Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

Good hostel, in a handy location, breakfast was good value for the money, would stay again!

We went their in end of February. Staff are willing to answer questions. The breakfast is nice though is not included in the fee. Location is nice because it is very close to the central station. I thought there is no public facilities. In the second day I realize most public facilities are on the upper floor. If the staff can remind us that most public facilities are NOT in the ground that will be great. Mattress is not so good. Hopefully they can replace them with better one.

Had adequate double ensuite with towells and was great as a base in Glasgow. Easy walking distance to Central Station with all our luggage and a Lidl supermarket to get provisions. Other guests did wake us up at 4am playing for some time in the corridor but reception did deal with them. Could we this in any hotel so not a reason not to stay again if up that way.

• 18th Feb 2015

One of the elevators was broken, and the one that did work was slow and undependable. Since we were on the 9th floor, it was a big disadvantage. Also, 1.50 pounds is a LOT of money to ask to keep a bag behind a desk the day of check-in. The kitchen was disgusting when we went to use it. Although, the room was nice.

• 14th Feb 2015

Great Hostel. Atmosphere wasn't spectacular but was there during the week in Feb' so wasn't expecting much more. I found the hostel very modern and clean.Staff was very helpful and the location is a short walking distance from the Center. I would stay there again. Fantastic value for money.

Eurohostel is pretty nice, friendly staff, a nice and cheap pub down stairs and its in a good location. Would happily stay there again

great location and value for money, the all you can eat breakfast is awsome

• 29th Jan 2015

The wifi is very bad

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

The hostel's location is great right beside the river Clyde and close to the city centre, but the staff didn't seem very helpful and welcoming. My stay was okay, but nothing more than that. In fact, the toilet and the shower in my room was dirty and the hall had not been cleaned after previous stays. Of course, I can't blame the hostel for my very loud snorring roommate, which meant I didn't get a lot of sleep. The hallways smelled a bit weird. Payed a little too much for what I got.

Great hostel, big rooms, clean and comfortable bed. Great staff. More power sockets in the room would be perfect.

Everything was excellent however the wifi in the room sucked and having to pay extra for the premium wifi was a bad move

Was exactly what we wanted... Which was a place to sleep and that's it... It doesn't really have much going on in the hostel but it's fine because there's plenty going on around it :)

“Rooms are really bellow expectations. Since they offer a better internet for extra money, their standard connection is barely usable. There was only 1 ac outlet in the whole room, terrible!”

A good place to stay! Thanks!

• 14th Jan 2015

No WiFi in the rooms, and the WiFi I did get downstairs was ludicrously slow. I ended up using the WiFi of an inn next door that could be connected to from the kitchen. The whole place felt a bit...grim. Not a huge amount wrong with it but I wouldn't go back.

I was not feeling well and was able to get a private room which was unexpected. Only drawback was that someone very close was playing very loud music until someone hammered on their door at 1.38am and told them to SHUT UP!

• 30th Dec 2014

I woke up the next day covered in bed bug bites. Not a pleasant experience. Great location but will not be going back due to bed bugs.

It was a really clean hostel, the staff was helpful and nice, my bed was kinda noisy at night but i don't really complain about it. The staff in the restaurant was really cool too. The only thing thats bad in this hostel is the internet, it worked sometimes and others didnt and then the people in the front desk offer me the 'plus one' like you have to pay for good internet... that rubbed me in the wrong way tbh.

For the price, Euro hostel is about what you can expect. Clean, and good for 1 or 2 nights, but more than that would be tough as the kitchen has almost no dishes or utensils. I had registered for a female dorm, but they accidentally put 3 guys in there late on my first night, so the 2nd night they moved me to a better, actual female do. Staff were courteous and apologetic in remedying mistake, but annoying that it happened to begin with.

It far seems like a hotel rather than hostel. The room is extremely good value for money and clean. Lockers available but little disappointed by no self catering kitchen. Good location with five minutes to subway.

« first « Prev 1 2 3