Equity Point New York @ Times Square Reviews

206 West 41st Street (between 7th and 8th Ave.), New York, USA

Reviews about the hostel seemed good, which is why I booked it. I was looking for something close to the theaters because I wanted to see a few shows while I was in NYC. What I got was a disgusting room in a great location with okay staff. There was mold all over in the shower. The shower head was broken and only a mist would come out. The carpet was gross. The window wouldn't shut all the way. Spend less money and stay a bit further away in a nicer place. This was the worst hostel I've been to.

• 2nd Mar 2013

OMG... I'm so glad I booked this hostel... It's perfect.... Everything there is perfect.... They help us with information, the location is few steps from Times Square, they have breakfast... everything is perfect and for sure I'll be back there....

Location is absolutely excellent. It is new and clean. Dorms are small and with hotel-like keys. Each bunk bed has a safe, but no lockers.

Just wow. I wasn't expecting such a safe, nice, clean and comfy place for that price at this superb location.

• 1st Mar 2013

Equity point felt like it should be slightly more like a hotel for the price i paid. However, it offered good factilities. You received free breakfast until 10am. It was 2 blocks away from time square itself. Right acoss the road was the subway in all directions and there was a walgreens one block up from it as well. The staff were helpful and friendly. I definitely recommend staying here , it's close to all your needs.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Equity Point! The location is AMAZING. Literally steps from Time Square. I was tickeled pink when I discovered that Newsies was being performed RIGHT NEXT DOOR!!! *hearts*. The bathroom in my room was spotless, and the linens smelled so fresh. The decor of Equity Point is super groovy as well. I needed direction to an earlier morning audition, members of the staff not only gave me direction, but also recommended the safest way to travel at such an early hour!

• 16th Feb 2013

I thank the hostel for the great service and for bumping me up to a private room. It was a totally uncomplicated stay and I´ll try to book my next trip to NYC with you..!

Good location. Good lobby, Good internet access

• 3rd Feb 2013
  • Hungary

The location of the hostel is good, you can take subway and taxi with facility. The staff of the hostel are very cool and polite and gave to me all the informations that I needed. I think they didn't clean the floor (with carpet) and it was the worse part, because I'm allergic and I got sick.

• 2nd Feb 2013

The staff was very helpful and had great recommendations. The hostel has a fun atmosphere and is very social. There is a theater next door and we were able to get cheap tickets last minute. Overall a great experience!

• 2nd Feb 2013

It was my 4th or 5th time here, first in a 3 beds dorm, and I can't honestly find anything to complain about! Oh, yes: they should add power outlets and improve the showers, but other than that it's just a great place to stay!!

Great location, very clean rooms. I'm not usually interested in staying in Timessquare when visiting NYC but out of the 5 or so hostels i have stayed in NYC this is the BEST! Don't bother with uptown ones. Only concern is rooms are a bit cozy but to be expected in the city.

The best location you can get.

Unhelpful nasty female staff member at front desk. Other staff ok. Bathrooms need cleaning (mould). No organised activities for travelers. Has great potential but needs better management who know how to run a hostel.

Hostel very well located nearby to Times Square and metro stations. Nice rooms/acommodations, internet and breakfast. Just atmosphere is not happy as expected, it's more a hotel than hostel

Best value for money in NYC. Good breakfast, good internet, nice and helpful staff, best location. Only downs no window and hard to meet people out of the room.

Nice and helpful stuff, nice breakfast, amazing location, and most important - one of the cleanest hostels I have seen. Definitely recommended!

The location was perfect - directly opposite the subway with lot of attractions within walking distance (e.g. Empire State, Rockefeller, Central Park). Clean rooms and very good breakfast. Only negative is that it's very unsocial, with no organised activities and deserted communal areas/bar (even on Friday and Saturday nights).

• 19th Jan 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. Mostly because of the location, it's perfect. Next to Times Square, bus station not even a block away. Even Grand Central isn't that far away. Rooms are small, and a bit uncomfortable when staying as a girl with one guy at the room. Breakfast is poor, some yogurt, cereal, plain bread, creamcheese, water and coffee...but better than nothing. Everything is clean and new, big pro! Def stay here next time, will just book on time for a female dorm...

• 18th Jan 2013

Impossible to get a better location. Decent breakfast. Great value for the money.