Euro Hostel Glasgow Reviews

318 Clyde Street, G1 4NR, Glasgow, Scotland

The hostel would be almost perfect if the cleanliness of the room was brought up to scratch.

It was ok

Hi, we stayed 3 nights there, it was almost impossible to get internet (except if we pay 3£ per day) The bedroom was ok and clean, the location is perfect. Every day our electronic key stopped to work, so we had to ask reception to re activate it. There was a big leak from the upper floor bathroom in our bathroom. The staff did not explain anything or ask if you need something, they don t really care of people there. You pay, you stay, you leave that's it.

The 'free' wifi doesn't work. You have to pay for a padlock to work with their lockers. Toilet in the room was blocked the entire two days I stayed and no one cleaned our room. Staff are very unhelpful.

A good hostel located in a great central location. Facilities are good and there is even an adjoining pub.

The water pressure in the building was very poor. it took a long time to have a shower as a result. Staff were a bit frazzled trying to rectify bookings. For some reason, not everybody who had a booking had a room. (? changing over of room booking system). They did, however, get there in the end. The lifts took forever. Use the stairs, it'll be much quicker!

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

I will never stay in euro hostel as long as I live. I stayed in a 8 bed dorm with only had 2 plug sockets. The showers you couldn't swing a cat in them. No private light near the bed so if someone wanted the light off it was tough. Also not very good in explaining where the car park was as I had to pay 64 pound out to release my car because I was parked in the wrong on. And as I asked them at the car park this seem to happen a lot. Wasn't very helpful at reception when I explained my problem

• 26th Oct 2015

Nice enough place to stay in. Clean rooms. Large hostel but enough staff on front desk to help. Location is okay easy to walk to attractions and buses and trains. Only really bad part was the showers - a slow drip is the only way to describe. Annoying you have to pay for fast wifi. Slow wifi is slow as in it'll load maybe 2 pages then not work which was disappointing as well.

The heat was blasting and apparently can't be easily adjusted. Our room was a sauna all night! Made sleeping at this hostel extremely uncomfortable!

• 18th Oct 2015

My room had three showers but one of them the water just came piping hot and I spent some good 3-4 minutes trying to put t colder with no success. I just couldn't stand in the shower (and I like hot water but) but showered anyway. In the second morning I've tried another one that was the opposite. The water was cold and couldn't get it hotter. Just gave up by then. The room was hot, since you can open the window just about a foot and there was even some litter on the floor. Good price though.

The hostel is good and has a perfect location. Although the room was dirty and the bathroom is not good.

Good Hostel, but staff for check in was hard to understand because of the scottish accent.

Staff was ok, but not very nice or helpfuil. The locker should be bigger inside the room, my bag couldnt get in. Many asians and arabis that weren´t travelling, but just staying there. Location is very good and safety to enter the room (eletronic key)

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Portugal

None of the lockers were working. not able to put a lock. none of the doors could be closed properly (and therefore didn't lock). So people were slamming them to try and close them thus waking up everyone. The flow of the water in the shower was so weak I couldn't have a proper shower. nothing to hand the towel. Been in ltos of hostels who were not as ncie looking but at least you had some privacy and the showers were working fine.

• 10th Oct 2015

Never slept a wink - people all over the floor where talking loudly and the walls are paper thin. Place was totally over priced too - if I'd managed to book a Premier Inn a week earlier I would have saved £2 and probably have slept too. The hostel itself isn't the worst I've stayed in in terms of atmosphere but there's no personality to it and the staff weren't very friendly.

The hostel is in a great location, minutes away from the central station and about 15-20 away from Buchanan if you're travelling by bus. It's a giant hostel, so not a very social one. There's a restaurant down below that stops serving food at 2100. However, the showers were pretty gross, and the 14 bed dorms smelt pretty bad. The shower curtains were dirty and it just smelled. Staff weren't too warm. I did love the beds though, personally. But my dorm mate didn't like soft beds. Preferences.

basic budget hostel. somewhat tired. should advertise clearly that a twin room is a room with a bunk bed in it.

This by any means looks like a perfect hostel it has everything you would expect and the rooms are great complete with your own shower, toilet vanity and plenty of outlets. The only problem is the size of the place makes it feel super impersonal and the staff are like robots and not particularly friend. Definitely feels more like a hotel then a hostel.

Was not the friendliest hostel I've ever stayed in. Good value for the price though.

We stayed in the hostel for 6 nights and we didn't have hot shower water a single day. The toilet overflowed and it smelled bad. The room had a feetlike smell. Aside from the horrible room experience the rest of the hostel was ok.