Equity Point Marrakech Reviews

80 Derb El Hammam; Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco

Equity Point is not the cheapest but definitely one of the best Riads in Marrakech. It is located in the heart of the medina and the main square Djemaa El Fna is only a 5minutes walk away. The dorm room was clean and had very comfortable and thick mattresses. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They really care about their guests. One of the staff members even went out to party with us, which was really cool. Breakfast is included and they even have a pool as well as a big rooftop terrace.

Beautiful hostel with an amazing terrace filled with quiet nooks for relaxing and drinking in the atmosphere. Easy to find from the main square.

For sure one of the best hostels I've been, it is gorgeous inside, the staff was very nice at all times and although it's a bit hard to find your way there, it's well located, in the heart of the old town.

We had a great stay at Equity point – probably the best value for money I had at a hostel. Great staff, beautiful place, nice atmosphere and really friendly and helpful staff. Apart from that some of the lockers in the dormitories were broken, there really was nothing to complain about. Go there! :)

Best hostel I stayed in in Marrakesh, superb beds and bathrooms, nice pool and sunny beds, one minor downside the birds at breakfast

Great Hostel, very friendly staff. Great choice of day trips from Marrakesh as well. Beautiful buildings with many rooms and many rooftops, I had a very enjoyable stay.

Great hostel right in the centre of the Medina, around a 7 minute walk from Jemaa el fna. The walk to the hostel can be a little confusing at first as it is through the Souk but, once you get your bearings, it's incredibly lively! Hostel staff were friendly and accommodating with trips out of Marrakech on offer at the front desk. Excellent roof terrace and courtyard with pool if you need a few hours of downtime. My friend and I would highly recommend for anyone wanting to stay in the Medina

• 14th Nov 2015

The location of the hostel was hard to find, but the experience of staying at a Riad was very cool.

We had a wonderful stay at Equity Point. Staff was very nice and always helpful. The location was perfect, right in the center of Medina. Rooms were clean and the terraces were very pleasant. I recommend 100%!!

The male staff member was less than helpful. Incompetent of doing his job. The most rude receptionist I have ever come across. Wifi is terrible. Over priced for what you get. Look elsewhere.

Equity point seems to be more a hotel-like hostel than a hostel. so you shouldn't get there with differenr expecations. the facilities are gorgeous with a great pool. everything is super clean and beautiful. the rooftop is great for hanging out and enjoying the sun. but there is no athmosphere. people rather stay with themselves and the staff is at the reception and never hangs out with the guests. you have to even sign a consent form for the house rules and after 9 the pool is closed.

Its a Shame that the breakfast is really poor. Everything else PERFECT!

An excellent riad hostel in the heart of the medina.100% recommended if only for the pool!

It was okay but the rooms aren't worth 12 euro a night. You can pay half that for a decent riad in the Medina. I think you pay extra for the pool. I was woken all night because of the light in he room and the creaky doors.

Great hostel, awesome pool and chill area which is nice after you've been walking around the souks. Service in the restaurant could be better. We found a hair in our meal 😳 The Sahara Desert tour was below expectations; 10+ hours per day in a cramped hot mini van only to get to the "desert" which was by the road. Didn't feel very authentic. Also, think twice about doing a camel ride. The camels seemed extremely scared of the guides and they had scars all over them :-(

Honestly I had the eggs benedict everyday for 4 days. I would pay to stay here just to access the eggs benedict. The pool is top

Very nice hostel, helpful, friendly staff, good location, great roof terrace

• 14th Sep 2015

A++ Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Perfect central location, with great instructions to find it! Good pool and top balcony to chill and watch the sun set! The breakfast wasn't the best but its definitely bearable if you're only staying for a few days! Wifi is solid enough.

Be very careful with your key deposit. I saw two girls ahead of me leaving without their key deposit because "Hostel" system shows they already checked out. The staff told me the exact same thing that their system shows we already checked out which doesn't make any sense. I had to fight to get my deposit back. They need a better system for managing key deposits. Other than that great location, pool is really good at the hostel. Wifi works sometimes, food is expensive at the hostel, eat at square

Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at. + SWIMMING POOL! + Great bar and terrace areas and they serve alcohol! ;-) + HUGE hostel! Very spacious and beautifully decorated. Lots of different types of common areas to chill and meet other travellers. Labyrinths of rooms and corridors. Really fantastic!