Erasmus Home Reviews

C/ Jesús 18, 37002 Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain

This was a great place to stay! Good location, right in the middle of the old part of the city, a 2 minute walk to tourist locations, bars, and restaurants. Breakfast was at a nearby cafe, and was decent considering it's free. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were spotless. Bathrooms are small, and there's only one shower per floor for the shared rooms. Not a party hostel, family friendly, but also a good place to meet other people and relax with a couple beers. It was a great stay!

• 18th Jul 2015

We stayed for two nights and it was all round pretty great. The staff were very helpful, especially the big Ukrainian guy (sorry we never got your name) he was really helpful even though he didnt speak much english, he was still able to help us, a very lovely man. otherwise location was good and facilities were good. 10/10

Great place to stay for the price. Beds and bedrooms very clean. Bathrooms a bit small but to be expected. Very quiet and the staff was great. I have been to countless hostels and this was easily one of the nicer ones I've been to.

The location is amazing. There is also a great vibe here, especially for the solo traveller - I met so many great people. There is only 1 bathroom per floor which wasn't too much of a problem. The rooms are like sweat boxes in summer and are extremely uncomfortable! WIFI didn't work in my room on the 2nd floor. There is a lot of street noise too, but the vibe at this place outweighed all the negatives.

Nice place, I can recommend. Only marked down facilities as there is no kitchen

Decent Hostel, nice atmosphere! I can recommend this place to backpackers!

• 9th Jun 2015

Erasmus Home was by far my best hostel experience. Tómas (and the other guy) at the reception were beyond kind and helpful. Though it is a small hostel, I met a few amazing people whom I spent few good days with. The hostel is clean but could do with some renovations. Cons: no kitchen which would have been great but you can go to their sister restaurant (where you get free breakfast). Some updates or needed: cosmetic work and fixing the elevator. Salamanca is a great city with a great nightlife.

good hostel, met some awesome people there! but also very peaceful. great central location, fun cafe. overall fun experience!

Great place right between the Plaza Mayor and the Cathedrals. Absolutely would recommend because of the location, nice staff, and people you can meet there

• 24th May 2015

My stay was fantastic! The proximity to the center, the facilities and the service are unsurpassed. Highly recommended for people who do not want to spend much money and have a comfortable accommodation.

• 20th May 2015
  • Mexico

Very clean hostel, awesome facilities, friendly staff. Very close to everything in the city

Location was very good. But you don't want to ask one of the staff there to bring your food back and forth to use refrigerator - they don't allow your direct access to their refrigerator. There was no kitchen either. Do remember, Salamaca can be very touristy meanting it may cost quite a bit to dine out and hot meaning that you always will look for cold drinks.

Nice hostel, comfy beds, one bathroom on the floor but not too busy in May, check in staff available and nice. It is near main attractions and a good mini market. There is no kitchen which would be useful, the living room was empty but could be offseason, 1 PC to use. I don't like party hostels but some group activities might be nice.

We didnt really enjoy our stay there. The rooms are quite tiny, the common areas don't make you feel at home either. We had to ask for toilet paper, you had to bring your own lock to lock the lockers or buy it there... We couldnt use the kitchen beacuse they were renovating it and the breakfast (at a nearby cafe) wasnt that great eather. For less money all this would have been ok...

Nice staff, clean rooms and very comfy beds. Location is fantastic!

This place is located smack in the middle of the city. I was right around the corner from the university, the church, and a short walk to the Plaza Mayor. And when I mean right around the corner it is literally right around the corner. There are no public restrooms and I could walk from where ever I was to use the restroom from any place in the city. The staff is super nice and extremely helpful. The rooms are a bit small and the bathroom is smaller but over all I love it!

Bed are -amazing-. Best sleep I've had on the road yet. That being said, I was pretty shocked to find out when I arrived at 6AM, I couldn't wait in the lounge until a cafe opened at 8AM. I got told to come back at 1PM, and as a single female walking around in a new city, I felt really uncomfortable. The directions to the hostel aren't great, but the staff is friendly, rooms nice, and it's overall a chill place.

Perfect if you just need a place to sleep for a couple of days. Very good location. Could have had cleaner bathrooms and some toilet paper in it, though.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

Very clean, perfectly located in the center of the city

Pretty good, except for the lack of kitchen and the lack of hand wash in the first floor bathroom. There isn't enough communal space either. However, the staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are well appointed and reasonably spacious. It's right next to the university and the old town, so perfect for touristy stuff or visiting student friends.