Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

We never stayed in a hostel before but this was great. It was more like a good budget hote , where you can enjoy a meal, breakfast and there is a bar area and the rooms are very basic en suites. We went to a concert and needed a meal, a place to stay for the night and a breakfast in the morning. This hostel was ideal, good value for money. We will be back soon for our next concert.

• 25th Nov 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The common area wasn't really filled with excitement, had to pay to use pool tables. The kitchen was large and good variety of cooking equipment.

It were reet good like

• 24th Nov 2015

fantastic . nice and clean. good location. amazing value for money. one slight issue, no towel given but incredible value for money

• Scotland
  • All Male Group, 41+

Apart from being not so warm in daytime, all was First Class,clean sheets,towels,toilet paper & clean room + TV + Hot Water.!

• 24th Nov 2015

Great location. Has left luggage option. Kitchen is very basic, you have to ask for cutlery, plates and cups from reception and you only get paper plates, plastic cutlery and foam cup. The toaster does not work in kitchen. Was only there for one night so I went out. Good location, easy walking distance from central station and people's palace.

more cooking utensils in the kitchen would be good;-)

The Euro Hostel is really big and has a good structure, but I hadn't a good experience, we had talked preveously with the hostel by email to cancel one person of our reservation, anyway they charged us. The frontdesk staff wasn't in a good day and was not so receptive.

The building is modern, the hall is beautiful and cosy. I stayed in a dormitory and a double room, it wasn't a good experience: this hostel obliges you to pay everything, at high prices; for example a locker costed 3 pounds, an adaptor 5 pounds!!! Wi-fi indecent!!! It worked very bad, that's because there was another network (to pay) which was working better, but it needed pay further money.don't worry guys, you can buy everything you need at poundland, that is placed near the hostel.

My wife and I have just stayed 2 nights at the Euro Hostel in Glasgow, in a double room with en suite, which was clean, tidy and very adequate. We had 2 issues with our room during our stay- a faulty electric socket and a non closing window, which were dealt with very promptly. The staff are person centred and a great window to the company, nothing was too much trouble for them, also the contribution to the off site car parking was another nice touch. Looking forward to returning.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The location is amazing and the staff were helpful, if needed. The beds were really comfy and tall enough to sit under the bottom bunk. The bathrooms were pretty grimy and a little dated though (toilets, sink, and showers). I was only there for two days but chose not to shower because I didn't feel I could get clean :/ Plus the Internet was kinda crappy. It's okay though. I will say, the location was AMAZING and if you can deal with a bit of dust, grime, and hair then you're good!

Loved loved loved the breakfast!

Great location - easy walking distance from the best drinking and shopping areas. Good to have a games room - but it's not in great condition, and it was completely deserted when we went in. Very cheap rooms though, so I'll let them off! One word of advice though: don't eat at the bar downstairs!

• 14th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Clean, good location, fairly poor atmosphere even in the bar on Saturday night. Have to pay for a towel and there are minimal power plugs in the room.

• 14th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel, easy to find centrally located, clean comfy beds and a cheap bar downstairs. What more could you want?

• 13th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Security: Website said there was a safe in every room for valuables - couldn't find one in mine. Staff: rude staff at check in, obviously didn't like her job. Bar staff had no idea when they were doing, acted annoyed when I wanted food and charged me incorrectly. Atmosphere: walls were as thin as paper. Cleanliness: ensure sink not clean. Silverfish in bathroom. Facilities: poor quality of food. Only one plug socket.

• 12th Nov 2015

Had a great commercial size kitchen but one of the ovens was broken and both were pretty dirty and it was seriously lacking in equipment: having two pots and only a handful of knives and forma is nit enough for a hostel of its size. That was my only real complaint though. The staff were friendly and my twin private room was very clean and comfortable and got good WiFi.

I really enjoyed my stay at Eurohostel this time around. After an entirely sleepless night in one of their dorms a few years ago I opted for a private room this time, which was excellent value for money. A really comfortable bed and a quiet room too. Staff were really friendly and helpful, despite being super busy all the time. The kitchen is huge but bare. Apparently everything gets stolen, a sad sign of the times. The fast wi-fi is worth paying for.

Very good location, close to shops and pubs but lot of noise from inside and outside

Staff was quite unfriendly, when I got to my bed there were hairs on the mattress (yuck) and when I got to the room at night someone was sleeping in my bed!

• 5th Nov 2015