Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

One review I read before stating the staff were beautiful - well they really are. Not only in looks but in attitude. Spanish/Uruagian female staff members were terrific. I noticed the off duty staff even helped me with my queries - that is a rarity in the hotel industry. I hope the owners look after the staff, because the staff are really looking after the owner's interests. Sheets were clean, lockers a fair size. Rooms clean and tidy. Reception 24 hours. Not a cheap, smelly hostel. Great buzz.

• 22nd Feb 2015

I would definitely stay at this hostel again. The staffs were nice and friendly. I talked to one of them and she seemed to know most of the guests. The breakfast was kinda boring but overall it was worth the money I paid for

Room number 13 on first floor is used by staff so can be quite noisy. The toilet is within the room which I personally did not like but may not be a problem for others. Clean bedding. However for 10 quid a night 5 min from Paddington I can't really complain very much.

Clean and tidy, everything looked new. Staff were young, beautiful and helpful. Nice safe feeling area, although a little out of the centre.

• 14th Feb 2015

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOSTEL. It seems that as soon as you walk into its rooms you find yourself back in the 80s, everything looks and smells as if it hasn't been cleaned since. They have no kitchen, no quiet area, no clean toilets, no computer-free access and no lift to the "new" building. Location isn't bad though, but I'd rather walk miles to get to Hyde Park than stay there again.

The hostel was great value for money, the rooms were sufficient, the beds comfortable and warm. All of the beds came with their own lights, power outlets and spacious lockers. There was also a free breakfast. Although alcohol is allowed until midnight in the rooms, it was not a party hostel and it was very quiet at night. However, the bathroom flooded with each shower. The bathroom did not have any hooks to hang clothes or towels on, and it also did not have a hygiene bin.

Could do a Little bit more for the money you pay or as alternative to reduce the money you pay per day for the same conditions.I think that the right price for a bed per day is £ 12.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Romania

Value for money is on point The staff are very nice and helpful. Beds are not super comfy however I do think it's great overall for the money :)

• 8th Feb 2015

The room was more expensive for being a double room with a private bathroom but the bathroom was so small it was hard to take a shower. The water was also unbalanced between cold and hot. It changed temperatures during my bath from warm to scalding without me touching anything. The bathroom and room was also no clean. It was midnight and I could hear people screaming outaide my door. There was no security and since the wifi worked only on reception there wasn't much place to sit there.

• 7th Feb 2015

You get what you pay for ... Which isn't much! The rooms are not very clean. I had a misunderstanding and ended up in the wrong bed, so one day found all my stuff missing. Thankfully the staff had kept it all but the bed numbers need to be more clear (the 3 can be mistaken for a 5..). The bathroom was disgusting, and the shower you had to keep pressing a button if you wanted water. Only good thing about this hostel was the hearty breakfast and friendly staff. Good location too. Easy to find

Dirty, old, crappy

• 30th Jan 2015

As far as London hostels go, this is reasonably good value for money. Not the most attractive of interiors but not too bad, and the breakfast was pretty good.

Loved it. Keep it up.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • India

패딩턴역에서 가깝고 도착하기쉽다 하지만 가격이저렴하다보니 관광객이아닌 일자리를 구하려는 외국인친구들로 가득하다 그래서 그런지 아침에 홀로 불을 켜거나 드라이기를 써볼수도없었다 조식은 빵과 씨리얼이었고 깨끗하긴했다 하지만 다시가라면 다른 호스텔도 이용해보고싶다

as my second time in Equity and again I had a great experience.My next time in London I sure will stay there again. Traveled alone, the neighborhood it's very safe. I back late night and I haven't any problems.The only thing a little bad is that it has not space for cooking but has a microwave that you can heat up your food. It is much more practical. There are Mcdonald's, Burger King, KFC, Indian and Asians restaurantes all close.And still have Tesco +or - close. Paddington Station too.

• 13th Jan 2015

The Equity Point I stayed in in Lisbon was much nicer, but for it being in London and cheaper than most other hostels, it was a pretty good deal. Unfortunately while I was there, there was a school group that was ridiculously loud. As a frequent traveler I always bring earplugs so it wasn't too much of a problem.

The hostel is excellent and very easy to find. I really enjoyed stay there mostly because the location and the staffs. The staff are really helpful and friendly, there is Brazilian working there (yay Brazilian as well) and other staffs that helped us to book a cab to the airport and order pizza and other stuffs. Thus, I recommend it for sure, but one thing they could improve is their showers, they use that one that you need to push after a while and the water was either too hot or too cold.

I was very uncomfortable here. I stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm with my brother, (we are 21 & 22) and the rest of the guys in our room were in their 40's. I was on the bottom bunk and it looked as though the board underneath the mattress had never been cleaned. There was hair and dust. The carpet was super dirty and looked like it was rarely vacuumed. The bathroom was okay at best. Door inside the bathroom looked like something had splattered all over and not been cleaned. Won't stay here again.

Very welcoming staff, comfortable bed. Nice breakfast.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel is good but the staff was great.

• 2nd Jan 2015