Euro Hostel Edinburgh Halls Reviews

4/2 Kincaids Court (cnr Guthrie St), Cowgate, Edinburgh, Scotland

Everything wss good, but I was disappointed about the smell in the room and the door made lots of nois at night, when someone was trying to open it. The room was hovered precisely and the linen where clean as well :) Overall I will use this hostel in the future for sure! !!

• 28th Aug 2013
  • Lithuania

The toilet seat seems has broken for a long time,but it is not repaired during my stay. It's not convenient to use. The toilet.

Value for money is the keyword here. It is not an impressive or particularly comfortable hostel, but it's still very close to the city center and you can get anywhere from it. Served its purpose.

It is in a nice place right next to the royal mile: comfortable, clean but it is not really a bargain. The price we paid was a bit high and the hostel was completely empty, so we don't really understand the reason.

I was very comfortable in this hostal the kitchen is fantastic and perfect for prepared breakfast, it was pleasent for me definitely I come back

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Spain

I enjoyed my stay

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Poland

There are no elevators, so being on the top floor can be exhausting. Bathrooms (showers especially) are worn out (while for example the fridges look quite new). There is a fee (5 pounds, if I remember correctly) for storing luggage (but they put it in a secure room, so that is good). Free wifi works welll.

Great location and nice rooms for people travelling solo and wanting a night in their own private room. Just a shame there is no elevator for travellers with big bags.

nice hostel

i've used hostel several times great location for me would recommend as basic stopover many thanks,hope to see you again.

Great bedrooms and bathrooms! Excellent location right in the heart of the turistic part of town!

Good value, city centre, private, accommodation, close to everything. I chose to book here because it was cheap, central and had parking facility. On arrival I discovered parking needs to be booked as they only have 4 bays which are used by the Uni, had to go to multi story parking which cost £15 overnight. Not a problem for me, still great value!

• 24th Jul 2013

Atmosphere: Probably because the hostel is rented out for students for most of the year, they have spent absolutely no money on improving the atmosphere, as you would probably expect being the case at a normal hostel. So it's not a case of bad atmosphere, but rather it being non-existing. Facilities: Great shower and fully functioning kitchen. And even though the kitchen only had the exact same number of everything as the number of people sharing the flat.

• 15th Jul 2013
  • Denmark

Just fine. Room is very basic, bathrooms are clean. Staff speaks English and in the main room you can find information about the city. You get good value for the money you pay, but be aware that they ask extra money for many things, like early check in or charging your mobile phone in the main room. There are no towels in the room, ask for them at the reception. When checking in they don´t mention towels, but ifyou ask for them, they are free to use

A great budget hostel their place in Newcastle is better tho.

lovely,friendly staff ,great location.

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Slovakia

Cold during night, but no extra blankets. Also only one pillow/bed. Manageable. Was told there'd be free WiFi throughout the hostel, but that only worked for me if I put my surf pad against the window, and to use it there I had to sit on the foot-end of my bed, leaning on the window-sill. Was told by staff to go to reception or kitchen to get better coverage, but having to get dressed at 3am to go to common area to use internet? Don't think so... Otherwise clean and for that price a good stay!

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • Sweden

the room was not very clean as well as the shared bathroom