Erupcion Hostel Banos Reviews

Central Park Crnr, Banos, Ecuador

Hostel is located in the middle of the town centre. Staff is very friendly. Private rooms are good, the 4 bed dorm on the roof is very humid and dampy. My bed was smelly because of that. No lockers in the private room. Most adorable dog, which you are allowed to take for a walk.

We had a really pleasant stay at Erupcion! There were minor problems with water coming into the floor of the room at to little space for so many people+their backpacks! Everyone was really helpful but we needed at place to hang out (like common area!), which I in general think is a thing hostels include!

Mold all over my bedroom. Bathroom was terrible. Checked out pretty fast. The pictures are not at all what you see and get! Don't be fooled!

Great staff and great location! The rooms need an upgrade tho. I ended up going to another place after 1 night.

Staff Amazing! Wish breakfast was free but still awesome!!! Great Tours right within the hostel to be booked; centrally located and atmosphere fun for everyone. Thank you for an incredible stay!!!

I took a private room here and it was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and nice.

Family run hostel right in the middle of town! The staff were very pleasant and helpful although their English is limited. A friendly bulldog roams about the hostel!

few staff speak English. was suppose to have all girl dorm but got mixed instead. Beware of valuables. Security was poor, people were allowed to come in an out as they pleased at any hour and make noise. Protect your valuables, cleaning lady came along and clean sweeped the bedside tables without consulting those still staying in the room and I lost soveniers, medications and other things. hostel needs lockers, only has 1 small cupboard between 4 people. room was dark and musty. nice restuarant

Th 6bed dorm is too small. There is not enough space to store the backpacks. The breakfast is not included even though it says so in the description. The owner doesnt really speak english.

This guest only real complain was that breakfast is not included and we are clear about it, if you check on facilities we said BREAKFAST IS NOT INCLUDED, for everything else he is just complexed because we did not give him breakfast for free, how can you said that there is not enough space for backpacks when our lockers are big enough to fit a huge backpacker backpack and has electric plugs inside, and complain about security (score 2) when we even have security cameras. Keep enjoying your trip

Decent hostel in Banos. Really good value for money, and the beds were super comfortable, and fairly big as far as dorm room beds go! The shower was amazing and had good pressure and hot water. Really great location too and within 5 minutes walking distance to anything and everything in Banos. The lack of any true common space does mean a lack of atmosphere.

Shower never got hot water (freezing) and sometimes had to go looking for elsewhere to book adventures through. Excellent location though and super friendly staff although some issues with communicating in English. Wish the restaurant or the roof could be made into more of a common room!

This place was cool at first - bumped me up to a private room for the cost of a dorm. But woke up in the middle of the night to folks partying on the roof at 3 ... Sound travels here. Staff seems a bit confused.. We thought we were told breakfast wasn't included, but we were charged at the end of our stay. They also seemed confused about price.. They asked ME how much I was paying, and then tried to charge me for the first night in a private room... Just weird. Not bad! Friendly, just confused..

• 10th May 2015

I found the hostel staff friendly and really well located in the centre of the pueblo. The hostel doesn't have a common area as such but does have an in-house restaurant. The 4-bed dorm I stayed in was functional, although not the greatest I've visited. The dorm is on the roof of the building and has a basic private bedroom (hot water not always guaranteed). Good Wi-Fi, though it doesn't reach the top floor.

good hostel. Very central location. Not much atmosphere but great for a place to just rest your heads.

Great little hostel the staff and host are among the nicest I've met. I only marked it down for atmosphere as there is very little interaction among the guests. The shower was also cold but that could have just been timing. Very clean lovely setting otherwise!

It looks more like a typical hostal of South America than a hostel (for instance there are no common rooms, no kitchen etc.). Staff is nice, but sometimes they seem confused about the activities and bookings and it can take some time for your room to be ready. They offer a very good price for the activities. The dorm beds were fine and the privates bed was really comfy. A bit pricey for what it is but Banos is a touristic place. Nice english bulldog!!!

My sister and i stayed here for two nights. The staff were very accommodating and helpful, putting out wet clothes into the dryer for a few minutes with no problem and we're very thoughtful in helping us to book activities. The dog is awesome and the restaurant was good. The beds were very comfortable and fairly large. My only complaint is that out of three showers only one had hot water the whole time.

Good hostel right in he middle of Banos, staff was friendly but didn't know what each other has promised to other guests. So he we wanted to move to our private room it as double booked and we had to change the hostel. Laundry is not recommended, they wash without detergents and our clothes were not really clean afterwards.

Incredible fast internet, owner operated, great people!

Really friendly feel, great (huge) cheap breakfasts, loads of information about what to do and help booking tours. An all round lovely stay. The bathroom was a tad old and therefore did not seen overly clean however it was cleaned daily.

View all Banos Bed and Breakfasts