Estacao do Mangue Hostel Reviews

Rua Raymundo Gomes Gondim, 26, Boa Viagem, Recife, Recife, Brazil

Stuff magically disappeared! Staff said they weren't responsible, no other guests where in our room.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Lying to the customer is a step 1 failure in any business. Booked a 6 bed dorm and was told only an 8 bed left available. The room only could realistically could fit 4 beds. Felt like a prison room, then during the middle of the night another person came into the room and removed a mattress from under a bed and went out to sleep on the balcony. Crazy stuff. Would NOT recommend staying here! Avoid at all costs

Hostel was nice, the garden is great! Rooms are a bit small but everything somehow fits in :p everything is clean and the atmosphere is good. The owner is very friendly and willing to help you with anything if you ask. Staff was very friendly, too. We had a great time!

We stayed only one night there. But it was a good time.

Unfortunately I was only there for not even a night, due to an early morning flight I had to catch, but I felt safe and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. Thank you

I think they can improve the showers upstairs with hotwater.

I enjoyed my time in Recife and I thought the staff were great. The space in the shared rooms was a bit more cramped than other hostels I've stayed in, and it was a bit cheeky to fit an extra bed in there at the last minute. The air conditioning, while great for some, was horrible for me and I got sick afterwards. It would be good to either limit it or supply extra sheets for the people who don't want to complain about it for the sake of others in the room, but are freezing their arse off!

• 8th Aug 2014