Essaouira Surf Lounge Reviews

8 sidi ali ben daoud, touahin,essaouira, Essaouira, Morocco

I enjoyed my stay here, really friendly staff, clean rooms and well equipped kitchen. Good friendly, sociable atmosphere. Had a great day on the surf trip, booked through the hostel. Highly recommend. Great value for money. :)

• 31st Aug 2015

Nice cosy hostel. Good atmosphere. Very good location, just a minute from the Skala. The manager, Wadi (hope I spelt it right), is a very helpful, courteous, chilled guy. Would recommend! Wadi, we didn't get a chance to thank you before we left, so appreciate all the help. Thank you! Erjon

Simply my BEST memory in Morocco: the atmosphere was amazing and I had a wonderful time in the hostel! We are welcome by such a kind guy who has shown us what to do in Essaouira (and was such a great cooker!). The hostel was very clean and I has met wonderful people there I will definitely recommand it! If you want to discover essaouira and the kindness of moroccan people as same as their culture (we enjoyed a nice music jam in the hostel) just came to this hotel!

• 17th Aug 2015

very nice place actually,the staff is always around to help with anything,i liked also the fact that you can hear the waves at night,people can use the kitchen to cook and that was perfect for me,very nice atmosphere,and of course it was very cheap. i recommand this place

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Could be a bit cleaner, but a decent value for the money. Interesting room off the terrace and a decent view off of the higher terrace. I think the building is not as grand or as large as some other hostels with a courtyard layout. The benefit however is not hearing a party from a courtyard go into early morning as in other places. Small shared toilet room with separate in-room shower. Staff is friendly. It felt more like somebody's flat, more informal than a hostel with a check-in counter.

Unfortunately this was not as good as we expected. It is okay for one or two cheap nights, but not more. The biggest problem was that the bed was not 100% dry, which is a big problem all over Essaouira. But if you look around you find them ;)

The staff really go above and beyond. Great place

• 30th Jun 2015

My stay at the surf lounge was AMAZING!!! It's a very chilled environment, it's a small hostel so you really get to know the other people staying there. Wadie is the best and a really amazing cook.

Great staff

• 23rd Jun 2015

Safe place, friendly atmosphere and extremely helpful staff! The manager is making the best Shisha, Mojitos and shrimps in town!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • United Arab Emirates

I had a fantastic time at this hostel. The staff treated us like family, taking us to the fish market and cooking the fresh fish at the hostel, showing us around the city, making everyone very comfortable. Surf lessons through the hostel were great. The front door is always locked but the rooms are always open with no lockers. Hot showers, very comfortable beds, fridge and kitchen facilities.

Hi Karen,thanks a lot for your review and as ou know you are welcome at any time,we enjoyed to host you

with my friends stayed three days in the hostel and loved it. They are very attentive and especially Wadie (the manager) has shown us great places to eat and walks on the beach. We recomend this hostel for sure! :)

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

We had such a great time at surf lounge that we came back when we returned to Essaouira! The riad is lovely with large green plants in the middle, the people that work there are all wonderful and are constantly interacting with the customers, they are always happy to help. The owner is also extremely hospitable. The rooms are clean and perfectly comfortable for the great price. Location is great because it is nice and hidden in the corner of the walled town on a quiet street, yet close to all.

Hostel was nice though the showers weren't great and got lots of bites from something. Nice staff though, they changed our sheets when we mentioned the bites.

Hi Gina ,im sorry for the bites but your friend said that it started in marrakech before you arrive to essaouira and she had already some bites is her hand and neck,but thanks for your remarks

Just one word: amazing! Unforgettable memories shared with nice people and kind hosts. I have been warmly welcomed and all the hostel's staff gave me perfect recommandations to visit the city. We have shared a wonderful time in the riad and my room was very cosy. The hostels is really easy to find and located in the center of the medina: perfect for visiting Essaouira! I One of my best memory in Morocco!

• 30th May 2015
  • Austria

Awesome Chilled out place and atmosphere. The Hostel has always got great music playing and helpful staff on hand. Great beds and amenities.

The hostel was great, the staff were very friendly and welcoming. They gave great advise about further travel and things to do in Essaouria

• 18th May 2015

This hostel has a very chill, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Great guys working there and feel like home immediately.The shared bathrooms/showers could be a bit cleaner, but the beds were very comfortable. They also had a roof terrace that is great for tanning, though the terrace could be more furnished and clean.

Nice place you really dont feel on a hostel and i met really Nice people there including the staff

• 13th May 2015
  • Belgium

This is the best staff I have stayed with in my hostel travel in Morocco. They bring you into their lives, share everything and enjoy the travelers that they host. Couldn't have been a better experience