Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

Had an amazing location but rooms weren't great . Traveling through Europe in summer and couldn't sleep because the rooms were so hot. Was still good but expected more for the price. I wouldn't recommend staying here have stayed in better hostels in London.

This hostel is a good place just to rest up when you are dead tired. You wouldn't want to navigate the breakfast room, which was full of children, any other way. Also the noise from the street would keep you up otherwise. Everything was adequate except for the bathroom, which had an overpowering smell of mold. It wouldn't hurt to bleach the shower curtain once in a while. Other than that the staff were pleasant. Internet is expensive, but it works fine. Overall a good place to crash and sleep.

the only question is that in extreme heat you can not open the window wide , because there are some restrictor attaches to it (may be for security reasons i do not know) As a result i had to go to Hyde Park and slee on a bench

Overall good experience, very good price and convenient location. Breakfast is also a very good value. All the WCs are en suite in large dorms, which isn't good. There is only one public WC on the first floor. There is no free wifi. The common room is quite small, corridors are small and you might get stuck in as elevator queue, as there is a large number of people. In overall this is a very adequate and fairly priced hostel.

had to pay for wifi and side lamps didn't work. breakfast was nice. very nice location. very safe.

the windows are so small, so it's very hot at night... my portable charger was stolen by the cleaning guy... so .. i could not give the hostel a high mark

Rude staff that seem disinterested when you have a query. I tried to ask for assistance at one point. All the reception girl had to say was 'no, there is no booking under your name' and looked at me very strangely. After 5 minutes of me trying to get an answer and her not caring/looking at me like a weirdo off the street, I asked her to check my room number. Ta da, there I was! Why was I the one who had to use their initiative? I wasn't the one getting paid infant I was paying you. Do your job!

• 23rd Jul 2013

Very crowed and noisy hostel The room is too small and not ventilated. So. it was in the hot box during summer. Good value of breakfast.

Everything was perfect but breakfasts could be more substantial.

Wi-fi was not free which was kind of an unpleasant surprise in this era and given the price of the hostel. Bathroom was small and moldy and the extractor fan was not working which meant the room was damp as well. Ventilation in my room is very poor since it had just one window facing an internal courtyard.

They showld have free wifi access for the guests, as many others hostels in London.

we arrived prior to check in time and were only allowed to store our bags in the luggage room, which was ok. After coming back later the evening we got our room and all was good apart of the room being very hot (due to the high temperatures outside all week). It would be nice to have a fan as the windows didn't open wide enough for a bit of brise. Breakfast was ok but basic and, according to my friend, the coffee not very nice. Other than that we had a nice stay and the location was good for us.

It was the only place in Europe where I had to pay for wifi. The rooms didn't have any airflow, it was like sleeping in a sauna. The mattress and pillows were of bad quality.

• 19th Jul 2013

the staff were great at this hostel, however the rooms were unbearably hot with little flow thru ventilation. there was a heat wave in England at the time were were staying and I think once the bricks of this building heated up it just stayed hot even though the outside temperature dropped in the evening. I ended up having to move to another hotel because of the heat in the room. Maybe a great place to stay but not in the summer.

• 18th Jul 2013

First experience in a hostel. Helpful to have a room for 3 as it was exactly what we needed. Would have been better to have 3 beds, but we made do with two.

• 18th Jul 2013

THERE IS NO KITCHEN!!! I always assume that there is a kitchen at hostels and I was very surprised and disappointed to find that there wasn't one! Also you have to pay for internet. Besides that it was fine. Not the greatest breakfast but the staff were pretty helpful.

• 18th Jul 2013

We booked a 3-bed-room for two nights, overall nothing to really complain about but dont expect too much. The staff isn't very friendly. Maybe it was because of the weather (29 degrees). Also there wasn't any ventilation, building was very hot. One of the staff members was very enthousiastic about our room whilst we were checking in, but I have no idea why: just a small room with a tiny ensuite bathroom. The location is fine though: close to paddington station. Wifi wasn't free (3£ a day).

bathrooms are the worst thing on earth, room was poorly ventilated and no free wifi. the location is excellent though.

• 17th Jul 2013

You have to pay for the wifi, and for using the computers! That's ridiculous! Took me some days of summer super hot and the windows couldn't be open because of some "rule" what makes it impossible to rest properly ..... Besides all that.... It's OKEY

Rooms are so tiny and should only have 1 bed but it had 4. There wasn't even any room to open a suitcase. Our room was under the staircase and it sounded like elephants running up and down the stairs all day/night. Shower curtain was dirty and smelt funny.