Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

Excellent breakfast! Simple and good quality.

Compared to other Hostel's I have been in London I thought this was the best. The standard of rooms was excellent and all the bedding was clean and crisp . The bathroom was tiny but clean. I was in a 4 bedroom and particularly liked that each bed had its own light.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Nothing wrong with this place, but when I went there weren't too many people but did talk tip those that were there. Comes with big lockers in room, just bring your own lock! Also wifi is not free

The breakfast is good, it is better than what I have at home, with yogurts, cereals, toast, milk, coffee, jam, butter and cheese. My room had two floors, two bathroons, six beds, mirror, and hairdryer. The bathroom was always clean, and it is not so hard to share it. The staff was friendly and there was great security during all night. I certainly recommend it, especially for the excellent location, near Paddington, a busy street full of different types of commerce, including a 24h supermark.

• 14th Jun 2014

Lockers weren't big enough for our bags. Put our valuables in there, but had stuff stolen from our bags anyway. Bathroom got dirty very quickly and had to pay for wifi. Location is good, near Paddington station and staff were friendly.

Equity Point was in an excellent location. Everything was easy to walk to and made for good adventures. Staff was somewhat boring and seemed frustrated with normal questions but they were efficient and did they're jobs. Rooms were too cramped. And bathrooms too small and not exceptionally clean. Breakfast was nice however and I thouroughly enjoyed my stay at Equity Point London.

stable beds - lockers (you had to bring your own lock) - tiny bathroom (8 bed dorm), water in the shower didnt work (had to go to a shower in the basement) - bar - good breakfast (different sorts of cornflakes, two kinds of toast, coffe, milk, juice, tea, jam, honey, cheese..) - YOU HAD TO PAY FOR INTERNET (3£ for 24hours)! should have been included because the price is already pretty expensive.

Clean rooms, good bunks. Surprised to see a hostel charging for wifi. Even more surprised to have to pay for computers in the common area.

Shower was very small. Security guard outside front door all the time but bars close early in Paddington

Would have liked lockers with a lock on them, but everything else was really nice.

Pros: there was an actual bathtub in the ensuite bathroom. Location isn't terrible. Lockers. Cons: this was as basic as a hostel can get. Technically everything was there: beds, linen, lockers, toilet, etc. But the entire building felt gross and dirty, with no atmosphere whatsoever. The carpet had stains on it and there was an overall dingy feel to the place. I won't be returning. I'd rather spend a few extra pounds somewhere else and feel clean.

bathroom opening directly off dormitry felt like lack of privacy. Also door scraped on bathroom floor. just minor things but otherwise good value for brief stay. Staff very helpful.

• 3rd Jun 2014

The hostel is situated very nicely close to paddington railway station and hyde parc. I stayed in a standard mixed dorm. The beds were fine. The room was not as clean as it could have been, other guests had left garbage and one had even left his stinking socks. I stayed only 3 nights, so maybe after that someone came in to clean the room. The dustbin in the bathroom was more than full and the seat of the toilett was loose. There is no free WiFi! The computers in the lounge are old and slow.

The stuff is very nice and friendly, when I stuck in cycling trouble, they are really gave me a great help. The breakfast is excellent!!

The only thing this place really had going for it was, it's location and security, the staff weren't help full, just seemed like they where there to check you in and that'was it they weren't welcoming what so ever, which in turn changed the atmosphere. I wasn't told about any facilities. Overall I was disappointed after reading good reviews on this hoste, but unfortunately I wouldn't stay for more than one night if I stayed again.

The hostel was nice and clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful, except with one thing. There weren't enough blankets for everyone who was staying there. Including myself, 3 out of the 8 people in my dorm didn't have blankets and were told that there weren't any more when we went to ask. Thankfully it wasn't too cold during my stay.

Nice quiet area. I slept peacefully. The internet cost seemed a bit excessive.

• 30th May 2014

Equity point was quite lovely. It was close to the train station and the staff were friendly. The room was a bit small for the number of beds in the room but the beds were comfortable and loved that there was a bathroom in the room.

• 27th May 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff. Good location to Paddington Station (about 5 minute walk) and to the rest of London. Facilities were smaller than we expected - rooms were very mediocre. Wifi is not free - we found out you had to pay by the hour or day (other hostels we stayed in, the wifi was free in common rooms at least, if not bedrooms). Breakfast was decent.

It was a good place to stay. The staff was really helpful.