Euphemia Old City Canal Zone Reviews

Fokke Simonzstraat 1-9, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1997 Total Reviews

The hostel is in a good location, I found the staff to be extremely unhelpful compared to hostels I've stayed in before. They wouldn't even help me print off my boarding pass when I left. The place is very basic and the 10 bed dorm I stayed in definitely needs a re vamp. It's cheaper than others on the weekends. The wi fi was pretty good. I would not stay here again though.

While the staff was friendly for the most part, they would randomly come into our room with no advanced notice. Very little privacy (although that’s somewhat expected in a hostel) The location was good, but the entire surrounding area was under construction. Also, we were not informed of the additional 5% tax we would have to pay upon arrival. Our room had 2 sinks which was convenient in a 10 person dorm. Overall, a fine stay, but not the best. Would probably book another hostel next time.

• 6th Mar 2015

Far from the city center, but have public transport next. Dont hava Kitchen, only a microwave. I Recomend, because is cheap.

Thankyou to Hayim, Macarena and all the other staff - great staff, great recommendations and good cheap bfast downstairs. Good security and close to walk to everything - dank u wel for a great stay :)

I found that in Amsterdam it is tough to find a decent place. Considering those limitations Euphemia is pretty good, but I have paid much less and had better experienes in other cities. In general it was nice, I got upgraded from a 10bed to a 5bed one. But there was just one bathroom and shower and lack of fun atmosphere. But come on Amsterdam is so much fun anyway! :D

I really enjoyed my stay at Euphemia Old City Canal Zone! The stuff was really friendly, we were welcomed by very kind Spanish guy on the reception. He recommended as where to visit and kindly present the rules of the hostel. Location of the hostel is great, that's 10 minute walking distance from heart of Amsterdam. The rooms are bright and clean.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Had a great time here not far from the centre

Very spare accommodations, no TV, but sweet people anxious to please and friendly young guests. Nice neighborhood with the tram just outside the door.

• 8th Feb 2015

Basic Hostel, nothing special about it. I didn't like the fact that there was the guy from the reception entering the room everyday to remember someone about the check out. Also, in the last day they were making some works in the Hostel and started really early (8 a.m.!!!) way before the check out hour..

Delay on train meant I arrived after 23.00 when the recepyion closes. However, the staff had set aside a key and a note with my room number, so I could find my bed and pay them in the morning. Wondeful. The bunk beds were extremely noisy, metal framed and squeaky. Lounge area good, but don't bother with breakfast if you're a veggie.

We enjoyed our stay at Euphemia Hotel. The staff was very understanding and was able to put up with 15 college kids all trying to have a good weekend! I don't remember the names of the people at the front desk but they were very helpful and acccommodating. Do try the food they offer for breakfast, it was a lovely homecooked meal. Also try the bakery around the corner on the main street! Overall, great location being out of the city center and great resources all round.

We had a good stay here. The building is old and does not look fancy. However you get good value for your money. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is very good and yet you don't get alot of noise. Facilities are average but it's clean.

• 6th Feb 2015