Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

EquityPoint in London is a great accommodation. The stuff is friendly and helpful, the bed is comfortable and the hostel is located close to to Hyde Park. It is central, but also quiet. All you can eat breakfast. It was a great stay there.

Beds were comfy, staff were helpful

• New Zealand

One of the best hostel I have ever stayed

• Romania

I was charged extra for everything as soon as entered the hostel. Nowhere secure to store my valuables. Wifi did not work and had to pay to use their computers. My bed was right next to the lift which creaked very loudly all night. Would not stay here again. An awful experience.

• 17th Apr 2015

I enjoyed staying here - especially the common room - it's a huge space with TV screens and lots of chairs and tables. Breakfast is great too with lots of drinks and jams/cheeses to choose from. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of bathrooms outside of the dorms. I was in a dorm with an ensuite bathroom and at peaks times you'd have to wait to use it. I also didn't like all the clutter (shampoo, shower gel, razors) in the bathroom. It left no space for me to put my toiletries down.

Smiling and welcoming staff upon arrival, great choice at breakfast, quiet at night, comfy beds. Thank you!

Watch out for high price changes! Prices changed at whim lately to much more than double - bad - I am a regular-used to have consistent pricing. NOT the cheapest, but steady. Now a Sunday night has gone from £10/13-ish to a whopping £23/£27 -a ridiculous increase! These are only for shared room hostel bunks - usual travellers on a tight budget - shame on you Equity Point! I thought they really cared, but this is not the high end catering for high price hikes! Staff were excellent as always

I stayed here over Easter for a weekend away to catch up with friends. Didn't spend much time there but it had a good vibe, the breakfast was good, and the rooms warm and able to be aired. The bathrooms needed updating but are fully functional. Can't complain about my stay!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

The location of this hostel is excellent. I was in for a weekend trip and it was incredibly easy for me to get from Heathrow to the hostel in Paddington as all I had to do was take the Heathrow Express. The ride was a painless 20 min. The area is really safe and I liked that they had stores selling souvenirs in the vicinity for very reasonable prices. It was very easy for me to get around the city because of the location. The building is quite old though and so were some of the fixtures.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Nice hostel, good location. Near to the most important objects. Next to the metro station and Big-bus. A nice atmosphere in the hostel, good service. I've been here 3 time already.

1. Poor services 2. Not reasonable extra charge 3. Fire alarm at night, friends and I smelt the smoke for sure, but no one explained what had happened and simply asked us to go back home

I love my stay there. The breakfast is the best i ever had in any hostel. The beds and rooms are clean and modern. The only downside- no water kettle available for guests to use, need to wait for staff to boil them for you plus no access to the kitchen for cooking, so no cooked dinner to save your travelling budget.

Nice stay, thanks

• 29th Mar 2015

I stayed with my family on the 3 bed family room and it was amazing. The room is good, the beds are awesome and the employees are happy to talk and help you.

An excerpt from the review I wrote on TripAdvisor: Staff are, as mentioned in other reviews, friendly and cheerful. However, when something extraordinary happens, they struggle: I mixed up beds in the dormitory (mainly because somebody else was in the bed I should have been i

• 27th Mar 2015

Since I stayed in the Hostel I was always been moving from room and bed because Hostel needs to receive schools people and demand to move everyday to do them business. Although if you extend you re more like to move again since they rent your bed even if you re in. If you complaint they ask you to go...incredible, and no respect from management! I felt like rubbish because the manager believes who is like to rent there is nobody in life or in him career...the reception manager is rude .

This hostel could not be in a better location, just a couple blocks from Paddington station and Hyde Park. Building had 24/7 reception, so it felt quite secure, and there was even a small library in the main floor common area. All you can eat breakfast was also included in the cost if your stay Hostel did not have a kitchen like the other Equity Point hostels I have stayed at. There also appeared to be black mold on the roof of the bathroom in both rooms I stayed in.

The 8-bed female dorm was fine, but the photos online were deceiving: once everyone's bags and personal belongings are in the room, the space is much more cramped than the photo seemed. The ensuite bathroom was very small and had bad ventilation so after someone took a hot shower, it was extremely steamy and hard to do makeup or clean up. The luggage lockers in the room also didn't include padlocks, but they sell them at the front desk for £3.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Great staff - always attentative to your needs. Gabriella and Julia (as always) really hardworking and welcoming. 3rd or 4th stay now - and still chose this over another hostel as you know what you going to get at Equity. Not failed me yet. Not the cheapest in its class, but the breakfast is really good and better than the usual budget stuff.

Perfect. I stayed in a female dorm, it was clean and safe.

• 19th Mar 2015