a bit like children..., no outside alcohol, they close the terrace at 9 and you have to buy these annoying little tickets to get drinks. Overall... I would suggest elsewhere to a friend.

Would definitely recommend. There was a guy on the terrace bar who wasn't very friendly, but otherwise the staff and guests were warm and welcoming!

• 11th Jun 2015