Equity Point Gothic Reviews

C/ Vigatans, 5, Barcelona, Spain

i FOUND THIS HOSTEL PERSONNEL WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND HAD A GREAT WELL ROUNDED PROGRAMS. THE STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL IN ASSISTING ONE GETTING AROUND THE CITY PLUS CENTRALLY LOCATED IN JUST ABOUT THE CENTER OF THE CITY.

Locatuon is wonderful. Most of all price is unbelivable.

It is very close to a metro station of Jaume 1 near to the Ramblas. Facilities were excellent, such as chargers and lights in the room, shared bathroom and provided maps. It was also nice to have a breakfast including fruits. Staffs were not that sympa but security was cool. I liked the card key and locker system.

Would've been fine but roommate stared at butts of girls for way too long and smelled faintly of mildew.

• 1st Nov 2014

By far the worst hostel I've stayed at. Staff not helpful - very grumpy. Credit card payment had a 1€ fee on it, no change was available when paying with cash. No events organised. Small kitchen with one element that barely boiled water- lineup to cook was 2 hours long at times. 'Fair enough' you say, 'it's cheap' you say. I say, 'never again'.

Amazing location, right in the centre of everything. This is the first hostel that I've stayed in, and I came in with very low expectations only to be blown away by everything. Free wifi, free breakfast, access to a (tiny) kitchen, and a great social atmosphere. Laundry, terrace, hang out rooms, super cheap, and friendly staff as well: 100% recommended!!

• 25th Oct 2014

equity point was a good hostel. the only thing that bothered me was the ladders in the dorms. those are a pain and i felt like i was going to fall every time i came down. there was breakfast everyday, not the best, but it was food. and the showers were clean and the staff were nice. its great value for your money

The location is great! Breakfast isn't very good.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Spain

All in all a very nice hostel. The location is excellent, and that is why I think the price is more or less reasonable. There is breakfast included and they even provide you with fruit there! What I do not find ok is that they announce they provide lockers but, in fact, you need to buy (!!!) your own padlock to lock the lockers. I find that really cheeky and unfair.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Austria

I really didn't enjoy my stay in here at all... Though the location is perfect, there is a kitchen and free breakfast, other things just sucked. Staff was really really rude and unhelpful. Atmosphere - there wasn't atmosphere at all. If you want to just sleep and get bored, come here. There was no events or such things to get to know other ppl. Hostel was also a bit dirty, you have to pay for a "blanket" (old, smelly, no duvet cover obv) and a towel. As a bed you get a mattress if u sleep above.

The room I was in was quite hot, despite an AC unit running all night (201). Also, I think there might have been mold growing somewhere due to poor ventilation because the room always smelled and felt damp.

Awesome location. Stayed in the 14 bed dorm which was a little too much, but the curtains over the bunks helped. Unfortunately some other punters decided 5.30am would be a good time for a chat in the dorm... Breakfast was ok, but better than nothing.

Was really lovely, but things like access to the roof after 10pm and wifi on the roof would have been great. The rooms were great but they got really hot at night even with the windows open. These are only suggestions really because despite these, we both really enjoyed our stay in Barcelona.

Great hostel, great location - only thing it was missing was a bit more of a party vib for the evenings.

The hostel was fantastic. My room was spacious and I liked the privacy of the curtain and there was just so much room for my things. It had a great location - close to everything you needed. The breakfast included was really good too. Might be better if it was available for longer during the morning perhaps? The only negative thing I have is I didn't really like the showers. They were cleaned frequently but the layout of the shower was awkward for me. Kept nudging the tap all the time!

The staff are ALWAYS very rude, seem to be very unhelpful. When it's time to leave the common area, they start yelling at everyone! The facilities are not the best neither the cleanliness. It's absolutely not worth the price. Although, it's very secure and the location is perfect.

This hostel has ridiculous loft-style bunks which you have to haul your stuff up and down to. Breakfast was basic but good. Good location. No real social atmosphere - probably due to over-the-top strict really unreasonable horrible staff member who is on a massive power trip.

음 . .그냥 잘만했어요 근대 침대가 좀감옥같기는한데 그저그렇게지낼만했어요 나쁜것도없고 좋은것도없고ㅋㅋ

Great place in the Gothic centre of Barcelona. Staff is very kind and the hostel has a cheerful atmosphere. Very close to the metro station and by walk you can reach the Barceloneta beach. It has breakfast included and served in the terrace where you can also play ping-pong. Rooms have small bathrooms without showers that are in common with other room in the same floor. I liked it so much. Also, you receive a gift at the check out.

In fairness I was only there for one night and it was the World Cup final, but there were no organized activities or events scheduled to help facilitate meeting people as it seemed like most people were keeping to themselves dispute my efforts to meet them and be engaging. In truth I was only looking for a place to crash for the night and this hostel satisfied that. If I was looking for a party hostel I could've gone to a Saint Jordi or Kabul or something like that but it served its purpose