Essaouira Youth Hostel & Social Travel Reviews

17 rue laghrissi, Essaouira, Morocco

Got a great warm welcome from the staff, it was great experience to learn how to prepare Moroccan couscous! Very nice to meet people! Thanks guys!

Really friendly and helpful staff made us feel at home. Amazing atmosphere and vibes, definitely going back soon. Great location and the roof terrace has a BBQ and plenty of sun. Osfour the Manger and Simo the majic number make the place what it is. Thanks

• 29th Oct 2013

A very relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Cleanliness left a bit to be desired but good enough if you're doing things on the cheap. Views/vibe on the rooftop terrace a definite highlight.

A fabulous hostel. Enjoyed my first stay so much I went back for another week. Owner and Simo are friendly and helpful. It is a great place to relax,socialise, meet fellow travellers and learn how to cook Tagines.

• 19th Oct 2013

Essaouira is beautiful and Hostel Essaouira is even better! The owner (brahim) and head of staff (Simo) are two of the coolest, most relaxed, and down to earth guys ever. The real draw of this hostel is the great crowd that it attracts (everyone comes back!). We met some amazing people here which made our trip only better. The accommodations are fun and the building itself is beautiful with multiple �hang out� spots. I would not stay anywhere else in Essaouria.

Fun hostel, great terrace and location. Well, what can we say...Hotel California...check out any time you like but you can never leave. We certainly didn't want to! Great times, thanks so much guys. We now have a special home in Morocco. If you see the pieces of our hearts we left behind keep them safe. Maybe we will meet again some day

• 11th Oct 2013

STAY HERE!!!!!! This place is amazing!! the guys that run it are legends and bang up for a good time. I have stayed in so many places all over the world but this one is up there with the best. Do it, you will not regret it.

Myself and my partner stayed in this delightful oasis of calm in October. It was my 4th time time here and I was so warmly welcomed back. Perfect hostel, perfect hosts, perfect location and perfect vibes. Keep it up Brahim and Magic! The room we were put in was incredible. Will be returning (again!)

The people in the Hostel make you feel like you are staying with family. They can arrange anything you'd ever want, Simo and the other guys helped us with arranging litterally everything we wanted. From changing bustickets to another day even after we already got them, to walking with us to the hamman to book a massage. If you want to eat or drink something in the Hostel you can get it and they also arrange BBQ's and dinners every now and then. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 25th Sep 2013

Great hostel, awesome vibe. The staff are brilliant, rooms are cleaned every day. The rooftop with kitchen is a massive bonus and great place to hang out, not to mention the regular group dinners. Definitely recommend staying here!

Staff amazingly friendly and warm, especially the two Simons... so nice to come into this hotel after being out in the busy Medina, to find a mellow , relaxed ambiance, with good music, welcoming and caring hosts!!! Big, clean rooms, beautiful terrace, lots of space... great breakfast made by the older Simon, who I generous and kind. The younger Simon goes out of his way to always greet with a sincere smile, and I always prepared to help out if you need anything... so happy I found this place!!!

I had a wonderful time in the hostel, very helpful, j'ai adore l'ambiance, tout étais parfait, thank you for everything

• 12th Sep 2013

Perfect hostels with very Nice staff. Thank you Abdel Magied aliass "Magic"!!!

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Belgium

The Hostel was schoking unclean! It was even disgusting!

An amazing hostel/Riad to stay to spend some time in Essaouira. The hostel is a bit remote in the Medina but after a bit of walking you will reach the main streets. The hotel manager Magic is a great person !! The place is lovely and very well decorated and you can see that Magic is a big fan of 70's and 80's music !! If I ever went back to Essaouira, I would book a bed at Hostel Essaouira !!

Although very cheap, it's not worth it! The hostel is filthy and smelly, the rooms horrible with terrible pillows and mattresses. The staff were okay, though not overly friendly, and the location is fine, with Essaouira being pretty small. It was the kind of place where you don't want to touch anything, and was not a good night's sleep!

Great place to stay! Staff is very friendly and helpful, food is great, and hostel is cute and tidy. I highly recommend this place for stay in beautiful Essaouira on a budget. Magic Man is a great help and lovely company.

Not great for a social environment. Staff are not overly friendly. Level of cleanliness is low. Good location

Magic is a great host, will sort you out with anything. Somewhat basic hostel but ticks all the boxes

Was an ok hostel for the price, but my friend and I got eaten by bugs. It looked like bed bugs, we told the staff and he passed them off as mosquito bites (definitely weren't). Booked 5 nights but only stayed 3, he wouldn't give us our money back for the other 2 nights.