Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

I woke up the next day covered in bed bug bites. Not a pleasant experience. Great location but will not be going back due to bed bugs.

It was a really clean hostel, the staff was helpful and nice, my bed was kinda noisy at night but i don't really complain about it. The staff in the restaurant was really cool too. The only thing thats bad in this hostel is the internet, it worked sometimes and others didnt and then the people in the front desk offer me the 'plus one' like you have to pay for good internet... that rubbed me in the wrong way tbh.

For the price, Euro hostel is about what you can expect. Clean, and good for 1 or 2 nights, but more than that would be tough as the kitchen has almost no dishes or utensils. I had registered for a female dorm, but they accidentally put 3 guys in there late on my first night, so the 2nd night they moved me to a better, actual female do. Staff were courteous and apologetic in remedying mistake, but annoying that it happened to begin with.

It far seems like a hotel rather than hostel. The room is extremely good value for money and clean. Lockers available but little disappointed by no self catering kitchen. Good location with five minutes to subway.

The room was so dirty, they probably clean it only once a month. The bathroom had a very old structure. The bed was very uncomfortable. Totally overpriced.

Excellent location - right next to Central Station and the Clyde. Staff were friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was a bit quiet but my girlfriend and I didn't really venture into the communal areas so can't comment too much. Room was basic but did the job, bed was comfortable. Shower was great - really powerful! All in all, very good for the price.

Loved the location, fantastic value for money. Only negative would be that when returning after going to a gig and sitting in the rec room (we didnt want to disturb our dorm-mates) we were questioned by staff backed by two security guards as to who we were and what we were doing in the hostel. This felt a bit excessive and intimidatory, causing us worry as they wouldn't tell us why they were questioning us. Other than that, great value for money and great location.

• 4th Dec 2014

An good value-for-money hostel with great location, which offers convenient privacy, as was our case. However, there were difficulties with the shower and the heating was turned on very high, while there were no options to change that.

Euro hostel was really clean and had good facilities, the main downfall was that it was so big which made it hard to scoliss. Apart from that it was awesome!

You have to pay to put luggage in the storage room, something which we didn't expect in hostels. Wifi was poor and there was no atmosphere at all.

WIFI is not accessible,no microwave,bag storage is charged,not worthy of staying.

Staff was not helpful at all and didn't care about anything. I highly doubt the bathrooms were ever cleaned (there was a suspicious black mold in both of the showers) thoroughly ever, I saw them change the sheets on beds but that was it.

Being the cheapest place to book in Glasgow, we could not complain about anything except the WIFi connection which made you click back in after 15 minutes. If they can somehow change it to 30 minutes, I'd be a littler happier. Otherwise, I recommend the double rooms, so cheap and so nice.

This is the cheapest hostel in Glasgow and they have no competition. They know this so expect to pay ridiculous amounts for the minimum amount of service they can give you. Room stinks, wifi constantly logs you out and dropped for a day, no free breakfast, not enough lockers and some are broken, windows don't close and you sink into the bed like a taco, I thought it was a water bed at first.

Needs more power outputs in rooms

A niche hostel inside. The rooms were nice, the showers were en suite. Location is right in the city centre, I wasn't happy with the bar though. We was told it would be open as long as people was there, but was not allowed in at 12.30......a small gripe but overal a good place

in general es the worst place were i was stayed.

Put your ego down and you'll meet a lot of interesting people! :)

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Ukraine

Incredibly loud neighbors--I know this isn't the hostel's fault, however, it would've been nice for them to have done more to silence them when I asked.

• 13th Nov 2014

Great please to stay. Staff we're so helpful and help with directions and places to go. Also the guy at reception helped with my heavy bag. The rooms were great and big, beds were comfy and convenient to have the bathrooms in the rooms. Great location. Breakfast was amazing such a huge spread out out and was all you can eat. Only negative would be there was no cutlery, plates, cups and limited pot and pans so could not cook my own dinner. Overall had a great stay and would stay there again :)