Equity Point Sea Reviews

Plaza del Mar, 1-4, Barcelona, Spain

I had originally booked 3 nights here, yet I attempted to cancel the last two by email before arrival. I looked up the email address to do so, and accidentally sent my request to one of the other equity points in another city. When I arrived, the gentlemen on working at the desk continued to yell over me as I attempted to explain the confusion. In the end I had to pay for two nights. The rooms were incredibly small, filled with sand, and way too hot and humid. Worst place I've stayed in Europe.

The location is excellent, right on the beach. The rooms are cramped but not uncomfortable. There isn't really an area to hang out so it is difficult to meet new people. The atmosphere is nice but there isn't as much of a sense of community as other hostels.

The environment is super friendly and fun. Each bed comes with a massive locker for free. The location is perfect. However, the kitchen was really pathetic and needs some work.

It was conveniently located. Most of the staff were absolutely lovely but one person was extremely unhelpful and required my friend to go all the way to an atm to pay a 5 euro key deposit before checking in.

One of the receptionists wasn't really simpatic.

• 28th Apr 2015

We needed a place to stay for twelve hours and this was great. It was two minutes from the beach, two minutes from great food and fifteen from the clubs. We stayed in a six person mixed dorm and it was very cramped and not very clean. I dont think we would have been comfortable there for many nights but for 12 hours it was fine. The bathroom in our room was surprisingly clean and looked new.

• 26th Apr 2015

The location is great, very near the beach and transportation. The room was very tight for the amount of beds, there wasn't enough energy plugs. There was only one bathroom inside the room for nine people.

The staff was TERRIBLE, specially the lady who works during the day. she was rude, answering questions like she was doing a favour to us. come on, its your job and you earn for it, please do it properly. people dealing with tourists should be kind and smile, because we are bringing money and jobs to your economy, which is in a bad crisis by the way.

BEST location, I loved eating breakfast and just looking out the window at the beach and the funky characters. The security could be a bit tighter and there were no blankets, a blanket would've been nice. Bathrooms were pretty clean, everything is just a bit crowded. But you can't beat being just off Barceloneta for $16 a night!

You really can't beat the location! It's so close to the beach and for such a good price!

The hostel was in an amazing location, right on the beach, and was only a short distance from night life. Tourist attractions were about 10 minute train ride away, and got directions from the front desk whenever we needed them.

• 10th Apr 2015