Euphemia Hotel Reviews

Fokke Simonzstraat 1-9, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Unfortunately we didn't make to stay at this hotel as our flight to Amsterdam got cancel. We do not recomend anyone to book any accommodation with hostel word, we have been traveling for 2 months always using trivago website to book our hotels and haven't been charge any fees apart from hostel world that were very sneak and charge us 24 euros

• 24th Jun 2014

I hardly spent time at the hotel other than sleeping, and for this it was great, but I can therefore say nothing about breakfast etc Beds were clean, but the shower left quite a lot to wish for...

Great hostel, 10mins walk from the centre so close enough to everything, even Vondel Park. Would stay here again definitely!

the rooms and common area we really clean. we stayed in a double with ensuite on the top floor. lots of steep stairs to climb nut the room was great the only downside is that the wifi in the room was patchy at best. so whenever we needed the internet we had to hang out downstairs. they serve breakfast in the morning but you can get better value for your money at any of the cafes down the street.

Nice stay, good location not far from the center

Clean and quiet and a fabulous location!

• 5th Jun 2014

Staff are so friendly! I had to check out but needed to unpack and organise whole bag let me do so in lounge happily, rooms good, bathrooms good, close to Heineken and Iamsterdam or 20 min canal walk to red light / central station. Good spot

It was nice! And the staff were nice too. It was just a little boring and there isn't a common area. Other than that, no complaints.

Great little hostel, more of a hotel vibe, though. The common areas aren't very cozy so there's not a lot of mingling with the rest of the guests. The rooms are nice and cozy, staff was helpful but not overly enthusiastic. Went with a friend, had a great time! Definitely recommend if you're travelling with a friend, maybe not so much if you're a solo traveler.

Staff are very helpful. The bunk bed feels comfortable. Everywhere in the hostel is well cleaned. The toilet doors are too heavy. Its noise may interrupt the room members next to the corridor door.

It is a good 30 minutes walk from the train and bus station and the Red Light District, but it's a straightforward walk, you can't get lost. Its clean, but not sparkling clean. Breakfast would have been nice for the price. If I go back to Amsterdam I would try something else but if I were stuck I would have no problem going back at this place.

It's a value for money hostel overall. A few dust never killed anyone. The only think that the owners should consider is the soundproofing, because you can hear almost everything from the next room, but for as long as I stayed there the other guests were generally quiet. I would definitely stay there again.

• 5th May 2014
  • Greece

Only a shower and 2 bathrooms for each floor, each room has a sink. Rooms are fairly clean, safe, with lockers inside the room. Well connected to Central Station with trams or 15 minute walk, very close to Museum zone. Staff is very kind, but reception reception closes at 23:00. Good hostel for explore the city, no if you're interested to socialize or are only interested in redlight zone.

• 26th Apr 2014

-Good cleanliness. -Unfriendly staff. -Facilities are fine: one plug for each bed, hairdryer can be borrowed for free, towels cost 1 euro for the entire stay. -Only one shower for a corridor with ten rooms. -There is a small fridge available, but the kitchen closes at 11pm and opens at 8am.

I stayed in a 6-bed mixed dorm for 9 nights. It was a good value except for on King's Day weekend, when prices more than doubled. Great location, I could find inexpensive breakfast or hop on the tram right across the street from the hotel. Also within a few blocks of the museum quarter, the Heinekin brewery and a nice canalside park. Great budget option for those traveling to Amsterdam who don't want to stay in the kitschy/more expensive hostels more north. Would recommend to anyone.

1 2 3 Next » last »