Equity Point New York @ Times Square Reviews

206 West 41st Street (between 7th and 8th Ave.), New York, New York, USA

Our room was a bit "run down" (carpet, bath tub), but still fit-for-purpose. ;-) Oh, and all the construction work going on next door went on until around midnight, so noise level was rather high...

If you are looking for a very good location (times square): this is the place. However, for 2 days there was no hot water to take a shower (it is cold now -- beginning of April). Advice from the clerk was to SPEND water for 15 minutes and wait for the hot water from the boiler (there was almost 30 and nothing). I have read in a previous post this hot water problem is frequent, and I can confirm now, and it seems they don't want to solve.

Great location. Clean room. Cheapest place in the center of Times Square!

My stay at Equity Point was great. The room was clean and warm, it was in a fantastic location, and the staff was very helpful with any questions I had. The fact that there was a free breakfast and unlimited wifi was a huge bonus. My only issue was that I had to let the hot water run for about 10 minutes before it was warm enough to shower in. Overall, a great experience.

Probably one of the best hostels out there

• 25th Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The beds were slightly uncomfortable, and they are very strict about bringing guests into the rooms. Additionally, breakfast was just Cheerios, and they stop letting you eat exactly at 10:00, so don't try to mosey on down at 10:05 and expect anything! The internet on their computers sucked, but the common areas were nice and cozy. And the location is just one block from dozens of shops, and a great bakery (Paris Baguette). Also very close to Times Square.

• 12th Jan 2014

Great location !!!!

A prime location in Midtown Manhattan, just off of Times Square and across from the subway. Staff was the most kind and helpful. I rented a 3 bed private room because nothing else was available, but at $35 a bed, this is an incredible deal for NYC. My air units were not working correctly my first night, but the next morning I simply asked and they fixed it immediately. I never had time to visit the bar (interview & career business), but it's garnered towards Spanish-speaking party lovers!

Good place, right in Time Square. Small and cute, but not a very lively atmosphere. Good place just for sleeping and heading out to explore on your own.

It was an amazing experience! The best about this hostel is its location, for sure. Almost everywhere in NYC is walkable from there. It is super clean, the staff was always gentle and kind and the atmosfere was lovely. Next time in NYC for sure I´ll be hosted there.

• 25th Dec 2013

This is my first ever review and I am very well travelled. First of all this is a great location! And very good value for money BUT it was boring as! I stayed there over christmas including Christmas day and the hostel did nothing in the form of events. If you are out to meet people I would not recommend this hostel at all. If you want a clean, safe and good location only than this is perfect.

The hostel was in a good location, although Times Square gets old really quick. It's so noisy outside, the city literally never sleeps. Our shower was HORRIBLE. We had some friends staying at a hotel close so we used theirs instead. The staff were lovely, often helped us with directions and spots to go. The common room was always empty, not a really fun youth hostel, but it did the job I guess.

• 20th Dec 2013

The staff on the front desk were not very welcoming on arrival, especially being in a new city. They were not very responsive during the day and provided little or no information to our surroundings or regarding tourist attractions. Which was a shame.

• 30th Nov 2013

Water was little dirty. Its color was gray. And heat system was not working. Except them, it was very comfortable and quiet

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • South Korea

good place, kind of expensive. great location.

It is located at a very strategic point which very near to subway and Times Square (2 minutes walk). Provide free breakfast.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

This is THE place to stay in N.Y. Very clean, safe and peaceful facility. Complimentary breakfast included, has a bar, cheap drinks after 5 p.m., happy hour included. We stayed in the private room with our own bathroom. Comes with linen and blankets, everything was clean. Bathroom had shower as well bathtub, they clean it every day. Public parking on every corner from this place. All tourist attractions within walking distance, subway on every corner as well.

A perfect stay. Really nice staff.

• 28th Oct 2013