Equity Point Centric Reviews

Passeig de Gracia 33, Barcelona, Spain

Great place to stay,and the location is excellent,all I needed to do was walk out the front door and look up. Will be returning here very soon I enjoyed it so much

The staff was friendly, the lounges were clean and comfortable, and the hostel is located in a fabulous location.

This wasnt an awful hostel but I stayed at BCNSprotshostel after this place and it was much better. The bathrooms werent very clean or nice and the staff wasnt great. Id recommend going to BCNSPORTSHOSTEL in Barca where its much nicer and still very affordable.

This place was great!!! And the air conditioning was working so well- which was beyond amazing considering it was 95 degrees farhenhite outside!

• 27th Jun 2015

My stay here was good overall. The location is unreal and the facilities are very nice. However, it is a very large hostel and has a very corporate feel to it - 7 floors of rooms, you have to pay for WiFi in the rooms, and really lacks personality. If you prefer more comfortable spaces or smaller hostels, this is not the best place to stay.

In general a very good large hostel, in a great location. Superb terrace, good cheap breakfast, nice people working there. Only issue was that on the 5th floor the bathroom wasn't clean, smelled, and only one toilet was in use. Perhaps on other floors this isn't the case. Ideally they would add a few extra showers and toilets, but other than that it really is a good hostel. I'd recommend it, but perhaps ask not to stay on the 5th floor until they revamp that a bit. Recommended!

We were badly treated by the host as we arrived. Bad attitide of the guy and then from the girl. We went outside to wak around the city. When i came back my bed was ised and has things from another person there. They made me a new bed bit it didnt feel ok. Even though we had already payed our stay we left to another hostel. I asked to the girl in the counter to cancel my reservation for the 28th june and she said she couldnt. I just preffered to leave. Not a good experience at all.

If Alexander the Great had started off conquering central Asia in 323 BC by having his mechanical engineers install such a flawless world class central air conditioning system, the same that makes such a brilliant night of sleep always possible at Equity Point Centric, at the end of each days horse ride through to Delhi the world would now be 20 times more prosperous, and Alexander the Great would probably have lived much longer.

Nice hostel really close to la rambla and a major train staition. Two showers between a whole floor of 8 person dorms can get a little busy in the morning but otherwise the facilities are good and clean. I understand they have a bar but the only allowed to drink with dinner rule is pretty pathetic. If the bar had more options and a better tap beer it would be fine. Enjoyable stay though!

12 Bed dorm had 2 more extra beds. No reading lights or charging points near the bed. Too many people and stuff lying everywhere. Wifi signal problems on upper floors. Location is the only plus point.

Huge hostel, but in great location! No free breakfast, security wasn't the greatest either. People could just walk in and then the staff might or might not see who it is coming into the hostel. Still, felt safe and just had to remind myself I paid for a huge hostel price!

It's a good hostel, really close to city center. However, it is a very large hostel and everything is less homey because of it. It is the perfect hostel if you are looking to party but not so much if you are on a romantic vacation.

Staff is friendly except for the cleaning woman who seemed to be quite bossy and in addition had quite a temper. She made fun of my friend who couldn't speak spanish... unfortunately for her I could... apart from that my/our experience was pleasant.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Austria

I thought if u pay 18 euros for a 14 ppl dorm, breakfast could have been included.

Was in a 12 man room and was nowhere near enough space for everyone so was claustrophobic. Felt safe, plenty of security but not enough toilets or showers. Wifi was good in the lobby area but very temperamental in the rooms. Such a good location for food and everything, far from beach but could get metro easily

Good hostel, clean and good atmosphere ! I'd definitely go back

• 16th Jun 2015

This hostel was very nice and in a great location. The only problem is that there's not wifi in the rooms, but it's in all the common spaces, so you are more able to meet other people hanging out. There also weren't outlets at every bed. The staff were great! They were friendly and we had to wait for a few minutes at the check in desk and they gave us free drink coupons to use at the bar because of the wait.

The hostel was perfect for a short stay for those wishing to save money. It was pleased with the cleanliness, the common areas were quite nice, the hostel was a bit of a walk to the beach, but very 'centric' to all the locations on the city. My only complaints are that the wifi is rather poor and the staff was either very strict or not very enthusiatic; Don't get me wrong they were nice, but not as enthusiastic or fun as other hostel workers I have come across. I would recommend equity point cen

Very nice facilities. Location is pretty good located 10 minute walk from the gothic quarter. Security is very good almost to a fault. You have to keep a piece of paper to show upon arrival every time you enter. My sister even got questioned for hers on her way to the restroom. My only complaint is that "free wifi" is a lie. They have free wifi at the rooftop bar and on the 2nd floor, so if you are staying on any of the other floors you're out of luck unless you want to pay for premium wifi

I would never stay in this hostel again. The staff were rude and the location may be "centric" but Barcelona is that big centric is far from everything. About a 30 minute walk to la Ramba, but that's the closest thing. The lights in the bathroom are censored, but only stay on for 15 seconds, and the sensor doesn't reach the inside of the shower, which results in you having a shower in the dark. The 6 bed dorm only had 1 power point which isn't ideal for someone backpacking.

• 15th Jun 2015