Equity Point Centric Reviews

Passeig de Gracia 33, Barcelona, Spain

Cool rooftop bar

Amazing hostel in terms of the location and the staff.

Awesome location, we booked a 12 person room and it was perfect for our groups needs. Breakfast at a great price and really good security from the staff.

The hostel is huge! When we wanted to check in, we had to wait for half an hour. The bathrooms are okay, but everything smells a bit like chlorine. The dorms are okay as well, but the mattrasses are very old, they are bent in the middle already. The recpetionists are nice, but not very helpful when it comes to more than telling you were to find the next supermarket. Plus point: two very nice common areas, well equipped kitchen!

I changed the Hostel after one night in Pareiso Travellors (very bad!). The Equity Point is very central, friendly, good service, good atmosphere, easy going, very professional, clean, not to young. No party hostel, very big (whole house), very discreet. I traveled there alone as a woman and feelt very save and comfortable. If you like to have your calm and make your own thing, you can have it. There are also common areas, where you can meet other travelers if you like. I would go there again!

The sheets left on the bed had stains of all colors as well as hair. We kept swapping sheets from other beds and found the same problem. The showers were also incredibly clogged and I avoided standing in the forming puddle at all costs. The shower wouldn't stay on longer than 15 seconds and I had to push the button every time. Our key card to the room never worked so we had to go to the front desk every time just to get in our room. Charging for a basic hostel breakfast is also a negative factor

They make you pay to use internet in your room. Pain in the ass to have to go to the hallway to look something up late at night. They also close the roof and common area around 12 so you end up having to just sit outside on the street if you want to hang out with people. Not a bad hostel, I've been at worse, but I've also been at better.

we had an amazing time there!the terrace is amazing!and the location is perfect!

• 15th Aug 2015

Amazing location right on the lively Passeig de Gracia, steps away from Casa Batllo and with many restaurants nearby. Bring a combination lock, because you can lock away your luggage in lockers in the luggage room as well as in the dorms. Check in took a very long time, however, and there is no internet in the rooms, only the common rooms.

Well.. Room is like a cage and everywhere was dirty street is more clean than this hostel.. No one cares about happiness of guest. Housekeeper can shout to you if you want clean sheets dont be suprised about it. Nothing is positive about this place

Good kitchen and commons area, helpful staff. The rooms weren't so great, nor very comfortable. I'm sure you could find a better place for cheaper

The place is really big, so unless you have good roommates it will be more difficult to meet people. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms unless you pay for the "premium" wifi for 3 euros. The rooms and common area were clean.

Great hostel, really well located. Lockers, charger and lights for every bed. The hostel is really big so there are a lot of people to meet. It has an amazing breakfast for like 2€. It is super clean and it has air conditionate in the rooms. I want in the middle of august and price was perfect for its value and location. I would definitvely come back.

Very good location to everywhere either beach or mountain or shops. Wifi only accessed at common area which is not so convenience. Staffs are friendly(most of them), security is quite good but keycard sometimes doesn't work so good. I was locked out side of my room couple times.

I stayed at this hostel because I was joining a Topdeck tour the next day. I had a very late arrival (2am!) and the staff were very helpful to get me the information I needed quickly so I could get some sleep.

I was alone and met lots of cool people so it was a fun stay! Its a huge hostel so it has that advantage. Rooms were good with the private bathroom. The staff were helpful but takes a while to check in if there are lots arriving at check in time. Would stay here again on my next trip to Barcelona!

well, in the common room at second floor people were more interested in have a connection to the internet than to other human beings (no, it's not due to me), while at the roof floor the atmosphere was much better. Kitchen is well furnished and the breakfast very cheap (as well as tasteless...) The position justifies the price.

• 9th Aug 2015

The hostal is in a great location and the staff were awesome. The kitchen is TINY for how many people are at the hostal and it was always pretty messy. Morning and late night were the only times it was really clean. Never any paper towels in the bathrooms and many times no soap for washing hands. Love the bars. Love the roof.

Nice but the common areas were separated so it out a divide in the people who were staying. Everything was comfortable except there wasn't individual powerpoints in the big rooms, no big deal but it makes a difference. Worthwhile stay overall.

When we first arrived, it was noon, we were unable to check-in right away; not a great start since we were never told a check in time.Fortunately they had this "luggage room" where you could drop off your bags and valuables in this half-secure room where it was free-for-all for anyone to come in and take as they please.A girl even came down the stairs in a panic claiming she was robbed.I was nervous about my belongings the entire stay, atmosphere was meh, and the staff/operators were unorganized

• 7th Aug 2015