9.3
Superb 187 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 187 Total Reviews
Esperanto Hostel Located at Beachfront, , Montanita.
Ecuador
Montanita Santa Elena NA Beachfront
93% 187
-1.8248432 -80.7538701
    Rooms available

• Canada, Male, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016

I stayed at Esperanto for 5 nights in April. It´s a great spot near the beach, well priced with a nice kitchen and terrace with hammocks. I´d recommend it to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Montanita!!

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
15th Apr 2016

The location of the hostel is perfect! Close to the Beach as well as to the center of Montanita. The balcony on the top floor is already worth it to stay there! The rooms include everything which is needed (with balcony) and are very clean. The staff is very professional and extremely friendly! They even organized a spontaneous BBQ which was delicious!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2016

This is the best hostel I've stayed at on my 6 months trip. The terrace is the highlight of the hostel, its super cool to chill on the terrace with the best view of montanita, watch the waves and look at people. The owner is really cool, he hung out with us every night, helped us out with whatever we wanted. The staff is super chill, kitchen is very nice, hostel is super clean, and they would help you with anything you asked for. I met some really cool people too. I miss this place!

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Apr 2016

Fantastic hostel right by the beach and close to all the nightlife. Hostel staff and owner Jorge are lovely people and nothing is too much trouble for them! Highly recommended and I can't wait to go back!

1st Apr 2016

Stayed 6 nights in a dorm room. Beds were comfy, toilets were quite clean. Located just a short 5 min walk to the main street in town. Convenient but just far enough that noise from the parties aren't a problem. The upper terrace offers great views and a good breeze.

26th Mar 2016

As a digital nomad, Esperanto Hostel was the perfect spot for me to stay in Montanita. Super clean, located in town but not on a party street, and the the terrace overlooking the ocean made for the perfect office (with great wifi!). There's also a family-vibe with the staff, especially the owner, Jorge who always made sure I had everything I needed and organized BBQs on Saturdays for the hostel guests to socialize.

• dhardnett3237
  • USA, Male, 25-30
26th Mar 2016

My friend and I chose Esperanto because it was the top ranked hostel from our Google search. We were a little hesitant at first as we wanted to explore other options but with few rooms available, we jumped on booking a room. When we arrived we were greeted by faces from all over the world. Reminded me so much of my adventures traveling throughout S.E Asia. The staff was great! They worked hard and played harder! They were always eager to show us a good time. You won't regret booking w Esperanto!

• USA, Male, 31-40
25th Mar 2016

Couldn't have enjoyed my stay more. Jorge and the rest of the Esperanto crew were amazing!

• santigon861082
  • Argentina, Male, 25-30
14th Mar 2016

Great location! The beach is too close to the hostel. The staff is very kind and friendly and they helped us all the time! The terrace is amazing with an incredible sight of the beach.

7th Mar 2016
7.7

This is a cool hostel with an amazing rooftop, however everytime I went up there no one was there. Atmosphere was lacking a little. Also this is a very expensive hostel and I think for the price air conditioning should be provided. I struggled to sleep in the heat. I stayed at a different hostel which was much cheaper down the road from this one and that had air conditioning. Hostel is very clean and staff are nice.

hi , sorry to hear about atmosphera was lacking a little , the 2 nights you were there we had 19 pax and 20 pax, , the second night the 12 dutch girls arrive kind 8 pm and normally when they arrive the go for dinner and then stay in the town , normally some guest use to stay in the terace frmo 5 am to 7 pm and then from 10 pm to 12 pm, also we encourage our guest to socialize , some days perhpas can not cover the expectation , , our hostel is friendly envoriment, and we have provide extra fan in the dorms to keep chill the temperatura, . ffiding hostel more cheaper is something for whose traveled can happen the key is , why those one are not in internet ? once of the reason is they reduce the prices as " last minute call " making looks them as cheaper all the time , anyway, we appreciate your coments and thank you for staying with us =)