Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

near to the station

Overall it was fine as a place to drop your things off and for a bed to sleep in while you're out all day. A few things could be improved however. More secure lockers might be nice. The basket lockers under the beds seemed really easy to break into if someone was inclined to do so. They should also really put a sign on the fridge saying to label your food (there is none even though they claimed so and then proceeded to throw out my perfectly fresh food without warning)

• 23rd Jul 2015

Please clean the rooms.

This is the worst hostel I've stayed. I stayed one night and moved out. When I checked in the staff were rude and disinterested. The lockers were very old and had to have a special kind of lock. The beds were terrible, I could feel the springs and it smelt like stale urine. The carpet in the room was disgusting with dirt so ingrained it needed replacing. The kitchen was just as filthy. The food at the bar was beyond terrible. The manager to her credit gave me a refund for two nights.

The location of the hostel is right in the city centre, that's good. The rooms are okay but the beds aren't very comfortable and made my back hurt. Our ensuite bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all before our arrival.

This was possibly the worst hostel in which I have ever stayed. It was filthy dirty with dust and dirt everywhere. The staff were rude, and extremely unhelpful. The only thing good about this hostel was the location. I would never ever stay here again, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Really a choice location for getting in, out and around Glasgow.

mattress was too old. not enough water for shower to take.

Pretty average hostel, nothing spectacular. A very decent place to stay in Glasgow.

• 10th Jul 2015

The location was fantastic, and the room was clean. The bed was very worn but for he price it was fine. The luggage storage room was handy and for 50p per bag is very reasonable.

Very poor noise isolation and noisy neighbours. Nothing happened after a complaint was made

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Spain

I had always been satisfied with all my previous stays in hostels, so it was an unexpected surprise to have such a terrible experience. The room was in a terrible mess - the elder guy who was in that room was vomiting in the toilet and washbasin. Then I discovered that the bed sheets on my bed had already been used by someone else, so I had to exchange them and took the ones from the other bad. The smell in the room was terrible.

Staff were really helpful and friendly. Lift was unreliable and my card to Get into the room didn't work at first. Really close to central station and the river.

Hostel is centrally located but we found the facilities to be worst than expected. The staff wasn't very nice; when we arrived girls at the desk didn't even acknowledge us even though we were standing in front of them... It felt like we were interrupting her chit chat session with her colleague. Our room felt dirty and old, bunk beds were rusty and none of the lockers worked, when we asked to be fixed they said "you are in a private, you don't need lockers!" Lack of customer service for sure!

Aside from the location there was not that would bring us back to this hostel. Very unclean rooms and facilities, right beside local train (adding to the already high noise level), luggage storage was unmonitored and often the door was not shut. Rooms get quite warm but opening the windows lets in a lot of street noise. Some of the staff was helpful, but most were very unapproachable.

We had a private room for a great price. The shower was very small but good water pressure and temperature. We didn't really hang out in the lounges because we weren't there long but the facilities seemed nice. The bar downstairs was a convenient place to grab something to eat but it would have been nice if breakfast ran a little longer. The best part was the staff. They answered all of our questions, gave us a map with great directions, and were very friendly! Overall a good experience!

Very nice hostel, with a hotel feel. Great location close to trains. Having showers in the room was a plus and everything was very clean and comfortable. Staff were fun and helpful!

Nice large hostel, beds were not comfortable but everything else was good

It was good enough for a one night stay for the money I paid for a single room as a backpacker, but I wouldn't use it if I wanted to have a nice resting weekend. It really serves the purpose though and it was clean, so I was happy enough with it.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Hungary

It was a great room the only problems we had where the smell of bleach or cleaning products! But at least it was clean! The hostel was going through a whole lot of renovations so it was a bit noisy at times with the jackhammer but that was only during the day! We would stay here again Glasgow was great

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5