Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

Good stay only issue was that the free wifi was extremely slow!

Stayed in a private double room. Bed was comfortable, had sheets and towels. Room came with a TV with a couple of channels and we had a private bathroom. Also had a desk which came in useful. The standard wifi, at least where we were (the 6th floor) was pretty terrible. Paid for the premium wifi which was better, but still seemed to shut down at times when using skype and I had to reconnect a bunch of times. The pass also seems to work with one device at time, which isn't what we were told

• 25th Aug 2015

you cant get more central the hostel is massive very good for its price

Was booked into a 14 bed dorm but they ended up putting me in a 4 bedroom dorm. They did this without telling me and charged me extra for it... Reception did nothing about it when I brought it up to them. Other than that decent hostel. Careful with putting stuff in the fridge in the kitchen as mine was stolen.

We stayed in a 4 bed dorm room and this was nice, we had a shared bathroom and this was all good. The kitchen area is what let the hostel down, there are 8 floors of rooms, however barely any kitchen facilities. It was dirty and we did not feel comfortable cooking in there. If you wanted plates we had to go to reception and ask for them, but we were given plastic plates. It felt as though they purposefully made the facilities bad so more people would pay for the food they provide

Excellent accommodation at a very value for money price. Good breakfast. Clean and comfortable room. You couldn't do better at the prisce

• 18th Aug 2015

nice hostel close to the train station and city center...would stay again....thanks

Lovely staff, but the hostel was so dirty. The room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in two weeks!

Unfriendly employees. Expensive 5£ breakfast. And really dirty/almost broken showers. Not so bad but don't go there if you got other choices!

A great place to stay. Good location, lockers provided (use your own lock or buy one), good wifi in the room, large size room with table and chair. The only criticsm was there was one 'reachable' plug in the room for 4 people to use, and 2 underneath a bunk that you had to crawl on the floor to reach. An extension lead would have been very useful!

Facilities were pretty bad, showers were tiny and dirty, sinks were on the opposite side of the dorm room from the toilets, and didn't provide any way to dry your hands. Exterior of the hostel is very pretty with big glass doors, which seems to be an attempt to gloss over the fact that the rooms themselves are dirty and poorly maintained. Staff was not particularly friendly.

Got the opportunity to try both a twin room and a 8 bed dorm. The twin room was ok, clean etc... Dorms are very basics, cleaning is not done every day. But that's a budget accomodation anyway. Kitchen isn't well equipped (stolen items probably). Overall impressions : industrial scale (over 350 beds) and soulless atmosphere of the property.

• 11th Aug 2015

I just needed a place to sleep in Glasgow that wasn't too far from my conference. Euro Hostel Glasgow was great! The City Center and Merchant City are very close by. A surprise bonus is Macsorley's around the corner, with really good live music Mon-Sat. Despite having 12 full bunks in my room, *no* issues with other residents -- most people were in bed by 12, no noise between 10 and 8 am (besides snoring). Bar downstairs is convenient! Only downside is no one hung out in the lounge.

The dirtiest bedroom I have ever seen! Too little power outlets for 8 people. Warm and smelly air because the window could not be wide opened, and air could not circulate enough. In the kitchen there are NO plates NO cuttlery and NO glasses or cups. You have to ask the reception and they give you a paper plate with plastic knife/fork. It's ridiculous! Staff is unfriendly and looks quite annoyed if you ask for any thing. Lifts are old and don't work well. The worse hostel I ever stayed in.

staff was very rude and not only was my bed taken when I checked in the first night but I came back the second night to find my bed had again been given to another guest.

My cousin and I stayed here for 2 nights. It was very clean and the staff were friendly in helping us with directions to sites within the area. All the major attractions are within walking distance of the hostel as well as public transportation when we went farther from the city. The showers in the room were insanely small and I'm only a 5'05" female. I hit my head a few times and the surrounding walls were tight but other than that we had no issues.

good location. staff not very friendly. Clean. Big kitchen and common area. No free breakfast.

Found hairs on the wall of the shower (and I was the first and only person to stay in the room). the shower didn't drain well so I showered in ankle-deep water, which was gross considering it didn't seem the bathroom had been cleaned too well. Great view from the room, but there was only one outlet for a room with four beds, which is crazy!! Great bar downstairs though - very cheap and fun

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel, no common room, only the bar downstairs. It's in a good location though, close to the major train stations and not far from the airport shuttle stop.

My friends and I wanted to change the room. we did but the hotel never cancel the first reservation. So we paid 2 room for 1 person for that night. (my friend : guillaume Eppinger) The term and conditions were not clear. We couldn't cancelled 24h before I arrive but 24h before a certain hour. Moreover the security of the luggage drop room doesn't not even exist. Bad stay in your hotel

• 31st Jul 2015