Essaouira Youth Hostel & Social Travel Reviews

17 rue laghrissi, Essaouira, Morocco

This hostel is one of those rare places that feels like you're coming home. Whether you want to party or simply chill, this hostel has an atmosphere like no other. Just turn up, lose yourself and wake up the most relaxed of your life. All the staff are brilliant, especially Magiik the magic man. Have been twice and this is my favourite place to stay in morocco

• 4th Jul 2014

i had an excellent stay at Hostel Essaouira, especially because of the fun staff, the great service and the good overall vibes. Definitely recommendable!

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Morocco

My friend and I had a great stay at this hostel. The staff were warm and welcoming and helped us more than expected. Our room was upgraded and it was amazing, not what you would expect from a hostel. We were big fans of the roof top, there was a kitchen up there and a few guitars and books. The staff were top, Magicman took us for yoga on the roof and we all had couscous together on the Friday. We had a very relaxing stay and would stay there again.

I literally ran from here in the dead of night first night having discovered bites all over my face and back..a quick inspection revealed a colony of BEDBUGS in both mattress' in my twin room second floor. I came back a few days later to tell the owner what to do if you have a bedbug infestation but I think it fell on deaf ears.. It can be devastating to your holiday if like me you react badly to bites. Btw Magic, your consolatory gift had as much Bob Marley as a cat with meningitis.

Lovely roof terrace. Good breakfast. A bit difficult to find at first but in a great location within the Medina. Quiet hostel at night which was very welcome and rare in the Medina!! No street noise. Magic is great. He sorted out my bus ticket for me. Thanks for a lovely stay in Essaouira.

Having stayed here previously a number of years ago i found the atmosphere was not as i had remember. Didn't seem as fun. Maybe because their weren't alot of people. The staff are great very friendly and helpful. Slept really well. Location is fantastic. Just a few minutes walk ti the main avenue

Magic is a great host. Essaouria is a beautiful place to visit. Hostel is fun, clean and social. Highly recommend.

it was the best hostel i had ever been... the staff was amazing and the owner "magic man" was the best! thank you for everything and will visit you again! that's for sure! with love from greece!

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Greece

Great hostel and staff! Great location, nearby Supratours busstop in the heart of the medina of Essaouira. But the best about this hostel is the ambiance and positive vibe. The staff is not only very very friendly and kind. But a lot of fun too, very generous and they do everything they can to make your stay unforgetable. Most of them speak good English. The guests were a colorful mix. The rooms aren't expensive and the atmosphere is priceless. Was supposed to stay only one night, but stayed 4.

It seems to be a cool party place, but not a deal to those who just want to sleep. Very noisy and neither hot water nor doors (!) in the shower.

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Russia

Amazing hostel, amazing staff, more a family than a hostel actually. I planned on staying 3 nights and stayed 6 instead. It felt like home, coming back from a walk and cooking together, making music and singing. Loved it. Im going to be back as soon as possible.

• 7th Dec 2013

We were on the deparment offer by the hostel, its great, a big place with terrace, nice view, space and all integrated. The only bad thing is that boiler hasnt gas, so the water was close, but I really recomend the deparment is really safe and the location is great.

Not very good. No blankets, constructions work on groundfloor...

BED BUGS! Everyone in our room had large amounts of bed bug bites, which the staff unfortunately seemed unfazed about. Disappointing as otherwise it could have been a nice place, but please do not book here until they have cleaned up their act and thrown out their mattresses!

The staff is briljant. Together we made the best Tajine I will ever have. The atmoshpere is relaxed. Single travellers, couples and friends: one big happy family!

great place for young travelers. Very friendly . atmosphere promoted . good location

especially for single travellers hoping to meet people and make friends, and for all travellers to get a feel for the local spots. Having the cafe downstairs was useful !! Good location

• 18th Nov 2013

Great staff, clean and well located. Definetly one of the best hostels in Marocco.

• 17th Nov 2013

The hostel was very difficult to locate, they tell you to follow the signs but they are all rusted over and illegible. But it is a great place to tour around Essaouira from. The hostel was not very busy, so my friend and I were given our own room, which I really appreciated.

war es zu begrüßen, wie bei uns danken Ihnen für Ihre Hilfe, ich danke Ihnen sehr für den marokkanischen Tee und Gitarrenmusik

• 13th Nov 2013