Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

I really enjoyed my two nights here. The beds were nice and comfortable and the bathrooms were very clean. The sitting area on the first floor was very nice with couches and tables. However, the wifi did not reach the ninth floor, which was where I was located. I had to go to the first floor sitting area to get wifi.

Ok bu broken lockers

Very nice restaurant to eat at but the showers are poor. Unless you are over 6ft then you get water right in your face. This was not pleasant at all. Wifi didn't work in my room and they never looked into it. The location is great though

This hostel very much felt like a hotel. Great as a place to rest your head, not so great if you're looking to meet people and socialise. The lock on our door was a bit funny and kept getting stuck but overall it was fine! We ended up having to call security because someone was having a meltdown in our room, and the staff were very apologetic and friendly!

Shower cubicle in en suite room was tiny. Had to turn water off to lather shampoo and shower gel. Other than that, not a bad word could be said about this place.

There was bubblegum stuck to the bedframe above my bed, and the window-mechanism was broken so it did not stay closed.

The showers were uncomfortably small, and I am already a small person. The shower head couldn't be adjusted and was aimed right at my face making it very difficult to function. Some form of shelving in the shower room for putting toiletries on would be really helpful. The toilets can only be flushed every half hour because the toilet tank took so long to fill up. There was no soap in the hand soap dispenser, which is kind of unsanitary. All these things made my stay rather uncomfortable.

I really enjoyed my stay, i met some awesome people there!! rooms were good, we had THREE showers in our room, that was great!!!! The lift is a but slow, but if you are patient will work good. location was good, i really had a nice time!

everything was great !

• 11th May 2014

Everything about this hostel is great friendly atmosphere aswell!! Definately recommend to everyone.

• 8th May 2014
  • Scotland

I did not enjoy my stay at this hostel. My number one concern was security. I felt my belongings were unsafe. The lockers in my room were all broken, so I had to sleep with all my valuables in my bed. The bathroom door didn't even lock properly, so anyone could come right on in. There was extra security storage available however it was at a cost. The hostel was generally unclean and very impersonal. It felt like a hotel really, but unclean and very cheap. I would not recommend this hostel at all

Disappointed that price had gone up and breakfast is no longer included , last time I stayed (5 months ago) it was cheaper and breakfast was included!

We weren't sure what all the bad reviews were about. The hostel has comfortable beds and good facilities in a central location in Glasgow. Maybe it was because we were there midweek but it was also exceptionally cheap and the bar has cheap, tasty food. The breakfast is definitely worth booking in advance. The staff could be improved, they gave me wrong information and didn't act on issues when brought to their attention.

A hostel like a hotel. Something different than in Edinburgh. Pity we had the room at the same level as a group of German teenagers...

Car parking could be a problem as it is not adjacent, and if you park on-street your vehicle would be ticketed if you don't move it before 8am.

Great Location, Free Wi-Fi. Lots of toilets and shower in the 12-bed dorm. I liked this hostels as it was clean and the staff were friendly. There were only 2 others in the room with me so that was awesome. The view was also amazing. I got to see the Clyde River from my room.

Internet was not working proprely, and we have to wait a long time for the lifts. But the location was good

• 26th Apr 2014

The heating was on throughout our stay, and neither one of us slept the entire night we were there. Staff wasn't terribly helpful, other than just stating they couldn't do anything.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Over all I was very satisfied with my stay. The location is amazing and the rooms were OK. Showers could have been done better as the drains blocked easily and very small ventilation couldn't handle 4 people in short time. For those planning to use carpark near by be aware- yes you will get discount from hostel but pay when you want to leave the carpark not in advance otherwise you will have to pay twice.

Internet wasn't working, lifts wasn't working, and you have to pay for the Luggage Storage. The location is good.