Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

I did not enjoy my stay at this hostel. My number one concern was security. I felt my belongings were unsafe. The lockers in my room were all broken, so I had to sleep with all my valuables in my bed. The bathroom door didn't even lock properly, so anyone could come right on in. There was extra security storage available however it was at a cost. The hostel was generally unclean and very impersonal. It felt like a hotel really, but unclean and very cheap. I would not recommend this hostel at all

Disappointed that price had gone up and breakfast is no longer included , last time I stayed (5 months ago) it was cheaper and breakfast was included!

We weren't sure what all the bad reviews were about. The hostel has comfortable beds and good facilities in a central location in Glasgow. Maybe it was because we were there midweek but it was also exceptionally cheap and the bar has cheap, tasty food. The breakfast is definitely worth booking in advance. The staff could be improved, they gave me wrong information and didn't act on issues when brought to their attention.

A hostel like a hotel. Something different than in Edinburgh. Pity we had the room at the same level as a group of German teenagers...

Car parking could be a problem as it is not adjacent, and if you park on-street your vehicle would be ticketed if you don't move it before 8am.

Great Location, Free Wi-Fi. Lots of toilets and shower in the 12-bed dorm. I liked this hostels as it was clean and the staff were friendly. There were only 2 others in the room with me so that was awesome. The view was also amazing. I got to see the Clyde River from my room.

Internet was not working proprely, and we have to wait a long time for the lifts. But the location was good

• 26th Apr 2014

The heating was on throughout our stay, and neither one of us slept the entire night we were there. Staff wasn't terribly helpful, other than just stating they couldn't do anything.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Over all I was very satisfied with my stay. The location is amazing and the rooms were OK. Showers could have been done better as the drains blocked easily and very small ventilation couldn't handle 4 people in short time. For those planning to use carpark near by be aware- yes you will get discount from hostel but pay when you want to leave the carpark not in advance otherwise you will have to pay twice.

Internet wasn't working, lifts wasn't working, and you have to pay for the Luggage Storage. The location is good.

The hostel is located in a good location and a very good food however the hostel has a lift and internet wifi but it doesnt work.

We booked a double room at Euro Hostel Glasgow for 3 nights, the room was spacious and clean, nice view too. The location is very central, which is convenient. Front desk staff wasn't the most friendly, but it was OK.

• 15th Apr 2014

I paid for a locker but my things were stolen I can't believe it !

Good value for money. Could do with power points by each bed rather than just tucked behind one. Some lockers broken.

Wifi wasn't working half of the time we stayed at the hostel. Also other elevator was out of order and the working one was really slow. Otherwise good value for money.

Euro Hostel Glasgow is not your typical hostel. It is very large and big business-minded. Therefore, it feels more like a hotel than hostel. A cheap hotel for party-goers, it seems. Although the staff was extremely friendly, the hostel is in a sort of eerie part of town. It was definitely not the right fit for our group but for a group expecting to be partying all night long, I am sure it is perfect.

The hostel is in a location you can't beat! The rooms were spacious, had nice hot showers, and good wifi! They had a fully equipped kitchen! The staff wasn't very helpful or knowledged and the hostel was so huge there wasn't much atmosphere, but it's good for a place to sleep and explore! Would stay again!

The hostel is very run down. Mattresses are lumpy and old, the carpet is stained and filled with holes and the elevators barely run. No wifi in the room. One electric outlet in the room hidden behind a bunk. Seems like they are under-staffed and that the employees are so busy they don't actually have time to help their guests.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »