Equity Point Gothic Reviews

C/ Vigatans, 5, Barcelona, Spain

Decent hostel in ideal location not too far from beach and La Rambla. The bedroom was really cool with big high bunk beds and felt there was good privacy with curtains on the beds and storage lockers for each person. The kitchen was very basic but the free breakfast was great with selections of toast and cereal and cakes. Wifi also worked well. The bathroom wasn't that great but was always hot water. We met some fun people while we were there as well. Overall would recommend.

Not a great sleeping environment, people came in at all hours turning on the lights.

• 27th May 2015

Pros: great location, friendly staff, decent breakfast, crazy cool beds with platforms, individual lockers and chargers beside the beds. Cons: there is potential for a really cool atmosphere but there is nothing organised. A pub crawl would have been awesome or just something to get people talking to each other. Use the rooftop for something!

Only issue I had was the floors were very squeaky. Felt bad walking around the room early in the morning or later in the night

I am ok with this hostel. The location is great, but I've only met recent university graduates who care for nothing but party. The sleeping space is terrible, I thought of comparing it to the slum. There is one tiny window. However, you probably won't spend much time inside anyway. I wouldn't recommend this hostel

It was a fine experience overall; however, a woman and I in my room had our phone and laptop stolen. Be sure to lock up your things anytime you are not around. There is nothing that staff can do.

• 25th May 2015

Excelent location, in the downtown. Good breakfast and the rooms very innovative. Good fair price, it worth it.

I stayed here 3 days and I enjoyed the facilities of this place, breakfast was nice, and each bunk has its own "cubical" space with a curtain, light, and locker which was really nice. I didn't find a big sense of community here as most people were there in groups but I loved the location (a short walk from almost everywhere) and would stay there again.

Good location directly next to a metro stop, but that´s the only good thing about it. Place smells like an indoor pool and moth balls, showers are dingy. Kitchen isn´t so much a kitchen as a closet with a burner. Staff didn´t really care much to help me out with reccomendations. Room was right on the alley and the windows didn´t close, so I didn´t sleep at all with the noise. Very cold place, no blankets. They DO sell power converters tho which is nice. Breakfast is stale, but standard.

The rooms had good airflow. I didn't like how more linens beyond the sheet were extra but I did like the delicious and filling breakfast that was included. Interesting atmosphere.

Great location, fantastic and friendly receptionists!

• 13th May 2015

The kitchen shouldn't be considered a kitchen, more like a closet! Two hot plates, that's pretty much it. If you want to make your own food at dinner time, forget about it. As for the 'dorm' we were in... Lights automatically go off after 3 minutes, when trying to pack your bag it's awful. There's a gap in between the beds, floor and the bottom 'bunk'. A bunch of my stuff fell below to the sleeping guys room below me and I had to sneak through his stuff to find my chargers.

• 13th May 2015

Not a great place.

A very nice hostel, well located and a good and helpful staff. One of the best hostel's breakfast in Barcelona

• 7th May 2015
  • Algeria

No stove and the baggage room is a joke. They give you the key and don't monitor it. Why even have a key? Overall would recommend.

The staff was very good! The bed are comfortable and spacious! the hostel are very clean. The break fast are completely. In resuming, it's a very good hostel!! I recommend!!

Very warm staff ,Excellent location,multicultural people and most importantly cheap what else one could ask for!

• 18th Apr 2015
  • India

Great location with friendly staff. Staff cleaned hostel consistently while we were there. Kitchen is a little small. Not a bad price

Good location , friendly staff. I do like the design of their big mix dorm, very smart !

It was a little frusterating that you are literally only provided with one bottom sheet on the bed. You have to pay an additional fee for towels and another sheet and blanket. BUT it could not be in a better location. Its in the most beautiful part of the city close to the harbor, el Born, the gothic neighborhood and so many amazing sights. Overall I would reccomend it!

• 17th Apr 2015