Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

Our room was filthy, I looked under the bed

• 4th Jul 2014

Kitchen facilities poor and didn't feel clean, no plug for the sinks so this made washing difficult. Ice cream machine also not stocked.

Very nice hostel, at great price and with a PUB integrated.

I stayed in the 14 bed dorm with ensuite. The toilets looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks and out of the 2 showers, one didn't have hot water. Bedding was torn. Hostel bar was excellent, great cheap food, and bar staff great, but reception a bit cold. Location was the most positive feature. Wouldn't stay again though.

Hostel clean and tidy - though would help if they switched off electric sockets and had individual lights for beds or a couple dorm lights for each end. Good location

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • United Arab Emirates

Plug socket in our room hanging off

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great location. Lot of pressure on kitchen facilities - too small for the number of users when we were there. Handy having laundry.

Good atmosphere and great location. Perfect for a night out in town. Walking distance to the night life, shops and town.

Good hostel right in the centre of Glasgow. Very handy to central train station

weird showers big place though. More like a Hotel.

It was an amazing stay. There were heaps of rooms and beds, showers had not water the whole time. Guests and staff were all very nice. Breakfast was pentiful. No wifi in the rooms but it was fine in the lower levels. Would stay again. Pretty good location, close to Lidl and Tesco. I pretty much walked everywhere.

The security in rooms could be better as i had my pyjamas stolen from under my pillow! The fact that the cleaners thought i had left after my first night didnt really help though. Other than that was a nice relaxing posh stay at Euro Hostel and i will definitely be back after the Commonwealth Games! Secure bike storage will be very useful for my last few shifts!

I appreciated the large sitting/ dining area - well lit and a good place to sit and read. did not use the kitchen this time but another maybe. very pleasant person in the breakfast room.

• 20th Jun 2014

Good hostel in an excellent location with modern facilities. Atmosphere is slightly dented however by having rooms on a large number of levels that are tightly segregated based on gender.

I have stayed at this hostel many times for overnight trips and my past 3 visits (within a month) have been disappointing. It is very cheap so I don't expect much, but the staff I met recently were particularly unpleasant. One woman on nights is rude and really unhelpful, it seemed I knew more about my inquiry than she did. The lifts have been under long-term maintenance which is frustrating, but it does seem they are working on it. The showers are also very poor.

The lack of cutlery/crockery/cooking utensils in the kitchen made it incredibly difficult to cook a meal. We had to eat cereal out of paper cups, and the paper plates leaked. I realise this is to prevent people stealing things, but it didn't seem to be a problem in any of our other hostels, and real cutlery etc could easily be provided as long as it was returned We also didn't appreciate having to pay for the unsecure luggage storage or wifi All in all, we were glad to only be staying 2 nights

The hostel is located in a great location but that was the only positive about the experience. I arrived to a room with two bathrooms with both toilets did not work and the room smelled of urine and damp. Room was not clean and lockers did not seem secure to store my valuables. As it was a weekend I was unable to move rooms or receive a refund. Felt less like a hostel and more like a flop house or cheap housing in Glasgow. For a spot in city center of Glasgow was not acceptable

not really a hostel. looks more like a hotel with some dorms. no chicken no place to hang out no atmosphere and worst of all no plugs!!!

Is it really a hostel? It was more like a hotel. :) I believe it is an excellent place for cheap accommodation.

you need to change the locker as the 609C is broken.

• 11th Jun 2014