Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

Staff is great and very friendly, the overall was also surprisingly good for the money paid. the only low point is noise made by other guests...

Really good stay, staff were brilliant and the location was perfect. Room had everything and was perfect for the price :)

Overall an excellent stay. Only thing I can complain about is I only met one member of staff who was happy and helpful. He checked us out of the hostel. Any time I came in or out all of the other staff were always outside smoking and didn't seem to care about the customers.

• 4th Jan 2016

Positive: Great location in pretty much the centre and not at all far from the train stations either. Negative: The kitchen is not very well equipped (by this I mean there where none in sight) in regards to utensils, plates etc... The showers were pants. Other: It was only £10 so can't really complain.

Eveything was great for a budget stay, especially because my partner and I had a private room. Only criticism would be that the elevators were not in good working order for our stay which was annoying because we were on the 5th floor. The staff should be using the service elevator for their daily cleaning not the customer one as this caused a complete stastand still of people waiting to use them. Also there was only one working (not sure whawhat was wrong with the other one).

brilliant hostel only down side for me is the lack of individual lights at the beds in some of the rooms.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Scotland

The Cleanliness is bad in the room, there was dust everywhere inside the room and it was really hard to take a shower, because the water was too hot or too cold and no one could manage it.

The hostel is good, but the staff was impolite and didn't have patience to explain about the things and rules, principally with people who the mother language is not English.

• 29th Dec 2015

Room was littered with trash from other guests. Showers were damp throughout. Overall very unwelcoming environment, partially a result of unpleasant roommates, partially a failure of the hostel to keep clean.

Shower was broken and toilet was leaking so we had to change rooms, tap was so close to the sink edge you couldn't even wash your hands properly, staff did their best to fix the shower. Location good

• 28th Dec 2015

I really someone would have cleaned the toilets while I was there. Someone had dirtied up the seat on one of them and it stayed dirty for the next 3 days (at least, I had left 3 days later). Also, I'm not sure where the blame lies, but I should have only been charged 35.20 pounds instead of 40 pounds, since I had paid a 4.80 pound deposit when I booked. I didn't realise this until after I had left.

The hostel is clean and beds are pretty comfortable. The staff are not particularly friendly nor very helpful. Would recommend if you're looking for a cheap and decent place to stay.

We stayed in a twin room with ensuite. I felt like I was in a budget hotel as they provided everything that you need, towel, hairdryer (free at reception) and soap. Even a TV was in the room. Very close walk to Central Station and many restaurants and shops nearby.

If you have a little brain you don't choose euro hostel because terrible hostel. Only location good.

The Livingroom was pretty cold and there were no cups to drink off. But It was a really good hostel and would recommend it to everybody the location was really good!!

This was all in all a satisfactory hostel. We paid around 12 pounds per night per person which was really cheap considering we had a private room with en-suite. To sort out the towel confusion that exists in the comment section here, you do pay 7 pounds to hire a towel, but you get 5 of those back when you return the towel. The hostel is huge and in a very central and convenient location, good for a trip on a budget.

Staff neither friendly nor helpful. Not enough lockers for everyone (10 lockers for 14 beds). Impossible to get fresh air in the rooms ; it smelled. They changed my room without prior notice and lost some of my stuff during the process ! Free wifi doesn't work at all.

I think the room is very gloomy. mine in specific. the light is even more gloomy than my friend's room. Location is very good though!

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Nothing bad, nothing exceptionnal

Typical large hostel, which is basically a budget hotel. Staff provide little engagement with guests, doubtful that would be encouraged by upper hierarchy. Funnily this is one of the higher rated hostels in Glasgow. SOS, please raise the standard of hostels throughout the UK.