Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

It was a great room the only problems we had where the smell of bleach or cleaning products! But at least it was clean! The hostel was going through a whole lot of renovations so it was a bit noisy at times with the jackhammer but that was only during the day! We would stay here again Glasgow was great

Clean and cheap with a good bar in the centre of Glasgow, exactly what I wanted.

Just an average hostel. Good wifi throughout the hostel and good views of the city from the top. No lockers though as advertised and they charge you 50 pence to store your luggage!

Stayed in a 4 bed female dorm, ensuite. Room was clean and liked how the bathroom, sink, and shower were all separate. The shower did not have any pressure and it wasn't warm/hot. There was only 1 plug in in the room as well. The room had a nice view tho. Also the common room/eating room was nice and big with lots of chairs and tables.

Unfortunately the beds in the room I tayed at didnt have letter tags as supposed when I as told I had a specified letter to my bed, which then resulted in just choosing a free bed.the shower couldnt even be called a shower there was hardly any water pressure which made me not have a shower at all when the water wouldn't turn warm and there were only few drops of water coming out. Room facilities were good and set up ok,size was alright, would wish for more then just 2 power plugs in a room of 4

Lonely planet called this hostel "institutional" and I think that's an understatement - it's a 9 floor characterless behemoth that's a cheap place to sleep and nothing else. Elevators were broken, wifi very slow, kitchen and lounge existed but were unpleasant. Rooms smelled musty. Had some unfortunate dorm mates as well so my review may be slightly colored. Desk staff were nice.

Location was pretty good, but everything else was average. No major complaints, but nothing to shout about either. Kitchen could be better equipped for the number of guests though.

This was a clean, good located, spacious hostel. I only stayed here for two nights but if I was in Glasgow again I may consider looking somewhere else to stay. there are No plates or bowels in the kitchen, wifi isn't that great, I've been told even when you pay it doesn't help. Only 1 outlet in a room for 4 person room. (But that was just my room) not a bad hostel over all, but not amazing.

The hostel is very good, in terms of location, atmosphere and position. The only negative things is that all the lockers in my room were pretty bad and many of them are broken. The frontdesk helped me to store my valuable things tough.

Most part of the hostel were being refurbished and repainted so I couldn't quite enjoy the facilities normally offered by the place.

Good location, nice price, no wall sockets in the room and bed is not comfortable.

The staff was rude to greet us and wasn't helpful at all when we asked about the shuttle to the airport. There was absolutely no atmosphere in the hangout room and the kitchen was skint for dishes especially mugs for tea.

This hostel is big (at least 6 floors), so it's not great for socializing. There were big lockers in the room. Everything was clean. There's a bar downstairs, and it's in a very central location. Staff seemed like they didn't want to be there.

The location is good, close to the city center. The only bad thing is the wifi is really bad, though they give u a choice pay for a better internet

Place is being renovated, didn't realise this, so no decent communal area to chill out in, but was only staying one night, so wasn't fussed.

It was quite loud. Maybe you can encourage guests to be courteous of other residents when sleeping.

• 5th Jun 2015

the photos are misleading .. as always they advertise a room that you will not get we booked a separate twinroom and the quality was extremely poor. The matress was damaged so there was no sleep at all , the room was dirty and 20 years past yearsof what isis shown in the add. Waste of money time and nerves.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Bulgaria

Great location in the city with amazing view to the bridge !!! Big room with 14 beds. Room was almost empty so the space and the toiletts inside were more than enought! Staff from the reception nice but the other staff from the hostel not so nice. Room clean and tidy. Good hostel for a couple of nights.

Large room 12 person dorm, had its own bathrooms/showers/sink area, clean, decent lockers, had bar in hostel Cons: staff wasn't terribly friendly, had to pay for luggage storage, bar food was terrible, there were school groups and families-super awkward We mostly just needed a place to sleep and this worked well. If we were looking to go out or spend time here, we might have considered switching hostels.

I've traveled through hostels for more than a decade, but your hostel is offensive. How dare you minimize the fact that I was molested by the homeless woman you roomed with us, then move me and my traveling partner to a room that only had dirty beds available, then only reluctantly return my cash payment to me because I was crying in front of new victims...I mean customers.

• 29th May 2015