Etnico Eco Hostel Reviews

Colo Colo # 36, Holzapfel & Colo Colo, Pucon, Chile

Ethnico eco is an amazing place! Firstly, the amount of land they have is incredible, and they've made great use of it. There is a pool, which is perfect for when you need to cool off, ample furniture to relax on and a beautiful garden. Generally there is a great atmosphere, but the one thing i would say is that do not expect to get a good nights sleep here, as stays very noisy in and around the hostel until very late. If you need to be up early, i suggest finding somewhere else to stay!

It's a beautifull places, very nice people in here, and very confortable all.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Chile

Excellent staff, place and vibe. Very good eco-approach. Good job.

This was my first time at a hostel and I was not expecting the hostel to be so cool.

• 22nd Jan 2016

The facilities are really good with a big yard and a pool to swim in. The staff are also really friendly and helpful. The location is a bit loud in the high season, many cars driving by late at night and loud people in the streets. It can also be very crowded at some times, especially using the kitchen.

The best atmosphere and best staff

We paid 10,000 peso for one night in a room which includes 14 beds and there's no door! The lockers for saving our staff were broken, and there was only one bathroom for all of the 14 people in this room. REALLY doesn't justify this big price.

• 12th Jan 2016
  • Israel

This is probably my favorite hostel I've ever stayed in! Sure, there's only 3 bathrooms and it's pretty rustic, but everyone who stays there and especially everyone who works there is FANTASTIC and there's this great community and atmosphere about it. Only hostel where I've seen the whole staff hang out and made friends with the guests! Loved it.

It really makes a difference when the owners passionately care about your stay and experiences. Good to see recycling in action, but needs more ventilation in the 14bed dorm (if the one next to the window closes it, you've had it basically). Great communal areas to unwind and meet people.

Generally good, staff friendly, pool a bit murky and bedrooms could do with more lighting. We had a nice stay there and a good location from which to explore Pucon.

• 4th Jan 2016

You guys were fantastic!!! I felt so at home at Etnico and could imagine working in Pucon and staying with you guys for months. I found myself not wanting to leave with a great atmosphere and fantastic welcoming staff. You have created something very special. If you ever need anything or anyone I would definitely come back. All the best and thank you for giving me a home away from home!

A good place to stay, they help you book activities and are very kind. Small kitchen, but it worked. Only there barhrooms on the whole hostel

Great hostel all staff are amazing, help with everything you need and the hostel is built really good with a big kitchen and huge commen room where everyone can sit and talk and eat toghther, made my stay in pucon that much better, really recomend

• 10th Dec 2015

We absolutely loved this hostel. My friend and only stayed here one night, but wished we could have spent many more here. Although it is slightly farther away from town than some other hostels, it is only a few blocks and feels very peaceful and homey. We loved the huge yard, cherry trees, dogs, facilities and overall atmosphere. This hostel has great staff who will help you arrange all kinds of activities available in Pucon. We highly recommend staying here.

Really cool hostel! Highly recommend!

Was very happy with my stay, great people there and easy to ger activities planned. Definitely recommend!

Give this quiet hostel a chance! I passed a few very happy days hanging out with the team at Etnico. The kitchen was amazing, the WiFi was always working, and it was probably the best shower I've had since leaving home! Close to the beach, a few blocks from the supermarket and a beautiful back garden. Was super chilled reception wise so I didn't get that much information on tours or activities when I arrived but everyone working there knows everything there is to know! Thanks for hospitality!

Rofo and Pau are great hosts and Javier and Pancho are really cool guys to have around. It doesn't matter if you're the only guest or one of 25, staying here feels like staying with friends in a big, comfy house. The facilities are great, location is excellent and the staff are really knowledgeable about the activities in the local area.

I loved staying at Etnico! The staff and owners were very friendly, I met many great people from different countries staying there, the facilities were great and Pucon is beautiful. My room and bed were clean and comfortable, the showers had endless hot water (not common at most hostels I've been to), and the kitchen had everything you need to cook. Thank you Rodolfo and Paola for such a great stay!

• 5th Oct 2015

I have stayed at Etnico over 20 nights during my two trips to Chile. The atmosphere is welcoming, comfortable, and genuine. The staff takes an interest in the guest experience, both within the Hostel and around Pucon. The rooms are spacious, and there is a wicked back yard (pool, bbq, garden...)