Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

It 'S a nice place and was a nice surprise to find that there's a lift to go to the floors with bags. Unfortunately There's no kitcken, neither a boiler to be used to make a cup of tea by your self, if you want you can buy it at the reception or at the bar of the hotel.

This hostel charges a lot for wifi, and for a padlock to lock your luggage away. The staff were rude and not efficient. I waited half an hour until I was checked in and the woman who checked me in was very unprofessional and kept swearing. I understand she was busy, but there was two members of staff working. The bathroom was filthy, and tiny... but the whole experience was rubbish.

• 22nd Aug 2014

We received a free tea since our room was not ready on time - staff are very friendly and helpful!! The street outside the hostel (which is in a good location) is rather busy and thus it's pretty loud even at night. Plus the bathroom's van didn't work, so it was a little mouldy everywhere. However, we enjoyed our stay and the great breakfast! Ps: Free wifi would be grand!

Fantastic place to stay. The only problem I had with it was no kitchen facilities. They do provide breakfast but if you like to cook for yourself I'd suggest staying elsewhere. I had to eat out every day, or buy stuff that could be eaten cold. Which ended up costing quite a bit. I would have liked to be able to even microwave something.

- -: bedbugs! -: very small bathroom, could have been better cleaned +: but bathroom in the room ++: nice breakfast room with great breakfast

No kitchen no microwave to use. I had the sensation that if I breath inside I need to pay for it. Wifi you must to pay and it's expensive, the first hostel I've seen that you need to pay for the wifi.. And a room for 8 people en-suite, it's quite bad idea.. in a room very small, you cannot open your bagages.. there is no space suficient. Staff were ok. Location pretty good too.

Did not sleep much - rather noisy fellow guests,moving bedsprings, slamming of doors, lift sounds etc. Good breakfast and very nice to be able to get a cup of tea late at night. Was surprised I had to BUY a lock instead of renting one. My sister had booked a 4 bed female dorm (which had been confirmed) but had to pay extra for it on arrival because her booking had somehow changed to a mixed dorm and she did not want that.

• 14th Aug 2014

Pros: The staff was great. Very helpful Cons: Only one bathroom for 8 people. The room cleaning was poor. No free wifi or internet.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Recommended hostel to stay, this was my second time. Breakfast is good. A negative point is that they charged for Wi-Fi.

The hostel itself was nice and clean with a great location. However, staff members were reluctant to help us, being generally rude and incompetent and thus creating an unwelcoming and bitter environment within the Hostel.

• 7th Aug 2014

Good hostel, nice staff who like to have a chat. Not very luxurious, but clean and good beds. It isn't a hostel where you meet people easily at the bar, which is a pitty. There are two subwatstations nearby with which you can go to the center of the city rather fast: even Londen has some (!) pubs ;).

• 6th Aug 2014

I will not visit there again in my life. Stupid staff

Nice hostel within 10 minutes walk of Paddington Station. Really friendly and helpful staff, reception open 24/7, perhaps a little outdated cafe/common room area downstairs (also closes by 10 or 11pm), can bring own alcohol in (but not in dorms), off the main street so very peaceful at night, bathrooms very small. Nice atmosphere and okay breakfast (basics).

This hostel was OK.There was a massive school group staying who were obviously causing problems. They didn't really bother me but I could tell the staff weren't trained to deal with this type of thing. The bathroom in my room was quite dirty but the rest of the place seemed clean enough as I was only staying for one night. This I probably the best you can get for this price in this area. If you want cleaner and better staff, you need to pay a bit more. Welcome to L

I was here only for one night, since I screwed up my bookings with another hostel. Overall, this hostel was okay. I would recommend it to a couple or older folk or to a family, but not to a young solo traveller. The atmosphere wasn't that great, and you had people of all ages staying at the hostel. One guy in my room appeared to be between housing situations. In short, it's good if you're looking for a place to crash. But I didn't find it to be a place to party or socialize.

Nice building at a quiet location, with a nice cafe serving free breakfast, which helps before travelling closely to the City the next day.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Had i not been at Bayswater hostel, I would have rated Equity Point excellent for location too. Overall a good experience but the problem is this hostel is located in a expensive neighbourhood. There are not many eating joints around the place.

Good stay overall close to Paddington station, Hyde park and Kensington gardens. Only issue really was I think they need fans for some airflow. The windows don't open enough to let air through and this makes it feel a lot warmer than it actually is.

10 mins walk from Paddington its convenient if arriving at Heathrow, hostel offers free breakfast but no free wifi and additional charge for credit card payment.....room is super tiny and not clean especially for carpet, bad ventilation, other hostelmates said they are not allowed to open window in their rooms due to security reason, it would be better if there are fans.....if you dun mind staying away from city centre such as greenwich, you can stay in a nice hotel at similar price

Staff very friendly and helpful. My room was near the lift and you could hear a loud bang every time it reached a floor. Made it difficult to sleep before an early flight.

• 16th Jul 2014