Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

Wi-fi was not free which was kind of an unpleasant surprise in this era and given the price of the hostel. Bathroom was small and moldy and the extractor fan was not working which meant the room was damp as well. Ventilation in my room is very poor since it had just one window facing an internal courtyard.

They showld have free wifi access for the guests, as many others hostels in London.

we arrived prior to check in time and were only allowed to store our bags in the luggage room, which was ok. After coming back later the evening we got our room and all was good apart of the room being very hot (due to the high temperatures outside all week). It would be nice to have a fan as the windows didn't open wide enough for a bit of brise. Breakfast was ok but basic and, according to my friend, the coffee not very nice. Other than that we had a nice stay and the location was good for us.

It was the only place in Europe where I had to pay for wifi. The rooms didn't have any airflow, it was like sleeping in a sauna. The mattress and pillows were of bad quality.

• 19th Jul 2013

the staff were great at this hostel, however the rooms were unbearably hot with little flow thru ventilation. there was a heat wave in England at the time were were staying and I think once the bricks of this building heated up it just stayed hot even though the outside temperature dropped in the evening. I ended up having to move to another hotel because of the heat in the room. Maybe a great place to stay but not in the summer.

• 18th Jul 2013

First experience in a hostel. Helpful to have a room for 3 as it was exactly what we needed. Would have been better to have 3 beds, but we made do with two.

• 18th Jul 2013

THERE IS NO KITCHEN!!! I always assume that there is a kitchen at hostels and I was very surprised and disappointed to find that there wasn't one! Also you have to pay for internet. Besides that it was fine. Not the greatest breakfast but the staff were pretty helpful.

• 18th Jul 2013

We booked a 3-bed-room for two nights, overall nothing to really complain about but dont expect too much. The staff isn't very friendly. Maybe it was because of the weather (29 degrees). Also there wasn't any ventilation, building was very hot. One of the staff members was very enthousiastic about our room whilst we were checking in, but I have no idea why: just a small room with a tiny ensuite bathroom. The location is fine though: close to paddington station. Wifi wasn't free (3£ a day).

bathrooms are the worst thing on earth, room was poorly ventilated and no free wifi. the location is excellent though.

• 17th Jul 2013

You have to pay for the wifi, and for using the computers! That's ridiculous! Took me some days of summer super hot and the windows couldn't be open because of some "rule" what makes it impossible to rest properly ..... Besides all that.... It's OKEY

Rooms are so tiny and should only have 1 bed but it had 4. There wasn't even any room to open a suitcase. Our room was under the staircase and it sounded like elephants running up and down the stairs all day/night. Shower curtain was dirty and smelt funny.

Perhaps consider placing air conditioning units particularly in the dorms for those rare occasions of wonderful hot weather in London:)

The quality of the breakfeast could have been better

• 13th Jul 2013
  • Switzerland

One of the very few hostels where you could feel quality should matter. I did not have time to try their breakfast though.

The staff was very rude. Especially the security staff doesn't know how to speak with people. The room has very small bathroom with a wash basin. It was quite annoying that the other guests in the room put their washed clothes on wash basin which make to use shower impossible.

Take the broadlooms away from the rooms! Very dirty and not hygienic at all.

• 11th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

Great security and rooms were well organised. Staff could have been more helpful - got home one night to someone sleeping in my bed (he was lying on my clothes and using my phone charger). Staff said they couldn't do anything about it and told me to sleep on another bed. Wasn't pleased so threw him off myself

The hostel is definately in a good location and the staff are ok, however we stayed in a 8 bed room, which was clearly way too small room for so many beds. The room was extremely hot, with limited ventilation as the windown only opened a few centimeters. The toilet was also very tidy. Breakfast was ok, facilities for computers looked also ok - although I didn't used.

• 11th Jul 2013

Great location - 5 minutes from Paddington station and Hyde Park on a pretty street. Security is good, if not excessive (as well as keycard entry to rooms, you have to show the guard ID every time you enter, which is a bit annoying honestly). Staff and other guests were friendly. Lift worked, but the WiFi didn't (even though I paid for it). Good beds but don't expect a soft mattress. Good common area and breakfast, which is included. Need fans in the rooms- can get very close in hot weather.

This hostel was in a great location close to Paddington Station. I was in an 8 bed room and it was actually fairly quiet. There's no free wifi which can be a bit annoying and there's only one washroom for the 8 people in the room but overall, it was a good hostel! Nice and clean.