Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

The hostel's location is great right beside the river Clyde and close to the city centre, but the staff didn't seem very helpful and welcoming. My stay was okay, but nothing more than that. In fact, the toilet and the shower in my room was dirty and the hall had not been cleaned after previous stays. Of course, I can't blame the hostel for my very loud snorring roommate, which meant I didn't get a lot of sleep. The hallways smelled a bit weird. Payed a little too much for what I got.

Great hostel, big rooms, clean and comfortable bed. Great staff. More power sockets in the room would be perfect.

Everything was excellent however the wifi in the room sucked and having to pay extra for the premium wifi was a bad move

Was exactly what we wanted... Which was a place to sleep and that's it... It doesn't really have much going on in the hostel but it's fine because there's plenty going on around it :)

“Rooms are really bellow expectations. Since they offer a better internet for extra money, their standard connection is barely usable. There was only 1 ac outlet in the whole room, terrible!”

A good place to stay! Thanks!

• 14th Jan 2015

No WiFi in the rooms, and the WiFi I did get downstairs was ludicrously slow. I ended up using the WiFi of an inn next door that could be connected to from the kitchen. The whole place felt a bit...grim. Not a huge amount wrong with it but I wouldn't go back.

I was not feeling well and was able to get a private room which was unexpected. Only drawback was that someone very close was playing very loud music until someone hammered on their door at 1.38am and told them to SHUT UP!

• 30th Dec 2014

I woke up the next day covered in bed bug bites. Not a pleasant experience. Great location but will not be going back due to bed bugs.

It was a really clean hostel, the staff was helpful and nice, my bed was kinda noisy at night but i don't really complain about it. The staff in the restaurant was really cool too. The only thing thats bad in this hostel is the internet, it worked sometimes and others didnt and then the people in the front desk offer me the 'plus one' like you have to pay for good internet... that rubbed me in the wrong way tbh.

For the price, Euro hostel is about what you can expect. Clean, and good for 1 or 2 nights, but more than that would be tough as the kitchen has almost no dishes or utensils. I had registered for a female dorm, but they accidentally put 3 guys in there late on my first night, so the 2nd night they moved me to a better, actual female do. Staff were courteous and apologetic in remedying mistake, but annoying that it happened to begin with.

It far seems like a hotel rather than hostel. The room is extremely good value for money and clean. Lockers available but little disappointed by no self catering kitchen. Good location with five minutes to subway.

The room was so dirty, they probably clean it only once a month. The bathroom had a very old structure. The bed was very uncomfortable. Totally overpriced.

Excellent location - right next to Central Station and the Clyde. Staff were friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was a bit quiet but my girlfriend and I didn't really venture into the communal areas so can't comment too much. Room was basic but did the job, bed was comfortable. Shower was great - really powerful! All in all, very good for the price.

Loved the location, fantastic value for money. Only negative would be that when returning after going to a gig and sitting in the rec room (we didnt want to disturb our dorm-mates) we were questioned by staff backed by two security guards as to who we were and what we were doing in the hostel. This felt a bit excessive and intimidatory, causing us worry as they wouldn't tell us why they were questioning us. Other than that, great value for money and great location.

• 4th Dec 2014

An good value-for-money hostel with great location, which offers convenient privacy, as was our case. However, there were difficulties with the shower and the heating was turned on very high, while there were no options to change that.

Euro hostel was really clean and had good facilities, the main downfall was that it was so big which made it hard to scoliss. Apart from that it was awesome!

You have to pay to put luggage in the storage room, something which we didn't expect in hostels. Wifi was poor and there was no atmosphere at all.

WIFI is not accessible,no microwave,bag storage is charged,not worthy of staying.

Staff was not helpful at all and didn't care about anything. I highly doubt the bathrooms were ever cleaned (there was a suspicious black mold in both of the showers) thoroughly ever, I saw them change the sheets on beds but that was it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4