Equity Point Gothic Reviews

C/ Vigatans, 5, Barcelona, Spain

All in all a very nice hostel. The location is excellent, and that is why I think the price is more or less reasonable. There is breakfast included and they even provide you with fruit there! What I do not find ok is that they announce they provide lockers but, in fact, you need to buy (!!!) your own padlock to lock the lockers. I find that really cheeky and unfair.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Austria

I really didn't enjoy my stay in here at all... Though the location is perfect, there is a kitchen and free breakfast, other things just sucked. Staff was really really rude and unhelpful. Atmosphere - there wasn't atmosphere at all. If you want to just sleep and get bored, come here. There was no events or such things to get to know other ppl. Hostel was also a bit dirty, you have to pay for a "blanket" (old, smelly, no duvet cover obv) and a towel. As a bed you get a mattress if u sleep above.

The room I was in was quite hot, despite an AC unit running all night (201). Also, I think there might have been mold growing somewhere due to poor ventilation because the room always smelled and felt damp.

Awesome location. Stayed in the 14 bed dorm which was a little too much, but the curtains over the bunks helped. Unfortunately some other punters decided 5.30am would be a good time for a chat in the dorm... Breakfast was ok, but better than nothing.

Was really lovely, but things like access to the roof after 10pm and wifi on the roof would have been great. The rooms were great but they got really hot at night even with the windows open. These are only suggestions really because despite these, we both really enjoyed our stay in Barcelona.

Great hostel, great location - only thing it was missing was a bit more of a party vib for the evenings.

The hostel was fantastic. My room was spacious and I liked the privacy of the curtain and there was just so much room for my things. It had a great location - close to everything you needed. The breakfast included was really good too. Might be better if it was available for longer during the morning perhaps? The only negative thing I have is I didn't really like the showers. They were cleaned frequently but the layout of the shower was awkward for me. Kept nudging the tap all the time!

The staff are ALWAYS very rude, seem to be very unhelpful. When it's time to leave the common area, they start yelling at everyone! The facilities are not the best neither the cleanliness. It's absolutely not worth the price. Although, it's very secure and the location is perfect.

This hostel has ridiculous loft-style bunks which you have to haul your stuff up and down to. Breakfast was basic but good. Good location. No real social atmosphere - probably due to over-the-top strict really unreasonable horrible staff member who is on a massive power trip.

음 . .그냥 잘만했어요 근대 침대가 좀감옥같기는한데 그저그렇게지낼만했어요 나쁜것도없고 좋은것도없고ㅋㅋ

Great place in the Gothic centre of Barcelona. Staff is very kind and the hostel has a cheerful atmosphere. Very close to the metro station and by walk you can reach the Barceloneta beach. It has breakfast included and served in the terrace where you can also play ping-pong. Rooms have small bathrooms without showers that are in common with other room in the same floor. I liked it so much. Also, you receive a gift at the check out.

In fairness I was only there for one night and it was the World Cup final, but there were no organized activities or events scheduled to help facilitate meeting people as it seemed like most people were keeping to themselves dispute my efforts to meet them and be engaging. In truth I was only looking for a place to crash for the night and this hostel satisfied that. If I was looking for a party hostel I could've gone to a Saint Jordi or Kabul or something like that but it served its purpose

Equity point gothic is in the perfect location, they have really spacious rooms and plenty of lockers! I love the terrace too! Overall it was an awesome hostel and we had a great stay

The guy that worked the night shift was pretty anti-fun and rather impolite. Overall a great hostel though.

The only thing I would suggest to improve are the bunky beds (that are way too high) and the ventilation in the rooms (it was extremely hot and even with the windows open, it didn't work well, so maybe put some ceiling fan or even AC), but besides that, the hostel has a good location (meters from the metro station), staff is very helpful, facilities (kitchen, chill out area, computers) are good and breakfast is very good.

Very good hostel

First off its really located in a great location right in the heart of the Gothic architecture neighborhood as well as close to La Catedral of Barcelona! There are a lot of extra fees that you might not think you have to pay for. They don't provide locks for lockers, they also don't provide towels. But, for 2 euro you can have both so make sure to bring your own stuff. The rooms were a bit crowded I stayed in a 14 bed mixed room and the air conditioning is spotty so it would get really hot.

liked this place a lot. had private cozy lofts for each person. location was great, 30 seconds from the Jaume I metro, but being in the heart of town it was very noisy all night.

The most horrible hostel I ever lived. Some staff were helpful, others are not and even hostile. I think they intentionally make the water cold to prevent you from taking long showers. I rented a sheet and was told that they will give me the money back, but the guy just refused to do so. The location might be the only advantage, but that's actually not very important as everything in Barcelona is spread out. Not recommended if you don't want to make your trip unpleasant. (Uncompleted review)

We stayed in a 14 bed mixed room and the apartment style was different but really nice to be able to draw the curtain for privacy. Breakfast was really good for complimentary, kitchen facilities were okay. The midnight curfew worked well but could get a bit noisy if you were trying to sleep earlier. Bike rental right across from hostel and a metro a 30 second walk. The one negative is the ladder up to the bed felt like you were walking on nails.