Equity Point New York @ Times Square Reviews

206 West 41st Street (between 7th and 8th Ave.), New York, USA

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Equity Point! The location is AMAZING. Literally steps from Time Square. I was tickeled pink when I discovered that Newsies was being performed RIGHT NEXT DOOR!!! *hearts*. The bathroom in my room was spotless, and the linens smelled so fresh. The decor of Equity Point is super groovy as well. I needed direction to an earlier morning audition, members of the staff not only gave me direction, but also recommended the safest way to travel at such an early hour!

• 16th Feb 2013

I thank the hostel for the great service and for bumping me up to a private room. It was a totally uncomplicated stay and I´ll try to book my next trip to NYC with you..!

Good location. Good lobby, Good internet access

• 3rd Feb 2013
  • Hungary

The location of the hostel is good, you can take subway and taxi with facility. The staff of the hostel are very cool and polite and gave to me all the informations that I needed. I think they didn't clean the floor (with carpet) and it was the worse part, because I'm allergic and I got sick.

• 2nd Feb 2013

The staff was very helpful and had great recommendations. The hostel has a fun atmosphere and is very social. There is a theater next door and we were able to get cheap tickets last minute. Overall a great experience!

• 2nd Feb 2013

It was my 4th or 5th time here, first in a 3 beds dorm, and I can't honestly find anything to complain about! Oh, yes: they should add power outlets and improve the showers, but other than that it's just a great place to stay!!

Great location, very clean rooms. I'm not usually interested in staying in Timessquare when visiting NYC but out of the 5 or so hostels i have stayed in NYC this is the BEST! Don't bother with uptown ones. Only concern is rooms are a bit cozy but to be expected in the city.

The best location you can get.

Unhelpful nasty female staff member at front desk. Other staff ok. Bathrooms need cleaning (mould). No organised activities for travelers. Has great potential but needs better management who know how to run a hostel.

Hostel very well located nearby to Times Square and metro stations. Nice rooms/acommodations, internet and breakfast. Just atmosphere is not happy as expected, it's more a hotel than hostel

Best value for money in NYC. Good breakfast, good internet, nice and helpful staff, best location. Only downs no window and hard to meet people out of the room.

Nice and helpful stuff, nice breakfast, amazing location, and most important - one of the cleanest hostels I have seen. Definitely recommended!

The location was perfect - directly opposite the subway with lot of attractions within walking distance (e.g. Empire State, Rockefeller, Central Park). Clean rooms and very good breakfast. Only negative is that it's very unsocial, with no organised activities and deserted communal areas/bar (even on Friday and Saturday nights).

• 19th Jan 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. Mostly because of the location, it's perfect. Next to Times Square, bus station not even a block away. Even Grand Central isn't that far away. Rooms are small, and a bit uncomfortable when staying as a girl with one guy at the room. Breakfast is poor, some yogurt, cereal, plain bread, creamcheese, water and coffee...but better than nothing. Everything is clean and new, big pro! Def stay here next time, will just book on time for a female dorm...

• 18th Jan 2013

Impossible to get a better location. Decent breakfast. Great value for the money.

A vending machine or two would be really handy for guests!

I thought it was crowded in the tiny rooms. The top bunk mattress was worn out and the bed was sagging. Good location through! A place to crash.

Top location just near Times Square & is clean & safe. Other than that, not much going for it. Rooms are expensive because it's NYC, but they are tiny. Not a good culture - there's the downstairs bar and that's it, no other activities which are easily available to guests. Computers are hot&cold and you aren't allowed to use USB ports or print - quite poor for a travellers' hostel really. Staff friendly, polite. Overall, struggles to get a pass mark - great location may just get it over the line.

Best Hostel ever! Clean dorms and modern bathrooms. Verry good breakfast.

Great location, next to Times Square! Fair price, considering NYC is so expensive for lodging. Loved the in-room safe. As long as I cannot afford the Waldorf, I will definitely stay here whenever I go back to NYC

• 2nd Jan 2013