Essaouira Youth Hostel & Social Travel Reviews

17 rue laghrissi, Essaouira, Morocco

Good vibes and friendly and helpfull staff

Best location for the city.. Very quiet room and very clean. Basic facilities but you get what you pay for,l would stay there again, very cheap... Shalom Marocc....

Went for a day, and stayed for 5! Great hostel, Abdulla was the best boss, even all the other guests were amazing! And that hammock.. I could sit in that forever.

If you want a good experience and pure hostel experience go to essaouira hostel , everything is possible with hisham he will make you feel special and confortable , ( Chokran Hisham )

• 15th Apr 2015

if you want to stay at hostel in essaouira , you should stay in essaouira youth hostel , you will be surprised of the staff . hisham is the best man ever , you will feel confortable at the first second no strict rules like you are home , everything is clean nice vip , thank you for everything

• 15th Apr 2015

the man who manage the hostel Hisham made me feel very welcomed and definitely added to my essaouira experience. The common areas were always playing good music and relaxed conversation with other travellers and the staff was always flowing Very friendly and helpful staff at all times. Very good value for money!!!

• Bahrain

Our 2 days in Essouira were very pleasant, unfortunately we were there in very low season so we cannot really comment on the atmosphere but I bet when the hostel is full it has a very nice vibe.

LIke most hostels in Morocco, the value for money here is staggeringly low. I've stayed in cleaner, fresher, more atmospheric places in most of the Third World for half what you pay here. Perhaps should have tried bargaining. The dorm was so small that there is no airflow and the management is haphazard- they never have any change and so ask you every time they see you to pay for the next night despite having no change.

Great if you're trying to save some money! Super cheap. However don't expect too much. You get what you pay for! But clean enough bathrooms, a good place to sleep and a very chilled out vibe.

Extremely warm welcome from the manager Magic. Felt safe and very clean rooms Rooftop terrace for cooking or chilling Magic man is able to give good guidance on any activities you would want to do.

This hostel was very friendly however there are BED BUGS. They have now travelled home with me and I am having to pay £136 to rid them which makes this hostel a very expensive and painful stay.

the owner is extremely kind, and gave me many tips to visit the sourroundings of essaouira . Thanks for the very nice stay

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Morocco

Great atmosphere and great staff!

This hostel is one of those rare places that feels like you're coming home. Whether you want to party or simply chill, this hostel has an atmosphere like no other. Just turn up, lose yourself and wake up the most relaxed of your life. All the staff are brilliant, especially Magiik the magic man. Have been twice and this is my favourite place to stay in morocco

• 4th Jul 2014

i had an excellent stay at Hostel Essaouira, especially because of the fun staff, the great service and the good overall vibes. Definitely recommendable!

I have visited Hostel Essaouira in June 2012 and in June 2014 for the gnawa festival.The hostel is in the centre of the medina and you can find both food,clothes and crafts or any other shop nearby.The hostel is very nice and has a cool relaxed atmosphere,they have also renovated the ground floor.The staff is very nice and friendly and will help with any question you may have,apart from being also good musicians and cooks.(their couscous is delicious and cheap!).I willl surely go there again.

My friend and I had a great stay at this hostel. The staff were warm and welcoming and helped us more than expected. Our room was upgraded and it was amazing, not what you would expect from a hostel. We were big fans of the roof top, there was a kitchen up there and a few guitars and books. The staff were top, Magicman took us for yoga on the roof and we all had couscous together on the Friday. We had a very relaxing stay and would stay there again.

I literally ran from here in the dead of night first night having discovered bites all over my face and back..a quick inspection revealed a colony of BEDBUGS in both mattress' in my twin room second floor. I came back a few days later to tell the owner what to do if you have a bedbug infestation but I think it fell on deaf ears.. It can be devastating to your holiday if like me you react badly to bites. Btw Magic, your consolatory gift had as much Bob Marley as a cat with meningitis.

Lovely roof terrace. Good breakfast. A bit difficult to find at first but in a great location within the Medina. Quiet hostel at night which was very welcome and rare in the Medina!! No street noise. Magic is great. He sorted out my bus ticket for me. Thanks for a lovely stay in Essaouira.

Having stayed here previously a number of years ago i found the atmosphere was not as i had remember. Didn't seem as fun. Maybe because their weren't alot of people. The staff are great very friendly and helpful. Slept really well. Location is fantastic. Just a few minutes walk ti the main avenue

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7