Equity Point Marrakech Reviews

80 Derb El Hammam; Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco

Apparently you need to have BOTH the room key and receipt to get back the key deposit and we were not told this during check in. The front desk was unsympathetic even though we gave our key back and gave a weak excuse that they don't charge everyone for a key deposit... 2nd it was off putting that there were always local men lurking outside the hostel door. other than the previous, we had a nice stay. the pool was great, roof-top was wonderful, and the bar staff upstairs were really friendly.

The best hostel I never try

The only hostel in marrakech that I would ever feel comfortable staying in. The facilities make it feel like it's a resort, and the airport service is key for late night or early morning flights. The staff are awesome and the rooftop terrace is absolutely amazing.

The only problem is that it's down a dark dingy alley. I would pay a local to help me find it the first time otherwise ye'll be lost for hours! It's beautiful there though like an oasis!

• 20th Apr 2014

Excellent stay. A nice place to chill.

amazing hostel, probably one of the nicest hostels i have ever stayed in. very luxurious. you get a pool and a nice terrace, you could stay and relax here all day. they even have a bar and restaurant although it is much pricier than what you can get on the streets (pricey by morocco standards). the staff was very helpful and friendly, one staff member we met named sam was really cool and had a lot of good advice. one problem was that in our room 2 of the lockers were blocked by the beds

Nice place. Don't expect a good night's sleep though. The bar and size of the place meant there was noise until late and then it started again early. I think partly sound just travels really badly in the building. Great if you're there to party. Not so great for resting and relaxing.

• 13th Apr 2014

Do not stay at this hostel! This was the worst hostel experience I have ever had and I have stayed in a lot of hostels. I have never had so many issues with a hostel or hotel before. My original booking was for 3 nights, but I ended up leaving before the last night because the management was so awful. They kept switching my room (even late at night) because they kept putting me in the wrong ones. One night they didn't have a key for my locker. Rooms are dirty and smell bad. MANAGERS NOT FRIENDLY

• 12th Apr 2014

This was perfect for my stay. Highly recommended.

• 5th Apr 2014

The environment of the hostel was very amazing, the structure of the bedrooms and living areas as well. If returned to Marrakesh for sure stay again staying at the hostel!

Absoloutely great hostel, clean spacious and right in the centre of everything.

Hard to find, a few signs would be necessary. Nice place, a little too big. Very clean. Nice restaurant at the roof , nice staff. And you get beer :) Arrogant, unfriendly staff at the reception.

Great Hostel!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Our stay at the hostel would have been great if it wasn't for the last day that I was ripped off. I arranged with the hostel management for a taxi early in the morning to take me to the airport for 170 MAD. It sounded really expensive but they said it it was because it was early in the morning, otherwise a normal price for a taxi would have been 120-150 MAD. In the morning the security guard just walked with me to the first random taxi he found and he gave him 100 MAD!! What a shame...

The hostel were not great with communication prior to arrival. We tried to book an airport transfer via them. I supplied our flight details as requested, however they didn't respond to two of my further emails asking for confirmation of the booking. So we booked our own transfer. When we arrived they asked us why we had not used the driver they had booked, whom was still waiting at the airport. I felt bad about this, however it was their error, which was easily preventable.

Such a beautiful hostel in an amazing location. Literally two minutes from the main square. Staff were so friendly and helpful and the airport transfer is a really good deal if there is a few of you. Pool is awesome as is the rooftop for sunbathing. Would highly recommend!!

Huge hostel, reasonably clean though our bathroom shower didn't have a shower curtain so the whole bathroom got flooded every time anyone had a shower. The water was hot though which is good. One of the better Moroccan hostels and I would recommend

booked a twin and was allocated a private 4 bed dorm, which is fine I guess. Just not what we booked.Late night noise needs to be kept under control by a staff on patrol as it wasn't one night at 2am and I had to ask the guests to move away from the pool (quite area) The hotel appears like it had its prime time a few years ago and definitely needs more love and care to get it back to its best appearance. Zachary was excellent and helpful his restaurant tips were spot on. Good staff make it best.

• 8th Mar 2014

As I travelled around Marrakesh I came back to this hostel on 3 occassions over 2 weeks. What an amazing place, more like a hotel than a hostel. Great, friendly staff - especially Nadia and Zakarai (but all the others that I didn't learn their names too). I can imagine on a hot summers day a dip in the pool would be wonderful. Only 5 mins walk from Jemaa El Fna and the souq's and a great adventure down the narrow alleyways to get there. If the wifi ain't working - go outside and experience!

1 2 3 Next » last »