Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

This hostel could not be in a better location, just a couple blocks from Paddington station and Hyde Park. Building had 24/7 reception, so it felt quite secure, and there was even a small library in the main floor common area. All you can eat breakfast was also included in the cost if your stay Hostel did not have a kitchen like the other Equity Point hostels I have stayed at. There also appeared to be black mold on the roof of the bathroom in both rooms I stayed in.

The 8-bed female dorm was fine, but the photos online were deceiving: once everyone's bags and personal belongings are in the room, the space is much more cramped than the photo seemed. The ensuite bathroom was very small and had bad ventilation so after someone took a hot shower, it was extremely steamy and hard to do makeup or clean up. The luggage lockers in the room also didn't include padlocks, but they sell them at the front desk for £3.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Great staff - always attentative to your needs. Gabriella and Julia (as always) really hardworking and welcoming. 3rd or 4th stay now - and still chose this over another hostel as you know what you going to get at Equity. Not failed me yet. Not the cheapest in its class, but the breakfast is really good and better than the usual budget stuff.

Home away from home

would not come back here. Its alright for a night to crash but I couldnt recommend longer stays. Too little space in the rooms, too many people, only one toilet for 8 people in the room (no other on the floor). Also noisy. Expect only the basic stuff. Virtually no atmosphere, not for backpackers really. Location is good though.

staff were very helpful with an answer to every question. location is great .the rooms too crowded with poor air circulation. they don't recycle! in a first world metropolitan city they still haven't figured out how important it is ?! breakfast was nothing to write home about. coffee was good and free. One horrifying morning I woke up to the noise of 56 little children (6 yr olds) screaming/ running. at breakfast there they were 56 brats getting between me and my coffee. too many kids!

I didn't understand why the tv channel was stuck on 4music!

• 6th Mar 2015

Convenient location, fantastic value, clean, good staff, & massive free breakfast What more could you want? Highly recommended.

• 5th Mar 2015

Bright, well-presented, friendly and I get the impression well-run. Good staff. One of the very best I have stayed in. My stay was only a little marred by the spoiled, young girls, too selfish to have realised yet that if you enter a room where people are asleep its really nice to be quiet.

Great staff welcome and support throughout stay once again. They are terrific - especially Julia.

One review I read before stating the staff were beautiful - well they really are. Not only in looks but in attitude. Spanish/Uruagian female staff members were terrific. I noticed the off duty staff even helped me with my queries - that is a rarity in the hotel industry. I hope the owners look after the staff, because the staff are really looking after the owner's interests. Sheets were clean, lockers a fair size. Rooms clean and tidy. Reception 24 hours. Not a cheap, smelly hostel. Great buzz.

I would definitely stay at this hostel again. The staffs were nice and friendly. I talked to one of them and she seemed to know most of the guests. The breakfast was kinda boring but overall it was worth the money I paid for

Room number 13 on first floor is used by staff so can be quite noisy. The toilet is within the room which I personally did not like but may not be a problem for others. Clean bedding. However for 10 quid a night 5 min from Paddington I can't really complain very much.

Clean and tidy, everything looked new. Staff were young, beautiful and helpful. Nice safe feeling area, although a little out of the centre.

• 14th Feb 2015

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOSTEL. It seems that as soon as you walk into its rooms you find yourself back in the 80s, everything looks and smells as if it hasn't been cleaned since. They have no kitchen, no quiet area, no clean toilets, no computer-free access and no lift to the "new" building. Location isn't bad though, but I'd rather walk miles to get to Hyde Park than stay there again.

The hostel was great value for money, the rooms were sufficient, the beds comfortable and warm. All of the beds came with their own lights, power outlets and spacious lockers. There was also a free breakfast. Although alcohol is allowed until midnight in the rooms, it was not a party hostel and it was very quiet at night. However, the bathroom flooded with each shower. The bathroom did not have any hooks to hang clothes or towels on, and it also did not have a hygiene bin.

Could do a Little bit more for the money you pay or as alternative to reduce the money you pay per day for the same conditions.I think that the right price for a bed per day is £ 12.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Romania

Value for money is on point The staff are very nice and helpful. Beds are not super comfy however I do think it's great overall for the money :)

• 8th Feb 2015

The room was more expensive for being a double room with a private bathroom but the bathroom was so small it was hard to take a shower. The water was also unbalanced between cold and hot. It changed temperatures during my bath from warm to scalding without me touching anything. The bathroom and room was also no clean. It was midnight and I could hear people screaming outaide my door. There was no security and since the wifi worked only on reception there wasn't much place to sit there.

• 7th Feb 2015

You get what you pay for ... Which isn't much! The rooms are not very clean. I had a misunderstanding and ended up in the wrong bed, so one day found all my stuff missing. Thankfully the staff had kept it all but the bed numbers need to be more clear (the 3 can be mistaken for a 5..). The bathroom was disgusting, and the shower you had to keep pressing a button if you wanted water. Only good thing about this hostel was the hearty breakfast and friendly staff. Good location too. Easy to find

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5