Equity Point Gothic Reviews

C/ Vigatans, 5, Barcelona, Spain

This place blew my mind! HUGE area to sleep in, privacy curtain and your locker is less than two feet from your bed. The spot where it's located is amazing with more culture and night life than you can shake a stick at. Five minute walk from a subway stop (you can get anywhere just by walking out the door), plenty of showers, and if you check out and still want to wander around for the day you can store your stuff in additional lockers in the facility.

Hostel was in a great location right by the metro. Really easy and direct walk to loads of places such as La Rambla and the beach. It's location in the Gothic Quarter is ideal. So many beautiful buildings and narrow streets. The hostel itself is good. Enough personal space/privacy in the dorms. Rooms ere cool even though it was extremely hot outside. Showers were powerful and always hot. I would definitely come back.

• 24th Aug 2015

Was in a 14 bed and enjoyed the large size bunk beds, with space for bags on the top bunk.

Overall was a good hostel. Was walking distance to the beach and nightclubs but was a bit of a hike. Kitchen was small and only had a small stove but usable. Wifi connection was great and beds were comfy. Night staff were so rude and made you show your card when you walked in, was not nice at all, he rudely made us leave the sitting area at night and he overshadowed our stay leaving us with a negative impression of the whole place.

Half of the staff is very helpful including the guy on at night and the girl on most of the days, the others are a bit disinterested. Very easy and helpful when we needed an extra night they organised for us to stay in the same room which was so helpful. The lockers near the beds are great, security seems good, you can leave your bags before and after check out in a locked room. Showers smell a bit but they do the job. Amazing location gothic quarter is beautiful! Overall amazing value for money

The hostel is located in the city centre of Barcelona close to the cathedral. We liked the location and the staff. However the hostel was pricy for the facilities. No airconditioning in the room which is a must in the summer. Further good hostel but not such a great atmosphere. (Of course this differs per group)

The bed arrangement is really different. Each guest has their own space, about 2 meters x 1.5 meters, separated by wooden partitions, with a curtain for privacy. It works really well. Front desk person was friendly and helpful. Location is good; nice pedestrianised area halfway between the beach and La Rambla.

So it wasn't the cleanest hostel and the some of the staffweren't great, the beds looked kinda dirty. Buuuut the location is great, barcelona is more expensive and busy so it's not as necessary for staff to go above and beyond as they do in say madrid for the price that we pay. Lockers are available outside rooms even when you check out which is really nice. Also the way the beds are set up in the 14 be dorm were great! Very private and you have a decent amount of space. But emphasis on privacyy

Seems like a lot of very young people that are coming to get crazy are coming to the hostel. It's all cool until you wake up at 3am because a group of 5 coming back from a night out and decide to keep the party going in your 17 beds room... Other than that it was pretty average, just not such a good hostel experience.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Israel

I found it was the perfect location between the ocean and the rambla. The staff that is working during the day is amazing.. Ready to help you with tours you want to do. The staff at night is another story. You kind of feel like you are boring them if you ask them questions about things you can do in barcelona. We still had a wonderful time in spain.

• 9th Aug 2015

Wifi awesome. Location perfect. Bathroom down the hall and only two stalls. Room floors were creaky and annoying. Worth the money.

• 5th Aug 2015

Pros: Best location Cons: some of the staff really don't care about you. Floor board are very creaky so I woke up every time someone walked in the room. Not super clean. You only get one bed sheet so you have to decide if it goes under you or over you. I arrived at 20pm and was told to wait another 20 minutes. Not nice after a 10 hour journey. Wouldn't go back ever. The location is great but the metro system in barca is so good, it doesn't matter.

Bad kitchen for the hostel No nightlife activities organized Breakfast offered only 2 hours Check-out really early

Cool, quirky place in a great location. We had beds that were so high up that it become extremely annoying. The rooms were very poorly ventilated which made us very sick. The kitchen is barely a kitchen, so if you're planning on cooking a decent meal I wouldn't cause the hot plate they provide takes forever. I'm not a fussy traveller at all but I did have problems with this one

One of the better hostels we've stayed at in Barcelona! The ladders to the top bunks are a bit of a death trap but I managed the 2 nights without falling off, and the top bunk cubby style rooms are really cool. Good atmosphere and close to everything, definitely recommend.

One of the best hostel I have been, I stayed on the second floor and the room is very good as well as bed and the air condition (very important), all the staff friendly and helpful. Definitely an atmosphere that helps to make friends. Maybe the kitchen should be better .

The Hostel has an excellent location, a metro station is around the corner and you can reach a lot of things by foot. There is a good atmosphere, the stuff is very helpful. Breakfast isn't more than you would expect, there is a choice of cereals and toast with jam, fresh apples and free drinks. You can decide to take your meal to the roof terrace, a really nice place. Sleep quality was ok, we had a lot of snorer and people checking out in the middle of the night.

The room I stayed in was probably the nicest hostel room I've stayed in, with really high bunks so no banging heads and a curtain round each bed and a light, plug and locker next to each bed, although I noticed not all rooms in the hostel were like this. I never made it to the breakfast during my stay so can't comment, but el born is my favourite barrio in Barcelona so location is perfect!

• 18th Jul 2015

The hostel was in a fantastic location, close to everything and easy access by metro. The only thing that I didn't like were the beds.. we were in a 14 person room and the bunk beds were very high up to get to. We were the only 3 people in the room but we were assigned the top bunk beds

the showers were dity..