Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

Excellent location, nice people. The only bad thing is you have to pay for wifi.

Really great hostel, really near (a 2 min walk away) to Paddington so perfect if you have an early train. Seems like there's lots going on and great facilities, although I only stayed one night. The bathroom was easily one of the nicest I've seen in a hostel and they even went out of their way to make sure I got the free breakfast that's part of the price despite the fact that I was leaving well before breakfast was served. I would definitely recommend it. Bring your own padlock for the lockers.

• 15th Dec 2013

Really relaxing and so good and easy to get to Paddington

Rooms were clean, however the bunks were very unstable and squeaky. Bathroom was small and shower head was a timed shower that automatically turns off every 15 seconds or so. The two security men I encountered were friendly and helpful, however one night there were people running around the dorms being rowdy and banging on windows for about 2 hours without being approached. Wifi is not free, no kitchen or free tea/coffee facilities available. Lift available for certain rooms only.

The staff were unfiendly and unhelpful on arrival. The Internet facilties were very high priced. Additionally to use the computers and the internet there were two separate charges. The security facilities were vary bad because there were lockers in the rooms but you had to BUY a padlock to use them. The toilet seat was broken and the bathroom was not very clean.

Good stay - clean rooms and loos, polite staff, no kicthen facilities but eating area. Free luggage holding...and only £1 key deposit... No free wifi though...

- Good breakfast and you do not need to wash your dishes. - Be aware there are no kitchen facilities, not even a microwave, so unable to heat or cook own food or make you own cup of tea. - Small rooms and bathrooms. - Expensive internet. - The hostel does take families and school groups which can detract from the travelling experience. - Location alone does not justify price. - I would not stay here again for the price that is charged.

We stayed in a double room with ensuit. Without being picky, the mattress was lumpy, sheets weren't changed over our stay and the shower was literally the size of an average house sink with a soft curtain which wrapped you around completely while showering. And no free WiFi!!! On the plus side, good continental breakfast, good location and 24hr security guard. Overall ok, but wouldn't stay in a double room again due to poor value for money.

• 4th Dec 2013

The staff did everything they could to help me, and they are great. But they have large groups here which makes for lengthy line ups for everything (checking in/out, luggage storage, breakfast, etc). The breakfast is pretty good if you can get through all the people. There's no kitchen facilities (not even a kettle, microwave, etc), and wifi is only available on a paid package. Bring a padlock for the lockers, and be prepared to eat out all the time!!

I stayed at Equity Point about 10 days when I relocated to London and used it as a handy base to orientate myself around London whilst interviewing for work. A quick stroll to Paddington tube or Lancaster Gate tube, buses close by, shops including supermarkets all very handy. Security is tight, rooms are cleaned to a high standard and breakfast included is ample. Wifi expensive and unreliable so better to go to a local café to tap in for free. For a short stay it is a good, secure place.

The room was not ready although we arrived late. We had to wait for half an hour, although they talked about ten min. When we got in, the room was soaked in air freshner, so we had to stay for another hour with wide open windows, which we did not want to leave open, because of easy access to them from the terrace. When we came back, they had been opened and left open by someone anyway - creepy. When retrieving our luggage, we were not supervised, no labels checked, could have taken anything.

• 27th Nov 2013

It's in a nice area of town, but it's a far walk to the metro. They make you pay for wifi. I've been traveling for for months now, and I have never been to a hostel that makes you pay for wifi. That's ridiculous. Rooms are fairly clean.

Great hostel in a good area: right in front of Hyde Park! A bit labyrinthic but very clean and cheap if you consider that breakfast is included (actually something very rare to find in hostels)! Staff was really really nice! I recommend it!

• 23rd Nov 2013

Nothing to add, great location, price is OK. :)

Security is nice, but location is so so~ cuz i walked more than 10 minutes with luggage from paddington station. But staff were really cool and price is reasonable :)

Close to paddington station, direct connection to heathrow airport. underground lines and bus through paddington to other parts of London. Bed with reading light and power socket to charge your electronic devices. Wifi is not free, not indicated in info. The breakfast is sufficient: bread, yoghurt, juice. Some suggestion: include wifi cost in room price, place hooks to hang things in room, laundry room, provide info map at lobby to show nearby places and bus stops and services. Thanks!

Rooms are so small that prevents any good thing about the hostel.

The breakfast was very good and the atmosphere very great!! I love the view of London at the 6th floor in my room. I recommand this youth hotel.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

Good hostel, clean and nice, good location.Good breakfast. Very friendly staff.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Denmark

The best staff! specially Sofia Mac Mullen! i'll be back :)

• 15th Nov 2013