Essaouira Surf Lounge Reviews

8 sidi ali ben daoud, touahin,essaouira, Essaouira, Morocco

Staying here was fantastic, the manager was so great, I changed my booking 3 times but he was ok

I stayed here on recommendation and was very pleased. Wadir was great and very helpful! Great cook also! It is a little bit dark at night with only light being candles- which can be quite relaxing, depending on your mood Good price. Good location.

super cosy hostel with an awesome fireplace! you gotta love this place!

• 4th Dec 2014

My friend and I had a really good time at the Surf Lounge Hostel. It's a very cosy and chilly place, with the nicest host you could find, Ouadir, who also happens to be a great cook. Thanks a lot :)

• 21st Nov 2014

this hostel is amazing!! stay here. It's a little hard to find but once you do you're in for a treat. great atmosphere, free range of the kitchen and fridge and Wadia is awesome! He knows everyone and can get you anything. The vibe is very relaxed and the music is great. I booked two nights and ended up staying for four.

• 5th Nov 2014

Could not have asked for a nicer host. Wadi took us to the local food markets and showed us how to cook tagine. He is very welcoming and inclusive. We really enjoyed our stay.

Excellent hostel close to everything in the old medina. Really laid back vibe which suits a great laid back town. Quick walk to the harbor and rampants where you get a great view of the sunset over the Atlantic ocean. Wadi, the hostel manager, is great. Very friendly and helpful. He organized local music at the hostel at night, brought us grocery shopping at the local markets and cooked dinner. One of my best hostel experiences so far.

Overall a very good experience Only concern I had was that I asked the manager to help me find something that would have taken 5 minutes & walking about 100 metres . He said he would but never did. As soon as someone with breasts & wearing a dress asked he would do it straight away. Allowing the guests to smoke hashish in the courtyard was not a good look.

• 19th Oct 2014

Best stay, it was a small problem with wifi the first day but after they fix it really nice staff i highly recommand for young travellers

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Ecuador

I had an awesome time at the Surf Lounge hostel. It is a great place to meet other people when the are traveling alone and the host Waddir makes you feel right at home. On my first day Waddir gave me a tour through Essaouria and showed me all the good places. at night the people of the Hostel come together to eat, drink and play music. Loved it! I stayed three nights longer than planned. Enjoy your time at the Surf Lounge!

• 27th Sep 2014

A nice place, good value for money. BUT what made the stay here an outstanding experience was the amazing staff. Wadie is the best host you can imagine, very helpful, sociable and almost like a friend for his guests.

Wadde is the best! So helpful and generous with his time. Great stay because of him.

• 17th Sep 2014

Awesome hostel. Walid was the best, thanks so much. No lockers or locking doors and the showers are a bit hit and miss. But great location and loads of friendly people around. Oh and no WIFI!!!! Bit annoying.

Security is so so, 15 minute walk from beach which is quite all right. Wi-Fi was not working when I was there which is a bummer but you can go outside in a charming family owned restaurant to catch it. The staff was super friendly and talkative :)

Excelent vibe, clean sheets, awesome staff and great location. Wadie es the best host you can have, he is the oracle of essaouira.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Great staff, we also loved the free Friday dinner (couscous with chicken!) . Moreover, the manager helped us find cheap surfind classes which was the highlight of our stay in Essaouira. We had a small problem with our locker and could not use it but at the time we stayed there were really 'okay' people checked in so we didn't worry too much about leaving our stuff. :)

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Romania

The Surf Lounge is a lovely hostel, the staff is welcoming and accomodating, the rooms are clean and the atmosphere is excellent. Initially I intended to stay for two days, and ended up staying about a week, and am actually back again for my last days in Morocco. If you want to enjoy the shade of banana trees and hibiscus, avocado juice by candlelight, this is your place!

• 31st Aug 2014

Just need on word to describe the hostel. It was .... Awesome! :D

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

wadiya is a great man. if he offers to take you somewhere and show you something, GO! you wont regret it.

I've traveled around the world and this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The rooms are really great, with comfortable beds and are priced really fairly, and the location is perfect. Most importantly, however, is the way your are treated by Wadie and the rest of the staff. I felt like I was staying with family rather than at a hostel. Wadie really goes out of his way to make guests feel at home and creates a communal atmosphere. I can't recommend this place enough.