Fabulous 118 Total Reviews
Fabulous 118 Total Reviews
Ethic Etapes Centre Européen de Séjour Calais Located at Avenue du Maréchal De Lattre de Tassigny, , Calais.
France
Calais 62100 Avenue du Maréchal De Lattre de Tassigny
83% 118
50.9637111 1.8420124
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 41+
9th Nov 2015

Exceptional hostel, probably the best I've stayed in. Little touches were what made it so enjoyable, like extra blankets stacked in the rooms in case you needed one or bedside lights attached to the beds individually for reading etc. The staff were brilliant, really friendly and helpful and there was a great atmosphere in the place. It's really well positioned for the ferry port , beach and town centre. Bravo!

18th Sep 2015
7.7

Stayed for Friday and Saturday night. Most of the staff were very good. Did get told off for not leaving my key at reception, even though no one told me I had to when I checked in. Didn't see any kind of kitchen for cooking yourself. Breakfast was quite standard, cereals, bread, jam, coffee and crepes, no meats or cheeses though. Rooms clean and basic. Hostel was very quiet. One very good note they allowed me to park my motorcycle in the locked back compound. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Indonesia, Female, 18-24
17th Sep 2015
8.0

While I personally enjoyed my stay in the hostel, I am concerned with the casual racism that is shown by a number of staff. For instance, two friends of mine who both are brown (British Pakistanis) were not allowed to book a room, and it was only when they presented their British passports that they were given a room. This is something that I find surprising, as anyone who are willing to pay should be allowed to book a room, regardless of nationality, race, etc.

Hello Shaffira, Thank you for your comment. We want to react to your feeling of "casual racism" to which we clearly and firmly object. We have always welcomed EVERYONE from countries all over the world and with no distinction what so ever, this is part of our functionning and reason of being. We do have legal obligations to ask for a passport or ID to every person who wishes to sleep here, from there I believe comes your misunderstanding about your two friends. Best regards Pauline

• England, Male, 18-24
5th Sep 2015

A good deal, we ended up enjoying our first stay enough to book a second. Very friendly staff and decent rooms. Could do with a cooking area and a bit more choice for breakfast though. An 8 out of 10 for me

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Sep 2015
7.7

This is a fine hostel to stay in Calais. It is a bit out of the centre but it is close to the ferry port and right on the beach which is lovely. The rooms are simple but clean and bright, and there are good facilities such as a pool table, a bar and a lovely little library with a great selection of books.

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Aug 2015
8.0

Very good. The room was clean, the staff were helpful and there were good facilities.

• dianekaroui2973
  • England, Female, 41+
7th Aug 2015

Quiet but full of people. Its in a pleasant location, near the expanse of white beach. Friendly and helpful staff and a very good breakfast. One criticism the check in and check out are too restrictive, make them 2pm and 11pm respectively. Having said that they kindly let me check in on my arrival at 1pm because the room was empty the night before. I'd been in the ferry port since 5am so was delighted.

• England, Male, 41+
27th Jul 2015

The staff were brilliant ,not only when I arrived but when my car broke down they tried everything the get me started fortunately there were fellow guest who help me to start on my journey home , the directions to the ferry were given marked out on a map by the receptionist which was most helpful, I have used many hotels through out my life time and I do not believe I have found a more Friendly, Patient and kind people, to stay with

24th Jul 2015
6.3

Where the hell is this place?! There was not another living human in town. Ethnic Etapes Center was almost completely empty during my stay. The staff really did try to make it a pleasant stay. If you know French and are looking for a place to stay before/after taking the ferry across the Channel this is a good spot. Not a hostel for partying or meeting people who speak English. Very close to the beach and the ocean views were nice.

• England, Male, 41+
20th Jul 2015

We always stop at the hostel before we set off for Europe as it is in a wonderful location and is always clean and comfortable and relaxed. Room is basic but good for a night. Location is brilliant. 100 yards from the beach and good restaurants. And parking is plentiful.