Euphemia Old City Canal Zone Reviews

Fokke Simonzstraat 1-9, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1997 Total Reviews

Super location for travel by walk and be close to lots of atractions in Amsterdam. The bathroom was also clean and offered all the things you need to. The bed was to small for two peoples, also the room was not really nice to live in. The quality of the matratz was horrible. The staff was unfriendly and annoying about two extra questions. I still dont understand the money they blocked on my credit card extra for deposit. I didnt hear this s far and it ll takes around two weeks to get it back.

• 27th Jul 2015

Very expensive for what you get. The card authorization is also a huge inconvenience although it was my own fault for not reading the small print.

• 18th Jul 2015

This is a very nice hostel, located right in the vicinity of the Rijksmuseum. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable, the place is well-run and toilets and showers brand-new. They offer safe parking for bicycles. Two supermarkets are nearby. There is no guest kitchen, but a microwave one can use.

This hostel was extremely unhelpful with its unnecessary credit card blocking. There seems to be a lack of communication amongst the hostel staff as we had to explain the situation many times and left disappointed. Don't buy breakfast at the hostel, there are so many refreshing little cafes around the area.

• 11th Jul 2015

We had a great stay here during July. The staff were very accommodating and the location is so perfect to walk anywhere with good little cafes and coffee shops around the corner. I would definitely stay there again next time!

• 11th Jul 2015

My private room with a double bed and bathroom ensuite was simple but clean and comfortable. Plenty of hot water and good pressure in the shower. No issues with the staff or service. However, the wifi was so slow it was essentially un-usable. There was also a 24 period during my 3 night stay where the wifi was down entirely. Luckily, most restaurants and cafes in Amsterdam have wifi, so did most of my surfing there.

• 8th Jul 2015

No elevator and poor wifi. Stressing environment and little space. Bad bathrooms.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The hostel staff were amazing, very friendly everyone wanted to help you the best way they can. Great location tram stop right outside only a short walk to the main city centre. Just very costly for the actual facilities you receive. The "common area" not so much a common area more out like a dining room with a couch - and shut at 10:30pm which was inconvenient. But all in all didn't have a single issue with anything else.

• 7th Jul 2015

Quite expensive for what you get

Great location, we were able to walk everywhere very easily, although we also don't mind walking very much. The staff was friendly, only complaint would be that there is no air conditioning, so it was very hot at night.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • American Samoa

Hotel cancel my reservation when I trying to find a card they can accept after I communicated with the hotel.Then I received an email which said my card cannot use and I did not reply any of their email. That's rediculous! It's so weird that my card can be accepted by other hostels or B&B in my travel, only except this hostel. The staff who informed me my reservation was cancelled had a very bad attitude with the words like " We are not the bank and your card is none of our business."

Would never recommend this hostel to anyone.

I have stayed at over 100 hostels all over the world my experience was the worst I have ever had. i have stayed at hostels in the most expensive cities in the world London,Paris New York,Sydney,Tokyo.This hostel was the most expensive for the worst accomadations. relative to cost. I might also add that .The day managwer treated me in the most insulting way.

No cooking facilities so you spend a lot of money on food, no comfortable common area, Very average wifi, Deposits are large You get the basic essentials a bed and sheets. Good location not being in the red light district but walkable distance to almost any popular area. Not worth the money during peek times

We were literally suffocating from the heat and lack of ventilation in this hostel. The wifi doesn't really work at all and the hostel had basically no atmosphere. Showering in the mornings is tough because there is one shower to the whole floor. It is in an alright location and Amsterdam is a great city, which made the stay worth it.

The rooms were very hot with little ventilation. The wifi didnt really work, only for a few seconds at a time. It was also quite far away from the main attractions such as the anne frank house, museums and red light district but it was close to Vondelpark.

• 29th Jun 2015

if you leave at morning before 9:00, you cannot get your deposit of key and lock for 20 euros. not cleanliness, not value for the money

Very basic for what it is. Small common room, no cooking area, and really tall large stairs. The wifi also doesn't work in the bedrooms. You can't bring other people- even during the day into your room which was annoying. The beds were comfortable and clean, and it's about a 10-15 min walk to Amsterdam Cebtraal, but by tram it is easy. Helpful staff about directions, though.

• 26th Jun 2015

The staff was great. Super friendly and knowledgable about the area, especially the Spaniard girl with long hair. I don't remember her name, but she was very nice. Other than that everything was great but there was a drainage issue in the dorm room I was in. So you ended up showering in other people's dirty water as well.

Need a few machine for snacks at night and a smoking area or smoking rooms. But apart from these small problems it was a great stay.

• 24th Jun 2015