Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

Strange atmosphere, no kitchen!

Just far from the center of town.

Still charging far too much more than competitors for similar bunks. More than double the price in some cases. If they have large group bookings they seem to hike up the price. If there prices were fairer/cheaper this would be the best hands down, as always good staff and generally clean. Bathrooms are in poor condition in some rooms, and bathmats on floor are wet and useless in minutes on first use..

I've stayed at this jostel before and it was great. Reason why I chose to stay here again. This time, however, we had problems with the room beeing too hot, making it impossible to sleep or stay at the room. When we told the staff, they would say thinh like "it's just london, get use to it". The thing was, "just london" at night was 20°C and in ou room ot was like 35°C!! The windows wouldn't open (safety reasons) and the staff didn't do anything to help to improve the situation.

The location in Paddington was superb and the staff were very helpful and kind. The price was decent, however the room temperature is my biggest complaint as it was so hot especially at night that it made it really difficult to sleep and uncomfortable. Simple solutions like have fans for rent could make the difference as I have a feeling lots of people when we stay were unhappy with the room temperature.

• 12th Jul 2015

The location is pretty good, the staff is great but it didn`t look so clean. The bathroom ceiling was falling apart and I am pretty sure I got bitten by fleas!!

All hostels I stayed at in London are totally overpriced. This one is particularly bad. Staff was not very nice and there were never enough people at the reception. I always had to wait 5-20 min, no matter which time of day I needed something. The female dorm room I stayed in had one toilet with shower. That bathroom was not clean at all! The only good thing I can say is that the location was quiet good, but probably also the reason for the massive overpricing.

It was a great place to stay. I'm really glad I found it while I was in London. Will definitely look at an Equity Point for future hostels. My only complaint was the number of children running around the hostel.

Parties of kids spoiled the atmosphere somewhat. They took up too much space in certain situations. The breakfast situation was almost the same. It felt a bit like 'casey's court.' The staff could have organized the bed allocation more efficiently. Being booked the wrong bed, I found I was locked out of my room at one stage. However, not too bad, considering it is a London hostel.

Location is good too. Located in a quiet neighborhood and seems to be safe. The staff served up a very comfortable kind. Very good.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

This hostel excelled in all the aspects I seek. I stay at hostels to get a good rest, clean my self up, have a safe place to leave my belongings, receive good, accurate information about the area from the staff, be close to transit, and have a dining area so I don't have to eat out . Equity Point London excelled in all my requirements. Of note was that the bed and linens were very comfortable and the room was suitably dark and quiet ( the roomies who were so sweet!). I had a fantastic sleep.

Really nice place and nice staff! Will be back when I am in London again

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

The hostel was nice and clean while the staff and continental breakfasts were awesome as well. The only thing that I didn't like was that they charge to use the computers in the lobby and wifi in the rooms. Other than those two things, I really enjoyed the hostel.

• 25th Jun 2015

Unfortunately the bed i was sleeping in was not very stable. When i wanted to go up on my bed, the whole bed was shaking and i was afraid to waken up my dorm mate I didn't like the light of the bathroom which only turned off when i was closing the door. After 5 people taking a shower, it was more than sticky inside & i couldn't let the moisture get out of the bathroom. The mirror was too small. The hostel was for the price & London ok, but i've been to better ones around the world.

• 25th Jun 2015

Nice people, nice location, but the hostel is horribly noisy, especially the corridors

Overall a great hostel to stay at. My only suggestion would be to improve the check-in process so that it does not take so long per person. If there is no rush, it is fine, but if there is a queue it seems to take a very long time to get everyone through.

The location was great and really convenient! however I found that it was really humid and stuffy in the hostel. apart from that great stay and the staff was very helpful!

• 24th Jun 2015

great place to stay for a few nights in london. staff were helpful and the location is brilliant.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location and value for money. The staff were friendly and helpful and speak many languages. The lugage room is spacious and secure. The bunkbeds are basic and a little uncomfy, but as expected for a budget hostel. There was an ensuite bathroom which was handy as we only had to share the guests in the room. The breakfast was quite basic - toast and cereal and tea,coffee or juice. There is a common room and a library and PCs available. Very happy with this hostel.

• 20th Jun 2015

good location . but no kitchen which is inconvenient for longer stay. Great breakfast. cleanliness is soso.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5