Euro Hostel Glasgow

7.3
Very Good 5868 Total Reviews

18th Sep 2017
6.0

It's just too big. No character. Also needs more bathrooms.

18th Sep 2017

Super friendly staff. Good elevators. Excellent hot breakfast. Really enjoyed our time there. The location is ideal. Would definitely stay again

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
17th Sep 2017

Great option for the price! Clean, convenient, cheap, great wifi, huge hostel with elevator ! Luggage room was not the safest (30+ bags)... Everybody with a bag has access to it... but there are lockers you can use. We have a double private with ensuite, which has pretty much a hotel room, so that what very cool. Worst spring mattress we've ever slept on, and the floor was quite sticky, but the rest was flawless.

• mjuchniewicz
  • USA, Female, 18-24
5.4

This hostel is in the city center of Glasgow, which in my opinion is just another filthy city. You have to get to the west end to really see what Glasgow has to offer. Pretty much anyone can walk into the hostel any time of the day and my lock was too small to actually lock my things in the lockers. The room and the bathroom/showers had mold all over the ceilings. The wifi was good but there was only one outlet in the entire room. Would not stay here again.

• Estonia, Female, 18-24
6.9

I've been to hostels that offer more for less money.

7.7

It gets my rating for price, that's about all. The beds were uncomfortable, and the reception was not the friendliest I've come across. That being said it did what it was supposed to, as in providing me a bed for the trip from Dublin to Edinburgh. Would probably pass next time. My roommates were cool though.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
4.9

Very cheap hostel, but this is also what you get. Plain, not comfortable beds, white walls, dirty rooms and bathrooms. No extra light at each bedroom and only two sockets in a 4bed-room. Not acceptable! Staff speaks English not so well and are not very caring. I would not go there again and definitely not stay for more than one night. They earn a good amount of money with all these beds, they should start putting some commitment and creativity into it.

15th Sep 2017
5.4

Stayed in 2 different rooms. Mattress in one room was terrible & should be replaced immediately. 2nd time (Sept 15th Room 311) shared a dorm with 2 others, 1 of which snored. While you take your chances on who you room with at 1 am I couldn't take it any longer. Went downstairs and asked the manger if there was another room. There wasn't so I took a cab to the airport. While unfortunate,what irked me the most is that the manager didn't show any sympathy or help to find alternate accommodation.

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
14th Sep 2017
6.3

In general the staff was so unfriendly in my check in and check out!! Anybody explain me about spaces and facilities, the are just interested in the payment!! I was charged 2 pounds for leaving my luggage with two suitcases in the stash for being me alone one person even though my room was two. and that paying the two pounds did not guarantee any security for my luggage. I understand the theme of space but I consider illogical the charge versus the service they gave.

• PATRICKFOX25
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
12th Sep 2017
5.4

I stayed in an 8-bed suite. The Parisians in the room (really nice guys), had 6 of the beds, yet at one point I think there were about 12 of them (I don't mind, so long as I can get some sleep!). At 1:30 am, the manager and security guard came to eject the additional guests, and in doing so made a lot of noise, and even threatened the other guests in the room. It was a totally unacceptable behavior, and it gave the people of Glasgow a bad name.

×