Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

Patient staff, particularly Francisco (hope I spelt it correctly) who really tries to make sure the guest's stay is comfortable. Housekeeping sheets /linen always fresh and clean and the bed was left tidy and well presented. The bath mats in the bathrooms do tend to get wet and soggy, but that is due to the guests not the staff. Maybe a refreshing clean mat at shorter intervals may help

Good location, close to the tube. Very quiet and everything all right. Good breakfast also!

Great staff, Michael was very helpful, as was the housekeeping supervisor, who has always been great on all my visits, keen to help guests with any issues even though she may be busy. Only gripe is that the baths in the bathrooms are looking very tatty.

Maybe one of the best hostels i've been too. Very clean and friendly staff, the free breakfast is excellent with lots of choice. The only letdown is the wifi, how you can only access it in the common rooms unless you pay for the 'premium'. Nevertheless I would happily come back in the future.

Can't get on wifi in the actual rooms without paying for a 'premium service' and the breakfast was extremely crowded. Other than that the hostel was good and the staff were quite friendly.

Everything very good I just had one issue with the shower because the red was cold and blue was hot, thats the only thing. Everything else, very good!

Great value for money in a fantastic location. Fantastic staff. Bed was surprisingly comfy (although I would have preferred a bit more of a barrier and a ladder in a top bunk!) and breakfast was good. However the bathrooms weren't very clean.

• 18th Dec 2015

Had a fine stay. The bed was comfy and the room, while small, covered all the essentials. Tea and coffee in the room was a nice touch. Shower though was very small and temperamental and it was easy to flood the bathroom. But was a decent place overall. It was also nice and close to the station.

Great location!

I thought the place seemed like a good value, but then I arrived and was nickel-and-dimed for everything -- to pay by credit card, to pay for a lock for the locker, for a room key, etc. I was particularly disappointed by the lockers -- they don't close all the way, even with a padlock (that I paid them three pounds for). There's a gap of a few inches that you could fit a hand through -- definitely doesn't seem secure! In addition, the rooms were super cramped, making it hard to walk through.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Very good place to stay!!! Great location, nice staff, friendly atmosphere, very clean, great facilities!!! Will stay again!!!

Good location, friendly stuff

• 1st Dec 2015
  • Moldova

Similar to previous times I was there. The lift was out when I arrived so they put me on the ground floor! Thank you! Room was fine except for the mold on the inside of the shower curtain you don't notice until you're ready to take a shower. Not charged for having a ticket printed at the front desk. Will return again, at some point.

Iv'e been traveling the world for a few years now & have stayed in numerous places. At Equity Point, rooms were cramped & difficult to maneuver around. But the most disgusting was the ensuite bathroom. Not only was it impossibly tiny, there was no ventilation (no window or fan) so the bathroom was absolutely foul - moisture & mildew everywhere, & a terrible stench coming up through the pipes.

Our shower had not been cleaned in our room as there was hairs in it. Also this hostel does not have a kitchen area where one can cook their own meal. We had to use the microwave at the snack bar. The Wifi was not reliable however for 3 pounds, it could be upgraded. Lots of little charges for extras. We did not encounter this at the other hostels we stayed at. I did not think that this hostel was accurately represented on the website.

I enjoyed my stay there. It just a short walk from Paddington Subway / train station and the Hyde Park isn't far either. Staff is very friendly and was speaking a lot with guest. The Atmosphere was mainly relaxed and comfy. When I entered my room I felt almost like in a hotel - despite the 4 bunk beds ;). Each bed had an own lamp and a big locker. The room was clean, only the en-suite bathroom was a bit mouldy... but that's the only thing I didn't like during my stay. Great breakfast!

This is a very well located hostel and beautifully run. Staff were kind and helpful especially the chap from Madrid who went out of his way to make us feel welcome. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone. Simples!

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Spain
  • Mixed Group, 41+

the first night I walked in someone was sleeping in my assigned bed. So I kept quiet and just took an empty clean bed. The next day I left to explore and came home to a new person in the open bed I had to chose the night before so once again I moved my stuff to a different open bed in the room. After I got home later that night my stuff had been moved randomly and someone was sleeping in that bed. There were no clean beds and the staff made me make my own bed if I wanted a clean one

• 5th Oct 2015

This was a nice hostel to stay in with a nice atmosphere, friendly staff and felt secure. The location was great, not too central but not too far away from the good attractions and the tube. Would recommend this hostel for a relaxed weekend.

• 2nd Oct 2015

it would be nice yo have a laundry service. fast internet at payment is not very nice.

• 25th Sep 2015