Equity Point Gothic Reviews

C/ Vigatans, 5, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Good location, good breakfast, nice staff!

Tks for help, all staffs is amazing people

• 7th Apr 2014

Why no blankets????? It is a very nice hostel apart from providing no blankets (which is ridiculous). I like the dorm very much as you got your own space. For the upper beds you have to climb up a little bit but definitely worth it - it is almost like a ROOM and the privacy is very very nice. Nice breakfast with a variety of fruit. I would love to stay here for longer (if they have blankets).

Very high standards here for security, cleanliness and location! Friendly and helpful staff, and a friendly atmosphere generally. We were really impressed and weren't expecting such high standards from a hostel. Good breakfast supplied every morning, and great kitchen and bathroom facilities! Location also couldn't be better, loads going on around the hostel and a minutes walk from a metro station.

• 31st Mar 2014

The staff were rude and unwelcoming, Wifi NEVER worked and when it did you have to login every 20 minutes. Not enough outlets in rooms, so not everyone can charge their electronics. Floors are so creaky you will always wake up whenever someone moves 1 inch on the floor, worst sleep of my life. The hostel is in a popular area and the windows "close" but you can hear so much noise. You have to pay more then what they advertise for blankets and linen which is dumb. Please don't stay here.

I really enjoyed this place! Great location, comfy beds, delicious breakfast, and a easy place to just chill out if you don't want to be out on the town. Wi-Fi is a little bit of a pain sometimes but I think you can deal. The top bunks are not for the weak or light hearted, they are a bit up there but I like the curtains that make each bed more private. Great value for your money!

Still find it quite odd that a blanket is not included in the price, though this is clear at booking. Location is fantastic. The dorm was nice and well laid out. Wi-fi worked well and all the staff were helpful and friendly.

Nice little private dens in the 16 bed dorm. They ran out of blankets and wanted to charge 2 euro for an extra sheet...

It was really nice our stay in barcelone, the hostel was really clean, with a nice decoration, but sometimes too many rules break the spirit of hostels, you have to ask to play the guitar, you can't be in the rooftop after 20:00h, you can't smoke in the rooftop, there a cameras, you have always to prove with your key that you are actually hosted there...

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Colombia

Friendly staff, rooms pretty warm but slept well.

• 4th Feb 2014

Very good location in nice neighberhood with lots of bars, restaurants and shops in the middel of the centre. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Don't know if there is a lot of group ambience with other guests. Maybe that is because we visited in the low season (januari).

• 27th Jan 2014

Had a great time at this hostel. It is located right on the edge of the old city which makes it a great starting point for backpackers looking to explore Barcelona. The facilities were nice and the rooms were awesome. The beds were lofted and each person had their own little room. It was different than anything I have seen and it was very cool. I met a lot of people there and enjoyed my stay.

Excellent location! It was so easy to find the hostel.I didn't use metro or tram alot.Everything was great.Especially,I am happy about the security.Everybody cannot come in the hostel because you should show your room card.I didn't like the showers.The doors don't close,they are not working anymore :) For all,it was cool to stay this hostel :) I made my choice and now make your choice "Equity point gothic" :)

3 mins away from metro, centre of most of the tourist spot, a big common area, privete lockers, space and light in the room, clean bathroom and common room, extremely nice staff ( I met three staff, all are very friendly), nice breakfast (including pineapple juice, individually-packed biscuits and cake, bread, cereals, apples and orange), The best thing is, it is not expensive at all!

First night the heater wasn't working, I had to sleep with my winter coat. Staff is not very friendly also. When I got there the police was around because I robbery had just happened. But facilities are good, showers are excellent. The beds are very private, with curtains, your own plug and lamp close to it. It's clean also and breakfast is ok. Location is awesome, close to the center and main sightseeings, close to the subway also

Good hostel - I don't think it's right to charge for blankets

Well, everything went smoothly while I was there. The staff was very nice. Next to a metro station. I really enjoyed the privacy you get in the mixed dorms also and the breakfast. :)

I did not have a very pleasant stay at this hostel, due to the fact that my camera (big sony camera), money, and iphone were stolen from my LOCKED locker. Someone used pliers to get rid of mine & other girls locks in order to steal our stuff. I was very disappointed with the fact that no staff member was allowed to look at the camera that showed that room until after a police form was filled out (& a police form was not able to be filled out until right before I left Barcelona).

• 15th Nov 2013

A very good choice, combining good location, facilities, cleanliness, and low prices. Only one minor detail: the breakfast -although clean and good in quantity- could be better (too much water in the milk and coffee).

They gave only one sheet and they took extra money for extra sheet. There is no blanket again they took extra money for blanket. Weather is cold. It's november!