Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

My friends and I wanted to change the room. we did but the hotel never cancel the first reservation. So we paid 2 room for 1 person for that night. (my friend : guillaume Eppinger) The term and conditions were not clear. We couldn't cancelled 24h before I arrive but 24h before a certain hour. Moreover the security of the luggage drop room doesn't not even exist. Bad stay in your hotel

• 31st Jul 2015

For me, a hostel is a place to meet new people and have fun experiences. I think Euro Hostel was barely a cheap hotel. The staff was very effective but not friendly, limiting to reply monosyllabically to my questions. The rooms were cleaned everyday. But considering this place more as a cheap hotel than a hostel, they were not successful, `cause the internet didn't work well (unless you pay £3/day), the lift stopped twice, the fridge wasn't cooling and the microwave didn't work. Not fun :(

nice hostel close to the city center. There was even a full orchestrator rehearsing in the common area...that's a first :-)

Great location, but inside you really get what you pay for - it's basic accommodation and the bathrooms and carpets could definitely be cleaner. Although the kitchen was very basic there was a nice common area to eat and hang out.

Actually i didn't try the dormitory in real .. i was booking for a 14 bed room and for some reason they moved me to 4 bed dorm, so it was really comfy .. and it's designed as a hotel with hostel facilities .. the kitchen is good, the common room didn't have the atmosphere but it's ok big enough if you travel as a group. and it's a good central location anyway.

Got upgraded to a twin room when male only bedrooms were full - a sign of great service! The bar downstairs was excelle t, and the breakfast worth buying. Otherwise only positives.

Pretty decent. Expect to pay about 50p each for body wash and shampoo. Shower in the women's dorm was uncomfortable with no fan or hooks to hang towel + clothes, but for one or two nights you can tough it out. Nice staff and great kitchen and lounge area!

near to the station

very generous bathrooms: 3 showers ensuite in a room of 8? wow!

Overall it was fine as a place to drop your things off and for a bed to sleep in while you're out all day. A few things could be improved however. More secure lockers might be nice. The basket lockers under the beds seemed really easy to break into if someone was inclined to do so. They should also really put a sign on the fridge saying to label your food (there is none even though they claimed so and then proceeded to throw out my perfectly fresh food without warning)

• 23rd Jul 2015

Please clean the rooms.

It was an ok hostel. It seems like it was a former hotel. There is a kitchen facility but no cutlery or plates - had to go to reception to get plastic plates and cups which was really annoying. Toilet didn't flush well either. Not a social hostel either.

This is the worst hostel I've stayed. I stayed one night and moved out. When I checked in the staff were rude and disinterested. The lockers were very old and had to have a special kind of lock. The beds were terrible, I could feel the springs and it smelt like stale urine. The carpet in the room was disgusting with dirt so ingrained it needed replacing. The kitchen was just as filthy. The food at the bar was beyond terrible. The manager to her credit gave me a refund for two nights.

The location of the hostel is right in the city centre, that's good. The rooms are okay but the beds aren't very comfortable and made my back hurt. Our ensuite bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all before our arrival.

This was possibly the worst hostel in which I have ever stayed. It was filthy dirty with dust and dirt everywhere. The staff were rude, and extremely unhelpful. The only thing good about this hostel was the location. I would never ever stay here again, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Really a choice location for getting in, out and around Glasgow.

mattress was too old. not enough water for shower to take.

Pretty average hostel, nothing spectacular. A very decent place to stay in Glasgow.

• 10th Jul 2015

The location was fantastic, and the room was clean. The bed was very worn but for he price it was fine. The luggage storage room was handy and for 50p per bag is very reasonable.

Very poor noise isolation and noisy neighbours. Nothing happened after a complaint was made

• 4th Jul 2015