Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

This hostel was like a dirty hotel. It is under construction and the work began at ungodly hours of the morning. My room was sketchy and although there was a cleaning staff to change all the bed sheets and whatnot, the bathrooms were grimy and just scary to use. The kitchen did not have close to the amount of equipment needed for people to cook with or eat on. The location was great which made it easy to stay out of the hostel for as long as possible until I was ready to sleep.

I felt like the staff could be a bit more friendly.

The rooms all had free wifi, were clean and the showers hot. The bar downstairs served breakfast in the morning for an extra fee but was a great atmosphere. It was close to city center and down the street from the train station. All around a positive experience

The whole place felt dirty and grimy, and it didn't help that the toilets in the room only flushed some of the time. I did, however, appreciate the separate toilets and showers - an unfortunate rarity for hostels.

If you're looking for absolute budget accommodation, then this place is perfect. If however, you are concerned about being able to cook plenty, with lots of equipment available, or you want somewhere with a very amiable atmosphere that promotes getting to know other travelers, then this place isn't great. The kitchen facilities are extremely basic. The beds are comfortable and the showers work well, however, and for a one night stop on our journey it was fine.

• 14th Apr 2015

The place was darker than expected.

What you get is what you pay for. I stayed at a 8 people room and it was cheap! However facilities were somewhat dirty (stained carpets grimy showers). They're going through construction at the moment too. Interesting to see what's it like after construction, if I ever stop by Glasgow again. Regardless, staff were helpful.

It's £12 so you get what you pay for. I only had to stay one night and this sufficed for that. The room was pretty bare, two power outlets, showers were small, beds were extremely uncomfortable! No atmosphere in my opinion. No age restrictions so I had a few old guys in my room which as a solo traveler I just find weird. But hey, £12! Can't go really go wrong with that

Attention, this is not a hostel. Is a hotel, that give up being a hotel, and start act like a hostel. My bedroom was dirty. The kitchen had no glass, no mugs, not even fork and knives. They actually have slot machines at the common area. Anyway, it's just a place for sleeping, not for meet anybody.

can't receive either free or paid wifi from my bed. beds are made of metal tubes so noise can be very easily made. the cheap price is the only plus

Really is only 5 minutes from the station. I know some places like to say that when they actually are 10 minutes away! Makes a difference when you have a heavy bag. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The room was a bit basic but clean. Had one meal in the bar and it was good. About 20 mins walk to the Albert Hall where I went to see a gig. Locker didn't work with my padlock - think the bar needs to be quite thick, which was annoying. Good place to crash for the night in Glasgow.

Reasonably priced hostel, nice beds and a wonderful location.

Brief stay, but in a pretty central location and offers a discounted parking ticket. Room was a bit hot but nice size and nice shower (en-suite).

• 24th Mar 2015

Very cool hostel. Every rooms has its own toilet and a seperat shower.There is not much water coming out of the shower - but its always warm. During our stay the public rooms were renovated so I can't tell much about these. But the own bar of the house was very cool and the staff was very friendly. If you stay longer than one night and visit the bar on both evenings they may know what you drink ;) We ordered the breakfast one time - it was ok but for a vegan it's not.

Great hostel for a quick stop over in Glasgow. Couldn't be any cleaner which is great. Staff were alright, wasn't much of an atmosphere when we were there but I'm sure there usually is. Only downside is that we got there early and couldn't check in until 3pm and we had to pay for our bags to be locked up. Overall though a very very clean and tidy hostel, room was amazing and perfect value for your money!

Basic get what you pay for hostel no real complaints

Maybe a bit big for my liking but the location could not be better. so close to the train station and right next the river which means navigating around is very easy. Staff helped me out when I needed advice. Place was clean but the atmosphere was lost in the size in the place.

My 2nd vist here. Like it very much

Good hostel, in a handy location, breakfast was good value for the money, would stay again!

We went their in end of February. Staff are willing to answer questions. The breakfast is nice though is not included in the fee. Location is nice because it is very close to the central station. I thought there is no public facilities. In the second day I realize most public facilities are on the upper floor. If the staff can remind us that most public facilities are NOT in the ground that will be great. Mattress is not so good. Hopefully they can replace them with better one.

« first « Prev 1 2 3