Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

Good location, close to tube station. Checked in, staff were friendly, but in our 8 bed dorm was only 1 free bed (there's 2 of us) staff handled this situation well, waited till about 8pm till it was sorted we were out into another dorm but semi private beds, which was fine no worries. The negative to this hostel is ITS DIRTY felt very very unclean, throughout the hostel, your given fresh sheets but one of our blankets had melted chocolate of something gross. The bathrooms were dirty.

No free wifi no kitchen no laundry machine no place to make a hot tea And it's not cheap,

I didn't have the pleasure to have breakfast because I left early but it was quite a good gesture to receive cookies and juice for the road. The room was a little bit warm; we were 8 people yet I think something more can be done with the windows, it's just too little air coming from the outside. Staff absolutely friendly!

great hostel good people very struck alcohol policy

There was no cold water in the shower! You could either burn yourself or not shower at all.

• 17th Oct 2013
  • Poland

The ensuite bathroom is the worst part. It was a shower room and had not tub to hodl in the water. It was never very clean and always wet. It is inconveniant if you need to use the toilet while someone else is in the shower. The location cannot be beat! Easy travel to Heathrow and around the city using the underground.

so far so good for backpacker

It is a great hostel. It has very comfortable beds and lockers inside the bedroom where you can put your backpack. It is only a few blocks from Paddington Station and it serves a great breakfast that includes toasts, cereals, coffe, tea, milk, juices etc. I slept there for a week and, although it was really clean, the last four nights i stayed there, no one came to clean the room. It has no kitchen to be used by the guests.

I think you should be more careful about cleaning, specially in the bathroom as it is shared. Trying to keep people quite after 11 it also be a good thing.

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Portugal

Nice hostel with great value. The room was no so cool in the basement but enough for three people. I little bit dissapointed with the small en-suite bathroom.

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Spain

The staff was very unfriendly and unhelpful. They made me pay for Internet and then the Internet crashed and they didn't reimburse me. There's no alcohol allowed in the hostal and they don't have a bar so the social scene is lacking and not encouraged so if was very boring. My bed was never cleaned and the sheets were still dirty from the person before me. All in all not the best hostel I've staged in, and I've stayed in a lot.

• 25th Sep 2013

Great location and the stuff were very friendly. Did have a problem of dorm mates stealing. So dont forget to lock up your stuff. Other than that had a great experience

The staff were not friendly of helpful, the location was poor although it was near paddington station, no shops nearby, it was a more expensive choice for me which makes you think you get more for your moeny but I didnt. They make you pay for WiFi which is unreasonable for 21st century london hostel. The rooms were very cramped and the bathroom shared between 8 was TINY!! the beds and pillows were very uncomfortable and the hostel was very noisy and the staff did nothing to quiten the guests

• 17th Sep 2013
  • South Africa

The blankets provided were probably washed a year ago, at least the sheets were somewhat clean, but also had some unidentified spots on them. The next morning there was no water, hot or cold, no flushing the toilet either. And after both two nights of my stay there, the electronic card key wasn't working the next day, had to come downstairs to "recharge" it. Not efficient. To pay 25 pounds for a night here... There are other hostels in London I've tried and they were better and cheaper.

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Russia

Hello you, thank you for letting me stay at your hostel. I really enjoyed it. There is just one thing I wished to be a little bit more organised: Although someone put their name on the cleaning badge at the bathroom door didn't mean that the room had actually been cleaned. There were lots of stains on the mirror, water on the floor and missing loo roll for days. (We even told you about it) Thank you anyway for your great kindness and lovely breakfast. Hope to see you again soon.

• 14th Sep 2013

I was very impressed with the security and cleanliness of the hostel and it was nice that breakfast was included as it isn't usually in hostels.

• 14th Sep 2013

Good location with excellent breakfast. bathroom was not so clean but still ok! the value for many is really good so I would definitly go there again!

Good value for money and great staff. But this is more of a hotel than a hostel. It feels quite crammed because there´s just too many guests and not enough space.

The location was very good just a short walk down the road and your at the major paddington station which made it easy to get around :), I stayed in a twin private room but found the room and bathroom very tiny, but in saying that you don't spend much of your time in your room anyway so it didn't worry us to much. The staff where very friendly and helpful had over all a good hostel

This was my first time staying in a Hostel, I wanted to give my 16 year old son the hostel experience. We arrive at the hostel at 1am in London to be told they didn't have our room we booked. I had booked a 4 bed Dorm for us. it was 2am before they were able to give us a room. it was tiny and smelly. This probably has had the opposite effect on me and my son we will not use a hostel again. I have to say this was not the staffs fault and they had limited resources. Not a pleasant experience

• 10th Sep 2013