Eton House Reviews

436 Upper Roma St, Brisbane, Australia

They do not have full time reception at this hostel, nor was anyone there when I arrrived at 1 pm in the afternoon of a weekday. I hadn't received any code that was required to access the house. I then tried to call their phone a number of times over the next few hours, but no answer. After waiting with my luggage for over 3 hours I booked elsewhere. Later on in the evening I finally received a text with the code. To their credit they didn't charge me for the night, but ZERO for CUSTOMER SERVICE

The accommodation was good value for money due to its proximity to Roma St station, The Barracks, and the city, and it was affordable (I stayed in the single room). The self check-in system works well as does the free wifi Internet. I found the room small and noisy at night though due to the thin walls and slatted window, and the desk needed a wipe-down. I had hoped that the living spaces might be airier and I didn't use them because of that. Overall, I had a slightly spartan but positive stay.

• 12th Aug 2013