Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

This was all in all a satisfactory hostel. We paid around 12 pounds per night per person which was really cheap considering we had a private room with en-suite. To sort out the towel confusion that exists in the comment section here, you do pay 7 pounds to hire a towel, but you get 5 of those back when you return the towel. The hostel is huge and in a very central and convenient location, good for a trip on a budget.

Staff neither friendly nor helpful. Not enough lockers for everyone (10 lockers for 14 beds). Impossible to get fresh air in the rooms ; it smelled. They changed my room without prior notice and lost some of my stuff during the process ! Free wifi doesn't work at all.

I think the room is very gloomy. mine in specific. the light is even more gloomy than my friend's room. Location is very good though!

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Nothing bad, nothing exceptionnal

Typical large hostel, which is basically a budget hotel. Staff provide little engagement with guests, doubtful that would be encouraged by upper hierarchy. Funnily this is one of the higher rated hostels in Glasgow. SOS, please raise the standard of hostels throughout the UK.

The best thing about this hostel is its location, and the beds (although saggy) are comfortable and don't wobble. Some of the bar and housekeeping staff are very friendly. The free wifi is incredibly poor and seems to be designed to get you to pay for the premium service. I'm in the UK for 2 weeks so I went and got a UK SIM card. Wifi is available everywhere tho. There are not enough powerpoints in each room or in the lounge. Poker/slot machines in the lounge… why? The hostel just seems tired.

Arrangement for making tea coffee in cabins.

• 14th Dec 2015
  • India

Very clean and surpassed my expectations

• 12th Dec 2015

Uncomfortable mattresses. Shower very small. Walls very thin so could hear loud tv at 2:30 am! Good location though.

The maze network of corridors is confusing but everything was clean

• 8th Dec 2015

Probably the most average hostel I've ever stayed at... Staff are pretty uninterested & hostel rooms & bathrooms are sort of clean. Wifi is pretty terrible but the location was good.

The shower was really small and the room was not very clean. Unter the bed was a lot of dust.

• Switzerland

Would deffo stay again!

• New Zealand

Really impressed with the size and look of the room (private double ensuite), lots of sockets, huge mirrors and very spacious shower. Floors and bathroom could have been a bit cleaner. Staff did their jobs fine. Reasonably priced, well stocked bar. Great central location. Car park just around the corner was very useful.

• Scotland

There was no plug in my dorm forfor me to charge my phone. There was one plug in the room that I could seesee, beside another persons bunk so I could not use it.

Hostel was just okay. Location was good close to downtown and walking path. The room was the bare essentials but they did offer to clean I everyday which I thought was great. We used the wash machine and the spin cycle didn't work so I was stuck squeezing water out of my clothes.

Poor wifi, tiny showers, next to no atmosphere. Would not recommend for a solo traveller.

Grimy. The place was super dirty, our dorm smelled weird, there was no soap in the dorm and it was never refilled when requested some, the toilet was leaking, the floors in the main areas were all sticky, and the staff didn't seem to care about any of it at all. The location was convenient, but I would never recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 28th Nov 2015

The hand sanitizer was run out.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • China

Staff was unfriendly, everything costs money, i.e towel for 7pounds, which is ridiculous and left some negative impressions.