Essaouira Youth Hostel & Social Travel Reviews

17 rue laghrissi, Essaouira, Morocco

no lockers or room keys and front door is always open, never any toilet paper. fine if you just want a bed not alot of atmosphere. WiFi was good and place was clean, staff are friendly

The place is great very well located in the Medina nice place to meet new people Simon very friendly helpfull thanks Simon for your orientation will defently recomendaron this place

A bit dissapointed with this hostel. My room have been upgraded from female dorm to double private room ensuite with no extra cost. The room is okay but the bathroom is too small. The hot water didn't work well or maybe it takes longer time to work?? The location is excellence. Near supratours bus stop. Only 5-8 mins walk. And located in Medina.

i don't understand why you have been disjointed, we given you a butter room with no extra cost, the map of the town, free tea all day, free and clean towel, the room was clean, you only paid 4.20 euros balance, you said the location was excellent, so why you are not happy... you are not a traveler, you are a tourist you haven't been travelling in the hostels before, so next time go to a hotel it's butter for you

Great place with friendly staff.

The hostel was initially a little difficult to find and I was surprised that it was family run rather than by young travellers, but my stay was so much better because of it: they invités me to eat meals with the family and even took me on my own person alors night tour of the Town. Plus I visited Essaouira during a low season so I ended up having the dorm room all to my self! The staff really made this visit special for me and I will definitely have to return one day! Thank you!!

The staff at Essaouira Youth hostel are amazing, extremely friendly and very flexible, they were very understanding and able to help us out immediately ... thanks so much .. we appreciate it!

Everything perfect!

It's the perfect place! Hot showers, a big community area, the terrace and last but not least very warm hearted staff that helps out with whatever you may need!

We had a fantastic time at Essaouira Youth Hostel & Social Travel and the staff (especially Simon) couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating of our needs and requests. I'd definitely stay again and would wholeheartedly recommend this place to friends

• 1st Dec 2015

the staff is supernice ,friendly and helpful! i love this place!

• 28th Nov 2015
  • Russia

Really nice hostel!! Staff is great and helpful for anything you might need!! Rooms and other facilities are good!! I totally recommend this hostel if you are around Essaouira!!

Kind people, very nice hostel. Offered us all a free meal on one night. Would definitely recommend.

The best hostal in Essaouira. Very nice people, and the manager, Simo, he is a very special and good person. I really enjoyed my time over there. I recomend this hostel 100%. Thanks Essaouira Youth hostel & social travel.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

The employee Ayoub was very friendly and generous, making us feeling comfortable. I would def recommand this place.

No communal area makes it hard to meet people

This hostel is the best in Essaouira! Everything is ready for the guests. Breakfast in the morning...clean rooms...wonderful staff. I stayed here for 1 month and I had the best time of my life...plus I met some really cool people. I loved the vibe in this hostel compared to all the others in the city. Also, it's centrally located right in the middle of the medina. Don't even bother looking anywhere else to stay. STAY HERE!

• 26th Sep 2015

This hostel was absolutely amazing. There was a smaller group of people staying there, but we became a family in the few days we were there. We cooked dinners together, and spent evenings up on the rooftop terrace. Great atmosphere and great location. The owners of the hostel were also very hospitable and made sure we had everything we needed. Will definitely be back!

Bright and airy hostel - the first I've seen in Morocco along with the best sleep I've had yet. Good if cramped facilities though the kitchen could do with a clean. Great value for money. The guy at reception is rarely there though and no lockers that I could see. No breakfast either. Overall a great place for the price though, just be careful getting in the hammock!!

I think the guy at the reception didnt take his work seriously. He was playing music at 1 am and was stoned very often.

• 21st Aug 2015