Equity Point Gothic Reviews

C/ Vigatans, 5, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel was fantastic. My room was spacious and I liked the privacy of the curtain and there was just so much room for my things. It had a great location - close to everything you needed. The breakfast included was really good too. Might be better if it was available for longer during the morning perhaps? The only negative thing I have is I didn't really like the showers. They were cleaned frequently but the layout of the shower was awkward for me. Kept nudging the tap all the time!

The staff are ALWAYS very rude, seem to be very unhelpful. When it's time to leave the common area, they start yelling at everyone! The facilities are not the best neither the cleanliness. It's absolutely not worth the price. Although, it's very secure and the location is perfect.

This hostel has ridiculous loft-style bunks which you have to haul your stuff up and down to. Breakfast was basic but good. Good location. No real social atmosphere - probably due to over-the-top strict really unreasonable horrible staff member who is on a massive power trip.

음 . .그냥 잘만했어요 근대 침대가 좀감옥같기는한데 그저그렇게지낼만했어요 나쁜것도없고 좋은것도없고ㅋㅋ

Great place in the Gothic centre of Barcelona. Staff is very kind and the hostel has a cheerful atmosphere. Very close to the metro station and by walk you can reach the Barceloneta beach. It has breakfast included and served in the terrace where you can also play ping-pong. Rooms have small bathrooms without showers that are in common with other room in the same floor. I liked it so much. Also, you receive a gift at the check out.

In fairness I was only there for one night and it was the World Cup final, but there were no organized activities or events scheduled to help facilitate meeting people as it seemed like most people were keeping to themselves dispute my efforts to meet them and be engaging. In truth I was only looking for a place to crash for the night and this hostel satisfied that. If I was looking for a party hostel I could've gone to a Saint Jordi or Kabul or something like that but it served its purpose

Equity point gothic is in the perfect location, they have really spacious rooms and plenty of lockers! I love the terrace too! Overall it was an awesome hostel and we had a great stay

The only thing I would suggest to improve are the bunky beds (that are way too high) and the ventilation in the rooms (it was extremely hot and even with the windows open, it didn't work well, so maybe put some ceiling fan or even AC), but besides that, the hostel has a good location (meters from the metro station), staff is very helpful, facilities (kitchen, chill out area, computers) are good and breakfast is very good.

Very good hostel

First off its really located in a great location right in the heart of the Gothic architecture neighborhood as well as close to La Catedral of Barcelona! There are a lot of extra fees that you might not think you have to pay for. They don't provide locks for lockers, they also don't provide towels. But, for 2 euro you can have both so make sure to bring your own stuff. The rooms were a bit crowded I stayed in a 14 bed mixed room and the air conditioning is spotty so it would get really hot.

liked this place a lot. had private cozy lofts for each person. location was great, 30 seconds from the Jaume I metro, but being in the heart of town it was very noisy all night.

The most horrible hostel I ever lived. Some staff were helpful, others are not and even hostile. I think they intentionally make the water cold to prevent you from taking long showers. I rented a sheet and was told that they will give me the money back, but the guy just refused to do so. The location might be the only advantage, but that's actually not very important as everything in Barcelona is spread out. Not recommended if you don't want to make your trip unpleasant. (Uncompleted review)

We stayed in a 14 bed mixed room and the apartment style was different but really nice to be able to draw the curtain for privacy. Breakfast was really good for complimentary, kitchen facilities were okay. The midnight curfew worked well but could get a bit noisy if you were trying to sleep earlier. Bike rental right across from hostel and a metro a 30 second walk. The one negative is the ladder up to the bed felt like you were walking on nails.

EPG was a great place to stay overall. I cannot think of any specific suggestions for it other than including top sheets for the beds. The crowd there was also great and very accomidating for solo travelers, although that really is just chance.

Staff weren't particularly helpful, but the location was fantastic.

Great location, awesome lobby, but would have liked one organized activities to help us get situated in Barcelona!

Staff is very friendly and the location in amazing. Very close to everything I wanted to see. I will definitely be back!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Nice roof top patio and communal area, about 15min away from the beach and in a good neighborhood! Lots of neat shops and restaurants near by and an easy place to make friends. Offered lockers/bathrooms inside and out of the rooms which was nice. Showers a bit iffy but nothing terrifying .

The staff crew was really awesome! I enjoyed the stay over there. The common toilet wasnt so good, it could be improved.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • India

It's an excellent hostel for those who value their privacy but the hostel didn't facilitate much social interactions with other guests.

« first « Prev 1 2 3