Equity Point Sea Reviews

Plaza del Mar, 1-4, Barcelona, Spain

I had an amazing time! I met a lot of people. And being so close to bars and the beach is really cool! I would definitely come back.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Right on the beach. Nice staff except the overnight guy was very rude and refused to call us a cab. Basic hostel. However the 'rooms' are divided by thin walls with bunk beds on either side. So you hear everything that's going on in the other rooms. Loud drinking and music until 1am makes it hard to sleep. And being waken up at 3am because of the squeaky bed of drunk kids fooling around.

This is a relatively new hostel right on the seafront. It is very clean, quiet and comfortable with a really good breakfast included in the price and good beds and showers. The staff are very helpful and there is also free internet. The only problem that I had was the difficulty in finding the hostel as the directions given were very vague and people in the area did not know where it was even though it was located in a tall brightly painted building.

Amazing Hostel to who wants stay on the beach for sure is the best one! The Staffs are lovely and friendly. About the facilies I didn't have wifi in my room. At the reception was good but not in my room.

Very glad to have stayed at this hostel. Very close to the beach as well.

Location is excellent. Staff could be a little friendlier.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

the only good thing about this hostel is the location its right on the beach, other then that the walls don't reach the ceiling( theres like a 40cm gap) so you can hear everything and i me and other room mates couldn't get to sleep till law and we got woken up very early every morning. security is awful room mate got the phones and other personal things stolen. i stayed two nights then changed.

we had a very great time! the location is great as the beach is in front of the door!! i can recommend to stay there for some days... but: the rooms are really small for like 9 people and we were shocked that there was no possibility to open the windows- there is only air condition...but actually we got used to it. for some days it is ok, but for longer it might give you cold...we were annoyed by the fact that sheets+blankets and a lock had to be purchased extra. all in all it was fine! :)

Great place if you want to go to the beach but not the most silent of hostels . You can hear everything at goes on not only in your dorms but ther other. No real common room either

Great hostel DIRECTLY on the beach. This is perfect if you're looking for a beachy vacation with the option to do sightseeing, but the closest metro stop is a 15 minute walk from the hostel, so don't plan to do too much back and forth with your luggage as that nice walk can get tiring quickly! Otherwise everything is perfect--decent breakfast, easy to find, great value.

Staff is inconsistent. Some are excellent while others are really not helpful at all. The location made the stay ok but not great. Overall it was very average.

Staff are very friendly, location is perfect to who wants enjoy the beach!

• 4th Aug 2014

Perfect location for beach time. Friendly and helpful staff. I had to wait for half a day before i got a key, because some people had lost theirs so there weren't enough, which was a bit annoying. Also, during my 4 nights stay, the dorm got only cleaned twice - thats not enough! Other than that, i had a nice time there.

A nice hostel with nice facilities. It is however very noisy. Several roommates could not sleep as dorms are not completey separated and we could hear every sound from the other dorms. Would recommend but bring earplugs!

Great location just next to the beach! But because of this the cleanliness is not so good as you could imagine. Simple dorm room with locker to leave your stuffs(use your own lock), noisy at night as ppl might came back from partying but this is not suprised as well... Helpful staff members:)

Great location. but unfortunately there is no common area to socialize or hang out. Instead of the poor restaurant in the front (which nobody seems to eat in), They should turn this into a bar and hang out area for the hostel. I found the male receptionist with the hair covering his ears particularly rude and unfriendly. I had to ask him for help (I had locked my key in my room on one occasion) and you would swear I was looking for a kidney off him given his attitude and manner. Smile mate!!

great location - the hostel is practicaly on the beach, very nice and helpful but professional staff. They would probably need another refrigerator - it was so full that it wouldn't close and the shower in the room was dirty. However, who needs a shower when the sea is so near. :-)

you pay for cover sheet and blanket - always! and it is freezing cold in the room during night time. breakfast is poor. but it is just 10 steps from the sea which makes all this not so important.

The hostel has an amazing location, and a good breakfast. The downside is that the walls of the rooms don't go all the way to the top so it makes it very noisy and it sometimes feels like the people in the other room are in your room. You also have to bring your own stuff if you don't want to pay for it: like a blanket, towels and a lock for your locker. But all in all it's a good hostel! And I would recommend this to others.

• 16th Jul 2014

The staff were great, I was afraid little bit a late check inn in the night, butt receptionist welcome me and well informed me about Barcleona and night life, the breakfast is good and it was located front of the beach and quite near to the down town, A fun place to stay: young and friendly travelers, the community in general is quite nice Overall, a very pleasant stay, just one thing hard to paying 2 euros to get extra sheet.

• 13th Jul 2014