Esperanto Hostel

Superb 283 Total Reviews
Superb 283 Total Reviews

4th Feb 2017

We got in late and were able to check in no problem. It is nice and quite. The room was warm, but being on the coast and in Ecuador, its to be expected. We had a pleasant stay.

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
25th Jan 2017

Great little hostel - will definitely stay again. Rooms could get a little warm in the morning but nothing unbearable. Highly recommend, the staff were great!

13th Jan 2017
7.1

Super friendly and welcoming place. Great location close to beach. Unfortunately kind of grubby. Really dirty kitchen and bathrooms.

hi Marcus, we remenber as we do not use to have guest over their middle 50´sd , we sorry about your experience, you stayed in a shared dorm . fyi if you are in a hostel normally sharing kithen and batroom there are people before you that use it , we try to keep cleaning as muchas possible , besides is the guest responsabily to keep it clean for respect to the other ones, but sometimes the meaning of "clean " for people in their 20´s is differente than mine meaning cleaing in my 40´sd or you =( , sorry about it . About seurity , we wonder whay is about 6, we have 24 hours guard, we have lockers per person , you birng your padlock and inside the ocker there is a security box, which we can provide the key , so what made the hostel deserve 6 ?? in montanita other hostel similar, barely have the locker no 24 hours security guard or security box, so they would deserve then 1 ? , =) je je , anyway, we were glad you are traveling in your retiremtnent , that is must be =) the best wishes =) and vibes

• Ecuador, Male, 31-40
28th Dec 2016

It was the second time I stayed at Esperanto and I will definitely come back. Great location, staff and atmosphere!

• USA, All Female Group, 31-40
23rd Dec 2016

We had a good time staying at the hostel. It was pretty quiet and we got a good night's sleep. It was close enough to hang out in the town and enjoy. The staff were pretty chill and relaxing too. They have a nice lending library and some movies to watch. We had a private room with our own bathroom, which we enjoyed, but they kept the shared bathrooms for those that needed them, so there was plenty for all. Bring a lock for the lockers if you need to store anything.

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
15th Dec 2016

In a few years from now, when I'm reminiscing on my travels through South America, I've no doubt my time at Esperanto is going to stand out. I wasn't welcomed as a guest, I was welcomed as a family member, and was treated as one throughout my stay. Christian, Jorge and Juliana went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable and that I enjoyed my time in Montañita, and that I did. I couldn't speak more highly of them and would strongly recommend Esperanto if you're visiting Montañita.

• Brazil, Couple, 18-24
7th Dec 2016

Esperanto hostel is amazing! It's located in a calm area, really close to the beach. It's the perfect place if you want a good night sleep with the sound of the waves.. There are no parties there, people are only allowed to stay at the rooftop until 10 pm and you can't be loud, cuz it's a relaxing place. Everything is very clean, the beds are good and every room has its own private bathroom, which is really good. The staff are really nice also!

• Egypt, Female, 31-40
3rd Dec 2016
7.7

The hostel is close to the heart of Montanita, but arriving to it is tricky coz not all the locals know it. If they put a sign on the top of the street it will make it easy for travellers to know which way to go. The four-bed dorm was clean and the beds are comfortable. However, the bathrooms are too small and mediocre clean. The atmosphere is normal, nothing special about it. The view is nice from the roof, and if the weather is nice it is a good spot to hang out in.

• Norway, Female, 18-24
30th Nov 2016

Super hostel, good location next to the beach. Loved the rooftop terrasse. Amazing staff who made great dinners. Would stay again.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
25th Nov 2016

The hostel in pretty much on the beach. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Our first night the put a BBQ on which was a nice touch, got people mingling. Due to the tall building it's hard to meet other people other than the BBQ. The room was clean when we arrived, however, we stayed 4 nights and it wasn't cleaned once, not even the bathroom!!! Good balcony on the private room, I think they all have one. I would highly recommend the place, and if I'm back in Montanita I'd stay here again!