Euphemia Hotel Reviews

Fokke Simonzstraat 1-9, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good location being walking distance to all the attractions. No Aircon or ceiling fans makes the rooms very hot during the summer months

Euphemia is a nice hostel. there are coffeeshops located near by and a short walk to Vondelpark and an outdoor market. The stairs are a bit rough after enjoying coffeeshops all day though.

Very expensive and full. Rooms are not well cleaned and smells bad becouse there´s no ventilation. Deposit 20€ for the locker(nonsense), turistic taxes are 5% and over it, more 5,05% when paying by credit/debit card.

• 13th Sep 2014

Good wifi connection. No kitchen - only a microwave and small fridge (that doesn't allow drinks) available for use. Location was close to Vondel park, Rijks museum, and Heinkein - but a little far from downtown. Not much interaction with other travelers besides those in the same room as you. Not a great common area. Clean and comfortable beds/rooms though.

A great hostel for the amount it costs. Beds have a dip in them and creak alot when you move, shower facilities are outdated but perfectly functional, if not pretty.

It was exactly what we expected for our money. But we were surprised about the location which is really near the centrum

• 7th Sep 2014

The location was probably the best part about this hostel for me; it was right off a main road that had lots of different restaurants and stores, was within walking distance from many attractions like the Rembrandtplein or the Museumplein, but there was also a tram stop right across the main road that you could use if you didn't want to walk (although walking is a great way to experience the beautiful streets, canals and buildings of Amsterdam.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Nice and clean and the best value for money i could find in Amsterdam

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and they were very accommodating, which led to a relaxing and pleasant atmosphere. The location was also easy to find and had good access to most parts of the city.

• 30th Aug 2014

Great night here, quiet so got a good night sleep, clean easy to find and the staff were so helpful would not stay anywhere else will be booking again when I return to Amsterdam. 100% recommend

• 27th Aug 2014

The staff was really helpful and sweet! There wasn't a thing, they couldn't help us with! The location is fine, and the hostel is a very decent standard hostel. All in all a great place to stay in Amsterdam!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Nice hostel, bit expensive. Good small room. Staff very kind. Not necessary this thing of waking us up in our check out day... You feel like kids in the summer camping. And you don’t have lockers!

It's near Leidseplein that is 25 minutes walk from Centraal Station. Room clean and cozy, with lockers (need your own padlock). 3rd floor is a long way up on stairs very angled! The main con is the reception closing between 11pm and 8am. Any problem could happen and there will be none to help. Also, I left at 6 am and saw 2 gays lying on the floor between the stairs. I dont know if they were guests or something. They woke me at 9 am to check If I was ok, even tho I was the only one in the room.

The breakfast was plain. No Air con in the room was a nightmare for the 6 of us. only one key given between us. A deposit at the hostel that we weren't informed about. Also, I had the ear worn off me by Dahl.

• 5th Aug 2014

No complaints! Staff were very friendly and rooms were very clean. Location is good if you don't mind a little walk and is well connected by tram. Value for money is good for Amsterdam.

Of course, it being amsterdam it's not cheap (I paid about 33 euros a night) but I'd say it was pretty good for the money! Wifi in the rooms and close to a lot of good places. I spent the same amount at the meeting point hostel in another part of town and this was money better spent. No kitchen and they close the downstairs lounge at 10, but you should be out enjoying the coffee shops anyways!

I was very impressed with Euphemia Hostel. Given that I was trying to find a last-minute place to stay on a busy weekend, this was a great deal. The woman at the front desk when I checked in was very friendly, and gave me lots of recommendations on places to go for eating and nightlife. They provided bed linens, towel, and a tiny bar of soap. The room and bathroom were immaculate when I arrived - and I have very high standards of cleanliness.

Just your average hostel, not the vibe you want traveling on your own and looking to make a few friends. Everything else was alright other than the fact that i had to change rooms for the second night of my stay

Has the potential to be a nice, fun hostel but the management makes almost no consideration for its guests. Someone comes to check the rooms at 9am which is highly inconvenient for those not checking out. The room I was in had only one window that partly opened, myself and the other guys basically had to sweat ourselves to sleep, a fan would be absolutely helpful (NECESSARY) yet the hostel doesn't consider this, I was on the first floor so the other rooms get even hotter. Will not return.

The cleaning personal clean my friend bed, thinking that was available, but wasnt and throw away all my friend things.

« first « Prev 1 2 3