Equity Point New York @ Times Square Reviews

206 West 41st Street (between 7th and 8th Ave.), New York, New York, USA

Best value for money in NYC. Good breakfast, good internet, nice and helpful staff, best location. Only downs no window and hard to meet people out of the room.

Nice and helpful stuff, nice breakfast, amazing location, and most important - one of the cleanest hostels I have seen. Definitely recommended!

The location was perfect - directly opposite the subway with lot of attractions within walking distance (e.g. Empire State, Rockefeller, Central Park). Clean rooms and very good breakfast. Only negative is that it's very unsocial, with no organised activities and deserted communal areas/bar (even on Friday and Saturday nights).

• 19th Jan 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. Mostly because of the location, it's perfect. Next to Times Square, bus station not even a block away. Even Grand Central isn't that far away. Rooms are small, and a bit uncomfortable when staying as a girl with one guy at the room. Breakfast is poor, some yogurt, cereal, plain bread, creamcheese, water and coffee...but better than nothing. Everything is clean and new, big pro! Def stay here next time, will just book on time for a female dorm...

• 18th Jan 2013

Impossible to get a better location. Decent breakfast. Great value for the money.

A vending machine or two would be really handy for guests!

I thought it was crowded in the tiny rooms. The top bunk mattress was worn out and the bed was sagging. Good location through! A place to crash.

Top location just near Times Square & is clean & safe. Other than that, not much going for it. Rooms are expensive because it's NYC, but they are tiny. Not a good culture - there's the downstairs bar and that's it, no other activities which are easily available to guests. Computers are hot&cold and you aren't allowed to use USB ports or print - quite poor for a travellers' hostel really. Staff friendly, polite. Overall, struggles to get a pass mark - great location may just get it over the line.

Best Hostel ever! Clean dorms and modern bathrooms. Verry good breakfast.

Great location, next to Times Square! Fair price, considering NYC is so expensive for lodging. Loved the in-room safe. As long as I cannot afford the Waldorf, I will definitely stay here whenever I go back to NYC

• 2nd Jan 2013
  • Mexico

Its the best Hostel I've ever been. It doesn´t look like an hostel, it looks like a brand new hotel. I loved the decoration, and the Location can´t be better, at Times Square. Just a few steps from the Subway and the bus station. Really nice to see almos all the staff speak Spanish. I will denitely return as soon as i can

It was great to stay there around the new year. Location is excellent, the staff crew was nice, the room was clean and they changed towels every day, it was nice. Breakfast - toast, jam, cheese, cereals, yoghurt - enough. Totally recommend!

• 30th Dec 2012
  • Czech Republic

Had a great stay, loved the comment board in the hall and the breakfast was better than expected! Great staff, very helpful!

• 30th Dec 2012

Location is perfect right at Times Square! Everything is clean, breakfast is good and bathroom is big and nice. I will surely book this hostel again when I visit back NYC.

This hostel had problems with the major city, and had to close several rooms, so when we arrived there, they didnt have a room for me. They sent me to another place, and then to a third place, where I finally could stay in my first night. The staff was not friendly at all, even knowing all the problems they´ve caused, the attendant on the reception was less friendly than a wild bull. Despite of it, the rooms hadn´t any window, it was like a cage. I had no fun at all there, this not a hostel.

• 28th Dec 2012

I was very disappointed with my stay at equity point. This is a hotel - not a hostel. Staff were unable to provide much information about what was going on over the new year period and did not reply to emails sent. I stayed one night and then got moved to a different room the next day. There were two poor boys who had to change rooms at 10am on new years day and were not allowed to check back in until 2pm. Talk about unfair when we were all out partying till the early hours.

• 28th Dec 2012

Arrived after an international flight only to be told they'd rebooked us at Brooklyn hotel. We were very unhappy as we had booked this hostel in September so we could be close to Times Square for NYE. They told us they'd sent an email which I later found had reach my inbox while we were in transit. Given that we were international guests we should of been called personally. They also refused to find us accommodation in Manhattan. We found our own in Lexington. Very disappointing.

• 27th Dec 2012
  • leisar5319

They told me via email two days before arrival in December that they were overbooked and were sending me to another hostel (Jazz on the Park). Please keep in mind I made my reservation in JUNE! The place does not have a kitchen, the showers are small, and the beds are on the small side. Also, the activities are false advertisements. It is not free to get into the clubs. Natalie (the activity girl) will play stupid and eventually disappear, so remember the way home! I didn't stay at Equity.

• 25th Dec 2012

I booked this hostel in early September to stay over Christmas. Three days before we were due to arrive they cancelled our reservation. They relocated us from Times Square, where we had a 4 bed private room in their hostel, to a single hotel room with ONE queen bed and a fold out sofa bed, in the financial district near Wall Street. Despite NUMEROUS emails and explaining to them we are four full grown adults and will not fit in the room, they did not care, and made no effort to help

• 24th Dec 2012

Great location right in Times Square, we only stayed for a night but was very impressed. Great free breakfast, friendly staff. Would recommend.