Equity Point Gothic Reviews

C/ Vigatans, 5, Barcelona, Spain

Don't expect to sleep a lot in this hostel. After 6:00 am all you hear is people moving and throwing stuff since there's 14 in the room. In addition outside of the hostel garbage trucks, workers and many other things make so much noise that make it impossible to sleep. Location is perfect, facilities are very good. Staff is nice.

I loved the layout of the rooms, it was great to feel like I had some privacy despite being in a 14 bed dorm, however, there wasn't much of an atmosphere in the hostel, staff do not really interact with guests and it felt more like a hotel, as a solo traveller. However, it seems perfect for people traveling in groups or with someone else. The location is great and the hostel was always clean.

Great place. Breakfast is always a plus, wifi worked well, awesome location. Almost everything is walking distance & La Rambla is two blocks away!! Had a blast here. The one thing they didn't tell us was that some of the beds in the giant rooms are literally RIGHT NEXT to each other. I was with my sister so it was fine but might be interesting if solo ! Lol

The hostel is located in a great area, quaint streets, 2 min from the metro, 15-20 min walk to beach, 10-15 min from la rambla. Breakfast included which is a win. Nothing fancy but practical, rooms can get hot especially if it's a warm day/evening. Dorms have own light, plug and locker, but you need to bring a padlock! There is free wifi which is always helpful when traveling. Staff are helpful and give some good tips! Only down side is common area lacks a bit of atmosphere and furniture.

showers were dirty. staff was really unfriendly!!!!! We did not get our deposit back of 30 euro

• 11th Jun 2015

I heard somebody stole a laptop and a cell phone so I locked my stuff everyday. you have to pay for laundry( the washing machine, the dryer and the powder) The floor sounds everytime you walk and sleep in a 14 beds room is not so easy but you have to accept it if you want to pay less. Besides that it was good, good breakfast, location and stuff

So much noise...

Overall the place was good for the money you pay and for a hostel. It was good that they check key cards whenever peole enter, considering one of my roommates got her macbook stolen out of her locker one night she was staying there previously. The bathrooms could've been cleaned more often, but considering the amount of people sharing it that would be expected. Great location & staff was helpful & friendly. Kind of reminded me of college living in dorms, but not in a bad way.

This hostel needs some renovations, a lot of the men's bathroom have oxidizing metal. It's not just one shower but all, well at least on the first floor. I stayed for two nights in a bunk bed , there was a water tube of some sort above my head. Clearly it hasn't been cleaned in years, I really had a hard time sleeping the first night as I had trouble breathing because of the incredible amount of dust accumulated. Secondly, the pillow provided wasn't even a pillow but a literally a ball of cloth

Decent hostel in ideal location not too far from beach and La Rambla. The bedroom was really cool with big high bunk beds and felt there was good privacy with curtains on the beds and storage lockers for each person. The kitchen was very basic but the free breakfast was great with selections of toast and cereal and cakes. Wifi also worked well. The bathroom wasn't that great but was always hot water. We met some fun people while we were there as well. Overall would recommend.

Not a great sleeping environment, people came in at all hours turning on the lights.

• 27th May 2015

Pros: great location, friendly staff, decent breakfast, crazy cool beds with platforms, individual lockers and chargers beside the beds. Cons: there is potential for a really cool atmosphere but there is nothing organised. A pub crawl would have been awesome or just something to get people talking to each other. Use the rooftop for something!

Only issue I had was the floors were very squeaky. Felt bad walking around the room early in the morning or later in the night

I am ok with this hostel. The location is great, but I've only met recent university graduates who care for nothing but party. The sleeping space is terrible, I thought of comparing it to the slum. There is one tiny window. However, you probably won't spend much time inside anyway. I wouldn't recommend this hostel

It was a fine experience overall; however, a woman and I in my room had our phone and laptop stolen. Be sure to lock up your things anytime you are not around. There is nothing that staff can do.

• 25th May 2015

Excelent location, in the downtown. Good breakfast and the rooms very innovative. Good fair price, it worth it.

I stayed here 3 days and I enjoyed the facilities of this place, breakfast was nice, and each bunk has its own "cubical" space with a curtain, light, and locker which was really nice. I didn't find a big sense of community here as most people were there in groups but I loved the location (a short walk from almost everywhere) and would stay there again.

Good location directly next to a metro stop, but that´s the only good thing about it. Place smells like an indoor pool and moth balls, showers are dingy. Kitchen isn´t so much a kitchen as a closet with a burner. Staff didn´t really care much to help me out with reccomendations. Room was right on the alley and the windows didn´t close, so I didn´t sleep at all with the noise. Very cold place, no blankets. They DO sell power converters tho which is nice. Breakfast is stale, but standard.

The rooms had good airflow. I didn't like how more linens beyond the sheet were extra but I did like the delicious and filling breakfast that was included. Interesting atmosphere.

Great location, fantastic and friendly receptionists!

• 13th May 2015