Equity Point Marrakech Reviews

80 Derb El Hammam; Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco

The hostel is fine, but not great. The Barna Equity Point is much better, but then that one is expensive. The beds were large and comfortable, with huge ceelings in the rooms, but the bathroom was so tiny! That said, there was great water pressure and hot water in the shower. The breakfast had lots to offer, but eveything was of poor quality. Do not buy the hostel water under any circumstance, it is more than twice the price of anywhere else in Morocco, even the desert village we went to!

Really nice hostel, more like a hotel with a lovely pool to relax by, which is exactly what you need after a day in sweaty marrakech! Rooms are clean and comfy with en-suites!

Mainly enjoyed our stay, however they do have BED BUGS my friend is covered in bites. We stayed in room 107. Very relaxing and tranquil atmosphere though and the free breaky is good. We did the two night, three day desert tour which was amazing. The driving is all worth to for the night sleeping under the stars in the Sahara. However the staff at the hostel don't give you much info about where you go etc. I would advise to take snacks and toilet paper.

• 6th Sep 2014

Great hostel. Staff left my dorm room open after doing a check for beds though. Left me concerned about my belongings. Has a pool though, air con in some rooms and friendly vibe.

Beautiful hostel. I chose it for the swimming pool and I didn't regret my choice. Not your normal hostel but there's is a good atmosphere as well as being set in a beautiful building.

One of the best hostel Ive ever stayed at!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great hostel and for sure I will stay there again. Nice staff and clean rooms. It is big. The only minus is that there are allways people in frony of the door of the hostel. Hanging out there.

Beautiful, large hostel hidden in the heart of Marrakech. This is probably best for those who don't mind a bit of noise and an atmosphere, particularly around the pool area but there are additional relaxing quarters and a lovely roof terrace. Finding Equity Point is probably almost impossible without a guide to take you there at first but the staff were really good at arranging this for us. The riad is also well signposted within the souqs which was a massive help! Clean rooms too.

• 22nd Aug 2014

BED BUGS This hostel gave me and my friends bed bugs. They have travelled home with me and now I have to get someone out to kill them. £136 to kill them makes this hostel a very painful and expensive one.

The organisation at lunch time at the roof was quite poor as we were waiting to order our lunch and, after waiting for 30 minutes we had to leave because nobody was paying atention to us

I spent two nights in two different rooms in this hostel. First night was in 4 female dormitory bedroom. The room was at the same floor as swimming pool and it was the worst night I've ever spent in hostel! It was so loudly and stuffy, so I could not sleep almost the whole night long. Also this room is so tiny so it's hard to even place your baggage at the floor. The second night was in 6 female dormitory, the room was located at the 2d floor and this night (and room) was much better.

Amazing place!!!

Overall good. Great location. Nice facilities layout. Staff was helpful. We stayed on two separate stays. Room first stay was large and cooly conditioned. Room the second stay was tiny and hot as heck.

It's located in a horrible place. There will be people harassing you to the you. Once there extort you for money. When I got to the hostel figured I'd be safe but they encouraged thugs to come in and get their money. Also if you ask for directions they send you with guys who want money. Staff is unfriendly and unwilling to help with things. Wouldn't recommend it for girls traveling or anyone alone.

Pool was amazing. Beds were very comfortable and very clean. The only downside was that people would put their towel on a chair next to the pool when they weren't there and wouldn't be there all day so no on else could use the chairs. Also there wasn't one general area for people to chat it was more like a rabbit warren. Pool was a plus- and breakfast!

Overall very good- but there was not one space for people to hangout apart from at the pool and people in the morning would reserve a lounger and not even be there for a lot of the day. Was very frustrating for me as I was at the pool for part of the day but didn't have anywhere to sit because peoples towels were on the only available chairs and they were no where to be seen! Other than that, good place!

A bit hard to find but hundreds of guides so you will be fine. Had a mix up with the rooms an they sorted it an even upgraded us straight away. Great stay.

Amazing staff and the best pool !

Great hostel, very clean and the best value for money you could wish for. Even has a pool, which is great to relax. Staff were a bit stiff but on the other hand, thats perhaps why it's so clean and all. During our stay there were huge groups of British scouts, young kids that occupied the pool and kept most of the beds that could have been taken by backpackers. But ofcourse that's not the case usually. Great hostel!

This hostel gave us the WORST room. If you get room 201, don't accept it. The shower doesn't drain- we told reception about it and othing was done- and the room doesn'thave air conditionning or wi-fi access. The morning sun beats down on the windows so you can't leave them open, but if you leave them closed the room becomes a sauna. Talking with other guests we realized that other rooms were much better than ours and they had a much better stay. The restaurant was great and so was the pool!

« first « Prev 1 2 3