Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

Lockers weren't big enough for our bags. Put our valuables in there, but had stuff stolen from our bags anyway. Bathroom got dirty very quickly and had to pay for wifi. Location is good, near Paddington station and staff were friendly.

Equity Point was in an excellent location. Everything was easy to walk to and made for good adventures. Staff was somewhat boring and seemed frustrated with normal questions but they were efficient and did they're jobs. Rooms were too cramped. And bathrooms too small and not exceptionally clean. Breakfast was nice however and I thouroughly enjoyed my stay at Equity Point London.

stable beds - lockers (you had to bring your own lock) - tiny bathroom (8 bed dorm), water in the shower didnt work (had to go to a shower in the basement) - bar - good breakfast (different sorts of cornflakes, two kinds of toast, coffe, milk, juice, tea, jam, honey, cheese..) - YOU HAD TO PAY FOR INTERNET (3£ for 24hours)! should have been included because the price is already pretty expensive.

Clean rooms, good bunks. Surprised to see a hostel charging for wifi. Even more surprised to have to pay for computers in the common area.

Shower was very small. Security guard outside front door all the time but bars close early in Paddington

Would have liked lockers with a lock on them, but everything else was really nice.

bathroom opening directly off dormitry felt like lack of privacy. Also door scraped on bathroom floor. just minor things but otherwise good value for brief stay. Staff very helpful.

• 3rd Jun 2014

The hostel is situated very nicely close to paddington railway station and hyde parc. I stayed in a standard mixed dorm. The beds were fine. The room was not as clean as it could have been, other guests had left garbage and one had even left his stinking socks. I stayed only 3 nights, so maybe after that someone came in to clean the room. The dustbin in the bathroom was more than full and the seat of the toilett was loose. There is no free WiFi! The computers in the lounge are old and slow.

The stuff is very nice and friendly, when I stuck in cycling trouble, they are really gave me a great help. The breakfast is excellent!!

The only thing this place really had going for it was, it's location and security, the staff weren't help full, just seemed like they where there to check you in and that'was it they weren't welcoming what so ever, which in turn changed the atmosphere. I wasn't told about any facilities. Overall I was disappointed after reading good reviews on this hoste, but unfortunately I wouldn't stay for more than one night if I stayed again.

The hostel was nice and clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful, except with one thing. There weren't enough blankets for everyone who was staying there. Including myself, 3 out of the 8 people in my dorm didn't have blankets and were told that there weren't any more when we went to ask. Thankfully it wasn't too cold during my stay.

Nice quiet area. I slept peacefully. The internet cost seemed a bit excessive.

• 30th May 2014

Equity point was quite lovely. It was close to the train station and the staff were friendly. The room was a bit small for the number of beds in the room but the beds were comfortable and loved that there was a bathroom in the room.

• 27th May 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff. Good location to Paddington Station (about 5 minute walk) and to the rest of London. Facilities were smaller than we expected - rooms were very mediocre. Wifi is not free - we found out you had to pay by the hour or day (other hostels we stayed in, the wifi was free in common rooms at least, if not bedrooms). Breakfast was decent.

It was a good place to stay. The staff was really helpful.

Good breakfast and near Malaysian Hall where we had our lunch. Improvement- allow a later checkout time 12 pm

Good clean hostel in a nice part of London. Close to tube station and easy to get to from Heathrow airport.

The hostel was overcrowded and naturally, the staff didn't have much time for me. Every time I came in through the entrance there would be dozens of bags lying around, and kids and young people waiting to check in. Eating the included breakfast in the morning required a lot of patience, since I had to stand in line for 5-10 minutes. Also, there was a charge for access to the Wi-Fi. Big let down. I felt as if I was treated not as a valued customer, but solely as a check book, at Equity Point.

Great location: Very close to Paddington station. Wholesome breakfast (included in the price). We stayed at a 6 bed en-suite room which was clean. It had big lockers for each bed which needed a lock. We bought the lock for a reasonable price from the reception. What we particularly liked was the availability of essential items like earplugs, locks, adaptors etc. at the reception. There was a travel desk and a luggage store which was securely locked with electronic keys.

• 15th May 2014
  • India

I barelly had wifi coverage in my room, which was less than perfect considering it cost 7 pounds.