Equity Point New York @ Times Square Reviews

206 West 41st Street (between 7th and 8th Ave.), New York, USA

Unfortunately, not a party hostel, but it's great value for the money. EXCELLENT LOCATION, clean rooms, nice staff, and a decent breakfast included. Great place to crash during your New York adventure :)

this is not an hostel this is an hotel, there is not shared free environments in ehich you can cook or drink whatever you want

• 25th May 2013
  • Argentina

Very good, enjoyed everything from hostel!

Is an average hostel, it could be better. The breakfast doesn´t have too many options. the room had problems with the airconditioner. In general the people was gentle, They dont have grupal activities! Is more like a cheap Hotel than a great hostel! Location excellent.

Great breakfast, clean and spacious room, unbeatable location and quiet. I was impressed!!

Very helpful staff and the location can't be beaten. I will stay there again ;)

Great location, easy to reach and to go out, safe, clean. Good that the rooms are just for three people.

Great location, right next to Times Square and the metro which means you can go literally everywhere. Hostel is clean and everything is provided with a good free breakfast. The only thing was that, as I am travelling alone, I rely a lot on activities to meet people, which sadly this hostel hardly provided. There was a club crawl one night which I couldn't attend, but no day activities, nothing else really and no one socialised, which put a bit of a downer on my stay as I met no one.

The location was great- rooms were good- only three to a room though- hate to be travelling in a group of four. The main issue is there is no sense of hostel/community. That might be great for some people but if your looking for the adventure of meeting new people this isnt the place. They had social activities- but these werent mentioned by the people at the front desk and I only found out there was a pub crawl the next day after seeing a tiny poster pinned to a wall.

• 21st May 2013

Great place to stay in New York, staff were helpful, free wi-fi, breakfast and luggage storage were a huge plus too! I had booked this hostel many months in advance and did not realise until I checked out that I had not been given the room I booked (12 bed dorm)instead I was put in a 4 bed (and charged 8 dollars extra per night!) I did not like how they did not draw my attention to this fact when I checked in.

• 18th May 2013

I really recommend this hostel! People there are nice and the location is perfect.

Very good

Excellent location for visit touristic places. And a comfortable place to stay (bed and bathroom).

Our group had 3 people in a 3 person room with an ensuite bathroom. It was just like a hotel room, which in Times Square is nearly impossible to come by at a reasonable price. The room was quite spacious, and the common area downstairs had a great feel. The breakfast was a nice addition, too.

Since they have a very good location they don't care about the rest. If you are searching a place to sleep this is a good hostel. But dont expect the great atmosphere and a helpful staff that we are used in Europe. Hope that you guys put Thiago ( a portuguese guy) as a manager, maybe he can teach how a real Hostel works, and how a staff should act with travelers.

• 8th May 2013
  • Portugal

Pros: Free breakfast, secure electronic combination locks, location, existence of rooms with only 3 beds. Rooms/beds good. Quiet despite central location! Free breakfast and evening lounge meant it's easier to socialize. They hold your bags for free before/after checkin. Staff helpful. Cons: If only the lockers were bigger or more. Also, checkout is too early (10 am) Summary: Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. A bit expensive but I think it's worth it. Would definitely stay again!

our room was a three bed room, it was a very big room with a lot of empty unused spaces, the beds were not so comfortable but they were ok! the bathroom did not have AC which was not good. we stayed on 2d floor and we could hear the sound of music from the Bar at thebasement, so I had to put a earplug to sleep, there is a nice bar there at the hostel if anyone like to spend time on a bar it' was a good choice! I liked the breakfast, it had almost every thing, I realy liked fruit yogurt!

Location was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We booked the three bed mixed dorm shared bathroom. Thought it was a communal bathroom but was actually private ensuites which was great. Would definitely be coming back :)

The only bad thing was that the music was loud all night and you could hear it very well from the room.

• 2nd May 2013
  • Finland

They should just fix the floor. I could hear each step on the hallway. But nice hosel at all.