Equity Point Centric Reviews

Passeig de Gracia 33, Barcelona, Spain

I am a hostel Virgin and never would have booked one. Equity point centric was really good experience for me the facilities were clean staff were helpful. I would def stay there again. Breakfast cost €1.50 not bad either. I also met amazing travellers from every where all ages. It's location is perfect. From this experience alone I will recommend people to stay here. I will be back in the near future. I fell in love with the city too :)

• 25th Jul 2015

The space is very limited. No individual plug-in besides the bed. So many additional charges (for wifi in room, breakfast, etc.). The bathroom is too small and poorly facilitated (no hair dryer, no place to put shampoo, bath gel in the shower, the light goes out every 30 seconds, and you have to put the button every single minute for water flow...not to mention you have to share the bathroom with other 11 people, which can be very annoying.) The good things are the location and the bed.

Equity point centric was a clean but crazy place to stay. Chill would not be a word I would use to describe it. It houses 400 people and they were fully booked so the place was a bit hectic. Otherwise it was nice. Very clean and the rooms each had their own a/c, shower, and toilet. There's a terrace that has a bar on the roof that is has reasonably priced beer but it closes at 10pm. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to party their way through Barcelona.

The hostel is in a super convenient location, which was a major positive in my case, the train from the airport arrives to the stop right out front the hostel. Very easy to locate and near a lot of food and shopping. The hostel itself is your basic hostel. I just wish it was cleaner and that there was more than one set of outlets by the door. Also, i didnt feel comfortable with their left luggage setup and ended up paying to have my bag left at a baggage place a few blocks away instead.

My stay at Equity Point Centric Hostel was nearly perfect up until checkout. Great location right next to the tube and La Rambla. Brilliant hostel atmosphere in common rooms. All in all great value for money! However my checkout experience was really dreadful. I completely understand that it's a busy period 8-10am each day for the receptionist. But feel the way the man at reception spoke to fellow travellers and myself was horrendous! Out of this world rude and unfriendly.

Lots of annoying rules at this hostel, having to show a piece of paper to get past reception. People were often double booked into the same bed creating confusion and problems late at night when people came home from a night out.

• 20th Jul 2015

Great location, easy to find. Staff were very helpful. Only disappointment was that there were only 2 showers and 2 toilets per gender on each floor. Very enjoyable stay. Would recommend

Good hostel in a great location. The only downsides are that the wifi only works in common rooms and in the lobby, and ths shower stops every 5 seconds (you practically have to hold the button the whole time while you're showering).

I loved the stay at the hostel, great service for a good price, I could not ask for more. The only thing I would like to mention, though, is that the acess to the luggage room is too easy and I felt a little more attention for security is necessary in order to prevent major troubles. Except for this, everything else was absolutely wonderful. I would love to come back. Thank you.

Amazing all around. Wifi can be hit or miss unless you're in the 2nd floor common room where it is very consistent. Heard about 2 attempted locker thefts within the hostel over my 6-day stay. Exercise caution like anywhere else and you will be extremely happy at Equity Point centric hostel.

The hostel had some cleanliness problems, especially the bathrooms. They also say in the little contract that you sign that breakfast is included when in fact you have to pay for it. You also have to pay if you want wifi in your room, which is crazy!

Great location by tons of shops and bars. So many things to do in a close proximity. I was nervous having read reviews that the guy at the front desk would be rude or treat my friend and I as unwelcomed guests but he was nice and very helpful. Internet was very fast too that was an added bonus. The one compliant I have is my friend said there were stains on her bed sheets which is gross and unsanitary. We got new sheets

• 16th Jul 2015

Good location, good price, relatively clean and decent atmosphere. The wifi is not free -- you have to pay 3 euro. It is free in the tiny lobby with no seating area, but if you want to use it anywhere else you have to pay. There is also a fine per person per night to use a credit or debit card. Also, there are not outlets for each bed. There is one outlet by the door of each room, and everyone has to charge their appliances there, which is inconvenient and unsafe.

Great location, exemplary staff, great price compared to the surrounding area, very nice and well maintained hostel.

• 12th Jul 2015

Very amazing hostel. Keep it up... next time if I visit again, i will definitely take your hostel

Great location with clean facilities, really kind employees and an awesome atmosphere. I will definitely be recommending this to my friends coming to Barcelona and will always stay here when I come!

Place was decent. It's pretty much a massive hostel catered to young travelers looking to party, which isn't bad, but there's no friendly vibe, just a whole lot of people keeping to themselves or getting overly dressed up to go drink. Also the staff was often aloof, inept, or rude. The location was good though since there's a metro stop really close.

Pretty great hostel, conveniently located close to everything you would want to see in Barcelona...besides the beach but for that it's just a metro ride away. Was very clean, the staff helped you out, very lively, there's no wifi in the room unless you pay for it but it wasn't that bad. Overall very good stay!

Overall we had a really good stay here, perfect location, lockers were safe and the roof terrace was really nice. What we found a bit annoying was that in a 12 person room there was only one charging point towards the door which only had 6 plug holes. Other than that it was really great!

The shower in the rooms en suites was very poor - the shower needs to be a bit bigger and the water pressure needs to be harder and they also need to go for just a lite bit longer. I think the locks should be offered to each person included in the price - not have to pay extra. And the roof top bar people should be aloud to put tables together so that you can sit more then 4 people at a table - especially when your in a hostel and meeting new people all the time. The waiter was very rude sackhim

• 7th Jul 2015