Euphemia Old City Canal Zone

Very Good 2228 Total Reviews

• Portugal, Male, 31-40
15th Jun 2017
7.4

Nothing negative to point. Staff was friendly and everything is as expected in a Hostel. Very near of some main attractions and minutes walking to the city center. We never used the Tram while in Amsterdam.

• LauraPom
  • England, Couple, 18-24
13th Jun 2017
7.1

Good utilities and helpful staff, better than many other hostels

• England, Male, 41+
9th Jun 2017

Nice stay thanks. Would be nice if we can access the coffee machine after 11pm 👍 We would return again. Mark.

• USA, Male, 31-40
14th May 2017

Perfect location that's far enough away from the main street to be nice and quiet while still within easy range of the main things to see via bike or tram. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

11th May 2017

Clean beds and rooms, were able to rent towels and locks for lockers. Only had one shower for 10 people and the bathrooms weren't the cleanest. Also no free breakfast or coffee and no access to kitchen.

20th Apr 2017

I stayed at Euphemia for a night while in Amsterdam. It's nicely located near the Heineken Experience, Vondel Park, and a few other attractions- which was nice! Everything was great, though I was unimpressed with the bathroom/shower situation- nothing terrible, I've just had better/nicer experiences at hostels. Thanks for the stay!

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
16th Apr 2017
7.7

I dont have any complains about the people working there, they are really kind and always willing to help. Nevertheless I found some inconvenient with the rooms there are really few power spots where you can connect, non of them was close to my bed (as an experienced traveler I want always have my telephone charged in the morning and also a place where to put it, no shelves or tables next to bed where to leave your things safe and close to you).

14th Apr 2017
6.9

I expected a lot worse after reading the reviews but honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought. The location is AWESOME, its close to a lot of things such as the Heineken experience the I am Amsterdam sign. The staff was okay, and the atmosphere was kinda dead, not much happening within the hostel. It was a little pricey for the weekend we stayed there. But overall it was a good hostel.

7th Apr 2017
6.3

Location wasn't bad. Next to Heineken experience and 15 min or so to the center. It's def a budget hotel with no hostelike activities. There's a decent common area which maybe you could meet people in. It's got the basics with a locker in the room. But it was just dated and seemed pricey for the overall atmosphere. But I was there for Holy Week and prices were high everywhere. It's fine if you're with a group but not for a social solo traveler.

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd Mar 2017
4.0

Booked out a room for 10 people, this came with one en suite. We werw not aware that this then meant we were not allowed to use any other bathroom facility, 10 people and one bathroom is not ideal! Staff were very blunt and unhelpful. When it came to check in they surprised me with wanting to hold money on credit card, when checking out were unable to release that money and actually froze me out of my bank account, money now cannot be returned for 1 month! Incredibly incompetent staff, very rude