9.2
Superb 837 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 837 Total Reviews
Essaouira Youth Hostel & Social Travel Located at 17 rue laghrissi, , Essaouira.
Morocco
Essaouira 44000 17 rue laghrissi
92% 837
31.5142695 -9.7665023
    Rooms available

8th Apr 2016
7.4

My stay at this hostel was okay. The staff was very friendly. Two negatives. Our toilet did not flush. We were not there for very long so it was not a big issue, but it could've been. Second, next to our door, were two medium windows, one on top of the other. We were able to close the bottom one, but not the top one no matter how hard we tried. This meant that someone could open the top one, unlock the bottom and come into our room. Not secure at all. It also meant that we could hear everything

• Italy, Female, 25-30
22nd Mar 2016

Amazing hostel, great and nice staff, perfect location!

• jeltok9507
  • Russia, Female, 31-40
14th Mar 2016

The first Hostel in Morocco I found myself without help of other people! A good place where are even two kitchens . I cooked scrambled eggs and even fried eggplant in the kitchen on the ground floor . Oil and salt and pan were gave me . It the hostel are great showers with hot water. The owner Simon helped me to repeat my French and I had to say not "sunset", but "coucher du soleil"!! Very friendly Simon and his colleagues too.

• USA, Male, 25-30
13th Mar 2016

An excellent hostel in Essaouira's medina. A great, relaxed atmosphere where you can meet new people or simply just sit back after a long day of traveling. Has a homey feeling, with a nice living room/eating area on the first floor plus a wonderful terrace on top. Simon is genuinely friendly, a super local musician and can help you with everything from renting a bicycle to riding horses.

11th Mar 2016

Really nice hangout spots, big lockers in the room, great rooftop terrace setup with a whole other kitchen besides the fantastic one on the bottom floor. Late night reception, but cold water when I tried the shower.

• England, Female, 18-24
21st Jan 2016
5.1

no lockers or room keys and front door is always open, never any toilet paper. fine if you just want a bed not alot of atmosphere. WiFi was good and place was clean, staff are friendly

7th Jan 2016

The place is great very well located in the Medina nice place to meet new people Simon very friendly helpfull thanks Simon for your orientation will defently recomendaron this place

• Indonesia, Female, 31-40
5th Jan 2016
7.4

A bit dissapointed with this hostel. My room have been upgraded from female dorm to double private room ensuite with no extra cost. The room is okay but the bathroom is too small. The hot water didn't work well or maybe it takes longer time to work?? The location is excellence. Near supratours bus stop. Only 5-8 mins walk. And located in Medina.

i don't understand why you have been disjointed, we given you a butter room with no extra cost, the map of the town, free tea all day, free and clean towel, the room was clean, you only paid 4.20 euros balance, you said the location was excellent, so why you are not happy... you are not a traveler, you are a tourist you haven't been travelling in the hostels before, so next time go to a hotel it's butter for you

19th Dec 2015

Great place with friendly staff.

18th Dec 2015

The hostel was initially a little difficult to find and I was surprised that it was family run rather than by young travellers, but my stay was so much better because of it: they invités me to eat meals with the family and even took me on my own person alors night tour of the Town. Plus I visited Essaouira during a low season so I ended up having the dorm room all to my self! The staff really made this visit special for me and I will definitely have to return one day! Thank you!!