Etnico Eco Hostel Reviews

Colo Colo # 36, Holzapfel & Colo Colo, Pucon, Chile

Excellent hostel! Great new toilets, great swimming pool with an outstanding view of the volcano. The staff very helpful with everything. Lots of places around the hostel to chill out and enjoy Pucon. Thank you, hope to visit again

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Chile

Excellent place to stay! - Good view of the volcano, nice rooms and very friendly staff. Great location, and great swimming pool and close to everything, 2 blocks from the beach! I recommend it 100% for people that are thinking of visiting Pucón. Thank you staff for everything, loved the experience Hope to see you again

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Chile

Staff were superb! They organised numerous activities for us including white water rafting and a tour to the hot springs with ease. They even facilitated us watching an obscure rugby match from Ireland after our designated check out time. Minor complaints would be the lack of bathrooms (only two) and that the room could have been a bit cleaner. Overall though I would recommend the Etnico Eco Hostel to anyone!

• 12th Mar 2015

Upon arrival the staff at Eco Etnico walked me through the hostel and showed me where everything was. There is an excellent kitchen complete with all the utensils one needs to make a first class meal in a first class place! The grounds are tranquil by day and fun at night with hammocks for your napping needs and salsa for your dancing needs. I will come back here each time I stay in Pucon, it is my favorite place! Thanks Eco Etnico, for a wonderful and comfortable stay!

vas very noisy at night

Definetely recommended. The atmosphere is great, a nice vibe. It is walking distant from the beach.

Overall it was OK, it can do with more bathrooms and a bit of cleanliness but the biggest problem for us was the noise. People kept partying untill 3-4 AM and stuff did nothing in order to quiet them down or at least make them go further in the garden. So if you're value your sleep you better choose another one.

Really fun and welcoming, with a great view of the volcano!

Great place... It has a really cool energy, we met so many interesting people, had a great time.

superrrrr!!!!! great staff, great place to stay!!!!!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Chile

Great hostel, has a cottage feel and great atmosphere! However the fight for the bathroom can be annoying.

This place is awesome! Fig trees, grapes, cherries and an herb garden. An awesome dog named Thomas and super friendly staff. Whatever adventure you're interested in, staff knows how to get you there and make it super easy to participate! The place is clean but well used by the many people that enjoy the poolside, garden patio atmosphere. The staff seem to be constantly improving the space, and there is a homey feel. I am sad that I cannot live here!

The location was good, a little off the beaten path with a large outdoor space. The staff was friendly and informative. I wouldn't recommend this hostel though if you value cleanliness. Perhaps it's partly our fault for not really understanding the eco hotel model, but the hostel itself felt unclean. The bedroom smelled very dank like it had flooded and not been properly cleaned. The bedspreads looked unwashed and sheets worn. There was one indoor bathroom and an outdoor, very dirty bathroom.

Very nice hostel, great choice for Pucon. Lovely building with spacious rooms and nice common areas. Nice friendly atmosphere. Good kitchen facilities although it got a bit crowded at peak times. By far the biggest problem was the lack of bathrooms for that amount of people - you almost constantly have to wait for a bit if you want to go as someone constantly seems to be having a shower, which is frustrating but not the end of the world.

The only problem is that I couldn't live there.

• 11th Jan 2015

I think this hostel has a lot going for it, but unfortunately didn't quite hit the mark on a few things. The outdoor area is great, especially being able to help yourself to herbs from their vegetable garden. Unfortunately the pool is green and you can't swim in it. Breakfast is not included and yet the price is the same as at other hostels where it is included. The 14 bed dorm is in the attic and while there are no bunk beds, one bathroom between 14 is a bit awkward!

Really loved this place, wish I had stayed longer. However, there was a small quirk with my stay - when I arrived and checked in, they showed me to a bed I was to be sleeping for the night. Sometime in the middle of the night, I got woken by a girl who told me I was sleeping in her bed. Awkward.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Bulgaria

more bathrooms are needed. they are building more thou. everything else, perfect

This is a great hostel, complete with a vegie patch and chill out areas. There are limited showers which was fine for me but others did complain. It is a very friendly atmosphere and social kitchen.

Great vibe, super helpful staff!

• 4th Jan 2015