Ethic Etapes Centre Européen de Séjour Calais Reviews

Avenue du Maréchal De Lattre de Tassigny, Calais, France

Was a very nice hostel. A bit expensive for a hostel however. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good location to port and beaches. Limited wifi access but the beach had free wifi so wasn't an issue.

excellent hostel , very well located, with staff very kindly, room very clean, and breakfast included it's pity they have not computer for customer i recommand this youth hostel

Most friendly and welcoming, Nice quiet area and considerate guests eg quiet late at night

Very nice staff, good breakfast for a hostel.

Own room 300m from the beach with a sea view, watching car ferries go back and forth, and for less than 30 Euroes. Wonderful. But note car parking is not secure.

Very helpful staff. great location, clean with good facility's.. This hostel exceeded my expectations, I would recommend to friends and stay there again.

Real actual beds, in a hostel. Amazing. My android tablet could not connect to their WiFi. Have experienced this same problem in a few other places. Requires the IP address and other codes to be installed manually. The guy in a third world Dominican Republic hotel could do this. Seems nobody in France can do similar. Without internet, life in a foreign country, is miserable. March, few tourists so the eary silence is understandable. I am sure in July, the atmosphere will be more lively.

Stayed overnight after catching the ferry from Dover, and before continuing through to Berlin by train. Exactly what we wanted for one night, nothing too expensive and close enough to the trains. It was hard to find the hostel, but once we arrived the receptionist was very nice and welcoming and helped us with directions. Complementary breakfast was fantastic for a little hostel, and was available from very early in the morning.

This place was ok for a quick stay but i would not stay longer. internet did not work at all and they didnt have a ticket for it the night i arrive so i had to wait for the till morning to get my wifi ticket, then in morning it didnt work in my room only in reception and very slow...when i asked to use their computer they wanted to charge me! The room was good but no locker for personal stuff if you go to beach in the morning... People were nice and breakfast was good !!

Very friendly staff, made stay very easy and free breakfast was great!

Wasted hours of my precious time waiting around as I was not offered baggage storage when I arrived. Receptionist did not speak ANY English. Shower recess was mouldy internet access limited

The staff was friendly and helpful. The hostel is probably very big so we never saw any other guests -that felt weird. Breakfast was nice. Other than that, it's ok if you're just there overnight to hop on the ferry the next day (the ferry's aproximately a 5-10 min. drive away).

The staff were all very helpful and very kind. The hostel is near the bus line, and the easy walk directly from the train station was about 30 minutes. I especially appreciated the desk being staffed 24 hours/day, as I had a very early morning train to catch; they arranged a taxi for me and were there to help when the taxi came. A good dinner, reasonably priced, was available in the hostel one night; nearby restaurants were available the other. Good breakfast included. Many thanks to all!

• 4th Oct 2012

Everything was great... Very good location and very kind staff. The only bad point was that Internet was not working so well when I was there (I had to go out of my room)

The hostel is more than enough for the money you pay. Its location is perfect next to the port, beach and the city center. Irecomend this hostel

Excellent beakfast, staff is helpfull

Good location right on the beach, rooms were not as clean as they could be. Internet connection in the lobby was weak. Front desk help was very nice and helpful.

I have stayed at dearer hotels in Calais which were'nt nearly as good.

• 17th Apr 2012

nice hostel but location not so good

Very good hostel with nice facilities. The staff was very polite and helpful. Really surprise to find a member of the staff speaking Italian :)