Essaouira Youth Hostel & Social Travel Reviews

17 rue laghrissi, Essaouira, Morocco

Great atmosphere and great staff!

This hostel is one of those rare places that feels like you're coming home. Whether you want to party or simply chill, this hostel has an atmosphere like no other. Just turn up, lose yourself and wake up the most relaxed of your life. All the staff are brilliant, especially Magiik the magic man. Have been twice and this is my favourite place to stay in morocco

• 4th Jul 2014

i had an excellent stay at Hostel Essaouira, especially because of the fun staff, the great service and the good overall vibes. Definitely recommendable!

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Morocco

My friend and I had a great stay at this hostel. The staff were warm and welcoming and helped us more than expected. Our room was upgraded and it was amazing, not what you would expect from a hostel. We were big fans of the roof top, there was a kitchen up there and a few guitars and books. The staff were top, Magicman took us for yoga on the roof and we all had couscous together on the Friday. We had a very relaxing stay and would stay there again.

I literally ran from here in the dead of night first night having discovered bites all over my face and back..a quick inspection revealed a colony of BEDBUGS in both mattress' in my twin room second floor. I came back a few days later to tell the owner what to do if you have a bedbug infestation but I think it fell on deaf ears.. It can be devastating to your holiday if like me you react badly to bites. Btw Magic, your consolatory gift had as much Bob Marley as a cat with meningitis.

Lovely roof terrace. Good breakfast. A bit difficult to find at first but in a great location within the Medina. Quiet hostel at night which was very welcome and rare in the Medina!! No street noise. Magic is great. He sorted out my bus ticket for me. Thanks for a lovely stay in Essaouira.

Having stayed here previously a number of years ago i found the atmosphere was not as i had remember. Didn't seem as fun. Maybe because their weren't alot of people. The staff are great very friendly and helpful. Slept really well. Location is fantastic. Just a few minutes walk ti the main avenue

Magic is a great host. Essaouria is a beautiful place to visit. Hostel is fun, clean and social. Highly recommend.

it was the best hostel i had ever been... the staff was amazing and the owner "magic man" was the best! thank you for everything and will visit you again! that's for sure! with love from greece!

• 15th Mar 2014