Equity Point Centric Reviews

Passeig de Gracia 33, Barcelona, Spain

I changed the Hostel after one night in Pareiso Travellors (very bad!). The Equity Point is very central, friendly, good service, good atmosphere, easy going, very professional, clean, not to young. No party hostel, very big (whole house), very discreet. I traveled there alone as a woman and feelt very save and comfortable. If you like to have your calm and make your own thing, you can have it. There are also common areas, where you can meet other travelers if you like. I would go there again!

They make you pay to use internet in your room. Pain in the ass to have to go to the hallway to look something up late at night. They also close the roof and common area around 12 so you end up having to just sit outside on the street if you want to hang out with people. Not a bad hostel, I've been at worse, but I've also been at better.

we had an amazing time there!the terrace is amazing!and the location is perfect!

• 15th Aug 2015

Amazing location right on the lively Passeig de Gracia, steps away from Casa Batllo and with many restaurants nearby. Bring a combination lock, because you can lock away your luggage in lockers in the luggage room as well as in the dorms. Check in took a very long time, however, and there is no internet in the rooms, only the common rooms.

Well.. Room is like a cage and everywhere was dirty street is more clean than this hostel.. No one cares about happiness of guest. Housekeeper can shout to you if you want clean sheets dont be suprised about it. Nothing is positive about this place

Good kitchen and commons area, helpful staff. The rooms weren't so great, nor very comfortable. I'm sure you could find a better place for cheaper

The place is really big, so unless you have good roommates it will be more difficult to meet people. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms unless you pay for the "premium" wifi for 3 euros. The rooms and common area were clean.

Very good location to everywhere either beach or mountain or shops. Wifi only accessed at common area which is not so convenience. Staffs are friendly(most of them), security is quite good but keycard sometimes doesn't work so good. I was locked out side of my room couple times.

I was alone and met lots of cool people so it was a fun stay! Its a huge hostel so it has that advantage. Rooms were good with the private bathroom. The staff were helpful but takes a while to check in if there are lots arriving at check in time. Would stay here again on my next trip to Barcelona!

well, in the common room at second floor people were more interested in have a connection to the internet than to other human beings (no, it's not due to me), while at the roof floor the atmosphere was much better. Kitchen is well furnished and the breakfast very cheap (as well as tasteless...) The position justifies the price.

• 9th Aug 2015

The hostal is in a great location and the staff were awesome. The kitchen is TINY for how many people are at the hostal and it was always pretty messy. Morning and late night were the only times it was really clean. Never any paper towels in the bathrooms and many times no soap for washing hands. Love the bars. Love the roof.

When we first arrived, it was noon, we were unable to check-in right away; not a great start since we were never told a check in time.Fortunately they had this "luggage room" where you could drop off your bags and valuables in this half-secure room where it was free-for-all for anyone to come in and take as they please.A girl even came down the stairs in a panic claiming she was robbed.I was nervous about my belongings the entire stay, atmosphere was meh, and the staff/operators were unorganized

• 7th Aug 2015

The location was ok, not in the old district but about a 10min walk. There is a gothic hostel option though. Just a bit more expensive. The hostel was mostly clean, sans bathroom (lots of sand, hair and condoms)

Staff pretty unhelpful, could be rude at times and very unhelpful with directions

I've nothing cool to say about this place, may be because it was more of a hotel. Pretty commercial, no personalized touch. It wins in terms of location - right next to the Casa Batllo, Passaige De Gracia Metro station, walking distance from Placa de catalunya. Very good connectivity dues to popular metro station. The free walking tour starts from the hostel at 10:15 am everyday. Breakfast for €1.50, you buy vouchers to access the internet on computer terminals €0.50/30mins.

The only reason to stay here is because it is cheap and in the centre of Barcelona. Expect dirty bathrooms, smelly rooms and rude staff (even the cleaners who clean the bathrooms in peak morning hours and don't let you in). This hostel is huge and no social vibe. Food was stolen from fridge, extra charges for wifi in room and have to pay for breakfast. Horrible bed. There were only two female showers on our floor and one didn't drain. This is shared with at least 10+ rooms some with 12 beds.

it was so comfortable. the rooms are always clean. people were amazing too.

Terrible customer service when checking in and extra fees made this an overpriced and unhappy stay. For a 40 plus euro a night hostel, Equity Point was far below average. The only redeeming quality was the location of the hostel. Otherwise, our experience was quite frustrating at this hostel. There was no wifi in room as advertised and we received a lot of attitude when our check-in host explained why not all be able to pay with a credit card. Our experience at Casa Gracia was many times better.

• 1st Aug 2015

I only stayed one night as I needed to stay in Barcelona for a short time just to get to another place, but the hostel was fantastic! I will definitely stay here when I come back!

Great hostel with good atmosphere, quite a mix of people but the hostel is huge so understandable Very good price

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7