Etnico Eco Hostel Reviews

Colo Colo # 36, Holzapfel & Colo Colo, Pucon, Chile

Super friendly and extremely easy going staff : ) The hostel is only a 5 minute walk from the main street (O'Higgins) and close to a big supermarket. The hostel hire bikes which is a plus and can organise the Volcano trek for you. It has a large garden/chilling out area. As some people said already, the kitchen would do with being a tad bigger, but hey ho, it's only a minor niggle. Overall a superb hostel : D

For me, it was a place for allowing the soul to rest:) And I really like the idea of being eco. You're doing a great job!

• 26th Feb 2014

Amazing place! close to the city center (but far enough to be quiet). Great staff (aswell english speaking) they can help you with everything. Big yard and nice comfortable common areas. We can definitely recommend staying in the etnico if you visit pucon.

Came in for a few days and stayed for 3 weeks! I love this hostel despite some of the problems that it has. The atmosphere is excellent with people chilling in the living room, pool room and by the fire. The staff are friendly and always willing to help with anything from booking tours to rigging up a hammock outside! Really the only things that need fixing the new owners are already aware of(more bathrooms, better kitchen) so I think in a few months time this place will be even be better

Its a house thats been converted into a hostel. Lot of space, great kitchen. Very laid back feeling. I would highly recommend this place!

I went with 2 friends and we stay in the room 14. I thought it would be awful but we did not have any problem. The hostel was very comfortable. I really enjoyed my night in Pucón, Tha staff was nice and they had no problem with us having lunch there even we had a reservation for one night only. They told us there was no problem with using the facilities, but leave free the beds for cleaning. I felt great at this place, much more better than other hostels I have tried in Pucon before. Choose it!

would be nice if you could add another bathroom and toilets upstairs

This places is amazing…chill and laid back atmosphere with a large BBQ (we grilled almost every night), a swimming pool, a pool table, a teddy-bear dog, full kitchen, and it's only a block from the beach (lake with not-freezing water).

Great hostel - excellent social atmosphere with big lounge rooms, kitchen, pool room, outside pool, etc. Close to town, the beach and lake. Staff will go out of their way to help you in any way possible. Fantastic place to stay. Side note: book tours/activities/anything in town - much more expensive to do through the Hostel.

Very nice owners and staff. Huge garden and very social hostel. The only thing I would change is the bed.

You should change the bathroom situation. More toilets and showers, with independent access each!!! And more space in the fridge, please!!

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Georgia

Great hostel with very helpful staff! The social areas are perfect and the atmosphere is cosy. Thanks for the stay.

My experience at Etnico Eco Hostel was awesome. Out of all the incredible features of the hostel, what sets Etnico apart from any other I have stayed in is the staff. The staff go above and beyond what is necessary to make sure everyone's needs are met. They are courteous, generous, and the entire staff speaks both english and spanish! Pao even took the time from her day to help me with my spanish, and let me practice with her. Etnico, as a location, is very accessible to town and super clean.

• 19th Dec 2013

Staff aren't always present throughout the morning/day/night. Went before the peak season (maybe that's why). But it's the second time i've stayed there and I was happy with everything. Woudl reccomend it if you're looking for an affordable place that has a good location and is relatively clean.