Equity Point London Reviews

Westbourne Terrace 100-102, Paddington, London, England

A gathering place for globe-trotters! In four nights, I chatted with room-mates from China, Brazil, Serbia, and all over western Europe.

I had a great stay. Yes i would stay again. The wifi is a little bit up and down. Could probably improve a little. But again free breakfast is great and the staff were very helpful. 9/10 for me

pleasant stay, thank you

It has a great location in Paddington and nice staff, but it's not kept overly clean and the beds are extremely uncomfortable.

Hostel was very close to the tube station. Staff (a German girl and a guy who spoke Spanish) were very helpful and patient with me. I would definitely come back. However, only down side is that the internet is not free.

Not the cheapest hostel you will ever stay at, but a solid choice. Very close to Paddington station, friendly staff, and a good level of security. Unfortunately I didn't wake up in time for the free breakfast but I heard it was very good.

staff were very friendly, there was a nice atmosphere. a good place to rest and recharge the batteries before heading off again

Too many bunk beds crammed into an inadequate space. All that needs to be said.

• 30th Sep 2014

When we checked in there was no water till 5pm, which meant no toilet or showers. When we woke up, there was a leak from the roof in our bathroom that saturated carpets. Once again no water for a wash up. Also in this day and age you can get free wifi in most pubs and restaurants. why they still make you pay here is silly. The breakfast was the only standout, which was pretty good

Nice place to stay... offers simple breakfast, has WiFi access (although it is not free). Clean bathrooms...

We have our beds occupied and they didnt know it, so we went to another room and they said to us without any time restriction to sleep in the first one again, we went to the hostel at 21 h, they decided to broke our lock and take our rucksacks which where into the segurity box and lost our towels. At 4 o clock they gave my bed to other boy so he wake up me, I went with him to reception and first they said to the boy left the hostel without check it or left the bed to the boy and the room wasbusy

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Spain

We booked a group of four and the staff separated us in three rooms. And one of the staff said it was due to the system. This situation did not happen to only us, there were 3 other groups at that time had the same problem. The hostel even ran out of room key. So every time I wanted to go in my room, I had to ask a staff to escort me. Lastly, I book a 8 mixed bed dorm and got a 10 one.

At this time i must say the Hostel was very loud. And it was dirty. The Staff was very friendly. But for the Wifi for 3 days is 7£. I think it's to much. But the breakfast is all right. The Tube Station Paddington is just 5min walk away. So for a vew days is alright.

Good location an breakfast, however on my third morning woke up with bites all over me, as did the girls staying in the bed next to me, couldn't stay here for my final night and the staff were very dismissive of me when i tried to make them aware of the issue, and offered no compensation or even apologies, would not stay again!

• 12th Sep 2014

You have to pay for an adapter, padlock, towel, and Wifi so they definitely squeeze a lot of money out of you after basic fees. Other than that it's a decent place, room was good, food was ok, but you couldn't cook for yourself. Staff was ok.

The staff was incredibly friendly, but there were many issues. The room was not clean at all. Our room key didn't work. The doorman at night wouldn't let us in at first because we'd only been given one pass for two people. Breakfast was pretty bad, and the breakfast room was very dirty. The hair dryer in our room didn't work and when I asked to borrow one at reception, they asked me for a deposit. Security for the storage area for bags (we arrived a bit early) was minimal.

• 11th Sep 2014

The staff is incredibly helpful, kind and friendly; well located near hyde park and to several bus stops and underground.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay,excellent value for money

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Hostel located in a residential area and is less than 5 minutes away from Paddington Station and about 10 minutes from Hyde Park. For someone visiting London, the tube is a great way to get around and Equity Point is near the tube. Rooms have carpet, are small, and bathrooms have very thin walls. Since I was traveling, I didn't spend much time in the room. Did not like that this hostel charges for WiFi! Breakfast was mediocre- toast, cereal, hrd boiled eggs, and your choice of orange or apple.

I enjoy staying at this hostel, but there are no laundry facilities, no kitchen, no internet included, I paid for a 8 bedrooms but actually was in a 10 bedrooms. The staff is nice, and try to help you. I don't think I will come back to this hostel.