Essaouira Youth Hostel & Social Travel Reviews

17 rue laghrissi, Essaouira, Morocco

Myself and my partner stayed in this delightful oasis of calm in October. It was my 4th time time here and I was so warmly welcomed back. Perfect hostel, perfect hosts, perfect location and perfect vibes. Keep it up Brahim and Magic! The room we were put in was incredible. Will be returning (again!)

The people in the Hostel make you feel like you are staying with family. They can arrange anything you'd ever want, Simo and the other guys helped us with arranging litterally everything we wanted. From changing bustickets to another day even after we already got them, to walking with us to the hamman to book a massage. If you want to eat or drink something in the Hostel you can get it and they also arrange BBQ's and dinners every now and then. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 25th Sep 2013

Great hostel, awesome vibe. The staff are brilliant, rooms are cleaned every day. The rooftop with kitchen is a massive bonus and great place to hang out, not to mention the regular group dinners. Definitely recommend staying here!

Staff amazingly friendly and warm, especially the two Simons... so nice to come into this hotel after being out in the busy Medina, to find a mellow , relaxed ambiance, with good music, welcoming and caring hosts!!! Big, clean rooms, beautiful terrace, lots of space... great breakfast made by the older Simon, who I generous and kind. The younger Simon goes out of his way to always greet with a sincere smile, and I always prepared to help out if you need anything... so happy I found this place!!!

I had a wonderful time in the hostel, very helpful, j'ai adore l'ambiance, tout étais parfait, thank you for everything

• 12th Sep 2013

Perfect hostels with very Nice staff. Thank you Abdel Magied aliass "Magic"!!!

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Belgium

The Hostel was schoking unclean! It was even disgusting!

An amazing hostel/Riad to stay to spend some time in Essaouira. The hostel is a bit remote in the Medina but after a bit of walking you will reach the main streets. The hotel manager Magic is a great person !! The place is lovely and very well decorated and you can see that Magic is a big fan of 70's and 80's music !! If I ever went back to Essaouira, I would book a bed at Hostel Essaouira !!

Although very cheap, it's not worth it! The hostel is filthy and smelly, the rooms horrible with terrible pillows and mattresses. The staff were okay, though not overly friendly, and the location is fine, with Essaouira being pretty small. It was the kind of place where you don't want to touch anything, and was not a good night's sleep!

Great place to stay! Staff is very friendly and helpful, food is great, and hostel is cute and tidy. I highly recommend this place for stay in beautiful Essaouira on a budget. Magic Man is a great help and lovely company.

Not great for a social environment. Staff are not overly friendly. Level of cleanliness is low. Good location

Magic is a great host, will sort you out with anything. Somewhat basic hostel but ticks all the boxes

Was an ok hostel for the price, but my friend and I got eaten by bugs. It looked like bed bugs, we told the staff and he passed them off as mosquito bites (definitely weren't). Booked 5 nights but only stayed 3, he wouldn't give us our money back for the other 2 nights.

For the price, it is very good. Magic man is great and will help you out. Nice location in the middle of the medina.

We enjoyed our stay in hostel Essaouira! Breakfast was good, staff is friendly and helpful, beds are good, the terrace on the roof is wonderful and also the bar downstairs is great!

We stayed at Hostel Essaouira for the festival and were really pleased we had chosen to stay there. The staff were so helpful, getting our bus tickets for us and cooking delicious food. The hostel has a great atmosphere. I would definitely recommend.

• 20th Jun 2013

This hostel is run by incredible and super friendly characters. They are entirely hospitable and make you feel right at home. The showers didn't work the night we stayed but its essouera so you can jut swim in the beach :)

nice place in the old town.

No soap anywhere! Or natural light!

Absolutely AMAZING HOSTEL!!! Thanks specially to OMAR, MAGIC and the rest of wonderful staff that made my stay incredible, always attentive and willing...Big party too, great atmosphere, no cons at all. If you plan to stay in Essaouira this is without any kinds of doubt the best place!!! They even invite you to sandwiches, tea and all kinds of stuff like shishas. The decoration is wonderful and they are always playing good music. Rooftop is legendary. Perfect Wifi, perfect showers, PERFECT!