Equity Point New York @ Times Square Reviews

206 West 41st Street (between 7th and 8th Ave.), New York, New York, USA

Great hostel! Definitely would stay there again if I was visiting NYC on a budget! Location cannot get much better! Right beside the train station and right in Times Square! Staff were awesome, stayed during thanksgiving and the breakfast was pretty good too!

I had a great time and met nice people at the Hostel.

8 people in a room will share a bathroom and the location is excellent, just near the subway station. You can walk to time square and 7th avenue. I love it.

• 21st Nov 2012
  • China

Great location. More like a hotel with shared rooms than a hostel but people staying there were all very friendly. Some staff were extremely rude but most were excellent. More secure luggage storage would be a gret improvement. Would stay there again.

• 20th Nov 2012

the hostel was perfect for me... i wanted to do lots of stuff without using the subway... if you stay at equitypoint you can do exactly this!! i was surprised how quiet the rooms were! no loud noice at all! the rooms were clean and so was the b athroom.. there is a safe for you in the room with code, so no worries about leaving your passport there... the breakfast is delicious.. fruits, bagels, cornflakes, coffee, tea...what do you want more? definitely will come back!

Lovely place, sadly it was a little disorganised, would have been nice if the luggage storage felt a little more secure. I would definitely consider staying here again due to the great location and it was nice. One room, the beds were really squeaky (I tend to toss and turn, so felt awful if I disturbed peoples sleep). The other room had the bunkbeds which were pretty trickey to get into even for a reasonably agile 24 year old due to not having a ladder. Breakfast was basic but sufficent.

Just what I expected.

I got a private room with a private bath. The location was amazing and super easy to find. I have stayed many places in NYC and now that I have found this, I will most likely stay here for my next visit. The room was small but worth the price!

This was one of the best hostels I ever stayed. The best point of it: it's placed near Times Square and the most important avenues. Staying in rooms with a lot of people can be a bit annoying - the bathroom won't be so clean, some people will sleep early and you can't make noise when you arrive late night. But if you share a private room w/a friend, it's just like a hotel, but way cheaper. Lobby and bar are awesome. Internet doesn't work at the highest floors.

• 18th Nov 2012

Rooms are very small but it was easy to meet people. Cool hostel.

Besides of excellent staff, atmosphere, and cleanliness, this hostel is located exactly on the heart of Manhattan, right on Times Square. I am already planning my next trip to NYC, and for sure, this will be the place I will stay. I did go and I do recommend!

• 17th Nov 2012

Everything was fine until 2 days later when I came to the room someone had thrown my stuff all over the carpet. I went to the front desk a big guy told me I should be in bed 2 in stead of 1. I showed him the key card but he immediately used a pen to change bed 1 to 2 and told me I must move! This was the most ridiculous thing I've ever met and he didn't even give an apologize! Plus the smaller-than-twin-size bed and the dirty bathroom, I would never live there, nor use this website. 2 dsapnting.

• China

There were no laundry facilities. The room was tiny, with no lockers just small safes. There were no tours, or activities. And after a while you realise Times Square isn't everything it's cracked up to.

• night

Perfect location (times square), but very quiet. Breakfast has everything you will need (milk, coffee, hot chocolate, bagels, toast, jam, cream cheese, butter, fruits, yogurt). Staff are very nice. There is a small locker in the room (not for suitcase). The 8 bed room was very clean and big enough. Would definetly recommend.

The hostel was clean, had good breakfast and the location was perfect! I could definitely recommend this hostel to others.

Having ensuites in the room is great but depending on your dorm mates can be inconvenient. There is not a communal bathroom (there are toilets but they are on the ground floor) so you have no choice but to wait for your dorm mates to finish

Location is perfect, at Times Square. Staff was very helpfull all the times that I needed them. Bedroom is very small, hard when you have big lugagge. Breakfast is average.

Considering that I look for the best hostel in NYC I must say that I was quite disappointed. The bedroom was tiny and the beds kinda hard. They were covered with a plastic and they give you the sheets at the front desk when you check in. No problem with that, just the plastic was a bit strange. NThe shower was very weak and the water splashed everywhere, so I gave up to the idea of washing my hair. No kitchen, I tried to warm some leftovers one day and was not allowed. Bad ventilation!

• 14th Nov 2012
  • Sweden

great hostel, location was fantastic!!!! Would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to stay on abit of a budget in NY.

A very good place to stay.