Éthic étapes Patrick Varangot Reviews

37, avenue du R�v�rend p�re Umbricht, BP 108 Saint-malo, Saint Malo, France

It is what you think it is.

I liked that breakfast was included, and the evening meal available was really nice, yet cheap. It was a great location for the beach, and has good bus links to the station and intra-muros of St Malo.

The hostel is 15 mins from the centre of Saint Malo, but that's better because you can walk by the beach and visit the town I really recommend going there. The shuttle to mont Saint-Michel passes EXACTLY in front of the hostel

Wonderful, big, spacious. Great yogurt for breakfast. English speaking staff. It is like a little village. Only one pot in the kitchen, but 5 frying pans! Booking was difficult and prices were different when I arrived.

Have to have a card to live here. Never be demanded a card for youth hostel before. Only 1 plug for 2 people.

This hostel was right by the beach, which I really enjoyed. It was also very clean, the staff were helpful, the kitchen was well-equipped, and the breakfast was good. The downsides were that the wifi doesn't work in the rooms, and you have to go outside to go to the common areas with wifi (not fun when it's raining). It may be because I was there in the off season, but there was no atmosphere at all, the place seemed almost deserted and didn't have the friendly, sociable feel that I prefer.

My only complaint was that the wifi didn't work for me.

• 18th Feb 2015