Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

- -: bedbugs! -: very small bathroom, could have been better cleaned +: but bathroom in the room ++: nice breakfast room with great breakfast

No kitchen no microwave to use. I had the sensation that if I breath inside I need to pay for it. Wifi you must to pay and it's expensive, the first hostel I've seen that you need to pay for the wifi.. And a room for 8 people en-suite, it's quite bad idea.. in a room very small, you cannot open your bagages.. there is no space suficient. Staff were ok. Location pretty good too.

Did not sleep much - rather noisy fellow guests,moving bedsprings, slamming of doors, lift sounds etc. Good breakfast and very nice to be able to get a cup of tea late at night. Was surprised I had to BUY a lock instead of renting one. My sister had booked a 4 bed female dorm (which had been confirmed) but had to pay extra for it on arrival because her booking had somehow changed to a mixed dorm and she did not want that.

• 14th Aug 2014

Recommended hostel to stay, this was my second time. Breakfast is good. A negative point is that they charged for Wi-Fi.

The hostel itself was nice and clean with a great location. However, staff members were reluctant to help us, being generally rude and incompetent and thus creating an unwelcoming and bitter environment within the Hostel.

• 7th Aug 2014

Good hostel, nice staff who like to have a chat. Not very luxurious, but clean and good beds. It isn't a hostel where you meet people easily at the bar, which is a pitty. There are two subwatstations nearby with which you can go to the center of the city rather fast: even Londen has some (!) pubs ;).

• 6th Aug 2014

I will not visit there again in my life. Stupid staff

Nice hostel within 10 minutes walk of Paddington Station. Really friendly and helpful staff, reception open 24/7, perhaps a little outdated cafe/common room area downstairs (also closes by 10 or 11pm), can bring own alcohol in (but not in dorms), off the main street so very peaceful at night, bathrooms very small. Nice atmosphere and okay breakfast (basics).

This hostel was OK.There was a massive school group staying who were obviously causing problems. They didn't really bother me but I could tell the staff weren't trained to deal with this type of thing. The bathroom in my room was quite dirty but the rest of the place seemed clean enough as I was only staying for one night. This I probably the best you can get for this price in this area. If you want cleaner and better staff, you need to pay a bit more. Welcome to L

I was here only for one night, since I screwed up my bookings with another hostel. Overall, this hostel was okay. I would recommend it to a couple or older folk or to a family, but not to a young solo traveller. The atmosphere wasn't that great, and you had people of all ages staying at the hostel. One guy in my room appeared to be between housing situations. In short, it's good if you're looking for a place to crash. But I didn't find it to be a place to party or socialize.

Nice building at a quiet location, with a nice cafe serving free breakfast, which helps before travelling closely to the City the next day.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Had i not been at Bayswater hostel, I would have rated Equity Point excellent for location too. Overall a good experience but the problem is this hostel is located in a expensive neighbourhood. There are not many eating joints around the place.

Good stay overall close to Paddington station, Hyde park and Kensington gardens. Only issue really was I think they need fans for some airflow. The windows don't open enough to let air through and this makes it feel a lot warmer than it actually is.

10 mins walk from Paddington its convenient if arriving at Heathrow, hostel offers free breakfast but no free wifi and additional charge for credit card payment.....room is super tiny and not clean especially for carpet, bad ventilation, other hostelmates said they are not allowed to open window in their rooms due to security reason, it would be better if there are fans.....if you dun mind staying away from city centre such as greenwich, you can stay in a nice hotel at similar price

Staff very friendly and helpful. My room was near the lift and you could hear a loud bang every time it reached a floor. Made it difficult to sleep before an early flight.

• 16th Jul 2014

I flew in/out from Heathrow so this location was perfect. Less than a 10 minute walk to Paddington. Nice quiet area, yet lots of stuff to see nearby. (Highly recommend a walk over towards the portobello markets). My largest complain is the youth groups. I was their 3 nights, and each night a new group came in(10-14 year olds). Got very frustrating being woken up by kids running to breakfast every morning. Lockers fit my whole pack, that was awesome. Wifi speed is poor. Overall, good!

• 9th Jul 2014

Vi bodde i ett rum som låg i trapphuset, mycket lyhört. Passar ungdom bättre!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Apart from the fact that you need to pay for the wi-fi, all is well. Clean rooms, comfy beds, linens included, good enough lockers, nice breakfast. If only they provided free wi-fi, this would be just perfect.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

I had reserved a 4-bed dorm, but they put me in 6-bed instead - they were apologetic about it, but still a bit disappointing. The real problem was that there were a bunch of party animals in my room, drinking and smoking all night long, and generally making the room filthy. I guess I could have reported them, but then I"m supposed to keep sharing a room with them after I got them in trouble? Kind of a difficult position to be in.

Great location, and a safe area to stay in. The rooms were small with lots of beds crammed into a small space. The breakfast was nice. There was a security guard outside at night which made me feel safe. I have recommended to a friend already!

• 5th Jul 2014