Equity Point New York @ Times Square Reviews

206 West 41st Street (between 7th and 8th Ave.), New York, New York, USA

Very good

Excellent location for visit touristic places. And a comfortable place to stay (bed and bathroom).

Our group had 3 people in a 3 person room with an ensuite bathroom. It was just like a hotel room, which in Times Square is nearly impossible to come by at a reasonable price. The room was quite spacious, and the common area downstairs had a great feel. The breakfast was a nice addition, too.

Since they have a very good location they don't care about the rest. If you are searching a place to sleep this is a good hostel. But dont expect the great atmosphere and a helpful staff that we are used in Europe. Hope that you guys put Thiago ( a portuguese guy) as a manager, maybe he can teach how a real Hostel works, and how a staff should act with travelers.

• 8th May 2013
  • Portugal

Pros: Free breakfast, secure electronic combination locks, location, existence of rooms with only 3 beds. Rooms/beds good. Quiet despite central location! Free breakfast and evening lounge meant it's easier to socialize. They hold your bags for free before/after checkin. Staff helpful. Cons: If only the lockers were bigger or more. Also, checkout is too early (10 am) Summary: Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. A bit expensive but I think it's worth it. Would definitely stay again!

our room was a three bed room, it was a very big room with a lot of empty unused spaces, the beds were not so comfortable but they were ok! the bathroom did not have AC which was not good. we stayed on 2d floor and we could hear the sound of music from the Bar at thebasement, so I had to put a earplug to sleep, there is a nice bar there at the hostel if anyone like to spend time on a bar it' was a good choice! I liked the breakfast, it had almost every thing, I realy liked fruit yogurt!

Location was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We booked the three bed mixed dorm shared bathroom. Thought it was a communal bathroom but was actually private ensuites which was great. Would definitely be coming back :)

The only bad thing was that the music was loud all night and you could hear it very well from the room.

• 2nd May 2013
  • Finland

They should just fix the floor. I could hear each step on the hallway. But nice hosel at all.

It was a good hostel and it was near Times Square, a super location! I would stay there the next time in NY again! I recommend it!

shower water was often cold

• 30th Apr 2013

super location, friendly staff, acceptable breakfast

• 28th Apr 2013

very good location and the rooms are clean

• 27th Apr 2013
  • Thailand

I am travelling solo (female) stayed in a 3 bed mixed dorm. I loved this Hostel, when I first walked in it felt like a hotel. It was clean, the staff are friendly and the breakfast was decent (toast,cereal, fruit and tea&coffee facilities) location was perfect if you are new to NYC. One block from Times Square and not far from Broadway. I have never been to NYC, but when I return this is the place I will stay. Thank you :)

This hostel is worth staying at for one main reason: location. You walk down the street for 30 seconds and you're in Times Square. Also, free breakfast is basic but sufficient. Also, it felt more like a hotel than a hostel but I personally liked that. Overall, a good place.

Lovely location, midtown so within fair distance of all the tourist attractions. Would definitely recommend it. My only complaint was the loud air conditioning in the room for the first two nights of my stay.

• 26th Apr 2013
  • South Africa

Pretty good hostel! Very good location! Decent breakfast

• 26th Apr 2013
  • Belarus

One of the best hostels I've ever been to!! I would definitely recommend it. Location is perfect...Times Square is in a walking distance, friendly staff - the reception guy from Russia is great - good shower, cleanliness is excellent as well. The only thing is that the breakfast is not that good.

Zum bei hostelworld angegebenen preis kommen noch gut 50$ steuern 3$ Gebühr pro Nacht dazu. Es ist also nochmal ein gutes Stück teurer als angegeben. Aber die location ist natürlich top. Das mit dem Preis sollte man allerdings vorher wissen.

One of the best hostels i ever be in. Great location, good breakfast, very clean. Only one bad thing, no kitchen. its THE hostel in NYC!