Etnico Eco Hostel Reviews

Colo Colo # 36, Holzapfel & Colo Colo, Pucon, Chile

The staff were nice, and this was a secure hostel. I found the place generally felt quite dirty though, and pretty freezing, you'll need a warm sleeping bag.

Really good hostel, extremely helpful and friendly staff! Only downside is the bathroom - only one! But otherwise I would definitely recommend!

Had a fantastic stay at Etnico Eco Lodge, the staff were so friendly and accommodating and I loved staying at such an ecological and environmentally concious hostel. Would highly recommend.

• 31st Mar 2015

It is not currently tourist season, which is great! There was plenty of space and the hostel staff were incredibly helpful, for whatever I needed. They made sure I had extra blankets and was included in activities around the hostel. They also made sure I had easy access to activities around Pucon and were knowledgeable as to where to go for adventure as well as dinner!

Excellent hostel! Great new toilets, great swimming pool with an outstanding view of the volcano. The staff very helpful with everything. Lots of places around the hostel to chill out and enjoy Pucon. Thank you, hope to visit again

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Chile

Excellent place to stay! - Good view of the volcano, nice rooms and very friendly staff. Great location, and great swimming pool and close to everything, 2 blocks from the beach! I recommend it 100% for people that are thinking of visiting Pucón. Thank you staff for everything, loved the experience Hope to see you again

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Chile

Staff were superb! They organised numerous activities for us including white water rafting and a tour to the hot springs with ease. They even facilitated us watching an obscure rugby match from Ireland after our designated check out time. Minor complaints would be the lack of bathrooms (only two) and that the room could have been a bit cleaner. Overall though I would recommend the Etnico Eco Hostel to anyone!

• 12th Mar 2015

Upon arrival the staff at Eco Etnico walked me through the hostel and showed me where everything was. There is an excellent kitchen complete with all the utensils one needs to make a first class meal in a first class place! The grounds are tranquil by day and fun at night with hammocks for your napping needs and salsa for your dancing needs. I will come back here each time I stay in Pucon, it is my favorite place! Thanks Eco Etnico, for a wonderful and comfortable stay!

vas very noisy at night

Definetely recommended. The atmosphere is great, a nice vibe. It is walking distant from the beach.

Overall it was OK, it can do with more bathrooms and a bit of cleanliness but the biggest problem for us was the noise. People kept partying untill 3-4 AM and stuff did nothing in order to quiet them down or at least make them go further in the garden. So if you're value your sleep you better choose another one.

Really fun and welcoming, with a great view of the volcano!

Great place... It has a really cool energy, we met so many interesting people, had a great time.

superrrrr!!!!! great staff, great place to stay!!!!!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Chile

Great hostel, has a cottage feel and great atmosphere! However the fight for the bathroom can be annoying.

Best hostel I've stayed in so far after 5 months of South America. Has a really chilled friendly vibe. There are about 1000 different areas to chill and it even has a swimming pool. The beds are really comfortable and the kitchen was also really nice. Friendly staff. Would highly recommend this hostel!

This place is awesome! Fig trees, grapes, cherries and an herb garden. An awesome dog named Thomas and super friendly staff. Whatever adventure you're interested in, staff knows how to get you there and make it super easy to participate! The place is clean but well used by the many people that enjoy the poolside, garden patio atmosphere. The staff seem to be constantly improving the space, and there is a homey feel. I am sad that I cannot live here!

The location was good, a little off the beaten path with a large outdoor space. The staff was friendly and informative. I wouldn't recommend this hostel though if you value cleanliness. Perhaps it's partly our fault for not really understanding the eco hotel model, but the hostel itself felt unclean. The bedroom smelled very dank like it had flooded and not been properly cleaned. The bedspreads looked unwashed and sheets worn. There was one indoor bathroom and an outdoor, very dirty bathroom.

Very nice hostel, great choice for Pucon. Lovely building with spacious rooms and nice common areas. Nice friendly atmosphere. Good kitchen facilities although it got a bit crowded at peak times. By far the biggest problem was the lack of bathrooms for that amount of people - you almost constantly have to wait for a bit if you want to go as someone constantly seems to be having a shower, which is frustrating but not the end of the world.

The only problem is that I couldn't live there.

• 11th Jan 2015