Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

This is one of maybe four hostels in Glasgow according to the staff. The beds are bad - saggy, so that you sink into the middle. The lockers in the rooms don't work well and take some banging to open and close. The kitchen would have been nice if it were stocked with utensils, plates, and bowls. Signs said that people were stealing things so you have to go to the desk to get stuff but all they give you are paper plates and plastic knives. The rooms and ensuite bathrooms feel dirty.

All in all meeting my expectations and the average online score for the place. Staff could smile every now and then. Thanks

• 17th Jul 2014

Very happy with my stay at the hostel. Only let down was had to wait a long time to get my laundry done.

the lift maintenance is very inconvenient for the time being, though I know it is inevitable. And the luggage store before check in charge is unnecessary, I think.

All my stay(3 nights) the internet was down and the staff wasn't very helpfull. The only answer was that it will be ok the next morning, and it wasn't. Also when you asked them a question, they always were acting like if you were asking for the moon and that they don't have time. Very unplaisant. The showers were kind of dirty and they were the smallest showers I have see in my whole life. There was nothing to attach your clothes on, so we had to put them on the floor of the shower.

• 8th Jul 2014

Good location, but no atmosphere at all because the hostel is very big (about 800 guests or so). We weren't able to cook properly because there was almost no kitchen gear and the stove didn't work properly. When you need a cheap place to sleep, this hostel is okay.

There should be 24h free wifi

Can't beat the location, despite the rather character-less facilities. Very helpful staff.

Good location, cheap to stay overnight. Was in 14 bed dormitory but the mattress was very springy and uncomfortable. Certainly needed a change. Facilities overall were good with staff members helpful to answer your queries.

• 5th Jul 2014

Our room was filthy, I looked under the bed

• 4th Jul 2014

Kitchen facilities poor and didn't feel clean, no plug for the sinks so this made washing difficult. Ice cream machine also not stocked.

Very nice hostel, at great price and with a PUB integrated.

I stayed in the 14 bed dorm with ensuite. The toilets looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks and out of the 2 showers, one didn't have hot water. Bedding was torn. Hostel bar was excellent, great cheap food, and bar staff great, but reception a bit cold. Location was the most positive feature. Wouldn't stay again though.

Hostel clean and tidy - though would help if they switched off electric sockets and had individual lights for beds or a couple dorm lights for each end. Good location

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • United Arab Emirates

Plug socket in our room hanging off

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great location. Lot of pressure on kitchen facilities - too small for the number of users when we were there. Handy having laundry.

Good hostel right in the centre of Glasgow. Very handy to central train station

weird showers big place though. More like a Hotel.

It was an amazing stay. There were heaps of rooms and beds, showers had not water the whole time. Guests and staff were all very nice. Breakfast was pentiful. No wifi in the rooms but it was fine in the lower levels. Would stay again. Pretty good location, close to Lidl and Tesco. I pretty much walked everywhere.

• 22nd Jun 2014

The security in rooms could be better as i had my pyjamas stolen from under my pillow! The fact that the cleaners thought i had left after my first night didnt really help though. Other than that was a nice relaxing posh stay at Euro Hostel and i will definitely be back after the Commonwealth Games! Secure bike storage will be very useful for my last few shifts!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5