Erupcion Hostel Banos Reviews

Central Park Crnr, Banos, Ecuador

This place was cool at first - bumped me up to a private room for the cost of a dorm. But woke up in the middle of the night to folks partying on the roof at 3 ... Sound travels here. Staff seems a bit confused.. We thought we were told breakfast wasn't included, but we were charged at the end of our stay. They also seemed confused about price.. They asked ME how much I was paying, and then tried to charge me for the first night in a private room... Just weird. Not bad! Friendly, just confused..

• 10th May 2015

I found the hostel staff friendly and really well located in the centre of the pueblo. The hostel doesn't have a common area as such but does have an in-house restaurant. The 4-bed dorm I stayed in was functional, although not the greatest I've visited. The dorm is on the roof of the building and has a basic private bedroom (hot water not always guaranteed). Good Wi-Fi, though it doesn't reach the top floor.

good hostel. Very central location. Not much atmosphere but great for a place to just rest your heads.

Great little hostel the staff and host are among the nicest I've met. I only marked it down for atmosphere as there is very little interaction among the guests. The shower was also cold but that could have just been timing. Very clean lovely setting otherwise!

It looks more like a typical hostal of South America than a hostel (for instance there are no common rooms, no kitchen etc.). Staff is nice, but sometimes they seem confused about the activities and bookings and it can take some time for your room to be ready. They offer a very good price for the activities. The dorm beds were fine and the privates bed was really comfy. A bit pricey for what it is but Banos is a touristic place. Nice english bulldog!!!

My sister and i stayed here for two nights. The staff were very accommodating and helpful, putting out wet clothes into the dryer for a few minutes with no problem and we're very thoughtful in helping us to book activities. The dog is awesome and the restaurant was good. The beds were very comfortable and fairly large. My only complaint is that out of three showers only one had hot water the whole time.

Good hostel right in he middle of Banos, staff was friendly but didn't know what each other has promised to other guests. So he we wanted to move to our private room it as double booked and we had to change the hostel. Laundry is not recommended, they wash without detergents and our clothes were not really clean afterwards.

Incredible fast internet, owner operated, great people!

Really friendly feel, great (huge) cheap breakfasts, loads of information about what to do and help booking tours. An all round lovely stay. The bathroom was a tad old and therefore did not seen overly clean however it was cleaned daily.

Great location in the centre of town. Good breakfast included for a small fee. Staff very friendly and helpful. Secure and safe. Hot water not always available. No common area except for public restaurant. However would stay again.

The staff was great. Always helpful. Have a restaurant on location is a big plus. The 2nd floor balcony to eat and drink while people watching along the street was the best. The rooms are nice and ours had a TV. The location is awesome. Near the bus station, across the street from Geotours where you can book a lot of fun activities: Zip line, Canyoning and rafting. A can't miss place!

nice balcony for having drinks with other travellers

Please fix these Lockers! It's a important thing for travelers!

Above average hostel in central Banos close to everything

pretty average hostel. no communal kitchen, hangout area is the restaurant, cleanliness is average.

The staff is amazing, really helpfull and nice people. Very good atmosphere, a lot of people from different countrys.

Nice hostel with great location. The only downside is there is no real common room but I still managed to make friends. Meet the dog Google!

Great location, couple blocks away from the main plaza. Staff are very friendly and they will help you out with anything. Enjoy google (the massive dog)

Owner is extremely nice. Location has views of the square and a restaurant. Great value.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Erupcion is run by Gloria, an excellent person who goes out of her way to help travelers who visit Baños. It can be a little noisy at night but it's due to its centrality in the city. I managed to sleep with no problem. I'd def recommend Erupcion. Great value. And try baniños breakfast.

View all Banos Bed and Breakfasts