Euphemia Hotel Reviews

Fokke Simonzstraat 1-9, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It is a good 30 minutes walk from the train and bus station and the Red Light District, but it's a straightforward walk, you can't get lost. Its clean, but not sparkling clean. Breakfast would have been nice for the price. If I go back to Amsterdam I would try something else but if I were stuck I would have no problem going back at this place.

It's a value for money hostel overall. A few dust never killed anyone. The only think that the owners should consider is the soundproofing, because you can hear almost everything from the next room, but for as long as I stayed there the other guests were generally quiet. I would definitely stay there again.

• 5th May 2014
  • Greece

Only a shower and 2 bathrooms for each floor, each room has a sink. Rooms are fairly clean, safe, with lockers inside the room. Well connected to Central Station with trams or 15 minute walk, very close to Museum zone. Staff is very kind, but reception reception closes at 23:00. Good hostel for explore the city, no if you're interested to socialize or are only interested in redlight zone.

• 26th Apr 2014

-Good cleanliness. -Unfriendly staff. -Facilities are fine: one plug for each bed, hairdryer can be borrowed for free, towels cost 1 euro for the entire stay. -Only one shower for a corridor with ten rooms. -There is a small fridge available, but the kitchen closes at 11pm and opens at 8am.

I stayed in a 6-bed mixed dorm for 9 nights. It was a good value except for on King's Day weekend, when prices more than doubled. Great location, I could find inexpensive breakfast or hop on the tram right across the street from the hotel. Also within a few blocks of the museum quarter, the Heinekin brewery and a nice canalside park. Great budget option for those traveling to Amsterdam who don't want to stay in the kitschy/more expensive hostels more north. Would recommend to anyone.

It was a hostel so it was pretty noisy, especially at 6am when the partiers came back. It says it's 30-35 min walk from the train station which we made a lot of trips because we wanted to visit neighbouring cities. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. They were able to print some tickets for me for 1 euro. When you arrive they tell you about the 5% tax and that everyone charges it and that there is a €100 cleaning fine for smoking in the room. Overall it was a good stay.

One shower and toilet for an entire floor wasn't ideal. Good location, staff are really friendly and helpful with anything you need :-)

There was an awful smell throughout the reception area at the hostel. Our room (especially the sink) was dirty with old electric sockets uncovered and exposed on the wall. There was an old dirty sock wedged between my mattress and the wall. The toilets however were very clean but the shower curtain in the shared shower was disgusting. It smelt vile and the cleaner only sprayed it with air freshener to cover the smell when it could be replaced cheaply and easily. Overall not worh the money spent.

• 4th Apr 2014

The location was good and it is located near the museum area, there was a supermarket around the corner which was quite convenient. Had a personal locker in the room. The staff was really helpful and friendly , except there was only one bathroom for the entire floor, sometimes need to wait for awhile to use it. Overall, good quality for the price.

The room was really clean, but it was quite small for 6 people, but it's something that we expected. One of the staff members was very impolite and sarcastic, but the other two were extremely helpful. All in all we were quite satisfied.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Greece

Overall I really liked the hotel, the only thing that crosses my mind that could be changed is the plastic cups in the bathroom. It looks a bit cheap and unhygienic. A pair of normal glasses would have looked perfect there. Other than that I do not have any complaints. I want to complement the services- all the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Bulgaria

It's a nice place to chill out during your trip to Amsterdam and the best thing is it's not far for anything.

We were 6 people and we had a 6 beds room just for us ! perfect ! The room was clean and warm ! The bathroom was also ok ! The only bad thing is that we could use only our bathroom , but still this seems fair for the rest of the hostel's guest i suppose ! Overall , it was a enjoyable stay !

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Greece

We had a problem with the hostel payment. They put some taxes that wasn't explained before we did the reservation. They had charged 17 euros just for reservation saying that the money would be refounded, but, till now it wasn't... These kind of things are very unpleseant because it's kind of charging more than initially was settled.

• 25th Mar 2014

A good hostel with a perfect location; within walking distance of basically everything. Friendly staff who gave us great tips of the city, clean rooms and good beds. Only minus for the toilet and shower facilities, which were a bit uncomfortable, but otherwise we had a comfortable stay.

• 21st Mar 2014