Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

The hostel is situated very nicely close to paddington railway station and hyde parc. I stayed in a standard mixed dorm. The beds were fine. The room was not as clean as it could have been, other guests had left garbage and one had even left his stinking socks. I stayed only 3 nights, so maybe after that someone came in to clean the room. The dustbin in the bathroom was more than full and the seat of the toilett was loose. There is no free WiFi! The computers in the lounge are old and slow.

The stuff is very nice and friendly, when I stuck in cycling trouble, they are really gave me a great help. The breakfast is excellent!!

The only thing this place really had going for it was, it's location and security, the staff weren't help full, just seemed like they where there to check you in and that'was it they weren't welcoming what so ever, which in turn changed the atmosphere. I wasn't told about any facilities. Overall I was disappointed after reading good reviews on this hoste, but unfortunately I wouldn't stay for more than one night if I stayed again.

The hostel was nice and clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful, except with one thing. There weren't enough blankets for everyone who was staying there. Including myself, 3 out of the 8 people in my dorm didn't have blankets and were told that there weren't any more when we went to ask. Thankfully it wasn't too cold during my stay.

Nice quiet area. I slept peacefully. The internet cost seemed a bit excessive.

• 30th May 2014

Equity point was quite lovely. It was close to the train station and the staff were friendly. The room was a bit small for the number of beds in the room but the beds were comfortable and loved that there was a bathroom in the room.

• 27th May 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff. Good location to Paddington Station (about 5 minute walk) and to the rest of London. Facilities were smaller than we expected - rooms were very mediocre. Wifi is not free - we found out you had to pay by the hour or day (other hostels we stayed in, the wifi was free in common rooms at least, if not bedrooms). Breakfast was decent.

It was a good place to stay. The staff was really helpful.

Good breakfast and near Malaysian Hall where we had our lunch. Improvement- allow a later checkout time 12 pm

Good clean hostel in a nice part of London. Close to tube station and easy to get to from Heathrow airport.

The hostel was overcrowded and naturally, the staff didn't have much time for me. Every time I came in through the entrance there would be dozens of bags lying around, and kids and young people waiting to check in. Eating the included breakfast in the morning required a lot of patience, since I had to stand in line for 5-10 minutes. Also, there was a charge for access to the Wi-Fi. Big let down. I felt as if I was treated not as a valued customer, but solely as a check book, at Equity Point.

Great location: Very close to Paddington station. Wholesome breakfast (included in the price). We stayed at a 6 bed en-suite room which was clean. It had big lockers for each bed which needed a lock. We bought the lock for a reasonable price from the reception. What we particularly liked was the availability of essential items like earplugs, locks, adaptors etc. at the reception. There was a travel desk and a luggage store which was securely locked with electronic keys.

• 15th May 2014
  • India

I barelly had wifi coverage in my room, which was less than perfect considering it cost 7 pounds.

There was a large school group there that was very loud at times.

A decent hostel for London. No atmosphere, but good motivation to get out and see the city. Wifi is the expensive, overpriced GlobalGossip rubbish. It's popular with schoolgroups so it can get busy at times. Breakfast is functional. Quite clean and the ensuite bathrooms are good. Staff are helpful and friendly. The location is good for Paddington Station and Hyde Park.

Very impressed with their friendly welcoming and prompt reply to an email request from me.

• 4th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

A great place, close to everything, great roommates, really worth for the money.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Hungary

5 person checked in the room of a 8 people mixed dorm at 3 in the morning.

This place was in prime location. 2 minute walk to paddington. When I arrived I was told about my room, and the issue they had with the shower, from that I was given a discount. So that was nice. The shower didn't work. But there was a community shower down stairs. Which was great. The beds were good, fresh linen was a great feature, and safes in the room was also a great feature. Being your own lock. Other wise good hostel, okay prices.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »