Essaouira Youth Hostel & Social Travel Reviews

17 rue laghrissi, Essaouira, Morocco

Extremely warm welcome from the manager Magic. Felt safe and very clean rooms Rooftop terrace for cooking or chilling Magic man is able to give good guidance on any activities you would want to do.

This hostel was very friendly however there are BED BUGS. They have now travelled home with me and I am having to pay £136 to rid them which makes this hostel a very expensive and painful stay.

the owner is extremely kind, and gave me many tips to visit the sourroundings of essaouira . Thanks for the very nice stay

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Morocco

Great atmosphere and great staff!

This hostel is one of those rare places that feels like you're coming home. Whether you want to party or simply chill, this hostel has an atmosphere like no other. Just turn up, lose yourself and wake up the most relaxed of your life. All the staff are brilliant, especially Magiik the magic man. Have been twice and this is my favourite place to stay in morocco

• 4th Jul 2014

i had an excellent stay at Hostel Essaouira, especially because of the fun staff, the great service and the good overall vibes. Definitely recommendable!

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Morocco

I have visited Hostel Essaouira in June 2012 and in June 2014 for the gnawa festival.The hostel is in the centre of the medina and you can find both food,clothes and crafts or any other shop nearby.The hostel is very nice and has a cool relaxed atmosphere,they have also renovated the ground floor.The staff is very nice and friendly and will help with any question you may have,apart from being also good musicians and cooks.(their couscous is delicious and cheap!).I willl surely go there again.

My friend and I had a great stay at this hostel. The staff were warm and welcoming and helped us more than expected. Our room was upgraded and it was amazing, not what you would expect from a hostel. We were big fans of the roof top, there was a kitchen up there and a few guitars and books. The staff were top, Magicman took us for yoga on the roof and we all had couscous together on the Friday. We had a very relaxing stay and would stay there again.