9.2
Superb 274 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 274 Total Reviews
Esperanto Hostel Located at Beachfront, , Montanita.
Ecuador
Montanita Santa Elena NA Beachfront
92% 274
-1.8248432 -80.7538701
    Rooms available

• Ecuador, Male, 31-40
28th Dec 2016

It was the second time I stayed at Esperanto and I will definitely come back. Great location, staff and atmosphere!

• USA, All Female Group, 31-40
23rd Dec 2016

We had a good time staying at the hostel. It was pretty quiet and we got a good night's sleep. It was close enough to hang out in the town and enjoy. The staff were pretty chill and relaxing too. They have a nice lending library and some movies to watch. We had a private room with our own bathroom, which we enjoyed, but they kept the shared bathrooms for those that needed them, so there was plenty for all. Bring a lock for the lockers if you need to store anything.

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
15th Dec 2016

In a few years from now, when I'm reminiscing on my travels through South America, I've no doubt my time at Esperanto is going to stand out. I wasn't welcomed as a guest, I was welcomed as a family member, and was treated as one throughout my stay. Christian, Jorge and Juliana went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable and that I enjoyed my time in Montañita, and that I did. I couldn't speak more highly of them and would strongly recommend Esperanto if you're visiting Montañita.

• Brazil, Couple, 18-24
7th Dec 2016

Esperanto hostel is amazing! It's located in a calm area, really close to the beach. It's the perfect place if you want a good night sleep with the sound of the waves.. There are no parties there, people are only allowed to stay at the rooftop until 10 pm and you can't be loud, cuz it's a relaxing place. Everything is very clean, the beds are good and every room has its own private bathroom, which is really good. The staff are really nice also!

• Egypt, Female, 31-40
3rd Dec 2016
7.7

The hostel is close to the heart of Montanita, but arriving to it is tricky coz not all the locals know it. If they put a sign on the top of the street it will make it easy for travellers to know which way to go. The four-bed dorm was clean and the beds are comfortable. However, the bathrooms are too small and mediocre clean. The atmosphere is normal, nothing special about it. The view is nice from the roof, and if the weather is nice it is a good spot to hang out in.

• Norway, Female, 18-24
30th Nov 2016

Super hostel, good location next to the beach. Loved the rooftop terrasse. Amazing staff who made great dinners. Would stay again.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
25th Nov 2016

The hostel in pretty much on the beach. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Our first night the put a BBQ on which was a nice touch, got people mingling. Due to the tall building it's hard to meet other people other than the BBQ. The room was clean when we arrived, however, we stayed 4 nights and it wasn't cleaned once, not even the bathroom!!! Good balcony on the private room, I think they all have one. I would highly recommend the place, and if I'm back in Montanita I'd stay here again!

• StephLovaLova
  • USA, Female, 31-40
11th Nov 2016
7.7

Great hostel on the quieter side of Montanita. A short walk across the bridge or down the beach to the main streets. Sick rooftop terrace with hammocks and ocean views. Attentive staff. Water to fill your bottles in the lobby. Mosquito nets for beds. Rooms are nice, beds not so comfortable but clean.

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
11th Nov 2016

great hostel!! good location, close to the beach and bars / restaurants. the staff is very friendly and helpful! always a great atmosphere! the rooms are cozy and clean and the rooftop is just amazing to hang out and enjoy the view! would def recomment this hostel!!

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
9th Nov 2016

Clean, friendly, convenient location. I felt very comfortable and safe here. Close enough walk to the entertainment but far enough away to get a good sleep. Muy bueno👌Thank you!!