Equity Point New York @ Times Square Reviews

206 West 41st Street (between 7th and 8th Ave.), New York, USA

great location. though for one night, i had a great time at Equity Point NY.

Working the heating system was a bit of a drag since it was slow to have ventilating throughout the entire room but, even with a single sheet as a blanket, it was cold. The room was spacious (and yet rather empty and plain in a sense) and clean, well-laid out for a three-bed dorm. The shower took a while to get the water heated. Was expecting a bit of soap to be provided but, ended up buying my own. Breakfast was mediocre but plentiful. Friendly staff. Very, very convenient location for transit

• 13th Dec 2012

very dissapointing! We arrived at 7am and had to wait till 2pm to check which is fine but at 2.30 we were told that we had to find new accomodation as the hoel had not passed inspection. Very dissapointing!!

It was my first stay at this hostel. Located smack dab in the center of New York city. The best spot for a place to stay since it was close to several metro stations. But the downside is, i booked for 3 nights and i don't even get the second night since everyone in the dorm asked to leave by the hostel but good thing they refund the costs. It's just a shame that we should have been staying there for 3 pleasant nights, but we don't.

• 11th Dec 2012
  • Indonesia

i hate this place!! never mine!!

Great location. Pleasant room, although a bit tight fitting everyone's bag when all four beds were filled. The ensuite was convienent & was kept clean by staff daily. If hostel arranged daily or nightly activities it would have made meeting people to share the New York experience better. Ie. HI NY I stayed at previously had fantastic activities. They also had much better rates but I pick Equity for its location on friends recommendation & definitely agree the location is superb.

Actually it was good, but it ruined my journey all of the sudden. I had to be evacuated without being informed in advance. I had a hard time to find another hostel with female dorm. I got refunded but that was all. I will give it the lowest point.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience. Just that the I felt it was a bit pricey, but still highly recommendable. I enjoyed my stay here. Plus the location is just too perfect.

• 8th Dec 2012
  • India

overall we had a good experience. however, we booked 3 private rooms in june for our december trip. when we arrived we were told that even though we had printed confirmations, not all of the rooms we booked were available. only one of the rooms that we booked was available. the others were stuck in a multi-person room with bunk beds and a private room, but not the type that was booked and paid for. not sure if we would use this hostel again.

• 7th Dec 2012

The Hostel is great and the staff, in special Carlos (el Barcelonés), very friendly and helpful. Also, location is amazing ;)

Excellent staff! I was upgraded to a dorm with fewer beds so i could stay in the same dorm during my whole stay. The Spanish guy was super nice, and they were all very helpful. TOP NOTCH LOCATION! I got to do such many things per day thanks to the amazing accessibility and loved the fact that they have security boxes in the dorms. The only thing that was missing for me was activities and a kitchen, but we had a fridge in our dorm. All in all, it is great value for your money.

Clean, safe, above avarage breakfast for a hostel, excellent location. Cozy rooms with carpet and shared bathroom in good condition.

Excelent Hotel the best place in NYC you have all the subway lines at the corner!

4 bed rooms are very small. You'd better take the 6 or 8 bed rooms.

Best place to know people in NYC. Unbealiable Localization!

• 29th Nov 2012

We were a little sketchy about staying at a hostel in New York but this place was great! Great location, everything was clean and we felt very safe. This is a great way to stay in New York for not a lot of money. Definitly recommend!

• 29th Nov 2012

This is the partiest hostel I've ever visited. The common areas are full of people at any time, all of them with a party attitude. It can be a little noisy at the corridors, but not to worry. The 4 bed dorms have in suite bathroom but they are quite small. Anyway, the location is great, very near to Times Square.

The best part of this hostel is its location, just a few steps from Times Square. Brilliant. Just bear in mind that the price on Hostelworld lacks the taxes, which will be applied at reception. The staff is very helpful although there's very long queues at certain times. Good breakfast. I'd surely go back.

Excellent localization. Inside times square. But the The staff is not friendly. Sometimes they are rude. There is no fridge to put your own food. There is a bar in The lobby and when it closes we can not stay in The lobby anymore. The room and bathroom are very good. There is not a real hostel atmosphere. It feels like a fake hostel. But the localization is unbeatable.

• 28th Nov 2012

GREAT location, friendly staff, basic but clean rooms. Nice connected bar. I would stay here again.