Ethic Etapes Centre Européen de Séjour Calais Reviews

Avenue du Maréchal De Lattre de Tassigny, Calais, France

The staff were brilliant ,not only when I arrived but when my car broke down they tried everything the get me started fortunately there were fellow guest who help me to start on my journey home , the directions to the ferry were given marked out on a map by the receptionist which was most helpful, I have used many hotels through out my life time and I do not believe I have found a more Friendly, Patient and kind people, to stay with

• 27th Jul 2015

Where the hell is this place?! There was not another living human in town. Ethnic Etapes Center was almost completely empty during my stay. The staff really did try to make it a pleasant stay. If you know French and are looking for a place to stay before/after taking the ferry across the Channel this is a good spot. Not a hostel for partying or meeting people who speak English. Very close to the beach and the ocean views were nice.

We always stop at the hostel before we set off for Europe as it is in a wonderful location and is always clean and comfortable and relaxed. Room is basic but good for a night. Location is brilliant. 100 yards from the beach and good restaurants. And parking is plentiful.

• 20th Jul 2015

Very helpful staff. Unfortunate that it took so long to find my reservation & that I had already put down a deposit.

The hostel is only a minute away Form the Beach. You can see the Beach directly from some rooms.

The place advertises as a hotel but is a very classic youth hostel indeed, only that it has more twin rooms and you don't need a membership card. Atmosphere, room and facilities are really not what you'd want for your money and breakfast is so Frenchly scanty that it's shocking - but the staff will give you a brilliant welcome, you sleep okay and you'll only walk 200 meters to the vast beach, it's beautitul!