Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

It far seems like a hotel rather than hostel. The room is extremely good value for money and clean. Lockers available but little disappointed by no self catering kitchen. Good location with five minutes to subway.

The room was so dirty, they probably clean it only once a month. The bathroom had a very old structure. The bed was very uncomfortable. Totally overpriced.

Excellent location - right next to Central Station and the Clyde. Staff were friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was a bit quiet but my girlfriend and I didn't really venture into the communal areas so can't comment too much. Room was basic but did the job, bed was comfortable. Shower was great - really powerful! All in all, very good for the price.

Loved the location, fantastic value for money. Only negative would be that when returning after going to a gig and sitting in the rec room (we didnt want to disturb our dorm-mates) we were questioned by staff backed by two security guards as to who we were and what we were doing in the hostel. This felt a bit excessive and intimidatory, causing us worry as they wouldn't tell us why they were questioning us. Other than that, great value for money and great location.

• 4th Dec 2014

An good value-for-money hostel with great location, which offers convenient privacy, as was our case. However, there were difficulties with the shower and the heating was turned on very high, while there were no options to change that.

Euro hostel was really clean and had good facilities, the main downfall was that it was so big which made it hard to scoliss. Apart from that it was awesome!

WIFI is not accessible,no microwave,bag storage is charged,not worthy of staying.

Staff was not helpful at all and didn't care about anything. I highly doubt the bathrooms were ever cleaned (there was a suspicious black mold in both of the showers) thoroughly ever, I saw them change the sheets on beds but that was it.

Being the cheapest place to book in Glasgow, we could not complain about anything except the WIFi connection which made you click back in after 15 minutes. If they can somehow change it to 30 minutes, I'd be a littler happier. Otherwise, I recommend the double rooms, so cheap and so nice.

This is the cheapest hostel in Glasgow and they have no competition. They know this so expect to pay ridiculous amounts for the minimum amount of service they can give you. Room stinks, wifi constantly logs you out and dropped for a day, no free breakfast, not enough lockers and some are broken, windows don't close and you sink into the bed like a taco, I thought it was a water bed at first.

Needs more power outputs in rooms

A niche hostel inside. The rooms were nice, the showers were en suite. Location is right in the city centre, I wasn't happy with the bar though. We was told it would be open as long as people was there, but was not allowed in at 12.30......a small gripe but overal a good place

in general es the worst place were i was stayed.

Put your ego down and you'll meet a lot of interesting people! :)

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Ukraine

Incredibly loud neighbors--I know this isn't the hostel's fault, however, it would've been nice for them to have done more to silence them when I asked.

• 13th Nov 2014

This hostel is one of the cheapest hostel in Glasgow and well located BUT, as every cheap big hostels you can find many sort of people, like backpackers (OK), workers (OK) and sometimes alcoholic people or junkies (not cool) in your room. If it happens, just ask the reception to change, the staff is cool. On top of that, the facilities are old.

Definitely not recommended. Not worth for your money.

We had a private room with a lovely view and our own bathroom for an unbeatable price. The staff was friendly. Free wifi in the whole hostel is perfect.

This hostel is alright but it's huge, not the easiest place to meet people if you're on your own. The lifts are frustrating and the beds are uncomfortable but fine if you drink yourself to sleep. Another hostel lacking in power points next to beds

Stayed here for one night while I was passing through Glasgow. Nice place, clean and warm. I was on the top floor so had great views!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5