Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

Even though there was ample security, I didn't feel all that safe and I found myself constantly having miscommunications with the front desk.

This stylish hostel has a good location near Paddington, along a street with lots of lovely townhouses. Each bed has its own locker, outlet, and light. Like most London hostels, it's fairly cramped, but the atmosphere was great. I'd say here again.

This hostel represents poor value for money especially with it's changeable peak rates. It is out of touch with the rest of the hostels around and the hostelling scene. The rooms are low ceilings, cramped and stuffy- especially the 8 bed dorms. It is in a noisy location and the need to have the windows open with the stuffiness worsened the noise factor. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone and would suggest that people look at some of the better hostels close by that offer much better val

Great location, easy to walk everywhere. A shame you have to pay for WiFi! Could just charge a couple Euros more to have it included.

Good location and overall decent hostel. I stayed in an 8 person dorm and checked in relatively late on a Saturday night, only to find a missing pillow and gum stuck on my blanket when I entered my room, Bathroom was tight and unclean. Mentioned this to the front desk yet no one came to offer alternative pillows/blankets.

We had a problem with one of the other girls (rude

Excellent breakfast! Simple and good quality.

Compared to other Hostel's I have been in London I thought this was the best. The standard of rooms was excellent and all the bedding was clean and crisp . The bathroom was tiny but clean. I was in a 4 bedroom and particularly liked that each bed had its own light.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Nothing wrong with this place, but when I went there weren't too many people but did talk tip those that were there. Comes with big lockers in room, just bring your own lock! Also wifi is not free

The breakfast is good, it is better than what I have at home, with yogurts, cereals, toast, milk, coffee, jam, butter and cheese. My room had two floors, two bathroons, six beds, mirror, and hairdryer. The bathroom was always clean, and it is not so hard to share it. The staff was friendly and there was great security during all night. I certainly recommend it, especially for the excellent location, near Paddington, a busy street full of different types of commerce, including a 24h supermark.

• 14th Jun 2014

Lockers weren't big enough for our bags. Put our valuables in there, but had stuff stolen from our bags anyway. Bathroom got dirty very quickly and had to pay for wifi. Location is good, near Paddington station and staff were friendly.

Equity Point was in an excellent location. Everything was easy to walk to and made for good adventures. Staff was somewhat boring and seemed frustrated with normal questions but they were efficient and did they're jobs. Rooms were too cramped. And bathrooms too small and not exceptionally clean. Breakfast was nice however and I thouroughly enjoyed my stay at Equity Point London.

stable beds - lockers (you had to bring your own lock) - tiny bathroom (8 bed dorm), water in the shower didnt work (had to go to a shower in the basement) - bar - good breakfast (different sorts of cornflakes, two kinds of toast, coffe, milk, juice, tea, jam, honey, cheese..) - YOU HAD TO PAY FOR INTERNET (3£ for 24hours)! should have been included because the price is already pretty expensive.

Clean rooms, good bunks. Surprised to see a hostel charging for wifi. Even more surprised to have to pay for computers in the common area.

Shower was very small. Security guard outside front door all the time but bars close early in Paddington

Would have liked lockers with a lock on them, but everything else was really nice.

Pros: there was an actual bathtub in the ensuite bathroom. Location isn't terrible. Lockers. Cons: this was as basic as a hostel can get. Technically everything was there: beds, linen, lockers, toilet, etc. But the entire building felt gross and dirty, with no atmosphere whatsoever. The carpet had stains on it and there was an overall dingy feel to the place. I won't be returning. I'd rather spend a few extra pounds somewhere else and feel clean.

bathroom opening directly off dormitry felt like lack of privacy. Also door scraped on bathroom floor. just minor things but otherwise good value for brief stay. Staff very helpful.

• 3rd Jun 2014

The hostel is situated very nicely close to paddington railway station and hyde parc. I stayed in a standard mixed dorm. The beds were fine. The room was not as clean as it could have been, other guests had left garbage and one had even left his stinking socks. I stayed only 3 nights, so maybe after that someone came in to clean the room. The dustbin in the bathroom was more than full and the seat of the toilett was loose. There is no free WiFi! The computers in the lounge are old and slow.

The stuff is very nice and friendly, when I stuck in cycling trouble, they are really gave me a great help. The breakfast is excellent!!