Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

I didn't like this hostel at all. Nothing in the kitchen worked .There were no enough plates or utensils. Rooms were extremely dirty and showers seemed like dry waterfalls. My key didn't work in several occasions and there was only one elevator working. I once had to take the stairs to the 9th. floor. The only postive thing about this hostel was the nice view and its location, close to Central Station.

Stayed here loads, great staff always helpfull :))) lovely breakfast , great location for everything you need in Glasgow :)))

• 16th May 2015
  • Scotland

Giving the price, the hostel is good. I spent a night there, the room was clean and the bathroom as well. It's very close to Glasgow Central station and to Queen Street. Don't expect to find a cozy environment, but if you only need a bed in a simple room is ok.

Good budget hostel for a night or two. Lounge area is nice, laundry available, multiple showers in dorms. Pretty good price for a convenient location. Super easy to get to and from the airport. But there are no mixed dorms - if you book for a male and female you'll be in separate rooms.

This hostel was pretty good. It was right beside the Glasgow Central Station which was handy and the shopping district was 5 minutes away. The staff were helpful but made it seem like I was a burden to them when I asked questions. It was an okay hostel, but it may be because I wasn't a fan of Glasgow. If I ever need to stay in Glasgow again I would go back. Nothing really special besides the bar that had tons of TV's and played sports.

Nice and useful staff. Perfect localization. There is only a few plates and no cups In the kitchen. Kettle don’t work. The kitchen is closed between 10 p.a. and 7 a.m. I have a problem with wi-fi. Very tiny shower.

It seemed as though just about every appliance in the kitchen was either broken or just not working including the power points. There were very few dishes and no way to dry them off once washed, creating a lot of clutter. Also, the rooms looked like they were only cleaned once or twice a week.

Comfortable beds had such a great sleep. The breakfast could have had a bit more option on the hot side.

• 1st May 2015

This hostel was like a dirty hotel. It is under construction and the work began at ungodly hours of the morning. My room was sketchy and although there was a cleaning staff to change all the bed sheets and whatnot, the bathrooms were grimy and just scary to use. The kitchen did not have close to the amount of equipment needed for people to cook with or eat on. The location was great which made it easy to stay out of the hostel for as long as possible until I was ready to sleep.

great hostel that's very close to central station or a short walk to queen st. if the trains are having problems (happened to me) for having parts under construction, it was very clean and not much noise at all. staff was helpful and very friendly. Bar is fun and food wasn't too bad.

I felt like the staff could be a bit more friendly.

The rooms all had free wifi, were clean and the showers hot. The bar downstairs served breakfast in the morning for an extra fee but was a great atmosphere. It was close to city center and down the street from the train station. All around a positive experience

The whole place felt dirty and grimy, and it didn't help that the toilets in the room only flushed some of the time. I did, however, appreciate the separate toilets and showers - an unfortunate rarity for hostels.

If you're looking for absolute budget accommodation, then this place is perfect. If however, you are concerned about being able to cook plenty, with lots of equipment available, or you want somewhere with a very amiable atmosphere that promotes getting to know other travelers, then this place isn't great. The kitchen facilities are extremely basic. The beds are comfortable and the showers work well, however, and for a one night stop on our journey it was fine.

• 14th Apr 2015

The place was darker than expected.

What you get is what you pay for. I stayed at a 8 people room and it was cheap! However facilities were somewhat dirty (stained carpets grimy showers). They're going through construction at the moment too. Interesting to see what's it like after construction, if I ever stop by Glasgow again. Regardless, staff were helpful.

It's £12 so you get what you pay for. I only had to stay one night and this sufficed for that. The room was pretty bare, two power outlets, showers were small, beds were extremely uncomfortable! No atmosphere in my opinion. No age restrictions so I had a few old guys in my room which as a solo traveler I just find weird. But hey, £12! Can't go really go wrong with that

Attention, this is not a hostel. Is a hotel, that give up being a hotel, and start act like a hostel. My bedroom was dirty. The kitchen had no glass, no mugs, not even fork and knives. They actually have slot machines at the common area. Anyway, it's just a place for sleeping, not for meet anybody.

can't receive either free or paid wifi from my bed. beds are made of metal tubes so noise can be very easily made. the cheap price is the only plus

Really is only 5 minutes from the station. I know some places like to say that when they actually are 10 minutes away! Makes a difference when you have a heavy bag. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The room was a bit basic but clean. Had one meal in the bar and it was good. About 20 mins walk to the Albert Hall where I went to see a gig. Locker didn't work with my padlock - think the bar needs to be quite thick, which was annoying. Good place to crash for the night in Glasgow.

« first « Prev 1 2 3