Euphemia Hotel Reviews

Fokke Simonzstraat 1-9, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff was really helpful and sweet! There wasn't a thing, they couldn't help us with! The location is fine, and the hostel is a very decent standard hostel. All in all a great place to stay in Amsterdam!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Nice hostel, bit expensive. Good small room. Staff very kind. Not necessary this thing of waking us up in our check out day... You feel like kids in the summer camping. And you don’t have lockers!

It's near Leidseplein that is 25 minutes walk from Centraal Station. Room clean and cozy, with lockers (need your own padlock). 3rd floor is a long way up on stairs very angled! The main con is the reception closing between 11pm and 8am. Any problem could happen and there will be none to help. Also, I left at 6 am and saw 2 gays lying on the floor between the stairs. I dont know if they were guests or something. They woke me at 9 am to check If I was ok, even tho I was the only one in the room.

The breakfast was plain. No Air con in the room was a nightmare for the 6 of us. only one key given between us. A deposit at the hostel that we weren't informed about. Also, I had the ear worn off me by Dahl.

• 5th Aug 2014

No complaints! Staff were very friendly and rooms were very clean. Location is good if you don't mind a little walk and is well connected by tram. Value for money is good for Amsterdam.

Of course, it being amsterdam it's not cheap (I paid about 33 euros a night) but I'd say it was pretty good for the money! Wifi in the rooms and close to a lot of good places. I spent the same amount at the meeting point hostel in another part of town and this was money better spent. No kitchen and they close the downstairs lounge at 10, but you should be out enjoying the coffee shops anyways!

I was very impressed with Euphemia Hostel. Given that I was trying to find a last-minute place to stay on a busy weekend, this was a great deal. The woman at the front desk when I checked in was very friendly, and gave me lots of recommendations on places to go for eating and nightlife. They provided bed linens, towel, and a tiny bar of soap. The room and bathroom were immaculate when I arrived - and I have very high standards of cleanliness.

Just your average hostel, not the vibe you want traveling on your own and looking to make a few friends. Everything else was alright other than the fact that i had to change rooms for the second night of my stay

Has the potential to be a nice, fun hostel but the management makes almost no consideration for its guests. Someone comes to check the rooms at 9am which is highly inconvenient for those not checking out. The room I was in had only one window that partly opened, myself and the other guys basically had to sweat ourselves to sleep, a fan would be absolutely helpful (NECESSARY) yet the hostel doesn't consider this, I was on the first floor so the other rooms get even hotter. Will not return.

The cleaning personal clean my friend bed, thinking that was available, but wasnt and throw away all my friend things.

We got woken up by the staff the day before our check out telling us that we were checking out that day, which is incredibly unprofessional and I feel like this was an invasion of my privacy. They say they are a budget hotel but I paid more per night than if I stayed in a normal hotel, and for the amount I paid I would at least thought they'd have air conditioners or fans in their rooms. Besides one staff member who was incredibly helpful and happy, everybody working there was unwelcoming.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would have been nice to have a space in the room to store valuables. It would have been great to have a fan of some description in the room. We had the window and curtain open all night but no fresh air came through and it was very hard to sleep as it was pretty hot!

I wouldn't have expected more for the price (it is a budget hostel) but I had much better experiences at hostels in other countries for the same or similar price. The facilities are just okay (two very narrow flights of stairs led to our room, which was reasonably clean, but the bathrooms in our room and on the floor were not). There is very little opportunity to meet other people staying in the hostel, and the location is just okay. All in all, not terrible, but not great either.

Good location, close to the Heineken Experience. There is a tram stop two blocks away and supermarkets nearby as well. The hostel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Internet connection was poor.

Euphemia is located a good distance from city center, but easily accessed by tram. Room accommodations were great and atmosphere. In the evening it was quiet, so getting a few winks in is easy.

Good location, everything is within 15 minute walking distance. This place just seemed a little too institutional for us. The room size was good for four and the ensuite was fine. We wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed a couple nights backpacking through Europe. Decent spot, met some interesting people who were travelers also. Rooms got kinda humid at night and WiFi was decent. Jose at the front desk was great and was always willing to help for any questions. Would recommend for future guests.

We were in Amsterdam on a particularly hot and muggy weekend. The rooms themselves were tiny, 5 of us packed into a place that was no bigger than by bedroom back in the UK. This combined with the weather made for a very uncomfortable nights sleep. However, the staff seems friendly and helpful. Also be aware that you're a bit out of the city centre, with hindsight I might have paid an extra €10 a night for the convenience and saved on taxi's + trams.

• 5th Jul 2014

this hostel was easy to find, and was exactly what was expected. The location for the price paid was probably the best part, allowing us to enjoy our holiday without having to worry about public transport. their was room service nearly every day so the room felt clean enough, but as this was a "budget hotel" it was of course not the best (when i stayed their was a slight mosquito problem). However overall it was a great experience and i would definitely recommend/ book another stay.

• 3rd Jul 2014