Euphemia Old City Canal Zone Reviews

Fokke Simonzstraat 1-9, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Far from the city center, but have public transport next. Dont hava Kitchen, only a microwave. I Recomend, because is cheap.

Thankyou to Hayim, Macarena and all the other staff - great staff, great recommendations and good cheap bfast downstairs. Good security and close to walk to everything - dank u wel for a great stay :)

I found that in Amsterdam it is tough to find a decent place. Considering those limitations Euphemia is pretty good, but I have paid much less and had better experienes in other cities. In general it was nice, I got upgraded from a 10bed to a 5bed one. But there was just one bathroom and shower and lack of fun atmosphere. But come on Amsterdam is so much fun anyway! :D

I really enjoyed my stay at Euphemia Old City Canal Zone! The stuff was really friendly, we were welcomed by very kind Spanish guy on the reception. He recommended as where to visit and kindly present the rules of the hostel. Location of the hostel is great, that's 10 minute walking distance from heart of Amsterdam. The rooms are bright and clean.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Had a great time here not far from the centre

Very spare accommodations, no TV, but sweet people anxious to please and friendly young guests. Nice neighborhood with the tram just outside the door.

• 8th Feb 2015

Basic Hostel, nothing special about it. I didn't like the fact that there was the guy from the reception entering the room everyday to remember someone about the check out. Also, in the last day they were making some works in the Hostel and started really early (8 a.m.!!!) way before the check out hour..

Delay on train meant I arrived after 23.00 when the recepyion closes. However, the staff had set aside a key and a note with my room number, so I could find my bed and pay them in the morning. Wondeful. The bunk beds were extremely noisy, metal framed and squeaky. Lounge area good, but don't bother with breakfast if you're a veggie.

We enjoyed our stay at Euphemia Hotel. The staff was very understanding and was able to put up with 15 college kids all trying to have a good weekend! I don't remember the names of the people at the front desk but they were very helpful and acccommodating. Do try the food they offer for breakfast, it was a lovely homecooked meal. Also try the bakery around the corner on the main street! Overall, great location being out of the city center and great resources all round.

We had a good stay here. The building is old and does not look fancy. However you get good value for your money. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is very good and yet you don't get alot of noise. Facilities are average but it's clean.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

The Euphemia was a great location for a weekend trip to Amsterdam. While the building was older, it was very clean and comfortable to stay in. The staff was helpful and a young woman essentially gave us her personal guide to the city (it was super helpful) written out on a map based on what we were interested in. Skip the breakfast and walk 10 minutes to La Place for a 3.25 euro breakfast that includes 5 items, coffee or tea and orange juice.

Overall wonderful stay at Euphemia Old City Canal Zone. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was ideal, and safe. Facilities were clean. Only complaint is the 5% fee to pay with credit card and that the breakfast is not included. Would highly recommend!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean, safe environment and only a short walk from the center of the city.

The bed was comfortable enough, but when I walked into the room it smelled really bad. That was the fault of one of the guests though, because the 2nd half of the room, which was separated by a door, smelled fine. But perhaps an issue with ventilation or airflow? I was in room 25.

Close to the Heineken experience and to Albert Cuypmarkt.

The location it's amazing, you're near everything. The people is very kind, specially a spanish girl named Macarena, she is really awsome, she gave us a lot of great recommendations about city attractions, city tours, restaurants and another places to go.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed over New Years, so I'm sure I got a skewed sense of the hostel(every place in the area was looking like 100euro/night!). However, they were kind and accommodating. Certainly not the best hostel I've stayed at, there was very little atmosphere, but I met some people in my dorm so it was OK. All in all, pretty good location, and if it's cheap. Go for it! Ps. Coffeeshops less than 30 seconds from the entrance!

Positives. Rooms are good size and clean with ensuite. Staff were extremely helpful and all really nice Negatives. Got there at 12 but had to wait until 3.30 to use room when was told would be ready Bit fair from Amsterdam centre to walk No guest kitchen or free breakfast, but you can buy breakfast

Very happy for what we paid. Excellent stay and did the job perfect. Staff were polite and went out of their way to help. Will stay again

• 5th Dec 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff was fantastic and a lot of fun. Taylor's pub crawl and Sagnria drinking games were particularly awesome and he had a great personality that kept everyone together and encouraged lots of people to go. Harriet also did a fantastic tour of the city which she deserves special recognition for. Lastly, Pablo's Tapa night was unforgettable and tons of fun. He was funny and gave a lot of great information about the history and cuisine of Tapas.

« first « Prev 1 2 3