Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

This hostel is good. Beds are assigned in the dorm rooms and outlets easily accessible. The wifi can only be used in the lounge or main lobby, it doesn't work in the rooms. It's clean and has decent beds.

Overall ok. Had a private double and it was a great size. Paid for breakfast but much of the food was empty and not being refilled.

Everything was top-notch. Clean, friendly, wifi in rooms, centrally located and only two blocks from Glasgow central train station. I'd stay again and recommend it to any traveler.

Refering to the issue of security: We really missed lockers in the dorms.

We did not really have contact with the staff, that's why I cannot put a high mark. The kitchen was often very dirty, and the dining room with it "canteen style" was too impersonal. We felt like we were alone in this huge place ... The lifts would deserve to be renewed. And the walls are not soundproof, so the neighbours' tv could be heard very easily.

Facilities are very old and really need an upgrade. Cleanliness is an issue - rooms had carpet in terrible conditions and very dirty, toilets seemed to have not been cleaned for a while and shower flooded. Wifi service is very irregular. Staff at the front desk are not friendly. Hostel is huge, and seems to be understaffed, which would explain why it looks so dirty. In general rooms were not clean at all.

I stayed at the hostel for the closing ceremony for the commonwealth games. The atmosphere was great and there was a real buzz. It was nice and quiet when I got to bed at 1am. The dorm wasnt very spacious for the 4 of us but it worked.

Great location and cheap prices. Girl checking us in was new and so didn't really interact with us at all but was polite enough and was probably just trying to concentrate on what she was doing. Perfect for 1 night for the commonwealth games and surprised the price was so cheap given the weekend.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Although we enjoyed our stay and the room was very clean i feel upgrading the mattresses on the beds would go towards a better nights sleep, also the breakfast staff where very slow which resulted in our not getting a full breakfast.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Scotland

I note your prices increased significantly for my stay during the Games. The room was dirty. especially the wash areas. Even at a cheap rate it doesn't cost much to clean toilets and showers

• 30th Jul 2014

Stayed here during the commonwealth games. Made it all the more enjoyable due to the great location and great staff. Many thanks to all.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

This is one of maybe four hostels in Glasgow according to the staff. The beds are bad - saggy, so that you sink into the middle. The lockers in the rooms don't work well and take some banging to open and close. The kitchen would have been nice if it were stocked with utensils, plates, and bowls. Signs said that people were stealing things so you have to go to the desk to get stuff but all they give you are paper plates and plastic knives. The rooms and ensuite bathrooms feel dirty.

All in all meeting my expectations and the average online score for the place. Staff could smile every now and then. Thanks

• 17th Jul 2014

Very happy with my stay at the hostel. Only let down was had to wait a long time to get my laundry done.

Not much choice when it comes to hostels in Glasgow. This one had a perfect location, close to train station. There was no breakfast and WiFi didn't work on 8th floor, only in reception. I stayed over wkd, so there were lots of young and drunk ppl. The room was clean and I am really glad for the ensuite bathroom. The website was saying that lockers are in the room, yeah, they were but they were not locking even with own lock, but only the ppl in the room could access the room. Ok value for money

the lift maintenance is very inconvenient for the time being, though I know it is inevitable. And the luggage store before check in charge is unnecessary, I think.

All my stay(3 nights) the internet was down and the staff wasn't very helpfull. The only answer was that it will be ok the next morning, and it wasn't. Also when you asked them a question, they always were acting like if you were asking for the moon and that they don't have time. Very unplaisant. The showers were kind of dirty and they were the smallest showers I have see in my whole life. There was nothing to attach your clothes on, so we had to put them on the floor of the shower.

• 8th Jul 2014

Good location, but no atmosphere at all because the hostel is very big (about 800 guests or so). We weren't able to cook properly because there was almost no kitchen gear and the stove didn't work properly. When you need a cheap place to sleep, this hostel is okay.

There should be 24h free wifi

Can't beat the location, despite the rather character-less facilities. Very helpful staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5