Euphemia Old City Canal Zone Reviews

Fokke Simonzstraat 1-9, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1934 Total Reviews

Not much of a common area in the hostel. Nice clean rooms, out room was cleaned everyday. Excellent location close to everything! Great stay

The value for money was a little iffy but everything in Amsterdam is on the expensive side so I guess its supply and demand. the location was pretty good, it was in the middle of everything. the best part about this hostel was that the staff was really really helpful and really friendly, especially the woman with the long brown hair-thank you so much! also taxis are quiet cheap from the airport and we wasted our time riding the train to the central station then walked all the way to the hotel!

The hostel was ok for the price but there was no locker in our room (as I heared other rooms has it) My main problem is that when I reserved the room they placed a 200 eur authorisation on my credit card. 1 month has passed since my staying there and it is still there and nobody (neither the hostel, nor the Hostelworld's customer service ) is helping me. It took 4 e-mails to convince the Hostelworld's customer service just to contact the hotel and put some pressure on them to call the bank again

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Hungary

Basic hostel has everything you need, great location

Hostel was relatively clean and pretty secure. The staff were very helpful. The location was pretty convenient to a lot of services as well. Hostel was lacking in a common room/general atmosphere, would recommend to a quieter group.

Great hostel for those who don't want to be drowning in the central amsterdam atmosphere. About a 5 minute cycle from the centre, but easy place to come back to and feel safe and relaxed. Also a ten minute walk from a perfect area to be at night, and right by the museums. Staff weren't too helpful when it came to giving initial tips but any questions I asked they were able to answer perfectly, otherwise made the effort to solve my issue ASAP.

• 14th Apr 2015

The hostel was not what I expected given its price. Our room was on the 3rd floor and there wasn't an elevator. The room was too small for six person, it was impossible for us to get dressed at the same time. When we arrived, we had to make our beds ourselves (the sheets were folded on the bed). Its location is an advantage because it's very close to the center on foot, in a quiet street.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Greece

I payed for a reservation at this hotel , when i got to the hotel on the 9/4/15 they turned me away as they said my reservation was cancelled due to my card being declined however the money for this still went out my account,the man at reception said he emailed me 5 times however i did not receive any emails prior, i even confirmed the address with him , so in the middle of Amsterdam at 10pm we had to walk round a completely unknown area after another hostel most of which were fully booked.

• 9th Apr 2015

We had a great stay at Euphemia. It is in a good area and on arrival we were given some some excellent tips on good places to eat and visit. The room was clean and comfortable. Would recommend!

• 8th Apr 2015

Came here as a single female visitor and was placed in a room with all males for a couple of nights which was not ideal, but they were very kind. The bathrooms are kept very clean, and the beds are comfortable enough. It was only one Euro to rent a towel, and the lockers are large enough to store both towel and all personal belongings. The hostel is about a 25 min walk city center, staff was sweet, especially the Spanish and British men :) would definitely recommend as a cheap alternative!

The staff was NOT pleasant and NOT polite... They don't have a customer spirit, they just want your money... Breakfast very expensive 6Euros for a kind of "English breakfast"... Cleanliness was very good in the bedroom and in Shower/Toilets. The only problem there was only one shower and toilet per floor.. that's not enough. Bedroom was all right and location as well, close to center and easy access to the Tram. But because of the staff I advise you to find somewhere else in Amsterdam...

A group of three of us decided to be brave and stay in a 10-bed hostel room - we were pleasantly surprised by the roommates that we had over the course of four days. When we first arrived, the evening staff was also very helpful, since a good amount of things were missing from the bed and lockers (e.g duvet). Overall, a very nice place to stay and rest after a long day out in Amsterdam; would definitely recommend it to a friend :D

I ended up paying more than the price that was advertized in Hostelworld.com The staff was helpful and explained why they had to charge more, but the place is an average hostel in AMS, in my opinion it was expensive and the room was small with six beds. It seems that is the standard quality for weekends in AMS.

Excellent stuff, good location, overall felling - happy

Staff was very helpful. It is a little bit away from the city center but there is a tram stop right outside that takes you anywhere you need to go. If you're not sure where something is or what to do, ask the front desk staff and they will help you! Not a super nice hostel, but it was good for the price.

• 13th Mar 2015

The hostel is in a good location, I found the staff to be extremely unhelpful compared to hostels I've stayed in before. They wouldn't even help me print off my boarding pass when I left. The place is very basic and the 10 bed dorm I stayed in definitely needs a re vamp. It's cheaper than others on the weekends. The wi fi was pretty good. I would not stay here again though.

While the staff was friendly for the most part, they would randomly come into our room with no advanced notice. Very little privacy (although that’s somewhat expected in a hostel) The location was good, but the entire surrounding area was under construction. Also, we were not informed of the additional 5% tax we would have to pay upon arrival. Our room had 2 sinks which was convenient in a 10 person dorm. Overall, a fine stay, but not the best. Would probably book another hostel next time.

• 6th Mar 2015

Far from the city center, but have public transport next. Dont hava Kitchen, only a microwave. I Recomend, because is cheap.

Thankyou to Hayim, Macarena and all the other staff - great staff, great recommendations and good cheap bfast downstairs. Good security and close to walk to everything - dank u wel for a great stay :)

I found that in Amsterdam it is tough to find a decent place. Considering those limitations Euphemia is pretty good, but I have paid much less and had better experienes in other cities. In general it was nice, I got upgraded from a 10bed to a 5bed one. But there was just one bathroom and shower and lack of fun atmosphere. But come on Amsterdam is so much fun anyway! :D