Equity Point Sea Reviews

Plaza del Mar, 1-4, Barcelona, Spain

Couldn't have asked for a better location. Walking out the front door right to the sea was perfect! Also walking distance to many restaurants, historical sites, metro station and night life. Definitely check out the "made-by-locals" map, helpful info and even gives discounts to local business. The front desk staff was also incredible - so kind and more than willing to help you navigate BCN! Highly recommend this spot.

Definitely paying for the location! Hostel was dirty and quite basic. It says 6 bed room but the walls between each room don't connect to the roof so you can be disturbed by people in the other rooms. Recommend it for two nights so you can leave your valuables in the room and have a care free day on the beach.

More similar to a carcel than an hostel. It is a pity because the position is good. If you need to sleep few hours in the night, better don't choose this hostel. This is 1 of the many reasons for wich we will never go there again...

The only good thing about the hostel was the location! For its facilities and cleanliness the hostel was highly overpriced. On arrival you are only given 1 bedsheet to sleep with rather than a sheet to sleep on and a sheet to use as a blanket. This would've been fine if it hadn't been for the fact that the bedsheet provided was dirty and full of stains. Security seemed ok until the girls in our dorm claimed that some of their stuff had been stolen.

DO NOT STAY HERE When we saw the location we thought this hostel would be great for us, after not sleeping for 6 nights I regretted this decision. This is not very cheap for a hostel especially if you are paying for a 9 bed (or less) dorm, the walls separating the dorms are not complete this means that any light or noise in any of the rooms is essentially in your room. It is not a 9 bed room but more a 34 bed. Reception did little to help us. Breakfast is average. Not worth the location at all

Some of the Staff members really need an attitude overhaul, there was one in particular- however the rest were very accomodating and friendly.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

great location , rooms without luxury but well accommodated and air conditioning.

This hostel is okay as long as you need a place to sleep. The location is definitely very good. However, in my room, the shower did not work properly and the air conditionning was very strong. Except this little aspects, I was disappointed about the atmosphere there. Some activity, as an aperitif time or some organised tours would be nice (especially for the lonely travellers as I was). It was very boring compared to some hostel I stayed in the past.

• 26th Jul 2015

Great location! A little run down for the price. But you're definitely paying to be on the beach. Difficult with only one bathroom for 7 people.

Brilliant location, right on the beach !

Really good location that cannot be beat. When I walked into the lobby and saw the location of the hostel I asked the front desk, 'well what's the catch?', since the price is so cheap as well. The catch is that the sleeping quarters are not the best, the beds are the least comfortable beds that I have been in yet, and they make a tremendous amount of noise with the smallest movement. The 'clean' bedsheet that was given to me definately had a love stain on it too. With that said, good bathroom facility.

This hostel had an AMAZING location and great staff. The rooms and breakfast were average. Wifi worked well.

• 11th Jul 2015

The beds offer a sense of privacy, as the ones I saw were enclosed. The bathroom despite being used by 7 people was easy to keep clean...a nice touch. This hostel offers a restaurant in the lobby, which is convenient but, I rarely at there because of the fine dining just outside along the beach. And, that's just it! It just a hobble to the beach and you can enjoy a swim, and other activities late into the night and simply walk back to your bed. You can walk to other tourist sites.

The bunk I stayed in didn't have an outlet close by at all. Luckily a friend had a portable charger but it made it more difficult to charge my electronics. Also, there was no lamp so I couldn't read or do anything near my bunk. The drain was clogged and there was no place to set anything in the bathroom. A shelf and some hooks would have gone a long way! Otherwise, great location and staff!

• 7th Jul 2015

50% of the time there was no one on the desk as they were out smoking or talking. No common area so very hard to meet people, no kitchen to cook. Rooms were crazy small and my bed was ABOVE the bathroom!! If i put a foot wrong walking up the 7ft ladder i would have died. No atmosphere here, only good thing is location and free (limited choice) breakfast. Do not come here if you are a solo traveller.

I couldn´t sleep all night because of the room next to us had an large opening in the wall and no sound isolation watsoever and the people in there were screaming and shouting all night even though we told them to be quiet several times and even told the receptionst.

No padlock on the lockers!! Great location, free breakfast. Rooms are connected above (walls are 1m lower than the ceiling) so you might hear the loud people in other rooms.

I thought overall the hostel was great. The fact that it's right along the beach rocks, it's fairly easy to get to anywhere from the hostel. For the most part the staff was nice. The only thing that stood out to me (and this is going to sound silly) was the fact that the only had one very slow toaster that could fit up to 4 pieces of bread at a time... When there's a full hostel of people who want a decent breakfast it's probably a good investment to get new, better, and more toasters.

• 3rd Jul 2015

I think this is the kind of hostel you just either hate or love. I've seen many lukewarm reviews on here, and in all fairness, it isn't the fancies hostel around. BUT. I ended up extending my stay there from a few days to a whole week! The staff there is AMAZING, and then especially morning shift Naza and night shift Rafael. Love you guys!! They both helped me out so much! Beyond the great staff, it's all about LOCATION and other awesome travelers you meet. Would go again :)

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Norway

The showers had black mold. The front desk was not helpful, they did not have maps or information. Asking a question was like they were just insulted, it was like they hated there job. The place is full of sand. The showers turn off automatically after 2 min. In order to get into your room you have to show a piece of paper which is pointless and is easily lost. Customer service is horrible. The walls between rooms don't connect so you hear everything.

• 25th Jun 2015