Estrella de Mar Hostel Reviews

Carrer Turisme, 60 - 70, Calella, Spain

Very good value for money. We were 5 young people and thoroughly enjoyed the hostel - which seemed more like a hotel sometimes. The atmosphere when we were there was quite quiet though and there were quite a lot of older people with families which wasn't quite what we were after. Apart from that, no complaints though.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A LOT of youngsters, mostly from Germany. Be ready to listen how people puke and shouting all the night long. Staff is friendly but hardly speaking english. Breakfast are for 2.5 eur, but there is no information about it. And the most problematic is the security system. They offer kind of safe boxes with programmed keys. My key was suitable for 2 boxes in the room out of 4. It means there is possibility other people will be open your box also. Don't rely on their security system.

BEST hostel I've stayed in in my 4 months backpacking. 20-30min walk from train. Close to beautiful beach, shops and cafés. SUPER clean and new facilities. Rooms great with big lockers, comfy beds. Wish I could've stayed longer! Not a party hostel, nice and quiet and early quiet time.

All the staff were friendly and helpful. They sorted a problem with one of the beds quickly and without fuss. Would have liked the room floor to be brushed & mopped more often but did it myself which I didn't mind doing. Estelle was particularly lovely and went the extra mile for us when we had a problem that was nothing to do with the hostel. My son will be staying again.

Friendly staff and great, clean rooms. Thank you for the great stay!