Euphemia Old City Canal Zone Reviews

Fokke Simonzstraat 1-9, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2056 Total Reviews

Great hotel, clean and nice staff, the price a little high for the value but overall great hotel and Amsterdam is amazing!

• 21st Jan 2016

Located in a VERY touristy neighborhood. Staff is nice enough but don't seem very trusting of their guests. Understandable though because most guests didn't seem very respectful either (guests were smoking in the hotel despite no smoking signs). Overall fine for a hostel.

The staff are very kind and the hostel is good and clean!!

Basic hostel with nice staff and good location (it took me 10-15 minutes to get to the 'centre'). Because it's not right in the centre it's a bit cheaper than other hostels, but I feel like it's still too expensive for what it is. Average facilities and the rooms are a bit smelly, but other than that everything was okay and I felt safe staying there alone. However from my experience it is not a hostel where you meet other people and make friends fast.

I have stayed in 6-bed dorm and it was expensive. Room was small. Breakfast was not included and not so much variety. Not much to do in the hostel itself. However, the location is good. Lockers are quite big

When I arrived (our bus from Germany was late: 10:30pm) he was angry and he let us that. He won't let us check in. After begging he just gave us the card & we should check in the other day. Not a problem. But sentences like "It is not my obligation to wait for you and let you in." & after the question if we could have a 2nd card "no I have to go now. I am late because of you." is not necessary. He is doing a service & obviously he had time to stand in front of the hostel for another half an hour

Nothing too fancy about this place but it was clean, had a hot shower, and was in a good location. Was expensive (50$ per night since I booked last min). But beds were clean, the guy working at night was super helpful and friendly, only had 1 bathroom per floor for showering but I didn't find a problem w that and it seemed to be clean with hot water, and the lounge was very basic. To me it was probably worth 20-30 euro max per night, taking into account the higher cost of Amsterdam.

Location is far from city center. Staff weren't polite and helpful. Deposit price was too much. Beds and room were ancient and not clean. Beds weren't comfortable. Only good thing is that wi-fi worked well.

Fair way out of the way. The shower was filthy and randomly changed temperatures, all the time. Hostel staff weren't the best either.

Security: Lockers with keys in the rooms which are free. Location: Perfect, close to centre, but quiet. Staff: Always available, helpful and nice. Atmosphere: Good common area, normal hostel atmosphere. Cleanliness: Seemed good. Value for money: Good, you get what you pay for + Facilities: Showers with hot water, decent wifi, lockers,

The location is good and the reception staff tried their best to help. However we were woken up in the morning by a staff member queryin when we would leave which we found to be very rude. There is one bathroom for about 12-16 (2 dorms) so it's a rush to get in and out. Could do with a communal area as there is simply no atmosphere at all in the hostel (which is really just a revamped hotel).

Was relatively cheap in comparison to other hostels in Amsterdam, so wasn't expect the ritz. For what we paid it was fine. Wifi was good and lockers were big and available however you need a big padlock for them to work.