Errigal Hostel (Hostelling International) Reviews

Dunlewy, Gweedore, Donegal, Ireland

Great place - very friendly and helpful staff. Really enjoyed my stay.

• 27th Dec 2014

Great hostel and location.

This place is the Shelbourne of Youth Hostels & perfectly run

Better than many three star hotels I've stayed in. Great value for money.

• 10th Oct 2014

I simply Love this superb 5 stars hostel. It was my second time this year. I'll definitely be back.

This one surpassed all expectations! I would only stay in hostels if they all were like this!!!!

We stayed in a 2-bed dorm with toilet and shower en suite which as such is very comfortable. Alas we couldn't use the shower as it does not have a curtain, so the whole bathroom gets flooded when someone actually uses the shower. So what' s the use of that? It would be very helpful if this got changed.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for a nice start in our irland holiday. The hostel staff has been very nice and the room was good. The only bad thing was the small kitchen.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Only problem I encountered was the shower rooms - the water ran from the shower area into the dry dressing area in front of the sinks which made it difficult getting dressed. A small stool placed in the shower rooms would have allowed me to sit down, dry my feet and put my trousers on without them trailing in the water.

• 17th Aug 2014

We found this hostel rather stark and clinical and prefer somewhere more homely. The stainless steel bathrooms and décor seemed almost penal. I think this is just a matter of personal preference as the building is clean and secure and has a large dining room. There was a very friendly member of staff on duty when we left but the building itself would benefit from more colour and pictures/photos on the walls.

A very special word of thanks to Ann for making us so welcome and look forward to returning. She made us feel very much at home, was very informative and very helpful. We wish every success to the Errigal hostel.

• 11th Aug 2014

Great team, very nice and helpful for everything.

After using the shower, everything is wet in the bathroom :ground, toilets etc..... A shower curtain would be really appreciated.

Great location for outdoor activities. Modern building with good kitchen and living areas. Good staff so this hostel is highly recommended

• 1st Aug 2014

Tá an ait seo go breá an t-am ar fad!