Essiale B&B Reviews

Via Gropallo n.14/2, Genoa, Italy

No Rating

Very gracious host. Very clean and spacious. Good location near Metro and buses.

Being close to the train station was convenient. The staff was very nice and answered all my questions. The facilities were better than expected. Breakfast was excellent.

Very, very nice people, who recieve their guests like friends. Breakfast is excellent. Tea, coffee, toast, cake, eggs, bolied or fried, whatever you like - my compliments for Paola and Francisco!!e

The best place we stayed on our trip! Great Host, Paola was so friendly and helpful, he was great. He gave us tips on what to do in Genova since we were only staying 1 night. Room had air conditioning which was so comfortable, amazing king sized bed, massive room, stone styled floor, great deco, fridge, free wifi, tiled floor bathroom with a great shower. Breakfast was great, toast, different cakes, good coffee, hot chocolate, yoghurt, cereal, the works! Paola made it all, he is an amazing host

Nice B&B and excellent breakfast. Not very easy to find. Be aware the the owner doesn't speak English.

Lovely people ensured a pleasant stay.

great house, beautiful room and apartment and amazing breakfast, Just seems a lot of money for a B+B and shared bathroom..

it was totally great. very close to everything. perfect breakfast. fun italian grandma who makes you feel part of the family without any drama. : )

• 21st Aug 2011

Nice place. very hospitable and friendly owner signor Francesco. Great breakfast and excellent coffee!

We went in Genoa for the a long week end. This B&B was perfect, charming, very close to the city and the train station Brignole. The room was beautiful, big double bed. The host was really nice and took a lots of time to explain to us everything.I will recommand this hostel and book it again if I had to return in Genoa.

Owners were extremely helpful and friendly relating to all travel concerns and the property was in immaculate condition only a short walk to the centre of town and the station

Owner was really nice. Breakfast was excellent. Really hard to park but would recommend it

I unexpectedly had to change my plans, and leave a day early. The owners were fine with this, found somebody else to take my place and refunded me the cost of the room. They were really excellent.

I stayed there for one night. Good location (near historic centre and very close to train station). Room good and clean, but not ideal if you are allergic (because of old wallpapers and carpets). The owners' were a bit moody - sometimes nice and helpful, but sometimes quite unfriendly, giving you the impression that you are an intruder into their private life. Therefore, I would probably not return to this place.

Impeccably clean and run by a very friendly couple. It's not right in the heart of Genoa but the 15 minute stroll to the old town is a pleasant one. It's still a B&B rather than a hostel or hotel and so returning late felt like creeping back into my parent's house! Obviously this isn't a fault on their part. Would recommend or a quiet & relaxing stay.

Very clean and nice place to stay if you want to explore Genoa. Run by a lovely italain couple. The included breakfast is excellent and they even cooked us eggs. Very clean too. I would definately stay here again.

The room was very nice & clean, however the place smelled rather musty. very convenient to the rail station , but downside was the trains were very noisy and couldn\'t leave the window open. Breakfast was excellent.

was really worth the price. Superb breakfast, cleanliness, owners very very helpfull. B&B is centre town, so i went everywhere by foot. Owners suggested also a very good restaurant in the old city

Was very nice, ideal if you want to relax.

Nice hostess, near to one of the stations (but not the main station!) and comfortable rooms. Good all round, just make sure you know where to catch your train from!

View all Genoa Bed and Breakfasts