Equity Point Centric Reviews

Passeig de Gracia 33, Barcelona, Spain

Very good hostel! Excellent for meeting people and passig de gracia is a wonderful area! The metros are right outside the hostel if you want to go to la rambla or the beach! The view from the terrace is beautiful and the atmosphere of the hostel is great! Would definitely stay here again :)

As far as location and price go, you can't really go past Equity Point, so for people on a tight budget I would recommend. However, for anyone able to spend a few extra euros, GO SOMEWHERE BETTER! Staff are slow and disinterested, WiFi is a joke in most of the hostel, a friend had a lock tampered with, my bathroom flooded and barely locked, and as there are so many guests (many in big groups) , it's very hard to meet people. Breakfast is also very disappointing.

This hostel was decent. Great location and friendly staff. They offer free tours at 10am and have two common areas (second and seventh floor). There is only WiFi on the seventh floor and its slowww... They also offer free breakfast and have two bars (one on the second and terrace). Overall its not a bad hostel. In my opinion its too big. The beds are also very uncomfortable, after one night my back started aching. In addition the rooms smell like body odor which could be taken care. 7/10

Nice cool air conditioned rooms and fairly clean. Only big negative; WiFi was pretty much unusable at most points in the day, I guess due to lots of users.

• 28th Jul 2014

It was ok. Paying for a towel and only getting a duvet but no cover was kinda weird as well. But heck, it's very cheap, so you can't complain.

It was really good hostel and price is totally reasonable. Place was secure and clean. Furthermore, it has excellent location !

It could be a great hostel if they had WiFi and more than one or two showers per each floor. There seem to only be two routers in the building and with everyone fighting for WiFi there is never any. Over half the time I stayed there (4 days) the wifi is nonexistent. The fact that only wifi is in your common rooms only makes it for a worse social atmosphere atmosphere as everyone is on their phone if there is WiFi. Kitchen and fridge too small 4 number of guests good location and great building.

The location was great and hostel as cheap as chips so you'll definitely get your money's worth here. However, the reception was not always helpful and had a queue running out the front door. As there was a constant flow of people checking in, existing guests never got a look in! If you wanted to ask a small question, you are expected to wait 20mins until people were checked in! Since there are two receptionists, one should deal with the "new-comers" and the other for existing guests, no?

Really well located. There is a metro station right across the street. The staff was helpful to us when we asked for restaurants they recommended us places we really liked. The security at the hostel is excellent (identity cards, individual lockers in the rooms). Only thing is it is so huge we didn't really feel in a hostel so the atmosphere wasn't that good I thought.

Do not stay here! Not only i the staff extremely rude and un-helpful but all my friends and I who stayed here got bed bugs! On the first day the staff about yelled at us while checking in and wouldn't tell us were to buy locks for the lockers. Also the told us several times the wrong times or destination for the walking tours which we missed out on. Our room was horrible! The air condition was broken and he cleaning was leaking the entire time. DO NOT STAY HERE!

The staff needs to be better trained to listen to customers, answer questions, and accommodate the needs of their guests.

• 24th Jul 2014

The facilities are fine enough, but there is no air condition in the rooms.

Great hostel, except for the top deck tours that come through! Kills the atmosphere, Feels like being in Australia. Shame the rooftop bar closes so early!

Super nice atmosphere and location. Nice breakfast and all. Only thing is that there was just one plug next to the door in a room with 4 beds and wifi was veeeeery slow all over the place.

Only down point - aircon was broken on arrival. Had water dripping constantly which created large puddle in middle of room. Complained all 4 days and nothing was done, except from putting a towel on floor and a bin under the drippy air con. Disappointed coming back to warm room at end of long day sight seeing and didn't sleep well. However we were refunded 80 euros before leaving as very unhappy. Good value for money despite zircon hiccup, central, good breakfast, wifi isn't great in rooms!

• 21st Jul 2014

Really good hostel in a great location

Really good!

• 21st Jul 2014

The staff there were amazing! so friendly and helpful when I had my passport stolen in barca!

• 21st Jul 2014

very clean, but only one shower each for male and female for an entire floor of people.

I have stayed at this hostel twice. I came back the second time because I had liked it so much, but I have to say I wasn't as impressed as the first time. I didn't think it was as clean as it had been. The wifi was terrible when the hostel was full, plus I was in a room with only 1 power point for 4 people! There were also only 2 washing machines and dryers for a 6 level hostel, all of which were out of order. The walking tour wasn't great either. They joined 3 groups together, so it was packed