Erupcion Hostel Banos Reviews

Central Park Crnr, Banos, Ecuador

Erupcion was a great value for the money spent and we loved the location! Sweet owner and who wouldn't love Google the bulldog. The restaurant service was a bit slow, but there are plenty of great restaurants nearby! Would recommend Erupcion to all backpackers!

Great people halping with everything Google the dog is so cute and the location is right at the center We have been in a lot of hostels and this is one of the best!

My stay here was good mostly due to luckily getting my own room with en suite as there were no other dorm bookings. The staff were friendly and bed was comfortable. Two main issues: no hot water in shower (I had been looking forward to warm water after some weeks without!), and the hostel also lacks communal space as it is really a restaurant with the hostel as a side business. Atmosphere was therefore a bit lacking.

Great location and a tasty breakfast. The information we were given about buses to Guayaquil was wrong but was no great disaster. Google the Bulldog is super cute!!!!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

Stay here, definitely recommended!Friendly and helpful staff, excellent location, clean rooms, hot showers, strong wifi, amazing atmosphere and it's cheap! I was helped to arrange all my outdoor activities in Baños easily and with good prices.

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Egypt

Not enough room for your stuff in the rooms felt like it was hard work for the staff to answer your questions

Sorry for the inconvenience about the lockers, unfortunately some bags are huge and does not fit in our lockers (75cms x 55cms) and probably the people at reception did not understand your queries, our staff speak good english and spanish, and the moment we have a receptionist that speak portuguese. Have a wonderful trip

Great value for money. Good location and helpful staff

Hi, thanks for you comments. We hope your early visit good trip soon

Hostel is located in the middle of the town centre. Staff is very friendly. Private rooms are good, the 4 bed dorm on the roof is very humid and dampy. My bed was smelly because of that. No lockers in the private room. Most adorable dog, which you are allowed to take for a walk.

We had a really pleasant stay at Erupcion! There were minor problems with water coming into the floor of the room at to little space for so many people+their backpacks! Everyone was really helpful but we needed at place to hang out (like common area!), which I in general think is a thing hostels include!

Hi, thanks for you comments, We try to improve thanks to them good trip, see you soon

Mold all over my bedroom. Bathroom was terrible. Checked out pretty fast. The pictures are not at all what you see and get! Don't be fooled!

Hi, sorry the inconvenience you had during your visit and also thank you for your recommendations, the problems were solved and we hope you visit us again good trip, see you soon

Hostel is in the best location right on the Main Street and only 5 minutes walk from the bus station, rooms are basic but clean, oh and they have a cool bull dog called Google who you can take for walks

Hi, thanks for your feedback to us was a pleasure to have you in our establishment good trip , see you soon

I stayed 4 days and went on a four day jungle tour, which was discounted by the hostel. I don´t normally go for the tours offered by the hostel, but after comparing prices at all of the tour agencies, it was the best price. I don´t speak much Spanish, but owner, receptionist and some of the volunteers do, and were extremely helpful. I liked the hostel so much, I came back after two weeks of being on the coast. If you´re a pet lover, the hostel dog Google is the cutest thing EVER!

Great staff and great location! The rooms need an upgrade tho. I ended up going to another place after 1 night.

Staff Amazing! Wish breakfast was free but still awesome!!! Great Tours right within the hostel to be booked; centrally located and atmosphere fun for everyone. Thank you for an incredible stay!!!

I took a private room here and it was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and nice.

Family run hostel right in the middle of town! The staff were very pleasant and helpful although their English is limited. A friendly bulldog roams about the hostel!

few staff speak English. was suppose to have all girl dorm but got mixed instead. Beware of valuables. Security was poor, people were allowed to come in an out as they pleased at any hour and make noise. Protect your valuables, cleaning lady came along and clean sweeped the bedside tables without consulting those still staying in the room and I lost soveniers, medications and other things. hostel needs lockers, only has 1 small cupboard between 4 people. room was dark and musty. nice restuarant

Th 6bed dorm is too small. There is not enough space to store the backpacks. The breakfast is not included even though it says so in the description. The owner doesnt really speak english.

This guest only real complain was that breakfast is not included and we are clear about it, if you check on facilities we said BREAKFAST IS NOT INCLUDED, for everything else he is just complexed because we did not give him breakfast for free, how can you said that there is not enough space for backpacks when our lockers are big enough to fit a huge backpacker backpack and has electric plugs inside, and complain about security (score 2) when we even have security cameras. Keep enjoying your trip

Decent hostel in Banos. Really good value for money, and the beds were super comfortable, and fairly big as far as dorm room beds go! The shower was amazing and had good pressure and hot water. Really great location too and within 5 minutes walking distance to anything and everything in Banos. The lack of any true common space does mean a lack of atmosphere.

Shower never got hot water (freezing) and sometimes had to go looking for elsewhere to book adventures through. Excellent location though and super friendly staff although some issues with communicating in English. Wish the restaurant or the roof could be made into more of a common room!

View all Banos Bed and Breakfasts