Euphemia Old City Canal Zone Reviews

Fokke Simonzstraat 1-9, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2015 Total Reviews

I payed for a reservation at this hotel , when i got to the hotel on the 9/4/15 they turned me away as they said my reservation was cancelled due to my card being declined however the money for this still went out my account,the man at reception said he emailed me 5 times however i did not receive any emails prior, i even confirmed the address with him , so in the middle of Amsterdam at 10pm we had to walk round a completely unknown area after another hostel most of which were fully booked.

• 9th Apr 2015

We had a great stay at Euphemia. It is in a good area and on arrival we were given some some excellent tips on good places to eat and visit. The room was clean and comfortable. Would recommend!

• 8th Apr 2015

Came here as a single female visitor and was placed in a room with all males for a couple of nights which was not ideal, but they were very kind. The bathrooms are kept very clean, and the beds are comfortable enough. It was only one Euro to rent a towel, and the lockers are large enough to store both towel and all personal belongings. The hostel is about a 25 min walk city center, staff was sweet, especially the Spanish and British men :) would definitely recommend as a cheap alternative!

The staff was NOT pleasant and NOT polite... They don't have a customer spirit, they just want your money... Breakfast very expensive 6Euros for a kind of "English breakfast"... Cleanliness was very good in the bedroom and in Shower/Toilets. The only problem there was only one shower and toilet per floor.. that's not enough. Bedroom was all right and location as well, close to center and easy access to the Tram. But because of the staff I advise you to find somewhere else in Amsterdam...

A group of three of us decided to be brave and stay in a 10-bed hostel room - we were pleasantly surprised by the roommates that we had over the course of four days. When we first arrived, the evening staff was also very helpful, since a good amount of things were missing from the bed and lockers (e.g duvet). Overall, a very nice place to stay and rest after a long day out in Amsterdam; would definitely recommend it to a friend :D

I ended up paying more than the price that was advertized in Hostelworld.com The staff was helpful and explained why they had to charge more, but the place is an average hostel in AMS, in my opinion it was expensive and the room was small with six beds. It seems that is the standard quality for weekends in AMS.

Excellent stuff, good location, overall felling - happy

Staff was very helpful. It is a little bit away from the city center but there is a tram stop right outside that takes you anywhere you need to go. If you're not sure where something is or what to do, ask the front desk staff and they will help you! Not a super nice hostel, but it was good for the price.

• 13th Mar 2015

The hostel is in a good location, I found the staff to be extremely unhelpful compared to hostels I've stayed in before. They wouldn't even help me print off my boarding pass when I left. The place is very basic and the 10 bed dorm I stayed in definitely needs a re vamp. It's cheaper than others on the weekends. The wi fi was pretty good. I would not stay here again though.

While the staff was friendly for the most part, they would randomly come into our room with no advanced notice. Very little privacy (although that’s somewhat expected in a hostel) The location was good, but the entire surrounding area was under construction. Also, we were not informed of the additional 5% tax we would have to pay upon arrival. Our room had 2 sinks which was convenient in a 10 person dorm. Overall, a fine stay, but not the best. Would probably book another hostel next time.

• 6th Mar 2015