Etnico Eco Hostel Reviews

Colo Colo # 36, Holzapfel & Colo Colo, Pucon, Chile

vas very noisy at night

Definetely recommended. The atmosphere is great, a nice vibe. It is walking distant from the beach.

Overall it was OK, it can do with more bathrooms and a bit of cleanliness but the biggest problem for us was the noise. People kept partying untill 3-4 AM and stuff did nothing in order to quiet them down or at least make them go further in the garden. So if you're value your sleep you better choose another one.

Really fun and welcoming, with a great view of the volcano!

Great place... It has a really cool energy, we met so many interesting people, had a great time.

superrrrr!!!!! great staff, great place to stay!!!!!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Chile

Great hostel, has a cottage feel and great atmosphere! However the fight for the bathroom can be annoying.

The location was good, a little off the beaten path with a large outdoor space. The staff was friendly and informative. I wouldn't recommend this hostel though if you value cleanliness. Perhaps it's partly our fault for not really understanding the eco hotel model, but the hostel itself felt unclean. The bedroom smelled very dank like it had flooded and not been properly cleaned. The bedspreads looked unwashed and sheets worn. There was one indoor bathroom and an outdoor, very dirty bathroom.

Very nice hostel, great choice for Pucon. Lovely building with spacious rooms and nice common areas. Nice friendly atmosphere. Good kitchen facilities although it got a bit crowded at peak times. By far the biggest problem was the lack of bathrooms for that amount of people - you almost constantly have to wait for a bit if you want to go as someone constantly seems to be having a shower, which is frustrating but not the end of the world.

The only problem is that I couldn't live there.

• 11th Jan 2015

I think this hostel has a lot going for it, but unfortunately didn't quite hit the mark on a few things. The outdoor area is great, especially being able to help yourself to herbs from their vegetable garden. Unfortunately the pool is green and you can't swim in it. Breakfast is not included and yet the price is the same as at other hostels where it is included. The 14 bed dorm is in the attic and while there are no bunk beds, one bathroom between 14 is a bit awkward!

Really loved this place, wish I had stayed longer. However, there was a small quirk with my stay - when I arrived and checked in, they showed me to a bed I was to be sleeping for the night. Sometime in the middle of the night, I got woken by a girl who told me I was sleeping in her bed. Awkward.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Bulgaria

more bathrooms are needed. they are building more thou. everything else, perfect

This is a great hostel, complete with a vegie patch and chill out areas. There are limited showers which was fine for me but others did complain. It is a very friendly atmosphere and social kitchen.

Great vibe, super helpful staff!

• 4th Jan 2015

We had a lovely stay! We felt immediately at home. The staff was really helpful and kind! Beds were new, we slept so good! The garden was a great please to relax in the middle of all the things you can do in Pucon! Thank you so much!!!

• 3rd Jan 2015

Thank you very much! It was nice to have you here at Etnico Eco Hostel!

We booked the private room for NYE excited to stay there after seeing pictures and fantastic reviews. Unfortunately we were disappointed upon arrival. *Nice property, but furthest hostel from the center (& bus terminal). *Staff unwelcoming. No mention of activities to do, just the keys to room after payment. No map of town. Unfriendly. *The pool was too dirty to swim. *They had a large NYE party & never told us about it. *No breakfast *Lights went out randomly *Really expensive. DON'T GO.

Amazing place, amazing staff, amazing location in the most beautiful chillean city. And the staff will make you feel like you are staying at hoje. I was going to spend 6 nights and I ended up living there for 15 days.

Thank you very much! It was realy nice to have you here! And maybe you're coming back some day!

Excellent hostel, lovely grounds. The owners are very passionate about what they are trying to acheive with both the hostels atmosphere & its carbon footprint, & it shows. All members of staff were approachable & helpful. HIghly recommended (& great directions from bus station - not always the case with other hostels I have found) Thank you Etnico Eco

Really nice ecofrendly hostal, with every features you need and a great staff!

Thank you very much! All the best for you!