Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

Strategically located in the heart of London. It's very near Paddington train station and the underground tube thus moving around is very easy. However, I think Internet should be free.

I was disappointed with Equity point. During this summer I've changed 5 accommodations and this one was definitely the one that I didn't enjoy to stay at. I stayed here for 3 nights with my friend, sharing the room with mom-daughter. We had to pay extra for towels, extra for wi fi, and what pissed me off the most - for locker padlocks. At the end it was more than 25£ extra, so we could have get a private room somewhere else for that money. The breakfast was also poor, without tea or clean spoons

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Croatia

great location. bathroom small amnd wet floor didn't help

• 12th Aug 2013

I booked into Equity Point because I had an early fight and needed to catch the Heathrow Express. I was in a six person room, five young women and me. The single bathroom was not enough. I ended up having to locate another toilet. The fact that the entry light came own automatically was a problem late at night -- until we figured out how to disable it. I also arrived to find wet jeans drapped on my bed and someone's suitcase sitting open on my space.

Everything in this hotel and in London is very expensive. Hotel is dirty, people who run hotel are cold and family rooms are very small. WiFi cost £9 for a week. Room key cost £1 per person. Hotel dont have a kitchen. Breakfest is included in price but you can choose between jam, honey, cheese and cereals, for drink you can have coffe or juice. You can't use microwave after breakfest. In the group room, you can stay until midnight, while in the courtyard you can accommodate up to 8PM. We talked

• 5th Aug 2013
  • Croatia

The bathrooms are en suite and fairly tiny. There was 1 bathroom to 10 bunks and no additional bathrooms in the hallway, at least not that I could easily find. The location is quite close to Paddington Station -- about 2 blocks and on a main street. It is close to a few stores and at least one restaurant (meaning you can get groceries and alcohol easily or eat out if you like). Wifi is a bit extra, but I thought the speed was nice.

• 5th Aug 2013

I really enjoyed my staying at Equity Point. I stayed in a private room together with my husband and my daughter. However, the room was quite small for the three of us and we also had a little problem with the shower that leaked water in the bathroom floor. The shower was too small and the curtains kept sticking on us leaving all the water dripping over the bathroom floor. The cleaners used to come everyday to dry it up which was good, though. Even so, I still recommend this hostel.

no free wifi, annoying security guard, helpful reception, good size lockers, no free towel,

Good location, friendly staff, luggage room may need more secure, shower room is a little bit too small. Overall, a nice place to stay.

Had an amazing location but rooms weren't great . Traveling through Europe in summer and couldn't sleep because the rooms were so hot. Was still good but expected more for the price. I wouldn't recommend staying here have stayed in better hostels in London.

This hostel is a good place just to rest up when you are dead tired. You wouldn't want to navigate the breakfast room, which was full of children, any other way. Also the noise from the street would keep you up otherwise. Everything was adequate except for the bathroom, which had an overpowering smell of mold. It wouldn't hurt to bleach the shower curtain once in a while. Other than that the staff were pleasant. Internet is expensive, but it works fine. Overall a good place to crash and sleep.

the only question is that in extreme heat you can not open the window wide , because there are some restrictor attaches to it (may be for security reasons i do not know) As a result i had to go to Hyde Park and slee on a bench

Overall good experience, very good price and convenient location. Breakfast is also a very good value. All the WCs are en suite in large dorms, which isn't good. There is only one public WC on the first floor. There is no free wifi. The common room is quite small, corridors are small and you might get stuck in as elevator queue, as there is a large number of people. In overall this is a very adequate and fairly priced hostel.

had to pay for wifi and side lamps didn't work. breakfast was nice. very nice location. very safe.

the windows are so small, so it's very hot at night... my portable charger was stolen by the cleaning guy... so .. i could not give the hostel a high mark

Rude staff that seem disinterested when you have a query. I tried to ask for assistance at one point. All the reception girl had to say was 'no, there is no booking under your name' and looked at me very strangely. After 5 minutes of me trying to get an answer and her not caring/looking at me like a weirdo off the street, I asked her to check my room number. Ta da, there I was! Why was I the one who had to use their initiative? I wasn't the one getting paid infant I was paying you. Do your job!

• 23rd Jul 2013

Very crowed and noisy hostel The room is too small and not ventilated. So. it was in the hot box during summer. Good value of breakfast.

Everything was perfect but breakfasts could be more substantial.

Wi-fi was not free which was kind of an unpleasant surprise in this era and given the price of the hostel. Bathroom was small and moldy and the extractor fan was not working which meant the room was damp as well. Ventilation in my room is very poor since it had just one window facing an internal courtyard.

They showld have free wifi access for the guests, as many others hostels in London.