Essaouira Surf Lounge Reviews

8 sidi ali ben daoud, touahin,essaouira, Essaouira, Morocco

Really nice place, worthy price!!!

My stay at the Surf Lounge was short but wonderful! Greeted with some tasty tea and a family full of smiles it felt a bit like coming to a home with a bunch of trees in the middle of the lounge! It's a bit quieter now in low season that means you get a good night's sleep (beds are great!) and can chill out! The fireplace makes that an even more appealing thing to do! Also, the kitchen is equipped pretty well with some good quality pots and pans and some space in the freezer to store some drinks!

• 18th Jan 2016

The hostel is difficult to find. But mainly the overall unprofessional and inappropriate behavior from the hostel manager/only worker (apart from the cleaning staff) had us eager to move hostels. I would not recommend this hostel to ANYONE but ESPECIALLY not any young women. Stay somewhere else so your trip isn't ruined like ours. There are plenty of other better hostels at similar prices. We were so uncomfortable that we left payment at the staff workers door & literally snuck out of the hostel

Pretty run down. Staff were nice and friendly. Rooms were as basic as can be

Manager was VERY generous,

amazing staff, great atmosphere to meet people and chill, comfy bed. Not the cleanest, bathroom door wouldn't lock properly but then again this is Morocco lol. However we had an amazing experience here meeting people, I highly reccomend!

The youngish manager is very unprofesionnal. I wanted to extent my stay, which he agreed on the day before, but in the morning told me he made a mistake and they were full. He also did the same to two other guys. He was still able to find a bed to a young women in the same situation as I was packing up and I've been told two other girls that arrived without a reservation later.See the pattern? The facilities are run down, but Sophie and Rachel are great staff. The athmosphere is great too.

sorry that you couldnt stay longer in our hostel but the 2 girls had a reservation and we dont understand why you gived a low rating about security , cleanliness and facilities and you were asking to extend your stay with us.

Very nice staying with wadi and the girls from workaway. Super cool vibe at the place, beutiful building, close to the sea, can hear the waves while sleeping. Wadi is great host, he cooked for us a very tasty fish tajine, he is awesome. I wish you the best in the new place!

What an amazing atmosphere! This is the kind of place where weary travellers come for a couple of days and end up staying a couple of weeks. Wadi is such a great host, he makes everyone feel at home, will bring you to eat in cheap-but-good local places and is happy to help send everyone surfing. He should get an award for being a great ambassador for Morocco! So chilled in comparison with other Moroccan cities, so make the Surf Lounge your place to relax in Essaouira - I didn't want to leave!

The kind of hostel that you extend your stay because you don't want to leave (it can be done). Great atmosphere, amazing price, very chilled and theres always a great group of people to hang out with in the evenings. Easy to get around and theres an incredible restaurant around the corner if you're hungry in the evenings. Loved staying and I will be back. :)

The hostel is in general very cute and the beds are very comfortable, but the best thing is the atmosphere. The responsable of the hostel is a very nice guy, close to the costumers but professional at the same time. We had a great time in Essaouira spending the end of the days with the people of the hostel in the main room, sharing laughts and experiences. Also for the price, I will totally recomend to go there.

Thanks a million for the awesome stay! From the moment I arrived, I felt very much at home. So much human kindness, friendliness and generosity! Definitely one of the highlights of my trip to Morroco. Will be back - that's for sure.

Please put hooks in the bathroom so we can hang clothes and toiletries etc when we shower.

great hostel to meet nice people! Great stuff!

What a great little hostel. The beds are comfy, showers hot and the atmosphere incredible. What more could you ask for? Wadie - the manager - is friendly and attentive, always making sure we were looked after and helped us with any issues we had. Would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone going to Essaouira looking for a relaxed place to crash and hangout.

Dear Wadir! We had such a great time in Essaouira. Thanks for your hospitality and for taking/spending your time with us! We really had a lot of fun! It was the best hostel with the best atmosphere in morocco! Thanks :) Tatti und Jule

• 7th Sep 2015

Great great little hostel, with spacious hang out area and thick matracess for sleeping like an princess. (Or the king) Tea there is always tasty, Sofas are always comfortable, water is always hot. A lot of German girls everywhere! (No hot) It was pleasant experience. Would be back!

This is a small familylike hostel, with a lot of different kind of people around and a incredibly nice hostel keeper, who knows how he can get them together and make it as relaxed and memorable as possible for everyone :)

• 4th Sep 2015

This hostel was a nice discovery. Located in one of the typical small alleys of the old town, is a chilled and relaxed place ideal if you are looking to escape from the chaos of big moroccan cities. The owner Wadi is an interesting and open minded person. The building itself is not one of those fully decorated riad you are used to find around morocco, but it is clean and well equipped

I enjoyed my stay here, really friendly staff, clean rooms and well equipped kitchen. Good friendly, sociable atmosphere. Had a great day on the surf trip, booked through the hostel. Highly recommend. Great value for money. :)