Etnico Eco Hostel Reviews

Colo Colo # 36, Holzapfel & Colo Colo, Pucon, Chile

The location was good, a little off the beaten path with a large outdoor space. The staff was friendly and informative. I wouldn't recommend this hostel though if you value cleanliness. Perhaps it's partly our fault for not really understanding the eco hotel model, but the hostel itself felt unclean. The bedroom smelled very dank like it had flooded and not been properly cleaned. The bedspreads looked unwashed and sheets worn. There was one indoor bathroom and an outdoor, very dirty bathroom.

Very nice hostel, great choice for Pucon. Lovely building with spacious rooms and nice common areas. Nice friendly atmosphere. Good kitchen facilities although it got a bit crowded at peak times. By far the biggest problem was the lack of bathrooms for that amount of people - you almost constantly have to wait for a bit if you want to go as someone constantly seems to be having a shower, which is frustrating but not the end of the world.

The only problem is that I couldn't live there.

• 11th Jan 2015

Really loved this place, wish I had stayed longer. However, there was a small quirk with my stay - when I arrived and checked in, they showed me to a bed I was to be sleeping for the night. Sometime in the middle of the night, I got woken by a girl who told me I was sleeping in her bed. Awkward.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Bulgaria

more bathrooms are needed. they are building more thou. everything else, perfect

This is a great hostel, complete with a vegie patch and chill out areas. There are limited showers which was fine for me but others did complain. It is a very friendly atmosphere and social kitchen.

Great vibe, super helpful staff!

• 4th Jan 2015

We had a lovely stay! We felt immediately at home. The staff was really helpful and kind! Beds were new, we slept so good! The garden was a great please to relax in the middle of all the things you can do in Pucon! Thank you so much!!!

• 3rd Jan 2015

Thank you very much! It was nice to have you here at Etnico Eco Hostel!

We booked the private room for NYE excited to stay there after seeing pictures and fantastic reviews. Unfortunately we were disappointed upon arrival. *Nice property, but furthest hostel from the center (& bus terminal). *Staff unwelcoming. No mention of activities to do, just the keys to room after payment. No map of town. Unfriendly. *The pool was too dirty to swim. *They had a large NYE party & never told us about it. *No breakfast *Lights went out randomly *Really expensive. DON'T GO.

Amazing place, amazing staff, amazing location in the most beautiful chillean city. And the staff will make you feel like you are staying at hoje. I was going to spend 6 nights and I ended up living there for 15 days.

Thank you very much! It was realy nice to have you here! And maybe you're coming back some day!

Excellent hostel, lovely grounds. The owners are very passionate about what they are trying to acheive with both the hostels atmosphere & its carbon footprint, & it shows. All members of staff were approachable & helpful. HIghly recommended (& great directions from bus station - not always the case with other hostels I have found) Thank you Etnico Eco

Really nice ecofrendly hostal, with every features you need and a great staff!

Thank you very much! All the best for you!

Nice place and fair prices. It's a great choice in Pucón.

• 11th Dec 2014

Thank you very much! it was nice to have you here with us!

Loved our stay here. Hosts are incredibly welcoming and helpful. Feels like you are staying with a friend. Good kitchen and comfy beds. We could help ourselves to cherries from the many trees outside. Only downside is the lack of bathrooms - but it wasn't a big deal. Good location.

I really loved this place! Great atmosphere, beautiful graden (+greenhouse), kitchen and living room. I slept in a 14 bed dorm, but even that was totally relaxed and quiet. The hostel has cheap bike rentals and the staff is really nice. Def. recommendable for people who want to be more environmentally conscious while travelling.

Thank you very much! Maybe we see us again here in Pucon!

Great staff, welcoming hostel. Good atmosphere. But little heating, very cold especially at night. Excellent recycling scheme.

Thank you very much for you visit and your comment.

Really nice and relaxed. The fireplace is great for cold days. Staff is very friendly and bike rental is available.

Great hostel, very friendly staff - gave very helpful advice for what was worthing seeing/doing in the city. Very cozy and inviting atmosphere, although the upstairs rooms were a bit cold at night. The staff organized a kickass asado one night for just a couple luca. Buena ondas all around!

• 29th Oct 2014

Very nice hostel. Friendly and helpful people. Nice private room and facilities. Very comfortable. Booked our volcano climb for us when we arrived later at night

Thanks! Nice to host you ;) We´re happy that you could summit the volcano. have a nice trip!!

Very kind, sincere and helpful staff!! Facilities are more than ok and for a very reasonable price. Big plusses are: staff speaks English very well, there is a garden, wide kitchen large rooms. Due to the positive atmosphere at Etnico, it feels like home!

• 29th Sep 2014

Thank you!! It was great to have you here. Our home is your home! Enjoy your long trip! Buen viaje!