Equity Point New York @ Times Square Reviews

206 West 41st Street (between 7th and 8th Ave.), New York, USA

Hard to make friends. I'm in NYC, so I'd like the ability to make friends easily and hang out with locals. Bar is ok, but not really cosy.

• 22nd Mar 2013

Very nice hostel in a great location. Breakfast is pretty good as well.

Was a really nice hostel. Traveling the world this hostel definitely has a high standard and the location at times square is amazing. The price is high but it's fair for what you get. The people where nice and very helpful. The rooms are clean and there was enough space. Having an own safe in the room was also very useful. It fitted everything and even notebooks would have gone in there so no worry about your valuables getting stolen. Thanks for the stay.

Definitely qualifies as an "upscale" hostel. Good facilities, location was great. Too bad we didn't stay long enough to really appreciate the place.

• 22nd Mar 2013

it's such a good location and it's clean actually. the sheet and pillow are white colour so that you could see if it's not clean. the toilet is also good as a hostel. i do think i will live there next time to new york.

Very good rooms, good location! I would be back!

Great place overall!

A very well located hostel with a regular price.

Really nice, but very noisy all night which is to be expected with th location, however window didn't appear to close properly which didn't help with th noise level.

• 12th Mar 2013
  • Scotland

The Equity point hostel times square is the best hostel i have ever stayed and i would recconmend it to anyone of my friends travelling to newyork

• 11th Mar 2013

The hostel is great, really close to Times Square and metro stations. Very clean, staff very kind, good breakfast. A little expensive though!

Excellent location!!

the extra tax was a surprise and made my stay more expensive than i expected. location is amazing though and small dorms made it a great stay

• 7th Mar 2013

Great location for all the touristy stuff, clean rooms/bathrooms, Friendly staff, Good bar downstairs for a few drinks to kick off the night and meet fellow travelers, Close to transport. Its a big hostel so has more of a hotel feel to it but ticks all the boxes otherwise.

Great location, very central and close to everything. In general I find NYC to not have that many great and spotless hostels like other cities. This hostel is an acceptable option though. Few things to be aware of and I hope the owners would change. Internet was very slow at times and Youtube was blocked (I thought this is the US, not China). Very inflexible rules around extending the stay, despite having free rooms, they made me vacate, wait 6 hours just to be reassigned a room. Otherwise okay.

• 4th Mar 2013

Reviews about the hostel seemed good, which is why I booked it. I was looking for something close to the theaters because I wanted to see a few shows while I was in NYC. What I got was a disgusting room in a great location with okay staff. There was mold all over in the shower. The shower head was broken and only a mist would come out. The carpet was gross. The window wouldn't shut all the way. Spend less money and stay a bit further away in a nicer place. This was the worst hostel I've been to.

• 2nd Mar 2013

OMG... I'm so glad I booked this hostel... It's perfect.... Everything there is perfect.... They help us with information, the location is few steps from Times Square, they have breakfast... everything is perfect and for sure I'll be back there....

Location is absolutely excellent. It is new and clean. Dorms are small and with hotel-like keys. Each bunk bed has a safe, but no lockers.

Just wow. I wasn't expecting such a safe, nice, clean and comfy place for that price at this superb location.

• 1st Mar 2013

Equity point felt like it should be slightly more like a hotel for the price i paid. However, it offered good factilities. You received free breakfast until 10am. It was 2 blocks away from time square itself. Right acoss the road was the subway in all directions and there was a walgreens one block up from it as well. The staff were helpful and friendly. I definitely recommend staying here , it's close to all your needs.